WTFDetroit.com

View Full Version : Mike Shanahan

Glenn
11-13-2006, 12:51 PM
I know that Shanny's got a reputation as a head case, or at minimum, an egomaniac, but what's this guy's deal?

Anybody know why Mike Bell was inactive yesterday after looking like a stud the past few weeks?

The rat signed a RB off the practice squad to rub a little more salt into Bell's wounds (oh, that's right, he didn't have wounds, he was a healthy scratch).

Damn near lost to the Raiders.

Glenn
11-13-2006, 01:41 PM
One of the radio hosts with whom I do a Sunday morning segment in Philadelphia called Mike Shanahan the "Saddam Hussein of fantasy football." (That's harsh, Pat.) Shanahan didn't even dress Mike Bell, presumably because Tatum Bell's toes were feeling better, and Shanny also neglected to bring Cedric Cobbs with him. It was all Tatum, all the time against the Raiders, with Damien Nash as his backup. Neither guy did much against Oakland (Bell: 14 carries, 37 yards; Nash: four carries, 14 yards). The larger point is it's well nigh impossible to guess what'll happen next week. I, for one, am glad not to have invested in any of these players.

Fool
11-13-2006, 02:08 PM
"nigh impossible"? Who is he Captain Jack Sparrow?

UberAlles
11-14-2006, 01:07 PM
"nigh impossible"? Who is he Captain Jack Sparrow?
I'm Captain Jack Sparrow, savvy?