+ Reply to Thread
Page 110 of 110
FirstFirst ... 10 60 100 108 109 110
Results 1,091 to 1,100 of 1100

Thread: Political news, yo.

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar

According to court records, one portion of the prosecution's email to victims that has raised red flags is an assertion that the Crumbleys have offered no proof that they were good parents, as they argued in a court filing that detailed their years of parenting.

"The prosecution team wants you to know that we have not seen any actual evidence to support (the parents') claims and the defense has not provided any evidence to the court," the prosecutor's office wrote to the victims in a statement published on Facebook.

"It implies that the defense is lying, or making up information," lawyers for the Crumbleys have argued, stressing they're tired of the prosecution acting as if it is the only "truth-teller" in this case.

The judge, meanwhile, has cautioned the prosecutor's office to be more careful.
    https://www.freep.com/story/news/loc...g/69572195007/

I think this is some serious bullshit. The trend to criminalize the shitty parents for the child's shitty acts is not going to result in better outcomes.

https://news.yahoo.com/is-it-a-crime...190558283.html

When not busy losing, Dwane Casey opined on Prop 2:

https://www.freep.com/story/opinion/...n/69600584007/

The Red Whimper has arrived.

I'm not usually a fan of droning ambient industrial music, but I have to admit that I like the new album by Margin of (NUMBERS). Can't believe he recorded the whole thing in his attic.

According to the rocket surgeons at the Oakland Press, Nikki Haley has dropped out:

Because the ballot list was finalized in December, Republican voters will see candidates who have since dropped out of the race: former New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie, Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis, former United Nations Ambassador and South Carolina gov. Nikki Haley, Arkansas Gov. Asa Hutchinson and pharmaceutical entrepreneur Vivek Ramaswamy, as well as Texas businessman Ryan L. Binkley, who has not dropped out
    https://www.theoaklandpress.com/2024...-need-to-know/ https://archive.is/RFWi7

Brain donorship... it's faaan-tastic!

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Mxy View Post
    The core issue is that they let a messed up kid back in the general school population.
    They knew he was messed up. They're the ones who said to get therapy in 48 hours.
    But the dumbass parents "resisted" when school tried to send him home with them
    So, instead of the kid being in, say, the principal's office, he's left back to class?

I really hope everyone gets what's coming to them.
    Having said all the above, I'm still not sold on the idea that the parents' convictions for involuntary manslaughter.

The judges should have allowed a "change of venue" request. I don't think a fair trial was possible within Oakland County, and that should have been obvious at the point of the parents' trials. The prosecutor was engaged in bullshit antics trying to score points in the nedia, to the point where a gag order was required. The prosecutor has already indicated that there won't be any attempt to prosecute school officials. Maybe the verdict would've been the same, but I don't trust the legal officials involved.

Look at this article from today:
    https://www.freep.com/story/news/loc...g/72612156007/

Specifically, the now-convicted father went off to his sister about how he was going to make it his goal in life to destroy McDonald, the sources said. According to a source close to the prosecutor's office, the threats included James Crumbley allegedly saying things like she was going to hell soon, she better be scared and she was done.

These alleged threats occurred in multiple phone calls dating to 2022 ? with most occurring in 2023, the sources said ? though prosecutors waited until the middle of Crumbley's trial to bring them up, despite knowing about them for months. No criminal charges have been filed in connection with the incidents.

The Oakland County Prosecutor's Office declined to comment.
    I bet the prosecutor said exactly the same unspecific "I'm gonna get those fuckers"-type words about the Crumbleys. Knew about it in 2022 but waited until mid-trial? Yeahhh....

Do I think they parents are dumbass scumbags, with a last name fit for a Harry Potter Muggle villain? Yup! There can never be true "justice" here. But, the law should be applied consistently even when they're scumbags, and I'm not seeing evidence of that.

IN MEMORY OF BIG VINNY 1943 – 1979 “WHEN IN DOUBT KNOCK EM OUT”
    Blog Entries
    Great insight Mxy.

I'm reppin' Jesus Christ and Conservative views....

Quick piece by VINNY which was a logo style of his. VINNY also did two letter throw up's by the name of FI 2.

GO WHITE!

Having to file a FOIA for threats not serious enough to warrant charges... yeah. I'm guessing smack talk and weak sauce.

https://www.wxyz.com/news/oakland-co...xford-families

The legal duty of care for children in public schools is shared between the parents and the school.

Somewhere between "The thoughts won't stop. Help me." and "My life is useless. The world is dead.", the school counselor who looked at Crumbley's artwork should have concluded that he was a danger to himself and|or others. They should not have just let him back into the general population, because that drawing is a pretty clear-cut cry for help. The explanation I read was that he hadn't acted out in class, which discounts the possibility that he might have been suicidal. The parents didn't take him home like they wanted so... just return to normal and hope that the kid got their shit together between second period and lunchtime?

The parents are shit, but I'm not feeling it for Oxford Schools. It's not a perfect analogy, but this is KINDA like the bartender serving someone who drunk drives their way to a homicide. You don't just prosecute the bartender for negligent homicide, but the bar owner for not handling shit right at the venue where the crime was concocted. The owner's the one with the big liquor license, while the bartender doesn't usually need or have "serious" licensing, and might be a total dumbass.

+ Reply to Thread