+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 14
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Here's a bit of a thinkpiece for you guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Zip Goshboots
    Is this where some of our "faith based initiative" tax dollars go?

i'll see your one fanatic and raise you another:

(hitler almost certainly held no religious views that were based on spirituallity).

so i guess by your logic it must be the atheists who are trying to take over and ruin the world, right?

"You see, it’s been our misfortune to have the wrong religion. Why didn’t we have the religion of the Japanese, who regard sacrifice for the Fatherland as the highest good? The Mohammedan religion too would have been much more compatible to us than Christianity. Why did it have to be Christianity with its meekness and flabbiness?"[18] In the Hossbach Memorandum Hitler is recorded as saying that "only the disintegrating effect of Christianity, and the symptoms of age" were responsible for the demise of the Roman empire.[19] In 1941, Hitler praised an anti-christian tract from 362CE, Julian's Against the Galileans, saying "I really hadn't known how clearly a man like Julian had judged Christians and Christianity, one must read this..."[20] He was reported to say that religion should die on its own accord.

Blog Entries
    I'm not necessarily the most religious person in the world, but we do have to realize that not every Atheist is a great person him or herself ya know. In fact I've heard and seen more Atheists bitching about everything lately, but that could just be the people I live around (you know, the kids nowadays that are bandwagon Atheists and listen to Motley Crue).

As for Hitler, he preached Pagan ideas...that's all I got. :x
    Last edited by Timone; 08-21-2007 at 07:45 AM.

look at this caca water, it's disgusting!
    I've said it before and I'll say it again: if you gotta paint your face blue and pray to Chthulhu in order to keep yourself from molesting kids, please do. But it's not going to get you any closer to understanding why you think the way you do.

Blog Entries
    Are you making fun of those of us who paint our face blue and worship Cthulhu?

look at this caca water, it's disgusting!
    Quote Originally Posted by timbeau0805
    Are you making fun of those of us who paint our face blue and worship Cthulhu?

Quote Originally Posted by Zip Goshboots
    Anyone who denies that christians are trying to take over the world is delusional.
    Anybody who tries to make EVERY thread he's in about his personal vendetta against religion is insane. The thread isn't (well, it wasn't before your remarks) about this Z. You have plenty that are to play in.
    STEW BEEF!

Blog Entries
    By the way, nice job with "thinkpiece", x.
    Find a new slant.

While you make a good point, Fool, I disagree on the grounds that religion is severely misguided with regard to its agenda toward homosexuality and what may or may not "cause" it. Religion tends to compartmentalize homosexuality so guilt ridden homosexuals (who are taught that there is something inherently wrong with them) are led to believe that they can pray the gay away.
    The author of this piece, according to the great detective work of whomever found the info about him is and has been closely associated with religious groups.
    Winning breeds confidence. Losing breeds reality.

Blog Entries
    ^ Cogent.
    Find a new slant.

+ Reply to Thread