WTFDetroit.com

View Full Version : Expansion Team vs. Keeping the Lions

MoTown
09-26-2006, 02:11 PM
Here's a scenario to consider.

You have two choices as a fan - you can keep the Lions and their historied franchise here with the Ford's owning it for all of eternity

-or-

You could get an expansion team to start over. The kicker is that you would have to wait 3-5 years before the team is here, leaving you without pro-football in Detroit in that time.

Think about it - how much do you love football and how much do you hate the Lions?

Hermy
09-26-2006, 03:07 PM
Expansion. No doubt, supposing its like CLE and they are the expansion "Detroit Lions".

Glenn
09-26-2006, 03:23 PM
Wouldn't there have to be a city that would actually take the existing Lions first?

I suppose all the players could be ritualistically killed and then the team could be contracted.

Just thinking out loud, though.

MoTown
09-26-2006, 03:46 PM
The Los Angeles Lions has a nice ring to it.

L.A. has proven that they are big into football, right?

Glenn
09-26-2006, 03:50 PM
They already have smog, horrible traffic and Kato Kaelin, isn't that enough tragedy?

~cue Denny McLain singing Randy Newman's "I Love L.A."~

edit: I voted "keep". Having them around is just too damn entertaining to give up.

BigggChris04
09-28-2006, 10:22 AM
Keeping the Lions without a doubt
Theres no way I can go 3-5years without it
Hell I cant go off season
And no matter how sorry we get, I CANT STOP WATCHING
Maybe Im jus stupid

WTFchris
09-28-2006, 07:40 PM
I would keep the lions, but provided that Millen is gone. An expansion team would be farther behind in any rebuilding process, unless Millen keeps handicapping this team. IF Millen really is here another 5 years, I vote expansion.

Train Wreck
09-28-2006, 09:31 PM
I heard that Grand Rapids wanted a Professional Football team but the NFL said No because than Detroit would want one as well.....

MoTown
09-28-2006, 10:42 PM
Chris... getting rid of Millen would do nothing - Millen is just a scapegoat for the bigger problem - Ford. The only way the Lions make the playoffs EVER again is if they get rid of Ford. That's not happening, so get rid of the Lions.

The Houston Texans will be in the playoffs before the Lions. Count on it. So give Detroit an expansion team.

detroitsportscity
09-29-2006, 11:24 AM
I vote that we pull a Browns/Ravens.

Lions become the LA Renegades or some shit, and we get an expansion team in a couple years.

micknugget
09-29-2006, 11:57 AM
I vote that we keep the Lions but get Ford to sell the team. That way we can get a fresh start quicker than 3-5 years.

lospistones
10-02-2006, 11:22 AM
The Lions are screwed all the way to the top of the organization.
Not just coaches, not just Millen, but the owners as well. We have such a losing atmosphere in Detroit that virtually nothing can change it. Mike Williams, arguably the best player in his draft, is not playing. Cory Bradford, signed to a 2 million dollar bonus, is cut after THREE games. Joey Harrington would rather be a BACKUJP on a 1-3 team that START here. I could go on.

I'd rather go a few years without football (I mean, what are we going to miss, 12 wins and 36 losses?) and start over fresh.