+ Reply to Thread
Page 41 of 111
FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41 42 43 51 91 ... LastLast

Thread: Political news, yo.

Quote Originally Posted by DennyMcLain
    I remember Xanadu. What a gay-assed film.
    Fortunately, that movie was before my time. Of course, so is the intended reference to the utopia of Charles Foster Kane. Anyways, i knew tahoe was full of shit and would get pissed when i called him on it.
    "The moon is a light bulb breaking
    It'll go around with anyone
    But it won't come down for anyone"

Quote Originally Posted by xanadu
    Fortunately, that movie was before my time. Of course, so is the intended reference to the utopia of Charles Foster Kane. Anyways, i knew tahoe was full of shit and would get pissed when i called him on it.
    Kane is one of my favorite flicks, but there's nothing funny about it.... except the scene where he's breaking everything in his so to be ex-wife's room, staggering around like he's got the fear and he can't find the bathroom. I found humor in that.

Are you SUUUUURRRRREEEEE your name isn't in reference to that reaaalllly gay film? Tahoe said it was (no he didn't)

That scene is funny but so is the scene where he tells the banker that if the banker starts a charitable organization against him the banker can put him down for a donation of a thousand dollars.

So's the scene where that Chubby Checker wannabe almost explodes while playing the trumpet.

So's the scene where they move into the paper.

So's the scene where the Italian voice coach is screaming at the wife from that little air vent on the front of the stage.
    STEW BEEF!

Quote Originally Posted by xanadu
    I got pissed cuz of something you said? LMAO
    Players meeting my ASS!

look at this caca water, it's disgusting!
    http://www.balloon-juice.com/?p=26484

Quote Originally Posted by Lamar Alexander
    Thumbing their nose at the American people by ramming through a partisan bill would be the same thing as going to war without asking Congress’ permission. You might technically be able to do it, but you’d pay a terrible price in the next election.
    Quote Originally Posted by John Cole
    Let’s see if we can all follow along at home. According to Lamar Alexander, if both houses of Congress, filled with Representatives and Senators elected by the people, pass a bill and the President, also elected by the people in a landslide, then signs it, it is exactly the same as if both houses have no say whatsoever. Also, one is a war. The other is a health care bill. Additionally, even his follow-up is nonsense, because the Republicans GAINED seats in 2004.

What a bunch of horse shit analogies or something.
    Players meeting my ASS!

I'll be back on Monday. Too much football on to waste my time owning y'all in these forums.
    Players meeting my ASS!

Blog Entries
    Just in:

David Gregory looks like a Muppet
    Find a new slant.

Al Franken Trumps DOJ Official With The 4th Amendment

Just in case he wasn’t familiar with it, Sen. Al Franken (D-Minn.) decided to read the Fourth Amendment to the Constitution to David Kris, assistant attorney general of the Justice Department’s National Security Division, who was testifying to the Senate Judiciary Committee today to urge reauthorization of expiring provisions of the USA Patriot Act.

Franken, who opened by acknowledging that unlike most of his colleagues in the Senate, he’s not a lawyer, but according to his research “most Americans aren’t lawyers” either, said he’d also done research on the Patriot Act and in particular, the “roving wiretap” provision that allows the FBI to get a warrant to wiretap a an unnamed target and his or her various and changing cell phones, computers and other communication devices.

Noting that he received a copy of the Constitution when he was sworn in as a Senator, he proceeded to read it to Kris, emphasizing this part: “no Warrants shall issue but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.”

“That’s pretty explicit language,” noted Franken
    , asking Kris how the “roving wiretap” provision of the Patriot Act can meet that requirement if it doesn’t require the government to name its target.

Kris looked flustered and mumbled that “this is surreal,” apparently referring to having to respond to Franken’s question. “I would defer to the other branch of government,” he said, referring to the courts, prompting Franken to interject: “I know what that is.”

Kris explained that the courts have held that the law’s requirements that the person be described, though not named, is sufficient to meet the demands of the Constitution. That did not appear to completely satisfy Franken’s concerns.
    Heh.

look at this caca water, it's disgusting!
    I have always admired the 4th Amendment, and have always been terribly sad that everyone else seems to pretend that it doesn't exist.

+ Reply to Thread