WTFDetroit.com

View Full Version : Report: Titans to acquire Mike Williams from Lions

H1Man
04-28-2007, 01:08 PM
Report: Titans to acquire Mike Williams from Lions

According to the NFL Network, the Tennessee Titans are expected to acquire wide receiver Mike Williams from the Detroit Lions for an undisclosed draft choice.

Williams, the Lions’ first pick in 2005, has been a disappointment since being taken 10th overall that season. He had just eight catches last season.

The move would reunite Williams with his former Southern California offensive coordinator Norm Chow.

Ironically, Williams was a player the Titans strongly considered taking with the No. 6 pick in that draft, when they drafted Adam “Pacman” Jones, who is now suspended for the entire season.

The Titans are still believed to be in the running to acquire San Diego Chargers running back Michael Turner, though Tennessee apparently has declined to offer a first-round pick, which Chargers general manager A.J. Smith has demanded in any deal for the running back.
http://www.nashvillecitypaper.com/index.cfm?section_id=33&screen=news&news_id=55909

I hope we atleast get a 4th rounder for him.

micknugget
04-28-2007, 01:33 PM
I hate to give up on the guy just because I think that he has talent but now that we have R. Williams, Furrey, and now C. Johnson, I guess we shoudl get what we can for M. Williams.

Jethro34
04-28-2007, 06:06 PM
So......it's been hours since this was posted and I haven't seen anything more yet. I went to a different message board and cats were calling for a 3rd and a 4th. Tre and I laughed. Darrell Jackson who has actually had a career was had for a 4th and these cats want more? Right. I'm guessing we get a 5th at the most, probably less than that.

Jethro34
04-28-2007, 08:41 PM
Well, that didn't happen. Looks like Mike and McCown for Oakland's pick #105 (4th round). So it seems we have 2 of the first 6 picks tomorrow. Is that right?

Black Dynamite
04-28-2007, 11:39 PM
Well, that didn't happen. Looks like Mike and McCown for Oakland's pick #105 (4th round). So it seems we have 2 of the first 6 picks tomorrow. Is that right?
probably. I'm cool with dropping a 4th for those 2 players. Especially think Williams will fit a great fit with Kiffin's system(in which he was at his best).