WTFDetroit.com

View Full Version : Rainbow Six:Vegas

Daviticus 2.39
01-15-2007, 11:25 AM
I just got this game for the 360, and let me tell you, this game is cool as shit.

It is an extremely difficult game and takes a lot of patience. It is not at all like Halo seeing as how incredibly realistic it is, if you get shot once, your down. The game has a pretty sweet plot, and the enemy ai is awesome. They are talking shit to you and talking about killing cops all the while being a pretty decent opponent.

The game has a really sweet cover feature too that makes not getting hit much easier, somewhat like the Gears of War cover feature.

The graphics are sick as well, and this game is just sweet. And I haven't even played online or co-op yet.

UxKa
01-15-2007, 03:22 PM
Hey I asked you in another thread but you missed it...

Is this Rainbow Six like the originals where you have to plan everything out before the mission? I dont mind realism in getting shot once, but I preferred some of the other Tom Clancy games because you didnt have to map everything out to the extent that R6 makes you.

Moodini31
01-15-2007, 05:12 PM
I've heard a ton of good things from everyone who has played this game, but I haven't got a chance to play it yet. I'm definitely going to give it a look. It's going to be hard for it to get some run with Gears of War and Zelda as other options for me.

Daviticus 2.39
01-15-2007, 05:48 PM
Hey I asked you in another thread but you missed it...

Is this Rainbow Six like the originals where you have to plan everything out before the mission? I dont mind realism in getting shot once, but I preferred some of the other Tom Clancy games because you didnt have to map everything out to the extent that R6 makes you.

No there isn't really much pre-mission planning to this game, but you do have to plan out attacks on moving into areas and set up your squad to move in. Most of the planning is done from the story line.

UxKa
01-15-2007, 06:19 PM
Cool, Ill have to check it out then. I really couldnt stand the first couple games where everything had to be mapped out and checkpoints setup and synchronized teams. If it happens more with the storyline then Im down with that.

Daviticus 2.39
01-17-2007, 07:12 PM
After finishing this game now... I have some more feedback, I still haven't jumped online, but for the love of god. Get this game. I actually enjoyed playing this game every bit as much as I enjoyed Gears of War, and if you have played and beaten Gears of War, there is no reason you can't beat this one.

This game has a GREAT plot, and it is incredibly fun and realistic, their is sure to be a sequal to this game yet again, as the story still has some holes...

But seriously, if you own a 360 or whatever other consoles this is on, GET THIS GAME.

UxKa
01-18-2007, 09:16 PM
I got to see it for a bit at a friends house and I left to buy it and play it on my PC. Im totally sold, fun as hell. Im not too far, the second stage that is a trainyard. One of my hostages keeps getting shot so Ive gone through it a couple times now. That trainyard level is what I love though.... I bust out a sniper rifle, tell my team to wait at the beginning and pick people off. Of course I call my team for the hostage part, but I love creeping and sniping.