WTFDetroit.com

View Full Version : The internet's best Michael Vick thread

JS
01-18-2007, 05:58 AM
ATLANTA (AP) - Michael Vick reluctantly surrendered a water bottle to security at Miami International Airport that contained a residue "closely associated with marijuana," police said Wednesday.

The Atlanta Falcons' quarterback entered a concourse Wednesday morning at the airport with the 20-ounce bottle. He eventually handed it over and boarded his flight to Atlanta. But his initial reluctance to turn over the bottle aroused suspicion among airport security screeners, a police report said.

The bottle was found to have a hidden compartment that contained "a small amount of dark particulate and a pungent aroma closely associated with marijuana," the report said. The compartment was hidden by the bottle's label so that it appeared to be a full bottle of water when held upright, police said.

No charges have been filed, but police said the bottle would be sent to a lab for analysis.

Vick did not immediately return a phone call early Thursday.

"We plan to look into the matter and discuss it with Michael Vick before having any further comment," Falcons spokesman Reggie Roberts said.

http://wtfdetroit.com/forums/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=51

Zip Goshboots
01-18-2007, 09:30 AM
Now I'm not against a guy smoking a little pot every now and then, but trying to get on a plane with it? Don't tell me Ron Mexico can't have some waiting for him when he gets to wherever it is he's going.
Too bad 100 million dollar contracts can't buy you a brain.

Black Dynamite
01-18-2007, 10:10 AM
stupid. just get the location of every weed spot in every area code you travel to. Leave the smuggling to the pros. you dont see smugglers trying to try out for the Atlanta falcons damnit.

Tahoe
01-23-2007, 01:59 PM
As of today...no charges to be filed. "Lab tests show no evidence of any drugs" according to ESPN

Black Dynamite
01-28-2007, 03:05 PM
As of today...no charges to be filed. "Lab tests show no evidence of any drugs" according to ESPN
Translation-He finally signed those autographs we asked for. Hopefully he'll do it sooner so we dont have to pretend to be serious about locking up people with good money more than a couple days.

b-diddy
01-30-2007, 07:32 PM
more like they found where he usually hides his drugs, but sans the drugs this time. gotta actually CLEAN it though, if you want to get through an airport (or a traffic stop) safely.

Glenn
04-26-2007, 11:38 AM
http://www.nbc29.com/Global/story.asp?S=6430445&nav=menu496_2_5

Police Search Home Owned by Michael Vick

Reported by WAVY TV 10 (Norfolk)
April 26, 2007

A search warrant has been issued for a property in Surry County owned by NFL star Michael Vick.

Vick does not live at the home. It is inhabited by Vick's nephew. Police said Vick does not spend much time on the property.

The search warrant was granted by the Surry County Circuit Court. A state task force went to the property searching for a person that they believed may be on the property, but the person was not Vick. Investigators would not reveal the name of the person they were searching for.

While investigators were at the property, they discovered three buildings behind the home that housed several barking dogs.

"When they had a chance to go to the site, they discovered animal neglect," Surry County Administrator Tyrone Franklin.

Franklin said that the dogs appeared to be hungry and forgotten.

Both state and county investigators were searching the property Wednesday afternoon. Several animal control trucks were also on the scene and dog barking was audible.

No further information about the warrant has been released at this time. More information will be available after the investigation is complete.

Glenn
04-26-2007, 11:41 AM
This article has more info, 50 dogs?

Investigators search property owned by Vick
Report: Home is inhabited by QB's nephew

By STEVE WYCHE
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Published on: 04/26/07

Property in Virginia owned by Falcons quarterback Michael Vick was searched by police and animal control officers Wednesday, according to two Virginia television stations. The stations reported that animal neglect and possible illegal activity was discovered at the property.

According to WAVY-TV, a search warrant was granted in Surry County Circuit Court. A state task force went to the property searching for a person believed to be on the property, but not Vick. According to the reports, Vick does not live at the property. While investigators were on the scene, they discovered three buildings that housed several barking dogs.

"When they had a chance to go to the site, they discovered animal neglect," Surry County Administrator Tyrone Franklin told WAVY-TV. The dogs appeared to be hungry and forgotten according to Franklin.

Franklin told television station FOX 43 that the property "does give the appearance of some activity, illegal activity." The TV report added that a nephew of Vick's lives at the property.

No further information about the search warrant was released. When contacted by the Atlanta Journal-Constitution on Thursday, a spokesperson for the Surry County Sheriff's Department said the deputy in charge of the case was currently at the site and could not be reached for comment.

The ABC news affiliate in Norfolk, Va., WVEC, reported Thursday morning that State Police officers found as many as 50 dogs "suffering from neglect" at the home. According to WVEC.com, "Officers from the Meherrin Drug Task Force also were on the scene. It's a multi-jurisdictionall task force to investigate major drug trafficking."

b-diddy
07-17-2007, 07:31 PM
he should be out of the league. no doubt in my mind. executing dogs by electrocution? hanging? slamming it against the ground?

i dont need to see him ever play again.

Tahoe
07-17-2007, 08:33 PM
That's disgusting.

detroitsportscity
07-17-2007, 10:11 PM
I want to see him play one game. And watch the Oline betray that sick bitch and have Vick getting blasted by a 330 pound DT 18 times on national TV.

Then put him in a pound-you-in-the-ass prison for as long as can be allowed.

Jethro34
07-17-2007, 10:17 PM
Wow. Roger Goodell just might make Joey Harrington a starting QB again. That Shaub trade isn't looking too hot right about now.

Cross
07-17-2007, 10:27 PM
Oh what the hell.

I always thought Vick was the QB of the future, kinda like the next LeBron hype...

Tahoe
07-17-2007, 10:45 PM
Cross this story could go under your 'there are some fucked up peeps in this world. I read the first couple lines of that story and clicked away.

edit...btw who was it that said, 'who cares? Its his dogs.

Fool
07-18-2007, 07:46 AM
Portis.

Big Swami
07-18-2007, 08:27 AM
I hope all the commentators and writers who slobbed his knob for the past few years are shutting up now. I swear to God, it was as bad as it is with Lebron.

WTFchris
07-18-2007, 08:33 AM
I'm not a Vick fan, but you guys are getting a little ahead of yourselves. Let the indictment play out. Remember the Duke Lacross team? Everyone ripped them to shreds and they were found to be not guilty.

He could be truly guilty, but we don't know it yet.

Big Swami
07-18-2007, 08:35 AM
Well whether or not he's convicted, he's been indicted on federal charges. There are certain facts here that are not in dispute, and they're bad enough to really ruin his image.

WTFchris
07-18-2007, 08:39 AM
I agree. Just the mere fact that he's indicted means his image is fair game.

I'm just saying the comments about kicking him out of the league, and taking it up the ass in prison are a little premature.

Roast his image all you want, just don't assume he's guilty.

b-diddy
07-18-2007, 08:58 AM
In interviews I conducted for an earlier story on the subculture of dogfighting and Vick's involvement, several experts described to me the process of "rolling" dogs. Owners take young dogs, usually puppies, and put them in an enclosed area and see how they react. They prod the dogs and urge them to get angry. If a dog shows aggression toward another dog, that's a positive. If a dog is timid, it is useless. Some fighters give away puppies that don't show the required "gameness." Other owners don't bother with the trouble of finding them a home and simply kill them.

Vick and his three associates, according to the indictment, fall in the latter category. Federal investigators allege that Vick is a murderer of dogs who weren't willing to fight for his enjoyment. Even worse, his actions appear more sinister than most professional dogfighters.

"If you want to kill a dog, why exert the energy to slam him into the ground or drown him? Why not just shoot him, which is the most common method?" says John Goodwin, dogfighting expert for the Humane Society of the United States. "That is insane. These guys, if they did that, have serious problems."

usually i'd agree with you chris, but i think its pretty evident that he is guilty, even if only by association, of some pretty god awful stuff. i dont need the courts to tell me whether this guilt is beyond a reasonable doubt.

i will be truly disgusted if the nfl lets him ever play again.

i was watching nfl tonight last night and the discussion revolved around the idea that roger goodell's system is geared towards repeat offenders, so vick not being a repeat offender coudl get away with this. WTF? one of the most common traits to sociopaths is torturing animals. vick belongs in jail, not in the nfl being a role model to millions of kids.

if he plays again i'll be actively rooting for the hit that ends his career. even if its in some marginal small time league.

b-diddy
07-18-2007, 09:26 AM
or better yet, every time michael vick loses a game we should hang him. that seems fair.

and i wonder how clinton portis feels about slavery. how a reporter didnt throw that back in his face is beyond me.

Oakwiz
07-18-2007, 09:39 AM
I hope he gets whatever the maximum penalty is if he is guilty. If he truly participated in what has been alleged... He is a twisted, sick, demented ****!!!!!!!

Jethro34
07-18-2007, 11:28 AM
I say we electricute him, then we slam him to the ground, then we hang him.

(voice from the back) "I say we let him go"

Then he gets up on the bar and dances to Tequila and his biker friends wish him well.
http://www.tvsquad.com/media/2006/06/pcPWH.jpg

Fool
07-18-2007, 02:53 PM
Wow. I can't believe Jethro got me to laugh in this thread.

Big Swami
07-18-2007, 03:24 PM
Wow. I can't believe Jethro got me to laugh in this thread.

Timone
07-18-2007, 03:41 PM
I never was a fan of Vick as a player to begin with, but now I've got reasons to hate the actual man. If of course this is true.

Jethro34
07-18-2007, 03:56 PM
Ok, back to being serious.

I saw Roger Cosack on ESPN saying it would likely be a year or more before anything ever actually went down with this. WTF is wrong with our legal system?
Stoney and Wojo were talking about this compared to Kobe. Ok, with Kobe there was the argument that the sex was consentual. I can see that, even if most people don't believe it.
But this sort of thing, do they or do they not have a butt load of evidence including dead dogs, testimonies, and documents of ownership? If so, do NOT take your time. Bust his ass and put justice to work.

Meanwhile, I've seen people talking about Goodell likely going easy on him because he's all about nailing repeat offenders.
They must be talking about repeating the exact same crime, because clearly picking up a hooker under the name Ron Mexico and taking drugs to the airport in your water bottle don't win you a Nobel Prize. This cat IS a repeat offender with no respect for the law and the league should act quickly if they don't want to be the laughing stock of sports.

Glenn
07-18-2007, 04:07 PM
Looking at this purely from a sports perspective, which is the only way I can look at it because the reality of these deeds is too disgusting, I wonder how the Falcons fans are reacting to this?

More specifically, I wonder how many season ticket holders have called their offices and threatened to cancel?

We've all probably heard a lot of talking heads go on and on about how Arthur Blank is such a "man of conscience". If that is indeed true, I expect that that the minute that anything definitive comes out of this (an admission, for example), that they cut Vick immediately.

That has horrible "football" implications (re: cap hit and Joey being, well, Joey) but the alternative could really devastate this franchise (trying to make it work, holding onto him too long, etc).

Blank is in a terrible position. A portion of the public will want action NOW, but he really can't cut him now, until he's found guilty of the crimes (or, as I mentioned, he admits involvement).

One possibility would be to suspend him from the team with pay until this all plays out. He really can't take his pay without a verdict, IMO. That route allows them to keep him away from the team because of the "legal distraction".

While they can't say so publicly, I'm willing to bet that Blank knows that Vick has played his last game for the Falcons.

b-diddy
07-18-2007, 04:07 PM
Meanwhile, I've seen people talking about Goodell likely going easy on him because he's all about nailing repeat offenders.
They must be talking about repeating the exact same crime, because clearly picking up a hooker under the name Ron Mexico and taking drugs to the airport in your water bottle don't win you a Nobel Prize. This cat IS a repeat offender with no respect for the law and the league should act quickly if they don't want to be the laughing stock of sports.

right. in one article i read it referred to ron as having a "relatively clean" rap sheet. huh? exactly how bad is the nfl if vick is relatively clean?

delays in the legal process aside, its a tough spot for falcons to be. the legue really cant do anything until the courts rule, the falcons cant cut because he makes way to much $ to be at all practical. their only option i guess is to ask him to take a leave of abscense till this is settled. which i think is what will happen. i gotta believe that it would be a PR nightmare for the league for vick to play next year.

b-diddy
07-18-2007, 04:12 PM
like charles bakley said, theyre not role models. whether they should be or not is something else.

but to me there is a huge gap between the normal thuggish crimes that are the norm, which i attribute to immaturity and maybe just not being a good person, and even kobe being accused of rape, to this. michael vick is a sociopath. if i were a parent no way would i let my kids cheer for this guy. atleast not until he's paid his dues, recieved counselling, and has shown genuine remorse for his acts.

Glenn
07-18-2007, 04:14 PM
Gotcha b-d.

That has horrible "football" implications (re: cap hit and Joey being, well, Joey) but the alternative could really devastate this franchise (trying to make it work, holding onto him too long, etc).

And before Fool the grammar cop points this out, I meant "i.e." and used "re:" in error.

Glenn
07-18-2007, 04:16 PM
but to me there is a huge gap between the normal thuggish crimes that are the norm, which i attribute to immaturity and maybe just not being a good person, and even kobe being accused of rape, to this. michael vick is a sociopath. if i were a parent no way would i let my kids cheer for this guy. atleast not until he's paid his dues, recieved counselling, and has shown genuine remorse for his acts.

How many people do you think are rocking that #7 jersey today in Atlanta?

I'd be publicly burning mine if I had one (I'm not a fan).

I'm trying to imagine how I would feel if this was a player on my favorite team (Pistons, for example).

The mere fact that he even associates with these kind of people is enough that I, as a fan, would never want him to play for my team again.

Timone
07-18-2007, 04:45 PM
Now Falcons fans know how I feel as a Ravens fan. :/

Tahoe
07-18-2007, 05:23 PM
iirc, ESPN showed a backhoe out back and they showed them taking white boxes out...presumably filled with dog carcasses.

I'd think they would have also granted immunity to get some of the boys to flip. Vick is the big fish and its his house.

I get the feeling they have quite a bit of evidence.

Falcons released a statement

"We are disappointed that one of our players -- and therefore the Falcons -- is being presented to the public in a negative way, and we apologize to our fans and the community for that," the team said in a statement.

"Obviously, we are disturbed by today's news from Virginia," it said. "However, we are prepared to deal with it, and we will do the right thing for our club as the legal process plays out.

"We have a season to prepare for and training camp opens next week. Our plan is to continue to do everything we can to support our players and coaches,"

UxKa
07-18-2007, 06:55 PM
I'm not a Vick fan, but you guys are getting a little ahead of yourselves. Let the indictment play out. Remember the Duke Lacross team? Everyone ripped them to shreds and they were found to be not guilty.

He could be truly guilty, but we don't know it yet.

You have to consider that was an overzealous DA (or whatever) up for reelection who jumped to conclusions and ignored evidence. This inditement is federal, and they dont do that.

With that said, I hope Vick burns in hell if he had anything to do with this. Dog fighting is bad enough, but to kill the losing dogs like they did is insane.. just drop them off at a shelter or something. I have a pit bull that I took into my home to keep him from being a fighting dog. He is one of the two best loyal dogs I have ever owned and Ive had quite a few.

So vicious I tell ya:

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b40/UxKa/snoop_halloween.jpg

Zip Goshboots
07-18-2007, 07:15 PM
So instead of training him to be a fighting dog, you're training him to be a head waiter?

Tahoe
07-18-2007, 07:24 PM
Its amazing how shitty we treat animals. I guess the racing dogs in Florida that don't win or aren't good enough to race have a pretty dismal future. They aren't adopted that much (they are a lil funny looking) so sometimes they are just starved to death. whipets?

Human beings are really fucked up sometimes.

UxKa
07-18-2007, 07:52 PM
So instead of training him to be a fighting dog, you're training him to be a head waiter?

Yeah, specifically like that commercial where the guy's dog gets him beer out of the fridge. Actually that was halloween.

Fool
07-18-2007, 09:04 PM
Nice dog UxKa. Like the bowtie too.

Big Swami
07-18-2007, 09:30 PM
Yeah, I'm pretty sure Vick's career as a Falcon is over.

And Jethro: the reason this is going to take a long time is that this indictment was just a very early step in the process. For the federal government to convene a grand jury to review evidence to see if a trial is even worthwhile is a big deal, but the lawyers from the Justice Department haven't even started building a case against him yet. And my guess is that they are reluctant to build a case at all, because they probably want him to testify against someone else.

This indictment is basically the first step in pressuring Vick to confess to something small in exchange for his cooperation...he's either going to have to cooperate enough to do major damage to the entire dogfighting underground in the US, or they're going to try to put him in jail. I'd say right now that it's about 50/50. So if this does go to trial, it's not going to be for a long time.

UxKa
07-18-2007, 10:04 PM
But they are saying that the courthouse he will be in is the fastest moving federal courthouse in the country. I think (assuming that the NFL doesnt act until he pleas or is convicted) he will play this season, but by next season this should be done with and his career might be headed to Canada.

Zip Goshboots
07-18-2007, 10:22 PM
If you're not training him to fight, then you must be training him for the Mr Olympia with that "Maximum Muscle Weight Gainer" on the shelf.

UxKa
07-18-2007, 10:41 PM
LOL Thats for me, Im one of those skinny people that needs 4k calories a day to maintain weight.

Zip Goshboots
07-18-2007, 10:43 PM
Don't worry, you'll be thirty five one day, and you won't need the wieght gainer.

Cross
07-18-2007, 11:37 PM
Its amazing how shitty we treat animals. I guess the racing dogs in Florida that don't win or aren't good enough to race have a pretty dismal future. They aren't adopted that much (they are a lil funny looking) so sometimes they are just starved to death. whipets?

CNtV-BMFRFg

Watch with caution.

I can't beleive people actually treat animals like this, especially the Koreans. Fuck cruelty to animals.

Fool
07-19-2007, 07:37 AM
I think I'll pass on that vid.

Glenn
07-19-2007, 08:26 AM
No shit, I'm still depressed about the dolphin one.

:emo kid:

Cross
07-19-2007, 08:44 AM
The dog one is even worse. Atleast no one here owns a dolphin...

Glenn
07-19-2007, 08:52 AM
I heard this morning (source: Pittsburgh Post Review, via Fox Sports Radio) that federal indictments carry a 99% conviction rate.

In other words, he's fucked.

Fool
07-19-2007, 08:58 AM
The dog one is even worse. Atleast no one here owns a dolphin...

I own a Gamecube.

The Syndicate
07-19-2007, 12:39 PM
http://wtfdetroit.com/forums/admincpanel/../../pics/toiletpaper.jpg WTFDetroit’s Morning Constitutional
With Zip Goshboots

July 19, 2007

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio?

Not many of us are old enough to remember Joltin’ Joe DiMaggio. About the most controversial thing he ever did was marry Marilyn Monroe. We’ve certainly come a long way from there, haven’t we?

It is a huge understatement to say that sports are not really about, well, sports anymore. It’s about the athlete’s personal life, his rap sheet, his contract, his outrageous comments, his personal collection of guns and ammunition, and his dog fighting ring.

Read the complete July 19, 2007 "Constitutional" (http://www.wtfdetroit.com/index.php?page=morning71907)

Big Swami
07-19-2007, 04:29 PM
Michael Vick is a sick fuck
+ The NFL players union is weak sauce
= Suit up, Joey Harrington

Tahoe
07-19-2007, 05:04 PM
I can't watcht those vids either. I'm seriously ready to jump out of my skin on those things. Can't watch them.

Darth Thanatos
07-19-2007, 06:16 PM
I'm pretty emotional when it comes to traditional non-edible, especially towards dogs and cats since I've owned both in the past(I own a dog and two fish now). I'll save the Vick tongue lashing for another day and focus on something lighter.

I'm too lazy to check the schedule. Do we play the Falcons this year? Harrington playing us again would be hilarious.

Timone
07-19-2007, 06:31 PM
Yeah, because he'd probably beat the Lions again like he did last year. But no, we don't.

Tahoe
07-19-2007, 08:26 PM
ATLANTA (AP) - Michael Vick's legal troubles prompted Nike on Thursday to suspend the release of its latest product line named after the Atlanta Falcons quarterback.

Nike has told retailers it will not release a fifth signature shoe, the Air Zoom Vick V, this summer. Nike spokesman Dean Stoyer said the four shoe products and three shirts that currently bear Vick's name will remain in stores.
Vick will be arraigned next week in a Richmond, Va., federal courtroom on charges of sponsoring a gruesome dogfighting operation.

Meanwhile, Falcons owner Arthur Blank issued a statement Thursday, saying the organization is "working diligently on exploring our options."

"This is an emotionally charged and complicated matter," Blank said. "There are a wide range of interests and legal issues that need to be carefully considered as we move ahead, including our need to respect the due process that Michael is entitled to. Also, this situation affects everyone — our club, our players and associates, our sponsors, our fans and the Atlanta community among them — so we must consider all of our customers in making any decisions.

"Given the differing perspectives and strong feelings around this issue, we probably won't make everyone happy, but we are committed to doing the right thing. As the owner of this club that's, ultimately, my responsibility."

Blank added that he was "saddened and distressed about this — not for myself, for our fans and community who have been so loyal to us."

ESPN reported that Vick had called Blank on Wednesday. The network said its sources believed Vick to have been contrite, and he apologized for the distractions the case has created, and thanked Blank for his support.

Stoyer said Nike still has a standing contract with Vick, but declined to speculate on his future with the company.

A statement released by Nike Inc. said the company "is concerned by the serious and highly disturbing allegations made against Michael Vick, and we consider any cruelty to animals inhumane and abhorrent. We do believe that Michael Vick should be afforded the same due process as any citizen; therefore, we have not terminated our relationship."

Stoyer, who declined to discuss terms of Vick's contract, indicated the company has no commercials or documentaries planned with the three-time NFL Pro Bowl selection.

In previous years, Nike has run footage and interviews with Vick on its Web site, but none of the video promotions are currently posted.

"Some of that was shown on a limited run based on rights and usage," Stoyer said. "There's nothing new planned."

The Humane Society of the United States issued a statement calling upon Nike to pull its Vick clothing and shoes from retailers and from its Web site. It also called upon NFL commissioner Roger Goodell to suspend Vick.

Vick signed his current contract with Nike in 2001, the same year Atlanta chose him as the NFL's No. 1 overall draft pick. After leading the Falcons to the 2002 and '04 playoffs, Vick last year became the first quarterback in league history to rush for 1,000 yards in a season.

Tahoe
07-19-2007, 08:53 PM
Like I said somewhere...somebody flipped in this for them to have all the info. I would think they have some pretty good corobrating(?) evidence.

And I don't care if its Vick, I just want the scum, or scums that did this punished severly. I could care less if its Vick.

Jethro34
07-19-2007, 10:02 PM
Vick is a Nike man?

Shoot, shoulda worn adidas bro.

Tahoe
07-22-2007, 05:08 PM
I was just listening to a discussion about a clause in contracts where a contract could be voided for serious conduct that is detrimentalish type of words to a team/city. Kind of interesting and prolly needed, but good with getting that in these contracts.

I'm a contractor and I almost guarantee that my contracts could be voided.

Big Swami
07-23-2007, 09:23 AM
It's called a "morality clause" and it comes up in a ton of contracts. If Adidas somehow manages to get themselves locked into some shit with Vick, it's their own fault.

On the other hand, isn't it funny now how we just kind of sit around expecting the athlete to do something embarrassing? It's really stopped becoming a matter of "if" and more a matter of "when."

Glenn
07-23-2007, 09:29 AM
It's called a "morality clause" and it comes up in a ton of contracts. If Adidas somehow manages to get themselves locked into some shit with Vick, it's their own fault.

Freudian slip?

He's with Nike.

The footwear of champions.

Stop hating on adidas.

Big Swami
07-23-2007, 10:06 AM
Your avatar must have hip-mo-tithed me.

Tahoe
07-23-2007, 04:17 PM
The discush I listened to said it wasn't in a lot of sports peeps contracts. They didn't call it morality clause but that a much better description of it.

Big Swami
07-23-2007, 04:46 PM
I've signed employment contracts with a morality clause.

In most places a company can fire you at the drop of a hat if you're convicted of a felony, or break serious rules in the workplace. But if you're arrested and tried for rape, and you get off on a technicality, do they have to keep you employed? That's what the morality clause is for.

...at least, that's what I hear.

Black Dynamite
07-23-2007, 07:10 PM
weird, bull fighting seems to not been seen as torture. oh wait no one owns bulls, so its different. :emo kid: [smilie=alpaca.gif]

Tahoe
07-23-2007, 07:50 PM
It'd be a cold day in hell before bull fighting would be accepted in this country, imo. Its pretty cruel. I've been to cock fights too, not my cup of tea.

Michael Vick ordered by the comish to stay out of camp, btw.

Timone
07-23-2007, 07:53 PM
http://members.lycos.nl/dalecooper/Pictures/Jules%20Winnfield.jpg
But a dog's got personality, personality goes a long way.

Black Dynamite
07-23-2007, 08:25 PM
It'd be a cold day in hell before bull fighting would be accepted in this country, imo. Its pretty cruel. I've been to cock fights too, not my cup of tea.
What about animal testing? Ya know Vick's helmet works so well because of the dogs they bash over the head with sledgehammers to test them out. [smilie=blaha.gif]

I might be the only person who feels like this, but who gives a shit about the dog torture and fighting? I care about wild stray animals roaming the metro area at a ridiculous rate. The lack of capable laws and authorities to prevent over breeding, ownership of too many dogs(hint of dog fighter there), and a law needs to be in place to treat attack dogs like weapons with a license being required to own one.

I care more about people who get mauled because of shyt like this. Again thats just me. Dog fighting? Not smart or a cool thing to do. but uproar over it and "vick is a scum bag" talk? whatever. I'd rather get heated over soldiers fighting to death in iraq at the whim of an idiot who to me is by far more a scum bag.

With that said, LOL@the Falcons.

Big Swami
07-24-2007, 08:55 AM
GG, that's a valid viewpoint, it's a utilitarian one. "What's good for society?" is a good question, but it's not the only one. There's also a valid concern for the individuals involved, people and dogs.

b-diddy
07-24-2007, 09:09 AM
What about animal testing? Ya know Vick's helmet works so well because of the dogs they bash over the head with sledgehammers to test them out. [smilie=blaha.gif]

I might be the only person who feels like this, but who gives a shit about the dog torture and fighting? I care about wild stray animals roaming the metro area at a ridiculous rate. The lack of capable laws and authorities to prevent over breeding, ownership of too many dogs(hint of dog fighter there), and a law needs to be in place to treat attack dogs like weapons with a license being required to own one.

I care more about people who get mauled because of shyt like this. Again thats just me. Dog fighting? Not smart or a cool thing to do. but uproar over it and "vick is a scum bag" talk? whatever. I'd rather get heated over soldiers fighting to death in iraq at the whim of an idiot who to me is by far more a scum bag.

With that said, LOL@the Falcons.

nice post. i love when people get all self-righteous.

aj soprano agrees with you.

and your absolutely right. i dont know who has time to be disgusted with michael vick when we have a war on in iraq. what in the world we're we thinking?

Black Dynamite
07-24-2007, 09:35 AM

Kinda part of why i'm laughing at the uproar. We treat animals like shyt with utter neglect for any sense of rights depending on our wants or needs. Then eat over saturated hamburgers from over slaughtered to surplus animals calling people scum bags for dog fighting. That personality of the dog must go a long way. But in some countries he lines up next to the cows for dinner.

Also how do we look in countries that hold cows just as sacred as some hold dogs slaughtering Cows at an overbearing rate? again theres nothing right in vick's dumbass actions. But the "vick burn in hell" shit is kinda extreme. America can cry for Barbaro's leg but not find the wrong in him and other horses getting beat the fuck up like they stole something for sport before, during, and after races in some cases. :emo kid:

Big Swami
07-24-2007, 10:11 AM
What can I say? Some of us are just sentimental about dogs. And we're very creeped out by people who abuse them.

But you're right, when you compare it to the people who have died in Iraq (Americans and Iraqis), it doesn't really hold up.

Cross
07-24-2007, 10:33 AM
Kinda part of why i'm laughing at the uproar. We treat animals like shyt with utter neglect for any sense of rights depending on our wants or needs. Then eat over saturated hamburgers from over slaughtered to surplus animals calling people scum bags for dog fighting. That personality of the dog must go a long way. But in some countries he lines up next to the cows for dinner.

Also how do we look in countries that hold cows just as sacred as some hold dogs slaughtering Cows at an overbearing rate? again theres nothing right in vick's dumbass actions. But the "vick burn in hell" shit is kinda extreme. America can cry for Barbaro's leg but not find the wrong in him and other horses getting beat the fuck up like they stole something for sport before, during, and after races in some cases. :emo kid:

thats a good point, but Vick was forcing the dogs to fight, loser being hung or put to death in a cruel way. With the dead dogs Vick made, it's not like we do anything with them for a purpose for example.eating, make coats or whatever. Vick fucked up here by just being a cruel motherfucker(I actually liked Vick, fuck him now). This is worse than slaughtering cows, but this is probably because like mich said, we got feelings for dogs. How many people in this world have no affection towards dogs? Well not alot of people give a flying fuck about cows. I guess it really is all based on perspective.

My friend recently arrived in america and put a Vick jersey on, not knowing what happened. People stared him down like no other. Guess that just shows how big it is in America, but people are ignoring the fact that we kill other animals at high rates too.

Glenn
07-24-2007, 10:41 AM
Anybody else hear or see Robert Byrd's speech on this last week in the Senate?

It's pretty powerful.

b-diddy
07-24-2007, 11:31 AM
i always laugh when people worry about mundane things like the iraq war when there are such bigger things to worry about. like, did you guys know the sun burns several hundred million tons of hydrogen every *SECOND*.

Big Swami
07-24-2007, 12:07 PM
i always laugh when people worry about mundane things like the sun when there are such bigger things to worry about. like, did you guys know there are hundreds of super-massive black holes at the center of the galaxy, devouring all mass and light with nothing to stop them?

Glenn
07-24-2007, 12:18 PM
Vick is, at best, an asshole and at worst, a sociopath.

^In my opinion.

It's probably somewhere in the middle.

There's some pretty compelling scientific evidence out there about people who torture animals.

WTFchris
07-24-2007, 12:20 PM
I've never liked him to begin with, so it's no skin off my back to continue disliking him and be prepared to be disgusted with him when this is all said and done.

b-diddy
07-24-2007, 12:29 PM
Vick is, at best, an asshole and at worst, a sociopath.

^In my opinion.

It's probably somewhere in the middle.

There's some pretty compelling scientific evidence out there about people who torture animals.

right. i think every well known serial killer also had tortured animals in their lifetime, as well.

what bothers me about all this is michael vick was a person who was celebrated. we even encouraged kids to celebrate him. this is below the standard of behavior for anyone, but especially for someone who we entrust some much in. if athletes dont want that kind of responsibility, they shouldnt do the endorsements and they should turn in a large part of their salary.

b-diddy
07-24-2007, 12:31 PM
i always laugh when people worry about mundane things like the sun when there are such bigger things to worry about. like, did you guys know there are hundreds of super-massive black holes at the center of the galaxy, devouring all mass and light with nothing to stop them?

good call. not only should michael vick's lawyer use this argument in his trial, but i think EVERY defense lawyer should use this argument to defend their client. talk about ironclad.

Zekyl
07-24-2007, 01:21 PM
good call. not only should michael vick's lawyer use this argument in his trial, but i think EVERY defense lawyer should use this argument to defend their client. talk about ironclad.
You could never lose!

Big Swami
07-24-2007, 02:54 PM

It's at least as good as the legendary Chewbacca Defense.

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x147/dspiewak/200px-0330chewbacca.jpg

Fool
07-24-2007, 02:57 PM
I believe Budda and Bill are using the Chewbacca defense to no avail.

Black Dynamite
07-24-2007, 05:00 PM
Guess that just shows how big it is in America, but people are ignoring the fact that we kill other animals at high rates too.
pretty much.

Mich why are you comparing the sun to the galaxy of blackholes?

If its a play on my original statement, thats pretty off imo. People dying right now right here, babies getting mauled right now right here, and it gets pretty asinine to throw in the looniest comparison you can think of to try and push a sarcastic claim that thats even the same ballpark. if thats not what you were referring to forgive my reply. you may have been talking to b-shitty. and he's on igg so couldnt really tell for sure.

i wonder if horse racers are sociopaths or assholes? What i mean in that is beating and torturing horses for the sake of sport ok cause its legal?. Again though i dont think highly of the torturing animals, but i have no extra special place for dogs reserved to take it over board. Shyt happens with no thought to other animals here. Atleast PETA goes psycho for all animals. I can respect that. But otherwise i dont really feel the over dramatic "rot in hell you sociopath future serial killer" frame of thought for dogs when we are laying down bets on the kentucky derby. america is nutty, but whatever.

I've never liked him to begin with, so it's no skin off my back to continue disliking him and be prepared to be disgusted with him when this is all said and done.

he's a mediocre qb who gets his fame from highlight reel runs in losing efforts. outside of atlanta natives and casual football fans, not much to go crazy over. atlanta could be better w/o him. I honestly do believe he's a coach killer. there will at least be more discipline.

Zekyl
07-24-2007, 05:19 PM
Anyone else find it funny that all this happens and they have to suddenly rely on their backup quarterback RIGHT AFTER their safety net (Matt Schaub) signs with another team? They kept him around all that time, refused to trade him, and now that they actually need him he's gone.

Black Dynamite
07-24-2007, 06:20 PM
Anyone else find it funny that all this happens and they have to suddenly rely on their backup quarterback RIGHT AFTER their safety net (Matt Schaub) signs with another team? They kept him around all that time, refused to trade him, and now that they actually need him he's gone.
definitely ironic as fuck. But i'm not completely sold on Schaub as a QB and its a whole new system for him to learn if he stayed with atlanta and petrino.. He's got a better shot in Houston with a familiar offense. But even with that he's only got 2 career starts under his belt and a career qb rating in the high 60's. Not really a sure thing by any means.

Zekyl
07-24-2007, 06:36 PM
definitely ironic as fuck. But i'm not completely sold on Schaub as a QB and its a whole new system for him to learn if he stayed with atlanta and petrino.. He's got a better shot in Houston with a familiar offense. But even with that he's only got 2 career starts under his belt and a career qb rating in the high 60's. Not really a sure thing by any means.
I'm not saying he was the answer. I just find it funny that they always made sure they had a highly saught after guy around as an insurance policy and as soon as they let that go Vick is gone.

Black Dynamite
07-24-2007, 07:10 PM
I'm not saying he was the answer. I just find it funny that they always made sure they had a highly saught after guy around as an insurance policy and as soon as they let that go Vick is gone.
actually wasnt disagreeing with you at all. i totally agree. i was just giving a couple caution flags. but yea its ridiculously ironic.

Zip Goshboots
07-24-2007, 07:24 PM
Also how do we look in countries that hold cows just as sacred as some hold dogs slaughtering Cows at an overbearing rate?

Healthy

Glenn
07-26-2007, 04:18 PM
Vick just pleaded "not guilty".

Tahoe
07-27-2007, 09:39 PM
NIKE just cancelled his contract.

EDIT...NIKE just suspended his contract.

WTFchris
07-30-2007, 08:50 AM
I saw a commercial last night for the Thanksgiving game on NFL network:

"Peyton Manning and the Colts take on the Atlanta Falcons"

I laughed thinking they probably had to re-do that promo. Joey ball game on Thanksgiving again. lol

Jethro34
07-30-2007, 10:04 AM
Now that Nike has suspended his contract, there are rumors that an adidas subsidiary, adidog, wants him to endorse their line of gear for fighting dogs. Of course, the dogs under 30 dog years don't like the stuff and the authentic uniforms (honoring fighting dog legends like Bruiser, Wartooth, and Lockjaw) don't look quite as tight as the Nike versions.

UxKa
08-16-2007, 09:46 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,293268,00.html

South Carolina Inmate Hits Michael Vick With '$63,000,000,000 Billion Dollar' Lawsuit Alleging Al Qaeda Ties
Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Embattled NFL quarterback Michael Vick, facing federal charges related to his alleged participation in dogfighting, has been hit with a "$63,000,000,000 billion dollar" lawsuit filed by a South Carolina inmate who alleges the Atlanta Falcons star stole his pit bulls and sold them on eBay to buy "missiles from Iran," FOX News has learned.

Jonathan Lee Riches filed the handwritten complaint over "theft and abuse of my animals" on July 23 in the U.S. District Court in Richmond, Va.

Riches alleges that Vick stole two white mixed pit bull dogs from his home in Holiday, Fla., and used them for dogfighting operations in Richmond, Va. The complaint goes on to allege that Vick sold the dogs on eBay and “used the proceeds to purchase missiles from the Iran government.”

The complaint also alleges that Vick would need those missiles because he pledged allegiance to Al Qaeda in February of this year.

“Michael Vick has to stop physically hurting my feelings and dashing my hopes,” Riches writes in the complaint.

Riches wants $63 billion dollars “backed by gold and silver “ delivered to the front gates to the Williamsburg Federal Correctional facility in South Carolina. Riches is an inmate at the facility serving out a wire fraud conviction.

FOXNews.com attempted to contact Vick, but neither he nor his spokesman could be reached for comment.

Zip Goshboots
08-16-2007, 09:56 PM
If I was Vick, I'd settle this lawsuit PRONTO! On top of all the dog stuff, if it comes out in court that he actually STOLE two pit bulls from this guy, Vick would be done.

b-diddy
08-17-2007, 01:54 AM
i guess vick might be facing rico statutes. not gonna get him, but just the thought of two + decades is gonna get him snitching like obie trice was never born. funny, dog fighting is actually the least of ron mexico's problems, and yet its probably the #1 reason why his nfl career might be over. its serious for him on so many levels. even though giant nebulas of dark matter are eating away at our very existence as we speak.

like a wise man named carmello once said, " stool pigeons finish last".

WTFchris
08-20-2007, 02:34 PM
RICHMOND, Va. -- Atlanta Falcons quarterback Michael Vick accepted a plea deal Monday to avoid additional federal charges in a dogfighting case and now faces a likely lengthy prison sentence.
"After consulting with his family over the weekend, Michael Vick has asked that I announce today that he has reached an agreement with federal prosecutors regarding charges pending against him," Billy Martin, one of Vick's attorneys, said in a statement. "Mr. Vick has agreed to enter a plea of guilty to those charges and to accept full responsibility for his actions and the mistakes he has made. Michael wishes to apologize again to everyone who has been hurt by this matter. The terms of Vick's prison term are not yet known. All three of Vick's co-defendants have reached plea deals in the case. Vick had been facing a Nov. 26 trial date. Vick's last two co-defendants pleaded guilty Friday and said he bankrolled gambling on dogfights at the quarterback's property in rural Surry County, not far from his hometown of Newport News. One said Vick helped drown or hang dogs that didn't do well. Quanis Phillips of Atlanta and Purnell Peace of Virginia Beach entered plea agreements and agreed to testify against Vick. Tony Taylor of Hampton struck a similar deal last month. The gambling allegations alone could trigger a lifetime ban under the NFL's personal conduct policy. The NFL has barred Vick from the Falcons' training camp but has withheld further action while the league conducts its own investigation. Peace, Phillips and Taylor pleaded guilty to the same charges facing Vick: conspiracy to travel in interstate commerce in aid of unlawful activities and conspiracy to sponsor a dog in an animal fighting venture. The offense is punishable by up to five years in prison and a $250,000 fine. Their sentencings are set for November and December.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2983121

Glenn
08-20-2007, 02:34 PM
CNN Breaking News
NFL quarterback Michael Vick has accepted a plea deal in his federal dogfighting case, The Virginian-Pilot newspaper reports.

Tahoe
08-20-2007, 02:35 PM
Damn you are fast.

Glenn
08-20-2007, 02:36 PM
Well played, Chris.

WTFchris
08-20-2007, 02:37 PM
Clayton called me at work to tell me.

Glenn
08-20-2007, 02:38 PM
Goodell will announce his suspension in 5...4...3...2...1...

2 years maybe? Lifetime?

Tahoe
08-20-2007, 03:15 PM
Falcons owner will most likely release him first. ???

I'm somewhat surprised that he actually plead this. I think he could have found one, just ONE juror that would have given him a pass.

Glenn
08-20-2007, 03:24 PM
I would guess that the Falcons will try to void his contract.

This is probably what they have been waiting for.

WTFchris
08-20-2007, 03:29 PM
I would guess that the Falcons will try to void his contract.

This is probably what they have been waiting for.

This is what Vick has to say about that

http://www.theonion.com/content/files/images/Michael-Vick-R.article.jpg

WTFchris
08-20-2007, 03:32 PM
Joey's take:

http://www.outsports.com/pageimages/uploadedImages/joeyharrington.jpg

Zip Goshboots
08-20-2007, 06:24 PM
New house for dog fights: Check
Dogs for fighting: Check
Electrocution equipment for panzy ass Pit Bulls: Check
Drowning tank for panzy ass Pit Bulls: Check
Toilet for NFL career and life: CHECK

How do you apologize to dogs?
He wants to get his life back on "track"? After shitting way $120 Millions, and going to prison, I'm not sure that being a line cook at Denny's will help him.
This is one of the most bizarre things I can imagine. I can sympathize with a guy who gets caught up in drugs or alcoholism, or gambling. Maybe even get a few ho's pregnant because they throw themselves at you because you're a young, rich superstar.
But to set up shop as a dog fighting ring leader, and brutalize animals in this way is something that is unimaginable. Vick needs to rot in jail for a lot longer than a year.

Zekyl
08-20-2007, 06:31 PM
I think the worst part is somoene will give him a shot when he gets out based on his athleticism. Maybe not as a quarterback, but as something.

Tahoe
08-20-2007, 06:33 PM
New house for dog fights: Check
Dogs for fighting: Check
Electrocution equipment for panzy ass Pit Bulls: Check
Drowning tank for panzy ass Pit Bulls: Check
Toilet for NFL career and life: CHECK

Knowing Vick will get bitched by the big boys in prison: Priceless.

Tahoe
08-20-2007, 06:35 PM
I heard that the Comish will prolly wait til he's out of jail to give him his NFL punishment. Sorta like Tank.

b-diddy
08-20-2007, 08:55 PM
my money says its over for ron and the nfl. my money also says no one in jail touches vick without it being touching his fists as they blow rains on him. i would definitly take him in a fight over just about anyone, even if they have 100 LBs on him.

detroitsportscity
08-20-2007, 11:20 PM
my money says its over for ron and the nfl. my money also says no one in jail touches vick without it being touching his fists as they blow rains on him. i would definitly take him in a fight over just about anyone, even if they have 100 LBs on him.

Vick is used to having pads and a posse.

And hand to hand /= football

Plus QB's are pussies.

And Vick isn't in a gang - 5 vs. 1 generally not good even if you can fight.

Timone
08-21-2007, 05:31 AM
Vick can't even fight injury.

Glenn
08-21-2007, 10:01 AM
I've heard that some company is making Vick chew toys for dogs (until the NFL sues them, that is).

Is anyone making a #7 jersey with prison stripes on it yet?

WTFchris
08-21-2007, 10:02 AM
I think the worst part is somoene will give him a shot when he gets out based on his athleticism. Maybe not as a quarterback, but as something.

CFL?
http://www.sportslogos.net/images/leagues/thumbs/20.gif

DennyMcLain
08-21-2007, 10:06 AM
Fuuuuuuuuuccccccckkkkkkk!!!!!!!!

Fuuuuuuuuuccccccckkkkkkk!!!!!!!

Fool
08-21-2007, 10:09 AM
Lol@cowology on an iphone.

Tahoe
08-21-2007, 06:56 PM
I heard that Nike released him from his contract, but Hush Puppies signed him. ba da bum.

Tahoe
08-21-2007, 07:00 PM

I was kind of joking there but I don't know when the last time you were inside a federal penitentiary but there are guys that WOULD make him his bitch if they wanted. But roll with what you want there bud.

Zip Goshboots
08-21-2007, 09:49 PM
http://www.themightymjd.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/04/canada.jpg

Glenn
08-23-2007, 02:02 PM
Dogs seized in Vick investigation face deadline, could be euthanized

Associated Press
Updated: August 22, 2007, 9:58 PM ET

RICHMOND, Va. -- More than 50 pit bulls seized from Michael Vick's property face a Thursday deadline to be claimed. If no one comes forward, they could be euthanized.

Federal prosecutors filed court documents last month to condemn 53 pit bulls seized in April as part of the investigation into dogfighting on the Vick's property. No one has claimed any of the dogs, which are being held at several unspecified shelters in eastern Virginia, the U.S. Attorney's office said Wednesday.

The civil complaint filed by federal prosecutors does not name the Atlanta Falcons quarterback and is separate from the criminal case against him. But it does state the pit bulls were part of the dogfighting operation known as "Bad Newz Kennels," which Vick and three cohorts are accused of operating.

Also included in the document are detailed allegations about the nature of the animals' training regimen and the dogfights occurring at Vick's property at 1915 Moonlight Road in Surry County.

The government filed three public civil forfeiture notices in a Richmond newspaper to publicize the dogs' confiscation, and the deadline for claims is 30 days after the appearance of the final notice, filed July 24.

Federal prosecutors declined to comment Wednesday on the seized dogs. Typically, when confiscated property goes unclaimed, the government asks the court to have the items declared forfeited. In this case, U.S. District Judge Henry E. Hudson will make the final decision on the dogs' fate.

"There's no dispute over who owns the dogs," said Daphna Nachminovitch, a spokeswoman for People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals. "Obviously this is not going to be a process where someone steps forward and says, 'This is my dog, can I have her back, please?' "

Though Hudson, who also is handling Vick's criminal case, will determine what becomes of the pit bulls, Nachminovitch said that it's likely that they will be euthanized because they're not adoptable as pets.

"These dogs are a ticking time bomb," she said. "Rehabilitating fighting dogs is not in the cards. It's widely accepted that euthanasia is the most humane thing for them."

Vick, 27, said through a lawyer this week that he will plead guilty to a federal charge of conspiracy to travel in interstate commerce in aid of unlawful activities and conspiracy to sponsor a dog in an animal fighting venture. He is scheduled to enter his plea agreement Monday and could face up to five years in prison.

Three Vick associates have pleaded guilty to the conspiracy charge and agreed to testify against him if the case went to trial. They said Vick provided virtually all the gambling and operating funds for the Bad Newz Kennels enterprise. Two of them also said Vick participated in executing at least eight underperforming dogs by various means, including drowning and hanging.

The locations of the shelters holding the dogs haven't been disclosed out of concern that the animals could be stolen, Nachminovitch said.

"They are a hot commodity in the world of dogfighting," she said.

WTFchris
08-23-2007, 04:07 PM
I just read the NAACP wants the NFL to allow Vick back after his sentence. What does this have to do with race?

b-diddy
08-23-2007, 05:58 PM
like just about everything, it has something to do about race. i dont have the stats to prove this, but i promise you if you polled peoples' opinions on the matter, there would be a stark difference between races. and regions, to be fair.

also, from glenn's article:

Though Hudson, who also is handling Vick's criminal case, will determine what becomes of the pit bulls, Nachminovitch said that it's likely that they will be euthanized because they're not adoptable as pets.

"These dogs are a ticking time bomb," she said. "Rehabilitating fighting dogs is not in the cards. It's widely accepted that euthanasia is the most humane thing for them."

the article seems like its trying to play the 'state is absurd and hipocritical' card, but this really nails it on the head. pit bulls raised in ideal conditions are dangerous, but these guys? killers. no blame to the state for doing this. just more of vick's victims.

Zip Goshboots
08-27-2007, 01:36 PM
ESPN Jock Sniffer Mike Tirico is all over Vick: Tirico feels "sympathy" for his uncomfortable posture at his press conference; Tirico says Vick has given himself to Jesus since this happened; Tirico says peopl still want to see him play.
Fuck Vick and Tirico. I could NEVER EVER have one ounce of sympathy for a guy who does something like this. Not for ANY reason. It's about time people in the press stop wanting to be the first one to interview this sociopath when he gets out of jail and call it for what it is: barbaric brutality and cruelty. The only kind of people who do this kind of shit are animals. Fucking worthless pieces of shit that no Jailhouse Conversion is going to save.
Well, I guess that's one more Christian Warrior anyway. Maybe he'll get a show on TBN after MC HAmmer and that curly haired faggot Kurt Cameron.

Timone
08-27-2007, 01:51 PM
I have no sympathy for Vick at all. And like I said in this thread a while back, I never liked him as a player either, so it's a win-win situation to have him in bars AND off the football field.

Fuck Kirk Cameron.

Timone
08-28-2007, 02:14 AM
3 years left until those Georgia Force Vick 7 jerseys come in!

UxKa
08-28-2007, 02:44 AM
pit bulls raised in ideal conditions are dangerous, but these guys? killers.

:dismissed:

My dog is not dangerous.

Zip Goshboots
08-28-2007, 07:30 AM
UxKa:
Your dog may not be dangerous now, but Pit Bulls are known to flip. That's why they're the dogs sick fucks like Vick do this with. Many communities in this country are either trying, or have, made even having a pit bull illegal, let alone training them to eat each other.
We all know someone who has a pit bull that's just a lovely cuddly ball of fluffy fun, hell, some people even have pit bulls that can drive a car and buy groceries, that's how great they are.
Then there is the reality that they are flat out dangerous dogs.

DE
08-28-2007, 07:56 AM
Just 2 things:

1. I feel no sympathy for Vick, but I would like to think that he was sincere in what he said yesterday and that he could actually become a decent person in time because of this. I'm still a moronic idealist who finds hope that people (even if it's just 0.00001%) can learn from their mistakes and all the horrible shit they've done and be able to do something about that and actually rise above just being a piece of shit the rest of their lives. But I have to admit that I also hope, as you've all mentioned already, that it doesn't necessarily have to come with the finding and the later continuous, overbearing preaching of religion.

2. I think there's no doubt that Pit Bulls in general as a breed have been shown to be much more dangerous than any other breed and it has to be addressed at some point. I honestly don't know if illegalization is the answer or what answer there should be, but even though there are tons of people who do have Pit Bulls that have never caused any problems (just the opposite) the fact remains that it is a breed with a more inherent violent nature.

b-diddy
08-28-2007, 08:38 AM
ive heard many a story from pitbull owners that ended with "i dont know what happened. he was such a great dog before this." good luck with yours uxka, but pitbulls are more prone to violence.

as for vick, if its true that he did alot more than just fight dogs (ie sadistic executions) he'll probably never redeem himself in my eyes. fighting dogs is one thing, the stories i read about him are another.

UxKa
08-28-2007, 02:07 PM
Pomeranian kills baby:
http://archives.cnn.com/2000/US/10/09/pomeranian.kills.ap/

99.9% of all dogs of all breeds do not attack people. In my life my family or myself has owned a Boxer, 3 Springer Spaniels, a Cocker Spaniel, 2 Pugs, an American Pit Bull Terrier, and a Bichon Frise. The Bichon is the only one who ever bit anybody and was almost put down, and one of the Springers had a temperment issue and always worried us. It is true that it is how you raise them, and I will admit that it takes a little extra effort to train and recognize things with pit bulls, but it doesn't mean that they are prone to snap at some point. I own one, a friend owns two, another friend owns one, another another friend owns one, and I know two couples who breed them and only sell the pups to homes they first investigate to ensure they are good owners and nobody has ever had a single problem. In temperment tests common household dogs such as Labs, Golden Retrievers, and Dalmations test much worse than APBT's. My cousin has been attatcked by a dog, a chocolate Lab. I have been attacked by a Rot. Lets not forget that Pugs were bred as guard/attack dogs for Chinese royalty. This all points back to the original title of this thread, 'Michael Vick is a sick fuck'. His dogs probably are a danger to society and need to be put down, but to generalize any breed of dog is simply ignorant. "Any gereralization is inherently wrong and can be proven as such."

Black Dynamite
09-02-2007, 09:04 PM
Pomeranian kills baby:
http://archives.cnn.com/2000/US/10/09/pomeranian.kills.ap/

99.9% of all dogs of all breeds do not attack people.
Bullshit. Post whatever numbers you want, but unless .1 percent of all the aggressive dogs in the world live in detroit that number is garbage. Dogs attack people all the time. Trained dogs, stray dogs, house pet non-aggressive dogs. They are animals and their instincts are not on the same line with their conditioned traits. Which is why it pisses me off when people walk their dumb as nails asses down the street w/o their dog on a leash. I've seen 5 dogs(golden retriever, rot, 2 pits, and a white siberian husky) in that scenario attack w/o warrant just because something about the person set them off.

If its humans faults then no one should own a dog because imo every dog is capable of flipping whether its stray wild or not.

UxKa
09-03-2007, 03:10 PM
First off, Id bet there are a higher percentage of aggressive dogs in Detroit just based off the show 'Animal Cops'. About 80% of the shows take place in Detroit. I agree all dogs should be leashed. Lastly, before you say that you have seen two pits attack check this link and if you tell me you identified the pit on your first try youre lying.

http://www.pitbullsontheweb.com/petbull/findpit.html

Even though I have an APBT which is exactly what you are supposed to find, it took me a few tries. The odds are you saw another breed or a mix, maybe even a mix that was sold to an owner as a pit bull... but really, Id bet my left nut that at least one of those attacks was not a true pit.

Black Dynamite
09-04-2007, 08:32 AM
First off, Id bet there are a higher percentage of aggressive dogs in Detroit just based off the show 'Animal Cops'. About 80% of the shows take place in Detroit. I agree all dogs should be leashed. Lastly, before you say that you have seen two pits attack check this link and if you tell me you identified the pit on your first try youre lying.

http://www.pitbullsontheweb.com/petbull/findpit.html

Even though I have an APBT which is exactly what you are supposed to find, it took me a few tries. The odds are you saw another breed or a mix, maybe even a mix that was sold to an owner as a pit bull... but really, Id bet my left nut that at least one of those attacks was not a true pit.
How is animal cops related to crazy dog I've and most people i know seen personally? You lost me there.

Again that pic list is irrelevant to what I said. Are you questioning whether they were pits? If so you're already going way off topic from my original point that dogs are house trained wild animals that do attack by nature. You want to explain what the perfect pit looks like, do so to someone whose been mauled. Then maybe you'd see how thats irrelevant. Thats my main problem with animal rights supporters, they get more caught up in details about the animals than the humans. If you wanna say Pits arent as bad as people think, whatever. Thats not really my concern over dog attacks, overwhelming amount of stray dogs, anybody being able to buy one(imo they should be background checked), and the lack of leashing dogs. Which is what i'm referring to.

Either way the only thing i care about in the Michael "no passing skills" Vick case is that his punkass will be off of Madden 08 on the next roster update. [smilie=heatsmiley2:

UxKa
09-04-2007, 03:15 PM
Obviously you just dont care about what I have to say so I give up, dont care, dont have the time to waste. This already feels like a UM/MSU debate.

Black Dynamite
09-05-2007, 12:12 AM
Obviously you just dont care about what I have to say so I give up, dont care, dont have the time to waste. This already feels like a UM/MSU debate.
No, its not that. Its that I didnt feel it was relevant to what I said. I personally felt you were wasting my time with that "guess the pit bull" thing when i was making a point about dogs attacking people in response to those numbers you posted. Not a big deal. Nor is it me saying theres no value in your points after the original one. Sorry it was taken that way. Not the intent at all.

Oh ummm i'm not getting pissy. This is getting pissy.

http://www.dangerouslogic.com/images/msu_pisses_themselves

UxKa
09-05-2007, 02:35 AM
Cool cool. I think you are making a point about dogs in general, whereas considering the original point of the topic I was associating it with pits. Diff people, diff opinions... life moves on.

WTFchris
09-05-2007, 09:33 AM
I heard on the radio this morning that stupid Woopi was defending Vick on the View (I guess she took Rosie's place on that show?). She said Vick was simply raised in an evironment were people did dog fighting. She's not condoning it, but understands because it's part of his upbringing.

Bull Shit. Inner city kids are exposed to drugs and gangs when they grow up. Are you doing to defend them when they turn to a life of violence? I doubt it. People make choices. Sure, some people have easier choices to make, but you can't tell me a 26 year old role model like Vick can't figure out what's right and wrong.

b-diddy
09-05-2007, 11:33 AM
i think her point was that vick is from a different culture with different values. where as we consider a dog as a familly member, or almost one, where vick is from they are something less. i give this argument some weight, but i dont think its a valid excuse. even if dog fighting was some how justifiable (its not, anyone who partakes should know better, even if its everyone doing it), but what vick was doing was so far up and above just dog fighting that there really is no defense.

WTFchris
09-05-2007, 11:49 AM
I don't give it weight. It's illegal. He's not from another country where it is allowed. If you come from a history of domestic violence it doesn't give you the right to beat your wife. Some people value women like possessions. Should that argument have weight because they were raised in that value sustem? Is it a hard situation to overcome, sure. Doesn't excuse it.

I could maybe overlook him doing it in the past. maybe he didn't know any better. but come on, the guy is a superstar professional athelete and you are telling me he can't figure out not to do something illegal?

Tahoe
09-26-2007, 02:16 PM
Per FoxSports

RICHMOND, Va. (AP) - A federal judge placed tighter restrictions on Michael Vick on Wednesday after he tested positive for marijuana.

Because of the result, U.S. District Judge Henry Hudson placed special conditions on Vick's release, including restricting him to his home between 10 p.m. and 6 a.m. and ordering him to submit to random drug testing.

The urine sample was submitted Sept. 13, according to a document by a federal probation officer that was filed in U.S. District Court on Wednesday. Vick, who admitted bankrolling a dogfighting operation on property he owns in Surry County in his written federal plea, is scheduled for sentencing Dec. 10.

Big Swami
09-27-2007, 08:46 AM
Was it his weed? He can smoke it if he wants to. Where he comes from it's no big deal.

Tahoe
09-27-2007, 12:57 PM
They were just saying that this will prolly add another year that Vick will be out of the league. Obviously he's out in 07 and half of 08 cuz of his prison sentence and now Goodel could keep him out for another year.

Zekyl
09-28-2007, 01:20 PM
Was it his weed? He can smoke it if he wants to. Where he comes from it's no big deal.
Yeah, its completely acceptable and they're throwing the whole thing out, because, you know, its ok where he's from.

Tahoe
10-09-2007, 08:09 PM
Arbitrator says Falcons can recoup 20million from Vick.

I'm thinking this is going to be a rags to riches to rags story.

MoTown
10-10-2007, 07:47 AM
Arbitrator says Falcons can recoup 20million from Vick.

I'm thinking this is going to be a rags to riches to rags story.

Those stories don't actually happen.

[smilie=hammertime.:

Timone
10-10-2007, 04:33 PM
It won't be too long before we see "The Michael Vick Story" airing soon, but the question is: who would star as Vick?

Tahoe
10-10-2007, 04:40 PM
Tom Hanks?
Bill Murray?

Any of these guys are a perfect fit.

Tom Sizemore might have a lil better perspective on things though.

Timone
10-10-2007, 04:47 PM
Fuck it, Mark Wahlberg. He's in everything anyway nowadays.

Tahoe
10-10-2007, 05:37 PM
I was thinking about Chris Rock but I don't think they would want it to be humurous. CR just has to look at the camera and I crack up.

Timone
10-10-2007, 05:54 PM
How about Marcus Vick? He isn't doing shit nowadays.

Tahoe
10-14-2007, 08:04 PM
Manu Genobli? He can act. He was asked to act like a pussie and he came through with flying colors.

Timone
10-14-2007, 08:14 PM
I got it. When bukdow isn't busy playing the role of body double in gay porno flicks, he would be perfect for the role. He does a great job of acting like he isn't a Michigan fan as it is.

Big Swami
10-18-2007, 10:22 AM
I was thinking about Chris Rock but I don't think they would want it to be humurous. CR just has to look at the camera and I crack up.

"Grand opening? Grand closing."

Timone
12-10-2007, 10:48 AM
23 months in prison for Vick.

Big Swami
12-10-2007, 11:15 AM
Everyone's saying "Vick is being very humble and taking his punishment like a man" but honestly he's just going to jail gangsta-style, not snitching on his homeboys.

Zip Goshboots
12-10-2007, 01:31 PM
Fuck this guy. He should be going away for ten years. I couldn;t give a fuck about his family either. They were probably there bettin; on the dawgs.

We've had it with Kobe. We've had it with A-Rod....
Who's gonna start the "Michael Vick to the Lions in 2010" thread?

b-diddy
12-10-2007, 05:08 PM
you dont do nothin but two days nohow.

Big Swami
12-11-2007, 10:35 AM
Michael Vick is a sociopathic asshole who kills dogs for fun and profit. He was an asshole before too, back when everyone in the media wouldn't stop licking his boots. He'll still be an asshole when the anti-backlash begins and everyone starts talking about how a great NFL quarterback is unjustly wasting his prime years in a cell, and he'll still be an asshole when he gets out and inevitably returns to the NFL. I certainly hope I have made my opinion clear.

Timone
12-11-2007, 10:48 AM
Agreed, except for one thing:

He'll still be an asshole when the anti-backlash begins and everyone starts talking about how a great NFL quarterback is unjustly wasting his prime years in a cell

He fucking sucked as a QB. Although I think you're probably using his bootlicker fans' words.

Big Swami
12-11-2007, 01:29 PM
Well of course he sucked as QB, but that won't stop the revisionism.

Timone
12-11-2007, 01:32 PM
Of COURSE not. I heard a movie like "The Hurricane" is in the works when he gets out. Vick will be played by Denzel Washington, of course.

Oakwiz
07-24-2009, 03:20 PM
The Vickster is back...

http://thebiglead.com/?p=15876

Glenn
07-24-2009, 03:22 PM
I thought that had been debunked?

Even if it's true, I can't blame him for wanting to see some pretty ladies after two years in the hole.

If you know what I mean.

Oakwiz
07-24-2009, 03:57 PM
I don't care about him going to a strip join and he served his time... I just posted this because it is the first of many more Vickster articles to come... I can't wait to see all the hoopla that will be starting around this guy... His life is just such a joke that its funny... Someone needs to teach him the words "Low Profile"

I am just surprised he didn't stop to buy a Pitbull on the way home...

I thought that had been debunked?

Even if it's true, I can't blame him for wanting to see some pretty ladies after two years in the hole.

If you know what I mean.

Glenn
07-31-2009, 09:51 PM
I'm getting a bit nervous about the Steelers refusing to deny claims that they're interested in MV.

Timone
07-31-2009, 09:53 PM
Do they not have Dennis Dixon still?

Tahoe
07-31-2009, 09:56 PM
MV in the Wildcat?

Timone
07-31-2009, 09:57 PM
I wonder what the team that signs him would do with him if the Wildcat starts getting shut down (it's not like it's going to catch anybody by surprise this year).

Tahoe
07-31-2009, 09:59 PM
Was it the Ravens that shut that shit DOWN on Miami last year?

Glenn
07-31-2009, 09:59 PM
Wonder what would do with him if the Wildcat starts getting shut down.

It's not like it's going to catch anybody by surprise this year.

http://cm3034.k12.sd.us/Wildcats.Wildcat,Smaller.(mag090).(2.26x2.31).7872 .jpg
ROAAARR!!!!!!!11111

See, I bet you weren't expecting that. It can still work.

Timone
07-31-2009, 10:00 PM
Was it the Ravens that shut that shit DOWN on Miami last year?

YESSIR!

Timone
07-31-2009, 10:06 PM
http://cm3034.k12.sd.us/Wildcats.Wildcat,Smaller.(mag090).(2.26x2.31).7872 .jpg
ROAAARR!!!!!!!11111

See, I bet you weren't expecting that. It can still work.

ALL I KNOW IS, I'm sick of all this Wildcat talk.

Tahoe
07-31-2009, 10:08 PM
Alls I'm know is its utter shit

Timone
07-31-2009, 10:10 PM
Alls I'm know is its utter shit

I'm tired, but my work here is not done yet.

Glenn
07-31-2009, 10:10 PM
I just noticed that you hit 20K.

CONGRATS

Glenn
07-31-2009, 10:11 PM
And now I just realized that I congratulated you a month ago when It Happened.

UxKa
07-31-2009, 10:29 PM
Fuck Vick. Fuck any team that signs him.

My work in this thread is done.

Glenn
08-11-2009, 05:09 PM
I'm getting a bit nervous about the Steelers refusing to deny claims that they're interested in MV.
Still worried about this

WTFchris
08-11-2009, 05:42 PM
I don't see Vick ever being a staring QB for a contending team. He's never been accurate and his athleticism will only get worse over time.

He's best used as that slash/wildcat type of role and as the #2 QB. He's the type of guy that could win you a game as a backup because nobody would have game planned for him, but I don't see him winning any playoff games as the starting QB.

I wonder if NE takes a chance on him for some trick plays. Billechek does some crazy things on offense sometimes (he could be interesting lined up at WR for a screen, still able to pass out of it). Plus he could always just bomb it to Moss.

Glenn
08-13-2009, 09:48 PM
Michael Vick, recently reinstated by NFL, signs with Philadelphia Eagles, his agent says.

Whew.

Tahoe
08-13-2009, 09:50 PM
I saw that.

Whey = Steelers not signed glad with?

UxKa
08-13-2009, 10:09 PM
Ahhhh... the team I already hated the most, somehow managed to drop an astronomical amount in my book. Fuck the Sheagles.

b-diddy
08-16-2009, 07:44 PM
watching the 60 min piece, he looks like a child, guessing what we want to hear. the charade bothers me. to me, its clear vick doesnt understand the law, or he disagrees with it. and thats fine with me. its no crime to disagree. all that is required is that he respects the law, and i doesont doubt that at all.

i understand why vick has to do 60 min, but frankly it came off as bojangling to me.

Timone
08-16-2009, 11:56 PM
I don't care that he's back in the league, but if I never had to hear "second chance" again for the rest of my life, I'd be happy.

Glenn
09-03-2009, 04:23 PM
Back week 3

Glenn
02-10-2011, 10:49 AM
Mark Buehrle says he and his wife rooted for Michael Vick ‘to get injured’ (http://offthebench.nbcsports.com/2011/02/10/mark-buehrle-says-he-and-his-wife-rooted-for-michael-vick-to-get-injured/)

Timone
02-10-2011, 10:50 AM
That one rates pretty low on the BUEHRLE METER

Timone
02-10-2011, 10:50 AM
Get a last name that's easier to spell, sheesh!

DrRay11
02-10-2011, 11:03 AM
Buehrle Meter.

I like.

I HOPE YOUR LAST NAME GETS INJURED

/terriblecomedian

Glenn
02-10-2011, 11:14 AM
Fuck this Buehrle guy.

Timone
02-10-2011, 11:22 AM
Even if I copy and paste, I still have to see if it's spelled right