WTFDetroit.com

View Full Version : Lions sign Dewayne White

micknugget
03-04-2007, 12:31 PM
http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/10037801

This guy was considered one of the top 20 (Sportsline has him at #6, ESPN at #16) free agents this off-season. He's only 26 and looks to be pretty good. He should definitely be an upgrade over Hall.

DennyMcLain
03-04-2007, 03:32 PM
WTF???

Oh...wait.

Dewayne White.

Sorry, my eyes are still blurry from Sat. night.

Next up, the Lions pick S. O'Neal out of Henderson St.

Glenn
03-04-2007, 07:04 PM
If we're lucky, this guy is related to Reggie White.

I wanna hear more about Asians turning a television into a watch.

MoTown
03-05-2007, 08:35 AM
So we're paying a backup defensive end who has 14 sacks over 3 years $29 million. Excuse me for not jumping for joy.

WTFchris
03-05-2007, 10:05 AM
I'm taking the wait and see approach as well. He's probably no worse than Hall, and at least he buys into Rod's scheme (which will help). Good signing I guess, but he should have been replacing Edwards and not Hall (if we had let Cleveland sign Edwards).

Jethro34
03-05-2007, 04:50 PM
Yeah, like all the other guys they're talking to this weekend - it's all about people that will come in and work hard for the coaches.
Hall complained about Marinelli's tough practices. White enjoyed them. That's the difference. White showed signs of ability when he played, and the fact that he was a backup had more to do with the other talent they had there (see Simeon Rice) than an assesment of White's ability. Plus, a backup on Tampa's D is almost always better than a star on Detroit's, right?

The thing that intrigues me about the moves the Lions have been making so far is that they seem to be filling the holes they needed to address in the draft. That can be scary, since it might leave Millen open to draft the best player available (the Mike Williams approach) and even though there are 6 or 7 difference makers in this draft, Millen's the one guy that could still get it wrong.

WTFchris
03-05-2007, 04:56 PM
This signing is fine, but I worry about a Curtis signing for a lot of money. That has Hakim/Schroeder written all over it again. A #3 guy forced into the #2 role. Plus it tells teams we aren't going to take Johnson. We could see a repeat of Cleveland trading up one spot to get Winslow (this time with Tampa and Johnson), but not if we sign Curtis. Tampa will just wait for Johnson to fall to them.

Hermy
03-05-2007, 04:58 PM
Curtis will be the #3.