WTFDetroit.com

View Full Version : Tigers vs White Sox (9/18 - 9/20)

Matt
09-19-2006, 07:17 AM
Tigers win last night, 8-2. Ordonez was pimptastic last night, with two homers.

http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20060919/capt.168bff67a0c74a6c8bcd5577f06d2e26.tigers_white _sox_baseball_cxs114.jpg

MoTown
09-19-2006, 08:16 AM
HUGE win last night. They need to come up big tonight though. The Tigers have won game one in the last 10 or so series. It's games 2 and 3 that they struggle with.

Fool
09-19-2006, 09:31 AM
^Agreed. But its nice that a sweep is out of the question. Watching the entire stadium leave after Inge's homerun was funny.

In the begining of the season I loved watching Rodney because the Tigers always won and he always seemed to make it hard on himself yet still get out of the situation. It was like he didn't even try until there was a man on and he was down in the count to the second hitter, as though just getting three guys out wasn't a big enough challenge. Since he struggled in the middle of the season and the Tigers have been wasting their lead away I can't stand to watch the guy out there. I still think there's something cool about him, but his outings aren't fun to sit through anymore.

b-diddy
09-19-2006, 11:44 PM
after the highs of last night, tonight is almost equally low.

another game where the batters just ?

tonight we got ~100 pitches out of garcia through 8 innings. compare that to the yankees, who didnt have a particularly special night, but managed to take 163 pitches. i mean, this isnt exactly rocket science. make the pitcher work. not only does it wear him down, but you might actually familiarize yourself with a few of his pitches.

i know im in the minority here, but i just dont see the mental toughness or leadership from the batters. i've heard the book say pudge is a good leader. but wasnt pudge the guy that damn near mutineed against the last coach? the guy thats always had a rep for being selfish and a prima dona?

i like pudge in the field, but i hate having him in the middle of our lineup.

in the offseason, i really hope we retool this offense. i like whoever's idea of moving guillen to first, and hopefully adding tejada. i'd also love to pick up a big bat for right field, and make magglio our everyday DH. i dont think theres a question that he cant field every day anymore.

add 2 more bats, and pudge can bat 6th or 7th, and then i dont care if he swings at the first pitch everytime.

DrRay11
09-20-2006, 11:11 PM
Good game, apparently, but we fucking can't get Minny to lose.

b-diddy
09-21-2006, 12:30 AM
yea, this win was big. i'd say its a coin flip going down the stretch. we need to beat up som chumps, and we need chicago to step it up against minny.

MoTown
09-21-2006, 09:13 AM
Also, maybe Boston should not roll over and die like a bunch of pussies. They're in danger of getting swept at home. What happened to the "It's so hard to win away at Fenway" approach.

Boston blows nuts.