WTFDetroit.com

View Full Version : The Official LOL@the Raiders thread

Black Dynamite
12-11-2006, 06:13 PM
breaking even I see. Please draft brady quinn lions if you get the first pick. Adrian Peterson is a must for us. Fuck these dumb as nails raider fans calling for quinn's overrated ass.

Glenn
01-13-2007, 10:54 AM
Gutz, did you have anything to do with the new "Raiders" WTF banner ad?

Black Dynamite
01-13-2007, 12:01 PM
banner ad? where?

Glenn
01-13-2007, 12:30 PM
It was here this morning, saw it while browsing the NFL forum.

I tried to post it as an image, but it didn't work.

Kinda like the alpaca.net ad that was here a while back.

I think it was selling Raider jerseys or other merchandise.

Black Dynamite
01-13-2007, 01:40 PM
well since i dont have jersey selling income in my bank. I'll have to say it wasnt my idea.

Glenn
01-22-2007, 11:19 AM
Gutz/RaiderFans,

Your thoughts on Michael Vick?

I bet it happens.

WTFchris
01-22-2007, 02:39 PM
Gutz/RaiderFans,

I bet it happens.

The deal I saw rumored was the raiders pick, porter and moss for vick and their pick. The Raiders would be stupid to do that deal. I wouldn't trade the #1 pick for Vick. I'd take my chances with Russell. plus, if they trade moss and porter, then who is Vick throwing too? His cast would be worse than he has now in Atlanta. He wouldn't have Dunn or Crumpler either. That move would be terrible.

If they could trade Porter and a future first for Vick then they would be on to something. Then they can try and trade down and/or select Peterson or Calvin Johnson.

Black Dynamite
01-22-2007, 06:10 PM
Wont happen. If a trade did happen I highly doubt both receivers are a part of it. Of course people are stupid when it comes to the raiders and theres slighted hate from the media.

Also we haven't gotten jobbed on a deal in awhile. Some may have panned out only decent, but never jobbed. I still say Adrian Peterson or Russell gets picked by us.

Black Dynamite
01-22-2007, 06:13 PM
Gutz/RaiderFans,

I bet it happens.
Shouldnt you be worried about Tomlin taking over the squeelers after Whisenhunt left you for the illustrious Cards?[smilie=heatsmiley2:

Glenn
01-23-2007, 08:35 AM
^I guess that means you don't like Vick?

WTFchris
01-23-2007, 09:07 AM
I'm hoping they trade for vick, but don't include their pick at all. That means Russell will still be there when we pick.

Black Dynamite
01-23-2007, 09:18 AM
lol...Vick isn't coming to oakland, not for two WR's and a 1st rounder. Also Russell may not be available. Honestly i'd prefer Peterson, But it all depends on what Lane Kiffin talks Al Davis into doing to get him started on the offensive set up he needs..

Glenn
01-23-2007, 09:21 AM
Peterson's collar bone would concern me.

We all saw how Charles Rogers collar bone injury went.

Maybe ganja weakens the collar, though.

Black Dynamite
01-23-2007, 09:23 AM
Peterson's collar bone would concern me.

We all saw how Charles Rogers collar bone injury went.

Maybe ganja weakens the collar, though.
maybe Rogers is frail. Not a worry IMO, Peterson rehabilitated from his much faster and probably has better work ethic than Rogers, which may have played a factor.

WTFchris
01-23-2007, 09:29 AM
what would they do at QB? Sign Jeff Garcia? lol

Black Dynamite
01-23-2007, 09:38 AM
what would they do at QB? Sign Jeff Garcia? lol
Who knows? Again depends on what Kiffin says he can do. Honestly I think he's a great guy to have for Andrew Walter, What USC did to make Booty look like a QB was admirable. I think he very well could stick with Brooks and Walter.

Also last I checked Garcia looked like a qb again as soon as he got out of the Lions death trap. Doesnt mean I'd want him on our team. But Laughing like your team wasnt the only one he played that badly in, is a little odd.

The Raiders main issue is that its hard to judge 2006 from an offensive personnel stand point. The coaching was that bad on offense unfortunately. So "cleaning house" may not be the right first move. And laughing off guys that are probably way better than their numbers in it would be fairly premature. Either way QB isn't that big an issue to me. Brooks, Walter, or new guy is fine by me as long as we get some rushing help.

Glenn
01-23-2007, 09:45 AM
Gutz,

Continuing to post in that Lions v. Raiders thread was getting lame, that thread should now drift down the page in retirement.

Here's a new thread for you.

Black Dynamite
01-23-2007, 09:46 AM
Kiss my ass, i didnt ask for it. :P[smilie=heatsmiley2:

Zekyl
01-23-2007, 10:29 AM
...like your team wasnt the only one he played that badly in, is a little odd.
Cleveland Browns anyone?

WTFchris
01-23-2007, 10:30 AM
Garcia would be a huge mistake for the Raiders. his arm strength is shot and Moss wouldn't catch a pass over 40 yards. Oakland could pull a AP, Troy Smith combo though, if they wanted to.

Black Dynamite
01-23-2007, 11:00 AM
Garcia would be a huge mistake for the Raiders. his arm strength is shot and Moss wouldn't catch a pass over 40 yards. Oakland could pull a AP, Troy Smith combo though, if they wanted to.
We'd still do that garcia or not. If we grabbed Garcia, there would be no assured theme of him starting or us passing on troy smith. Again though I highly doubt he's on our radar, he's not the type of qb Lane Kiffin would want IMO. In fact I think we look at a pocket qb vet, or stick with Brooks and Walter(which I have no problem with). As far as troy smith goes, i'd rather draft a defensive player after Peterson. But we'll see what Al and Kiffin talk about and what the final say is.

Cleveland Browns anyone?
he was average there, but not as bad as he was in detroit by any means.

Glenn
01-31-2007, 11:28 AM
SCORCHING!!

This is long, but highly recommended.

Probably just the media hating on the Raiders again for no reason, right Gutz?

Too bad they didn't pick the Lions for their series on bad franchises, they went with the Raiders, Knicks, Blues, Orioles (one for each sport).

http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=168848

Bad franchises: Blame the Raiders' mess on Al Davis

Paul Attner
Sporting News

He arrives at the Raiders' practice complex, frequently at night, after most everyone has left. His driver opens the door for him and starts the laborious process of getting Al Davis out of his car and into his office. The driver takes Davis' weakened legs and turns them toward the pavement, then pulls him up so he can put his hands on his walker. Then Davis moves through the dark, slowly, methodically, until he disappears behind the doors at the center of Raider Nation.

The man who once would show off his vigor at league meetings by having workout equipment delivered to his room has seen his body fail him these past few years, just as his franchise, the one he has controlled and manipulated for the past 43 seasons, likewise has deteriorated. The once proud and arrogant Raiders -- winners of three Super Bowls, the self-proclaimed "Team of the Decades" -- now are contenders for another title: worst franchise in pro sports.

And at the center of everything wrong about the team is majority owner Davis, at 77 increasingly frail yet still firmly in charge of every aspect of the operation, unwilling to step aside, unwilling or unable to move out of the past and deal with today's NFL.

Davis and the Raiders exist in a world unlike any in the league. He surely must have been angered by this season and its 2-14 ugliness. Yet until he fired coach Art Shell on January 4, the most visible sign of displeasure from Davis over the past few months came after a perceived slight to his team's legacy. NFL Network ranked the top 20 all-time Super Bowl winners; it placed the Raiders' 1983 champions 20th. Davis was outraged; the organization sent out e-mails to national media questioning how the network could not rate the team as perhaps the best ever.

That legacy is all Davis has left, and he guards it with remarkable zeal. Everything about the Raiders is their past, the titles, the Hall of Fame players. But the present? The joke around the NFL is that no one does losing better than the Raiders. Even in the best of times, it is a dysfunctional organization. But the crushing pressure generated by losing this season created an ongoing soap opera of laughable proportions. One star receiver was suspended for complaining about a practice, another admitted he dropped passes because he didn't care, the head coach publicly accused a team personnel executive of undermining the organization to the media, the new quarterback wondered at one point, "What have I gotten into?"

The results on the field were truly embarrassing. The Raiders set franchise records for most losses and fewest points scored. In the Davis era, which began in 1963 when he became coach and general manager, they never had been shut out twice at home nor had they lost nine straight games; both happened this season. They finished last in the league in points (10.5 per game), offense (246.2 yards per game), sacks allowed (72), turnovers (46) and takeaway/giveaway differential (minus-23). How bad is bad? The Raiders lost to Houston despite holding the Texans to minus-5 yards passing. They had nary a touchdown in their last three games; LaDainian Tomlinson singlehandledly scored 15 more touchdowns than the Raiders this season.

But this was not an anomaly. Since losing Super Bowl 37 after the 2002 season, their 15-49 record is the worst in the NFL, outdoing even the pathetic Lions'. Over the past 12 years, Oakland has had three winning seasons, two while Jon Gruden was coach. Even more telling: The Raiders have not won a Super Bowl in 23 years and have played for the NFL title just once in that span. But until now, they never had suffered four consecutive losing seasons. Until now, they never had gone two years without a division win.

If Gruden had stayed, this current mess might not be happening. But he couldn't coexist with Davis, who disliked seeing his coach receive much of the credit for the team's success. Nor would Gruden abide by Davis' constant interference. Gruden welcomed a trade after the 2001 season that landed him in Tampa; he promptly coached the Bucs to a win over the Raiders in Super Bowl 37. In the five years since Gruden's departure, Davis has gone through three head coaches.

"Al had the coach he needed in Gruden," one NFL team official says. "If they had been able to work together, none of what you see now would have happened. But Al doesn't want anyone else to be in the spotlight but him. When people began saying Gruden was the reason the Raiders were good, it was only a matter of time before he was gone."

Once, coaching or playing for the Raiders was a gem on a resume. John Madden won a Super Bowl and is in the Hall of Fame. Tom Flores won two rings and might get in one day. Now, no proven head coach will work for Davis. And most high-profile candidates won't interview. After the 2005 season, the Raiders even were turned down by a college coach, Louisville's Bobby Petrino, who recently took over the Falcons. Shell's hiring a year ago was a desperate move; he was the loyal Raider who had been fired once, in 1994, by Oakland because he no longer met Davis' expectations. Davis still can sign some big-name free agents -- LaMont Jordan being the prime example -- if the money is right. But it's no longer an honor to be in a Raiders uniform.

The Raiders remain undaunted. Chief executive Amy Trask says that any view of them should embrace a bigger picture, that during this decade they've been to two AFC title games and won three AFC West championships, more than any division rival. "It's important that when you look at 2006, you look at it in the perspective of the last seven years," Trask says. "It is really only fair to look at it in that context. We've always been able to regain success. We can turn this around, and we will turn it around."

What does Davis think? The Raiders did not make him available for an interview.

Still, the common thread through all of this -- the reign of success, the decay into ineptness -- is Davis. Figuring out how the Raiders got into this present state of disrepair starts with him.

There is no doubting that Davis is one of the great football men in NFL history. He already is in the Hall of Fame, and his immense intelligence and keen football instincts built the Raiders into one of the most successful, popular sports franchises ever. "Al is the last of a breed," says Ron Wolf, the former Packers general manager who worked 24 years with the Raiders and Davis. "He is brilliant and still very, very sharp. He knows every part of the franchise -- coaching, personnel, business. He was great in every area. But the game has changed so much -- it's so big now, it just is different from what it once was."

But Davis is not different. He continues to be the Raiders' personnel chief. He no longer attends practices, but he reviews practice tape. He has last say on lineup changes, on roster decisions, on hiring assistant coaches, on both the final setup of the draft board and players who are selected. He studies tapes of opponents and has significant input into game plans and schemes.

In his last public appearance, in the locker room December 17 after a loss to the Rams, Davis alluded to the strain of his workload. "(Practice tape) takes so goddamn long to go through," he lamented. "It takes three hours to go through offense, defense, special teams, looking at every player and watching what they're doing tactically, strategy and all."

As is his habit, he rambled from subject to subject. At one point, he said, "What I say to you is: five decades, five Super Bowls, four head coaches, four different quarterbacks." And: "I want to win. Obviously in life, I like certain things. I like beautiful women more than unbeautiful women. I'm not in any way demeaning the unbeautiful women. I want to win, and I will win, and we will win for the Raiders, and we'll get this thing straightened out."

He wears all white or all black. That hasn't changed, either; on this day, white was the choice. As he talked, he leaned on his walker, his face pasty-white and hollow, his eyes reddened, his left leg in a brace, both legs betraying him with every step. "I want to get this (leg) thing well -- it's tough," he admitted. "No one seems to have an answer." Davis won't say what is wrong; evidently it is a nerve problem that has defied treatment and cure.

Once, when he was younger, he was good enough to handle all of his multiple tasks at a superior level. But that was before the era of salary caps and free agents, before rules changes hindered his ability to run players in and out, to pay them what he wanted, to cut them at will. His best players were Raiders for life; Madden and Flores were his only coaches for 19 consecutive seasons.

Now, things are different. "He has lost his fastball," says one NFL personnel man. "He used to be the best personnel guy in the league. Not anymore. Look at the Raiders' drafts. He still is picking defensive backs early; it's a joke. He is living in the past. The game and the kids have changed so much. It's not like when you had kids who wanted to play, who weren't overpaid, who worked hard. One or two bad guys can ruin it all. He is not willing to change how he does anything. He is going down with what he knows."

He never cared about character. If he had, those old Raiders teams, with John Matuszak and the rest, would not have been nearly as fun to watch. But now you get stuck with someone like Randy Moss and his large cap number and the whole roster is affected. "Maybe I need to pay more attention to character," he has told folks in the league.

He is difficult to work for, a demanding second-guesser who encourages paranoia, bickering and insecurity within the building. Too many of those employees are sycophants, loyalists whose duty is to agree with him and reinforce the Raiders' legacy and his role in creating it. The Raiders always seem angry, defensive, wary of conspiracies.

This season, we briefly got a glimpse of the dysfunction. At a news conference in late November, Shell astonishingly called out a team employee, whom he did not name, and lambasted him for undermining the Raiders by criticizing offensive coordinator Tom Walsh, a close friend of Shell's, to national media. "There has been an attack on my (football) family," said Shell, and he referred to the employee as a "fox inside your chicken coop." Reporters immediately knew Shell was referring to senior personnel executive Mike Lombardi. Amazingly, nothing came of the episode; both Shell and Lombardi continued in their positions.

Whatever authority Oakland's head coach might have had in the past now has evaporated. In disputes between players and coaches, Davis inevitably favors the players, particularly the most talented ones. The players know this, and they view their head coach as powerless. During the 2005 season, for example, then-coach Norv Turner benched quarterback Kerry Collins and replaced him with Marques Tuiasosopo, a 2001 second-round choice who has been a bust. Tuiasosopo played miserably in that start, but after the game Turner said Tuiasosopo would continue to be No. 1. Three days later, Turner said Collins had regained his starting role. The coach had been overruled by Davis.

This year, receiver Alvis Whitted, blessed with great speed but second-rate skills, remained a starter even though Ronald Curry, who had returned from a 2005 injury, was a better player. Davis favors receivers who can stretch the field, which Curry can't do. Whitted kept his starting position for 13 games, until he was injured. Curry, despite uneven playing time, caught a team-leading 62 passes, 35 more than Whitted.

"What's sad is that Al is hiring head coaches he knows can't be successful," says one team executive. Says another personnel man: "They haven't adjusted to today's times and today's football and today's players. They're still trying to strong-arm people with their tactics. They still try and go by the old Raider mentality, where they shouldn't flex as much as just make better decisions with a little better judgment." But there's more. "Until they solve the quarterback situation, they won't get any better," says ESPN analyst Joe Theismann. "And they have to change their offensive philosophy. I remember when Magic Johnson tried to coach the Lakers. He lasted just a few games, he couldn't talk to the new generation, it didn't work. That's what happened to Art. You need someone running the offense who is up-to-date."

Since Super Bowl 37, the decline of the Raiders has been steady and stunning. Bill Callahan, who coached that squad after replacing Gruden, lasted one more year. Following a 4-12 season in which Callahan called his team the dumbest in America, Davis fired him and hired Turner, who had one playoff team in his seven years as Redskins coach.

At the end of his two-season tenure (9-23), Turner was haggard and jittery. The players had lost respect for him -- particularly Moss, who was obtained from the Vikings in 2005 to help restore the Raiders' vertical passing game. Moss wasn't happy, Collins deteriorated, and the Raiders finished 2005 with a six-game losing streak. Davis then turned to Shell, who vowed to restore the team's swagger and toughness. And his offense? "Run it and strike deep," he said. Back to the old Raider Way.

Instead, 2006 became the antithesis of everything Davis had created with the franchise. The defense finished an impressive third in the NFL. But on offense, it was horrid:

Shell clashed immediately with receiver Jerry Porter, who had 76 catches in 2005. Porter wanted to do his offseason training in Florida; Shell wanted him at the Oakland facility. Then Porter complained loudly about a lengthy October practice; Warren Sapp said he had heard "a lot worse." But Shell kicked out Porter and the Raiders suspended him for four games, a penalty cut in half after a compromise with the NFLPA. Yet, inexplicably, Oakland neither traded nor waived Porter. He was inactive most games and finished the season with just one reception.

The self-centered Moss was appointed offensive captain for the season, an awful decision. He became a barometer for all things wrong with the offense. On a radio show before the first game, he complained: "There's a lot of funny things going on in this organization. ... It's fishy around here, so actually we're walking on eggshells around here." In early October, he said: "I'm doing fine. I'm not even concerned with football right now. I'm just loving life." Asked if he was concerned about the team, he answered: "No, because it doesn't seem like nobody else is concerned, so why should I?" Asked about a trade, he said: "If it is good for this team for me to be traded, of course." In November, he attributed his numerous dropped passes to "a bad mood" affecting his concentration and focus, all stemming from his unhappiness with everything Raiders. He sat out the final three games with an ankle injury and finished with 42 catches.

Walsh was hired by Shell and Davis as offensive coordinator even though he had not been in the NFL since he was fired as part of Shell's 1994 staff. Walsh was running a bed and breakfast in Idaho when called back by the Raiders; the offense he installed was so basic and unimaginative that it became an embarrassment. Finally, before the 12th game, Shell demoted Walsh and handed over the offense to another assistant, John Shoop. Under Walsh, the Raiders averaged 12.0 points; under Shoop 7.2.

Davis dumped Collins after the 2005 season and brought in free agent Aaron Brooks, a former starter in New Orleans who was considered merely a quality backup by most of the league. Yet Davis liked Brooks' strong arm and hoped he could get the ball downfield to Moss and Porter. But Brooks, who struggled with injuries all season, instead demonstrated the same bad decision making and error-ridden play that had soured the Saints on him. He did not win a game as starter.

In December, he admitted wondering, "What have I gotten into?" The Raiders offense he had dreamed about? "I have my PlayStation for that," he said. The real Oakland offense? "I see a lack of motivation, enthusiasm, excitement and skill. Right now, we need a miracle to get something done offensively."

The Raiders traded receiver Doug Gabriel to the Patriots the week of the first game even though Porter was the one in Davis' doghouse. New England cut Gabriel in December. The Raiders claimed him off waivers.

Now the Raiders have the No. 1 pick in the draft. That last happened in 1962, pre-Davis, when they chose quarterback Roman Gabriel first in the AFL draft. But he never signed with them. The obvious choice this year would be a quarterback. But with so many needs, Oakland could opt to trade the selection for multiple choices and/or veteran players. Davis has drafted only three quarterbacks in the first round, and all three (Marc Wilson, Todd Marinovich and Eldridge Dickey) have been mediocre or worse. He seems better at finding retreads such as Jim Plunkett and Rich Gannon, who unexpectedly flourished as Raiders.

Davis' latest attempts to fix the offense have failed. His line, composed mostly of recent draft selections, is a mess; Jordan, a big-bucks free-agent running back, hasn't proved he is a top runner; Davis' best players, Moss and Porter, have created what teammate Jarrod Cooper called a circus; and none of the 16 offensive players taken in the past four drafts has become a star.

But Davis is entertaining no thoughts of stepping aside. "To the contrary," Trask says, "He is energized and eager to get started on the 2007 season." That may be the worst possible news for Raiders fans everywhere.

Senior writer Paul Attner covers the NFL for Sporting News. E-mail him at attner@sportingnews.com.

Black Dynamite
02-01-2007, 07:44 PM
Probably just the media hating on the Raiders again for no reason, right Gutz?
Glenn these things become a waste of time with you. You play dumber than a retard when you the subject isnt something you mancrush. Then ask a question that doesnt have shit to do with what I said. I never said no reason. Never implied as much. The Raiders are known to be very secretive in their decisions and have pissed on hundreds of reporters trying to get into the behind the scenes element of the team. Not even their local people get much access. They've never been liked or disliked. Its hated or loved. And you're loving any team that cock blocks your "inside" stories. This isnt the first shot taken at the team and won't be the last.

And furthermore the lions receive pity. They've never been on top. Theres no fun in kicking them when they are down, except in detroit. Of course you have articles calling for millen to stay and fix his mess. Which I'd love to see. :yingyang: Much like mike martz kicking onside kicks early, i expect all the gloating we did when we stepped on people's necks to come back around. pittsburgh will get some of that too soon.

if you you're gonna post in here. try something more useful.

Black Dynamite
02-01-2007, 07:51 PM
Fred Biletnikoff Retires

Raider Legend Fred Biletnikoff, who has enjoyed an illustrious 32-year career with the Raider organization as a player and coach, has announced his retirement. The Pro Football Hall of Famer spent the past 18 years on the Raider coaching staff, the last 10 tutoring the Silver and Black's wide receivers. He also coached Raider wideouts from 1989-94 and served as quality control assistant for the Raiders from 1995-96. Click here to read more...

CABLE UPDATE: Tom Cable said he is optimistic about replacing Jackie Slater as the Raiders' primary offensive line coach. Slater was informed by new head coach Kiffin on Monday that he is free to seek employment elsewhere. He would remain with the Raiders in a scouting role if he is unable to find work with one of the league's 31 other teams.

Kiffin offered Cable a job last week, but he has been occupied by other matters and unable to finalize the deal.

"We talked about it," Cable said, when reached by phone. "We're just trying to work through things right now."

When asked if he expected to be the Raiders offensive line coach in 2007, he said: "I hope so. Absolutely."

The Raiders offensive line was thought to be a strength entering the 2006 season. However, the Raiders offense struggled.

The Raiders allowed a league-worst 72 sacks and scored only 12 offensive touchdowns in 16 games. Cable said he isn't sure what to make of the offensive linemen he intends to work with in the near future.

Cable was the Atlanta Falcons offensive line coach last season. He wasn't retained by Bobby Petrino, who was hired to replaced the fired Jim Mora. Cable was Cal's offensive line coach from 1992-97.

we signed him as of today.

The new Raiders coach tells some assistants they won't be needed any longer
By Steve Corkran
CONTRA COSTA TIMES

NFL

New Raiders coach Lane Kiffin continued the makeover of the coaching staff he inherited when he replaced the fired Art Shell on Jan. 22 by informing demoted offensive coordinator Tom Walsh and offensive line coach Jackie Slater, among others, that their services aren't wanted under his command, a person familiar with the process confirmed Tuesday night.

Walsh, Slater, assistant defensive backs/special teams coach Lorenzo Ward and offensive quality control coach Robert Ford were told they are free to seek employment elsewhere. If they aren't successful in doing so, they will be reassigned within the organization, most likely as scouts, so that the Raiders get something in return for the money they are owed for the 2007 season.

Also, special teams coach Ted Daisher was hired by the Cleveland Browns for a similar position. He spent last season with the Raiders after a two-season stint as a special teams assistant with the Philadelphia Eagles.

Finally, assistant defensive line coach Darryl Sims was asked to re-interview for his job. He and an outside candidate, from Fresno State, are being considered for the job, the person familiar with the process said.

Sims would be reassigned to the scouting department, as well, if he gets passed over by Kiffin.

The Raiders did not announce any of the moves Tuesday, but all of the affected coaches' names had been removed from the team's Web site by Tuesday night.

Walsh and Slater became lightning rods for criticism last season because of the poor showing by Oakland's offense. The Raiders scored a league-worst 168 points -- only 138 on offense -- and allowed a league-high 72 sacks in a 2-14 campaign. Raiders managing general partner Al Davis, in Kiffin's introductory news conference, Jan. 23 singled out the offense as the main culprit for the team's miserable season last year and hinted at change.

Shell demoted Walsh after 11 games last season, under pressure from Davis and others to make a change.

John Shoop replaced Walsh the final five games, but the Raiders fared even worse offensively.

The six aforementioned coaches joined the Raiders last season, soon after Shell was hired. Kiffin replaced Walsh with former Atlanta Falcons offensive coordinator Greg Knapp on Monday. He has made an offer to former Falcons offensive line coach Tom Cable to assume a similar role with the Raiders. However, Cable still hasn't made a decision on whether he wants to accept.

we also nabbed Tom Rathman from from the niners as or RB coach.

Web site reports Clemson's Spence interviewing with Raiders
Thursday, February 01, 2007

CLEMSON - Rob Spence is speaking with the NFL's Oakland Raiders about a position on their staff, a Clemson fan Web site has reported.

Tigerillustrated.com reported Wednesday night that Spence, Clemson's offensive coordinator the past two years, was in Oakland interviewing for the Raiders' quarterbacks job.

Spence recently turned down lucrative offers by Alabama and Minnesota, both of which wanted him as offensive coordinator. After he rebuffed Minnesota, Spence assured head coach Tommy Bowden and athletic director Terry Don Phillips that he was committed to helping Clemson recover from last season's 8-5 disappointment.

Tigerillustrated.com also reported Wednesday night that receivers coach Dabo Swinney turned down an offer from Alabama coach Nick Saban.

Swinney and Spence could not be reached for comment.

Black Dynamite
02-06-2007, 08:09 PM
spence chose to stay at clemson, but we nabbed this guy from the Squeelers Glenn. [smilie=heatsmiley2:

Darren Perry, who has coached defensive backs for the Pittsburgh Steelers since 2003, joins The Oakland Raiders in the same capacity.
"Darren's track record speaks for itself in Pittsburgh, first as an outstanding player and then equally as a proven coach," said Raiders Head Coach Lane Kiffin. "His work in the defensive backfield has resulted in championship caliber play from all areas. More specifically, his work with Troy Polamalu, whom I'm very familiar with, has been outstanding and will translate well with the great talent we have here."

The 38-year-old Perry, a standout defensive back for Pittsburgh during the 1990s, returned to the Steelers in 2003 as assistant defensive backs coach. He was promoted to defensive backs coach in 2004, where his secondary ranked fourth in the NFL against the pass. Perry was also a part of the 2005 championship coaching staff that won Super Bowl XL.

Perry spent the 2002 season as the safeties coach for the Cincinnati Bengals, prior to returning to Pittsburgh.

He played seven seasons (1992-98) with the Steelers and started the first 110 games of his career, including the postseason. Perry signed with the San Diego Chargers in 1999 and rounded out his playing career in 2000 with the New Orleans Saints. He played in 139 games total. He started 13 postseason games, including Super Bowl XXX. He had a career total of 35 interceptions.

Perry played college football at Penn State where he established several school records, including 299 interception return yards and three interceptions for touchdowns.

Glenn
04-26-2007, 11:31 AM
Who is the pick going to be, Gutz?

Russell or Johnson?

Jethro34
04-26-2007, 07:03 PM
Either way I wish they would start negotiating and get a freaking deal done like Mario Williams and Alex Smith so we could get the official trade offers from other teams to start rolling in.

H1Man
04-26-2007, 07:14 PM
The Raiders did make a "lowbal" offer to Quinn.

But it's probably just a smokescreen to get someone to trade up (Tampa? Cleveland?).

Black Dynamite
04-26-2007, 10:32 PM
Who is the pick going to be, Gutz?

Russell or Johnson?
probably Russell. but Calvin Johnson ransom is very possible. Davis is very secretive(evident by him locking out his gm mike lombardi from draft discussions because of him being known to leak info), so anything is possible within these 3 choices.

1.)Draft Russell
2.) Draft Calvin Johnson
3.)Draft calvin johnson for trade purposes and nab quinn/russell at #4.

Glenn
04-27-2007, 09:24 AM
Well that narrows it down some.

Black Dynamite
04-27-2007, 09:36 AM
Well that narrows it down some.
thats the best you're gonna get out of Al Davis. Its a known fact that we purposely wait until the end of the draft clock to announce our selections too. So enjoy your suspense.:mccosky:

The questions are how much can we get for CJ? And is it worth more than Russell and CJ himself?

Glenn
04-27-2007, 11:26 AM
I'm starting to think that the Raiders may just take Johnson and then grab Edwards or more likely, Stanton, with their round 3 pick (#65).

Then they can trade Moss to the Packers.

Black Dynamite
04-27-2007, 03:55 PM
I'm starting to think that the Raiders may just take Johnson and then grab Edwards or more likely, Stanton, with their round 3 pick (#65).

Then they can trade Moss to the Packers.
Well yea, or keep Moss even(we've done crazier things. Fairly high potential for a super combo capable of making phenom catches on both sides. But Moss stays here if we dont draft CJ...

Its hard to tell though. we got this pick on hush hush lock down atm.

H1Man
04-27-2007, 05:49 PM
Rumor is that the Browns are offering Braylon Edwards and the 3rd overall pick for the Raiders #1 pick.

Jethro34
04-27-2007, 07:13 PM
Why would the Browns do that? Supposedly Browns brass really like Brady Quinn anyhow. So you trade your best WR for what, Russell? Or do they do it to get CJ, thinking he's that much better than Braylon? They sacrifice their top 3 pick for a possible upgrade? Then they still haven't addressed any other need.

H1Man
04-27-2007, 07:43 PM
Trade talks involving Randy Moss have picked up so much steam that it now is likely that the Pro Bowl wide receiver willl be traded before or during the NFL draft. Raiders head coach Lane Kiffin has been spearheading the talks and the belief around the league now is that is only a matter of time.

First, Raiders owner Al Davis must sign off on the near deal, and then the team trading for Moss must attempt to restructure his contract. Moss has two years and $20 million remaining on his contract.

Earlier this week, the Green Bay Packers held a meeting to debate the merits of trading for Moss. There were pros and cons, and any team willing to deal for Moss will face similar questions. But it now looks like a trade could come as early as Friday night and before Saturday's draft wraps up. http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story/10033511

Black Dynamite
04-27-2007, 08:42 PM
Man those rumors been flying for the past month. If we dont draft Johnson, I doubt we dump Moss. If we dump Moss w/o drafting CJ, I'll have to wonder if Al Davis is starting to lose his trade mojo.

Jethro34
04-27-2007, 08:47 PM
The Raiders are a mess.
As much as I want them to take Russell, THEY should be the ones trading down, not once but two or three times, and packaging troubled or disgruntled players with it. Commit to this young coach and clean house. He could probably get all 5 USC players in the draft (including the 2 WR allowing him to part with Moss and not have to take Johnson).
I mean, look at how bad they were. 29th in rushing YPG, 31 in passing YPG. Their defense was tops against the pass but 25th against the run.

So their shopping list is long for first day talent. They really need to end up with about 7 picks in the first 3 rounds, and I think they could easily do that with the right trades, and end up with:
2 WR
1 QB
2 OL
1 LB
1 DT
Then with another 4 or more picks on the 2nd day they could snag:
1 more OL
1 DE
1 more LB
1 TE

They could completely rework their line, add Smith and Jerrett to Curry as WR options, groom a QB like Beck from BYU for the future, add some run stoppers and a few other pieces and improve by a couple games. They still have a rough season but with a smart draft next year they're ready for Beck to start in, plus they have another 8-10 guys in that draft leaving maybe 35% of their existing roster intact.
Ok, so that plan didn't work for the Lions, but it could work for the Raiders - and would be much more effective than betting the farm on Russell or Johnson.

Glenn
04-29-2007, 06:30 AM
I'm starting to think that the Lions may just take Johnson and then grab Edwards or more likely, Stanton, with their round 3 pick (#65).

Glenn
04-26-2008, 02:29 PM
So the Raiders have Justin Fargas, LaMont Jordan, Dominic Rhodes, Michael Bush and now they are planning on taking McFadden?

I guess they must not have any bigger needs, good for them.

Gotta love Al Davis.

Black Dynamite
05-02-2008, 07:53 PM
2 WR
1 QB
2 OL
1 LB
1 DT
Then with another 4 or more picks on the 2nd day they could snag:
1 more OL
1 DE
1 more LB
1 TE

We already have two good TE's. Zach Miller is a beast low key.
We have Javon Walker and Drew Carter at WR with Curry. That'll be fine for now.
We are set at QB. May bring in a vet for safety net. But otherwise set.
We have plenty of DT's, just need to get better NT Play and Kelly will probably improve our Run Defense. The reality is that Sapp isnt that great a run defender. I agree that a De woulda been nice. OL is set. Its the system that works, the O-Line we had was good enough to block us into a top 5 rushing offense. Woulda been nice to get a for sure Strong Side LB. But we're average at that spot, hopefully thats enough. Either way our draft kinda sucked.

With that said Mcfadden is a perfect fit for our scheme. My only worry is whether the defense keeps up.

So the Raiders have Justin Fargas, LaMont Jordan, Dominic Rhodes, Michael Bush and now they are planning on taking McFadden?
Rhodes is out and hopefully Jordan will soon follow. I dont like the pick, but I cant deny that its not a bad perk to add McFadden.

Wilfredo Ledezma
05-05-2008, 03:18 PM
Did they re-sign Asomugha? I love that guy. Pair him w/ DeAngelo and thats easily the best corner tandem in the NFL...

Timone
08-09-2008, 10:19 AM
Go Raiders!! My dudes are on the rise.

Timone
08-09-2008, 10:21 AM
Oh, and fuck Denver. Or should I say DONEver?

Black Dynamite
08-16-2008, 10:03 AM
Darren McFadden + Michael Bush= Potent.

Also Chris Johnson of the titans almost(i repeat almost) reminds me of the Lions #20. But he's nowhere near as good the tackle breaker. But his speed and cuts are amazingly solid.

How's that tackle the Lions drafted over him doing?

MoTown
08-16-2008, 12:35 PM
Hey Gutz, is Russell going to be starting this year? I haven't been paying much attention to the NFL, but what's their QB situation look like? And has he looked good in preseason?

Black Dynamite
08-16-2008, 12:49 PM
Hey Gutz, is Russell going to be starting this year? I haven't been paying much attention to the NFL, but what's their QB situation look like? And has he looked good in preseason?
Yea he's starting, Al Davis would kill Kiffin if he wasn't. Russell is the starter and Walter is his backup. The team officially is his to QB.

He's looked ok. Arm is the reincarnation of brett favre heat wise. His WR's have been crappy unfortunately. But Zach Miller has been a beast and should get 80+ catches this year. Though he's not a runner his ability to evade the rush has been top notch and he's going to make alot of plays in and out of the pocket. So to answer you're question there is no situation at the moment. Russell is starting win lose or draw barring injury?~knocks on wood~.

Glenn
08-16-2008, 02:30 PM
We need the annual "who wins more games, the Lions or Raiders?" thread.

It's going to be close again.

Black Dynamite
08-16-2008, 05:13 PM
We need the annual "who wins more games, the Lions or Raiders?" thread.

It's going to be close again.
Don't know about that. You guys kinda regressed and have new coordinators to learn from(again?). There's a lil' bit more settled element in Oakland with a year worth of everything in place. While I dont know if we are a playoff team yet, we are better than the lions.

Vinny
08-17-2008, 01:48 PM
Don't know about that. You guys kinda regressed and have new coordinators to learn from(again?). There's a lil' bit more settled element in Oakland with a year worth of everything in place. While I dont know if we are a playoff team yet, we are better than the lions.

Come on, the Lions suck but you're eating a little bit of the cornbread here for the Raiders I think. Football's still won in the trenches and I just don't know if either team has enough talent on the lines to win many games.

Glenn
08-17-2008, 02:46 PM
Vegas has 6.5 wins for the Lions and 6.0 for the Raiders.

With all of the Raider fans out there putting $ on the over, I would guess that a "real" number might be more like 5.0 or 5.5 wins.

MoTown
08-17-2008, 04:31 PM
Plus, no offense, but weren't you saying the Raiders were going to be good 2 years ago when Art Shell was the coach again? Or was that just Anthony?

Either way, I think the Raiders are headed in the right direction, and the Lions don't know how to find the right direction.

Black Dynamite
08-17-2008, 06:43 PM
Come on, the Lions suck but you're eating a little bit of the cornbread here for the Raiders I think. Football's still won in the trenches and I just don't know if either team has enough talent on the lines to win many games.
More than the lions up front. W/o Shaun rogers your d-line is fairly weak imo even compared to ours.

Black Dynamite
09-08-2008, 11:54 PM
Our d-line may not be as bad, but our DC is garbage so it doesnt matter, will be a rough year because of that.

Black Dynamite
09-09-2008, 01:52 AM
Anybody want a nutty DC who coaches vanilla schemes at the request of the owner? :emo kid:

WTFchris
09-09-2008, 11:17 AM
Well, I'm sure my city is pretty happy to get a good win without Marshall. The Raiders suck though, so nothing to celebrate.

However, Cutler looks very good. Yet another reason to hate Millen.

Black Dynamite
09-13-2008, 09:58 PM
Well, I'm sure my city is pretty happy to get a good win without Marshall. The Raiders suck though, so nothing to celebrate.

However, Cutler looks very good. Yet another reason to hate Millen.
Ryan sucks, he single handedly lost that game with his soft no blitz scheme.

Glenn
09-22-2008, 10:10 AM
Sources: Raiders coach Kiffin to be fired as early as Monday
ESPN.com news services
Updated: September 22, 2008, 10:04 AM ET

Allowing 17 points in the final eight minutes of a 24-23 loss to the Bills might prove the final straw for Al Davis.

Sources told ESPN's Chris Mortensen on Sunday that the Oakland Raiders owner intends to fire coach Lane Kiffin as early as Monday. Team officials have told the coach of the impending move.

Foxsports.com first reported that Kiffin will be fired.

When asked after Sunday's defeat if he was worried about his job, Kiffin replied: "I don't even think about that."

Reports surfaced in the Contra Costa Times last week that Davis wanted to fire his coach because he was upset about a string of critical comments Davis viewed as a form of insubordination.

"There are certain things I can control, there's certain things I can't," Kiffin said last week. "This happens to be the next one. He has a decision to make. It does me no good to worry about it right now."

The questions about Kiffin's status have been lingering over the organization since January, when the coach and owner were at odds over the defensive coordinator in a dispute that led to Davis sending Kiffin a letter of resignation to sign.

The feud has simmered ever since Davis overruled Kiffin and kept defensive coordinator Rob Ryan on staff. Kiffin has been publicly critical of personnel moves since then, distancing himself from moves he felt were made by the owner. Kiffin admitted last week he probably could have handled his relationship with management better.

He acknowledges it's not easy to do his work amid all the reports about his job security but was proud of how his team has stayed focused.

"I don't think it helps. But like I said, I can't do anything about it," Kiffin said. "So all I can do is try to get our coaching staff to stay together in this type of situation, our players to stay together, and they did it last week [in a win over the Chiefs]. Our players did a great job in not allowing it to be a distraction for them."

Glenn
09-22-2008, 10:14 AM
We were watching ESPNNEWS last night and they were showing Kiffin's postagme presser.

My wife made an observation that I challenge anyone here to disprove:
It's impossible to avoid looking like a douche when wearing a visor.

I'm guessing that James Lofton will take over and won't do any better than anyone else that has tried working for Al Davis over the past few years.

MoTown
09-22-2008, 10:20 AM
I will admit, I don't really pay too much attention to the Raiders. Why is Kiffin's job on the line after one year? I know Davis is a dick, but is it as simple as that? It doesn't seem like he's been doing that poorly of a job, and might be a pretty good coach in the future.

Gutz?

Glenn
09-22-2008, 10:24 AM
Mo,

Just curious, do you own a visor?

Thanks in advance.

MoTown
09-22-2008, 10:29 AM
Glenn,

Yes. But I only wear it when I feel like looking like a douchebag. And Friday is douchebag day.

-Mo

Fool
09-22-2008, 10:38 AM
My wife made an observation that I challenge anyone here to disprove:
It's impossible to avoid looking like a douche when wearing a visor.

Women.

Old people.

Dogs playing poker.

Hockey players (http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q124/cdnuniguy/Blog%20Stuff/yzermaninjury.jpg)

Glenn
09-22-2008, 10:41 AM
Women. THEY USE DOUCHES

Old people. ALWAYS DOUCHELIKE

Dog's playing poker. CAN'T ARGUE THIS ONE

Hockey players (http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q124/cdnuniguy/Blog%20Stuff/yzermaninjury.jpg) MULLET WEARING DOUCHES

Zekyl
09-22-2008, 11:23 AM
Did you just call Steve Yzerman a mullet wearing douche? FOR SHAME!

Black Dynamite
09-26-2008, 05:35 PM
I will admit, I don't really pay too much attention to the Raiders. Why is Kiffin's job on the line after one year? I know Davis is a dick, but is it as simple as that? It doesn't seem like he's been doing that poorly of a job, and might be a pretty good coach in the future.

Gutz?
Its not as simple as that, but its simple enough in that Davis hates to be overshadowed and challenged in the open(he shitcanned marcus allen to hell on the bench when he held out of camp way back and neither him or allen have been cool since). Kiffin has challenged him all year in the press, but mainly because he's been ignoring Kiffin after their dispute in the offseason. My issue is that Kiffin was right in his complaints, we did need more depth to challenge lazy starters, we did need more blitzing against Dungver, and we did need to let Rob Ryan go. What you notice about all these complaints, they were for the betterment of the team, which Davis makes secondary to feeling like he is right(Kinda partially why he fell out with Gruden).

So yea Kiffin is a coach with a future, no he doesnt have probably one in oakland, Yes Lofton is a bad replacement, Yes Ryan is a bad replacement, No i can't tell you how this craziness ends, But we are tied for second place in the division with the team we play sunday, and winning cures alot. Especially divisional winning which is really important in the AFC West.

Tahoe
10-02-2008, 10:08 PM
Thanks to Al, he removed the Lions in the top spot of the LOL Challenge...for this week anyway.

Black Dynamite
10-04-2008, 08:56 PM
Dont know about that, the crazy old pathetic tea bagging fart was at least smart enough to keep the same staff around with cable in charge, so we'll still be able to run the ball like nobody's business.

Tahoe
10-04-2008, 09:08 PM
I would have hired DirecTV, even Dish before him.

Glenn
11-05-2008, 04:34 PM
Now I know why Gutz seems pissy today.

What gives? Raiders cut highly paid corner Hall
By John Clayton
ESPN.com
Updated: November 5, 2008, 4:10 PM ET

Raiders cornerback DeAngelo Hall was the first player released by team owner Al Davis on Wednesday, a move expected to trigger a major shakeup of Oakland's roster.

Angered by the Raiders' 2-6 start, Davis asked his front-office staff to explore the possibility of releasing several players. By releasing Hall, who was acquired from Atlanta before this season, the Raiders are washing their hands of a seven-year, $72 million contract after only eight games.

Hall was paid $8 million for eight games; he received a $7 million signing bonus and a $1 million base salary. Because he's a vested veteran, his $1 million salary is guaranteed. Atlanta received second- and fifth-round draft picks in the trade with Atlanta.

According to a source, the Raiders asked Hall if he would consider restructuring his contract. Hall declined, and then was notified of his release. Oakland is expected to make an announcement prior to practice Wednesday.

Black Dynamite
11-05-2008, 04:40 PM
Actually this is good news. I wasnt a fan of the guy. Hopefully the Lions snatch him up.

Wilfredo Ledezma
11-06-2008, 08:29 AM
Word on RotoWorld is that Jim Harbaugh is "by far" the favorite to land the Raiders head coaching job. Apparently he is very good friends with Al Davis.

I'm not sure he's got enough polish to be ready for the NFL, but he had more than Lane Kiffin when he got hired.

We'll see, I don't think Tom Cable will get the interim tag removed. He's as good as gone.

Black Dynamite
11-06-2008, 08:57 AM
Tom Cable had no chance. He's not a HC. Harbaugh probably wont happen, but it would be the best case scenario with Jamarcus needing someone to get his growth up and running again.

Glenn
12-01-2008, 03:04 PM
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/210/458318172_ea31009a10.jpg?v=0

Fool
12-01-2008, 03:18 PM
Is that your wife or something?

If so, how about a :srt4b: arrangement.

Glenn
12-01-2008, 04:20 PM
Sorry, I don't know her.

Although I wouldn't mind "knowing" her, in a Biblical sense.

DennyMcLain
12-02-2008, 10:12 AM
Why does this thread exist?

Glenn
12-02-2008, 10:14 AM
Because someone cried about the existence of a Steelers thread.

Glenn
04-19-2009, 02:52 PM
Madden to return to the Raiders? (http://www.yahoo.com/s/1060158)

Tahoe
04-19-2009, 02:56 PM
If Madden would return, I'd hold out for part ownership if I were him.

Glenn
08-21-2009, 09:08 AM
Cable told Hanson he'd kill him http://bit.ly/Yztha

Time to freshen up this thread.

Black Dynamite
08-21-2009, 09:32 AM
The source said that Hanson did not cooperate with law enforcement from the start because it was his hope the matter would be resolved and he could return to his role as a coach. The source said Hanson's lifelong goal was to work for the Raiders, leading him to leave a position he held in St. Louis for Oakland. Now that Al Davis and Cable have made it clear that will not happen, Hanson has decided to follow the request of police and aid in their investigation. A civil suit is a probability, a source said.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/morning-jolt/08/21/friday.jolt/index.html?eref=twitter#ixzz0Op94LFTw

Sounds like he said "move me up or i'll shitstorm with the cops". While I'm sure there's some truth to there being an altercation. I smell some cherries being added on top now that he is feeling scorned. This is the same fucker who Kiffin wanted checked out mentally after his psycho fit following the Bronco loss last year.

Glenn
08-21-2009, 12:42 PM
Has an active NFL coach ever been arrested for a felony?

I remember Switzer had a gun charge, but this could be groundbreaking stuff here.

Glenn
10-05-2009, 04:46 PM
re: Tom Cable

arrest could come anytime (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=jc-cablepolice100409&prov=yhoo&type=lgns)

Tahoe
10-05-2009, 05:52 PM
Can't even get into a good old fashioned fight anymore? Assuming both sides were willing.

WTFchris
10-05-2009, 06:09 PM
If only their running game had some fight in it.

Glenn
12-03-2009, 08:38 AM
http://a323.yahoofs.com/ymg/ept_sports_fantasy_experts__22/ept_sports_fantasy_experts-186736635-1259762794.jpg?ymqhATCDCgDhor0n

WTFchris
12-03-2009, 05:37 PM
we really should be thanking the Raiders, Browns and Chiefs. Without them Detroit would be the lone laughing stock of the league.

Timone
12-07-2009, 11:25 AM
So if Gradkowski keeps playing like he has been, what becomes of Russell? Lots of money invested in the guy and I don't think he has what it takes to turn it around like Vince Young did.

Black Dynamite
12-07-2009, 11:33 AM
So if Gradkowski keeps playing like he has been, what becomes of Russell? Lots of money invested in the guy and I don't think he has what it takes to turn it around like Vince Young has.
VY turned nothing around, he wasn't a vet. It's called learning, Russell hasn't to earn a job yet in his very short career, now maybe he will have to, and that alone can breed better results or clearer answers at least. But no, the Raiders aren't dropping Russell anytime soon because he was such a big investment. I'm not that worried abut Russell as long as they hold him more accountable. I am worried bout that shit piece track star wr we drafted Heyward Bey. The WR looked practically amazing w/o him out there.

Black Dynamite
12-07-2009, 11:52 AM
http://a323.yahoofs.com/ymg/ept_sports_fantasy_experts__22/ept_sports_fantasy_experts-186736635-1259762794.jpg?ymqhATCDCgDhor0n
Bleh, you suck at this, let me help your sorry ass out. :)

http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/8779/turksig.jpg

http://i.tsn.com/i/photos/20090818/121687.gif
http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj18/LonemanX/al-davis-demotivational-poster-1249.jpg
http://images.icanhascheezburger.com/completestore/2008/11/24/128720635063654113.jpg
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_5_CMp7GU1wY/SqZJ5d2XgJI/AAAAAAAADSA/SPZ3Ct4NY5A/s400/al_davis_crypt_keeper_618_2.jpg
http://images.icanhascheezburger.com/completestore/2008/10/1/128673375844792335.jpg

Timone
12-07-2009, 11:57 AM
Al Davis should've died like 20 years ago. I'm convinced the man is Satan.

WTFchris
12-07-2009, 01:49 PM
At least they helped the Lions draft position!

Tahoe
01-04-2010, 05:18 PM
Fire Cable hire Leach?

Glenn
01-04-2010, 05:27 PM
Why not?

One abuses women and one abuses kids.

DennyMcLain
01-04-2010, 05:51 PM
Fire Cable hire Leach?

That's the rumor right now.

Also...

http://www.thorninpaw.com/u/htdocs/thorni/image/burger-king.jpg

Tahoe
01-04-2010, 06:20 PM
That's the rumor right now.

Also...

http://www.thorninpaw.com/u/htdocs/thorni/image/burger-king.jpg

I started the rumor...

also, nice cupholder.

Tahoe
01-04-2010, 07:41 PM
Also, I'm thinking the players would be the ones locking coaches in dark rooms.

UxKa
01-04-2010, 10:59 PM
LOL

My work in this thread is done.

Black Dynamite
01-05-2010, 12:58 AM
Why not?

One abuses women and one abuses kids.
Apparently he likes abusing steelers too. He's a pretty Evil bastard.

Black Dynamite
01-05-2010, 09:37 AM
Man this thread was as quiet as a mouse on Glin's part the Shittsburgh vs Oakland week. But being the classy guy he is, no hesitation to pop up in here after a loss and potential coaching fire.

Glenn
01-05-2010, 09:48 AM
Your favorite franchise is a league-wide joke, but you blame me, lol.

And then to top it off, you attempt to rip possibly the most respected and successful pro football franchise from your outhouse?

You got issues, bud.

Black Dynamite
01-15-2010, 02:35 PM

And then to top it off, you attempt to rip possibly the most respected and successful pro football franchise from your outhouse?

You got issues, bud.
I didn't "attempt" to rip on anything, I called the chokers what they are. Your team has to sip the same "no playoffs" pina colada as the rest of them. And again your sarcastic ass was still a quiet pussy when we trashed Shittsburgh.

Glin I know you're not a dumbass, yet you continuous come to these dumbass conclusions. Blame you? Really? Good luck believing That i'd think you in all your team switching glory to be relevant to anything raiders or NFL for that matter. No I don't blame you. My motive was to point out your selective trash talking. I did that, you don't get anything more elaborate than that.

Glenn
01-15-2010, 03:26 PM
And again your sarcastic ass was still a quiet pussy when we trashed Shittsburgh.

"we", lol

First off, typically it's a struggle for me to even comprehend what you are trying to say.

Secondly, any weak attempt that you, as a Raiders fan, try to make to trash the Pittsburgh Steelers cannot even be taken seriously enough to warrant a response.

Glenn
01-20-2010, 07:39 AM
heck, even Oakland gets calls about its head coaching job

Black Dynamite
01-21-2010, 08:19 AM
First off, typically it's a struggle for me to even comprehend what you are trying to say.
Maybe because you do more typing than reading.

Secondly, any weak attempt that you, as a Raiders fan, try to make to trash the Pittsburgh Steelers cannot even be taken seriously enough to warrant a response.
AKA, you don't have a comeback since your sorry ass wasn't here when the Squeelers got ripped by the Raiders, cool. :)

Glenn
01-21-2010, 08:21 AM
AKA, you don't have a comeback since your sorry ass wasn't here when the Squeelers got ripped by the Raiders, cool. :)
One bad team beat another in a regular season game. It happens every week. I know you need "little victories" when you can get them, so I'm glad you are still enjoying that BIG win.

Black Dynamite
01-21-2010, 08:24 AM
Yea, the Bills talking shit isn't something i could really be bothered by. I'm glad they are the better job if it means them getting Chan Gailey fresh off of being fired by the amazing Chiefs. Dude using the Raiders as a stepping stone to justify a shitty hire, fine by me.

Black Dynamite
01-21-2010, 08:28 AM
One bad team beat another in a regular season game. It happens every week. I know you need "little victories" when you can get them, so I'm glad you are still enjoying that BIG win.
I'm enjoying your dodge and deflect more than anything. Your team needed the victory more than ours. But more so the reality is that you were a punk when they lost, and now apparently are the biggest shit talker after the season is over with both teams riding the pine. Again you prefer typing over reading, so type a response ignoring all this again. :)

Glenn
01-21-2010, 08:31 AM
I don't know what you want me to say other than what I just did. One bad team beat another, big whoop.

Enjoy your new coach, I hope that he enjoys the coaching staff that Al picks out for him.

I hope you get a top-notch candidate, like Marc Trestman.

Black Dynamite
01-21-2010, 08:41 AM
I don't know what you want me to say other than what I just did. One bad team beat another, big whoop.

Enjoy your new coach, I hope that he enjoys the coaching staff that Al picks out for him.

I hope you get a top-notch candidate, like Marc Trestman.
I'd take him, Fassel, Harbaugh, and Leach over Gailey.

Don't remember asking you to say anything. Again typing w/o reading.

WTFchris
01-21-2010, 09:15 AM
Harbaugh said he wasn't interested. Smart move. He can get a coaching gig at a major college program pretty soon. That's better than an NFL team in complete dissaray.

Glenn
01-21-2010, 10:25 AM
Again typing w/o reading.

Just because you keep saying something over and over again doesn't make it true.

Black Dynamite
01-21-2010, 09:33 PM
Just because you keep saying something over and over again doesn't make it true.
Though it is regardless.

Black Dynamite
01-21-2010, 09:50 PM
Harbaugh said he wasn't interested. Smart move. He can get a coaching gig at a major college program pretty soon. That's better than an NFL team in complete dissaray.
He turned down the Bills too and who knows who else. Of course who knows what he's doing if we are hopping on rumor mills. Latest one is that he has visited and discussed a contract in the realm of with the team in disarray. But who knows outside of Harbaugh? You live by the rumor mill, then it can call you a lying fool the next day as it waffles into something else.

Reports persist of Raiders interest in Jim Harbaugh

Posted by Mike Florio on January 21, 2010 9:44 AM ET

As the Raiders deny that they have commenced the process of interviewing potential replacements for head coach Tom Cable, reports continue to persist that the Raiders are exploring possible upgrades.

Adam Schefter of ESPN hasn't backed off his claims that the Raiders gauged the interest of Stanford coach Jim Harbaugh. Jason La Canfora of NFL Network says that the Raiders have made overtures to Harbaugh via the "back channels."

And Bay Area media guy Rich Lieberman insists that Harbaugh has met with Davis, and Lieberman suggests that a four-year, $20 million offer could get the deal done.

So stay tuned. Though Cable might survive, there are plenty of people who think that one of the factors will be whether they can get the replacement that they want.

Possibly, they want Harbaugh.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/01/21/reports-persist-of-raiders-interest-in-jim-harbaugh/

Timone
04-19-2014, 01:12 PM
The T-Pry era is over.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NoOhnrjdYOc

Tahoe
08-13-2014, 05:07 PM
I get the game LIVE again this week. I never get preseason games live, but got last weeks and this weeks game live.

NTAGAS

Timone
08-15-2014, 09:05 PM
Going to watch a little bit of Chargers/My Seahawks.

Tahoe
08-15-2014, 09:09 PM
That hurts a lil bit.

Timone
08-15-2014, 10:02 PM
I don't know who this bald (white) dipshit on the commentary team is, but I already don't like him.

MikeMyers
09-28-2014, 09:41 PM
They may go 0-16

Tahoe
09-28-2014, 11:41 PM
And then the fans will say they're going to the SB next year. Cuz they drafted a new guard or some shit like that.

Tahoe
09-28-2014, 11:41 PM
Seriously worse than the Kool-Aid drinking Lions fans.

Glenn
11-08-2014, 04:32 PM
Looks like they could be DONE.

Timone
03-17-2015, 04:26 PM
Trent Richardson is awful.

Timone
03-17-2015, 04:56 PM
Trent Richardson is awful.

HOW MANY COVERS OF MADDEN ARE YOU ON?

Timone
03-17-2015, 04:57 PM
That was Peyton Hillis, another crappy former Brown. Ha! Oops.

Timone
09-27-2015, 06:32 PM
LOL @ YOU!!!

Timone
11-07-2016, 10:07 AM
WE'RE BACK

Glenn
11-07-2016, 10:55 AM
Always knew that if they were given enough time that the Davis family would turn this around.

Timone
11-07-2016, 11:12 AM
Going to be a really short time before Black Dynamite shows his face around here again.

Glenn
11-07-2016, 11:31 AM
^ Armchair GM

Glenn
03-27-2017, 03:39 PM
VEGAS

Vinny
03-27-2017, 04:08 PM
WHO'S LAUGHING NOW?

Glenn
03-27-2017, 04:24 PM
SHITSBURGH!!!