WTFDetroit.com

View Full Version : OGT: Lions Preseason Opener vs. Broncos (Fri 8/11, 7:30p, UPN50)

Hank in Chains
08-08-2006, 06:09 AM
Jon Kitna's drive for 2006 MVP starts in a few days.

Be watching, bitches. :cool: [smilie=rofl.gif]

Matt
08-11-2006, 10:12 AM
[smilie=liones.gif]

[smilie=greenapple.:[smilie=greenapple.:

Glenn
08-11-2006, 10:23 AM
Got OGT?

Or at least TV time/station details.

Anthony
08-11-2006, 12:49 PM
The road to another losing season begins here.

Matt
08-11-2006, 01:11 PM
The road to another losing season begins here.

it's hard to believe that 3 of 4 of our pro sports teams enjoyed so much regular season success. if the Lions can put together some semblance of a season, what a crazy year.....

Glenn
08-11-2006, 06:17 PM
I'm interested to see Martz' play calling, even if it's usually just vanilla in the preseason.

Hopefully he's not worn out from doing this all day in the hallways of the practice facility.

http://www.sptimes.com/2002/01/28/photos/sports-martz.jpg
TOUCHDOWN LIONS!!

UberAlles
08-11-2006, 07:29 PM
Kitna said they had 130 passing plays in for 1st and 2nd down. Another 30 for 3rd down, and 30 for goal line was assumed.

Also said that the Bengals would bring a fraction of that into a game.

The question is, can Kitna throw the Moonball with any accuracy, and how many of those 1st and 2nd down plays are planned check downs to Shawn Bryson? [smilie=paca.gif][smilie=paca.gif][smilie=paca.gif][smilie=paca.gif][smilie=paca.gif][smilie=paca.gif][smilie=paca.gif]

Anthony
08-12-2006, 12:35 AM
I put 0 stock into preseason, but I was really impressed with DAN ORLOVSKY

Hank in Chains
08-12-2006, 05:01 AM
I put 0 stock into preseason, but I was really impressed with DAN ORLOVSKY

Hell yes! The interception was BAD, but other than that, I thought Orlovsky played a great game. He sure looked a lot more confident than he did last year in the preseason. Really, the whole team looked confident and ready to play. If the Lions are smart, they'll give Orlovsky another year on the bench and let him challenge for the starting job in '07.

Great game... hell, even my buddy Glenn caught a pass.

FillyCheezeSteak
08-12-2006, 01:48 PM
Hank........you know Glenn? I went to school with Glenn and had him in a few classes along with John DiGorgio who was in camp with the Bills and I sat behind Todd Hermans who is the backup left tackle for the Eagles. It wasn't fun having a 6'7" cat sitting in front of you when your teacher uses powerpoint.

JickBoy34
08-12-2006, 03:07 PM
I think Heremans is the starting LG now, but I could be mistaken.

Moodini31
08-12-2006, 04:58 PM
Hank, give us some background man. There's a lot of Sagnasty cats on here. How old are you, where did you go to school?

BTW, I'm lapping up the Lions' cornbread after last night. KJ looks like a stunna, Ernie Sims was everywhere rocking cats (and not getting concussions), I even got hyped enough to take Kitna in my fantasy draft. That could be a baaaaaaad choice.

Hank in Chains
08-12-2006, 06:18 PM
Hank........you know Glenn?

We weren't really close friends, but I did talk with him quite a bit while he was still at SVSU. When I started there in '02, I roomed with a guy who was on the team and Glenn was always over at our place. I'm pretty sure I kicked his ass at Madden at least a couple of times LOL. He's a good guy. Last time I saw him, it was the year after he had tried to make the Steelers and had been picked up by the Lions... right before they sent him to NFL Europe. I asked him how he liked Steelers camp and he said it was a blast, and that he was looking forward to going into camp with Lions. Seems weird that they have him wearing Herman Moore's number now. I really hope he catches on somewhere... it was good to see him play last night.

Hank in Chains
08-12-2006, 06:22 PM
Hank, give us some background man. There's a lot of Sagnasty cats on here. How old are you, where did you go to school?

Just turned 26. I'm originally from Hart, which is between Ludington and Muskegon. I graduated from HS over there in '98, took a few years off, and then started at SVSU in the winter of '02. Finished up my degree (English major, History minor) in the fall of '05, and am now in their post-grad accelerated teacher certification program with Jethro. We're both starting our student teaching at Arthur Hill in a couple of weeks.

Hank in Chains
08-12-2006, 06:24 PM
I think Heremans is the starting LG now, but I could be mistaken.

I think so too. He played a lot for the Eagles last year, and I guess his role with the team is just going to get bigger.

Moodini31
08-13-2006, 11:14 PM

Just turned 26. I'm originally from Hart, which is between Ludington and Muskegon. I graduated from HS over there in '98, took a few years off, and then started at SVSU in the winter of '02. Finished up my degree (English major, History minor) in the fall of '05, and am now in their post-grad accelerated teacher certification program with Jethro. We're both starting our student teaching at Arthur Hill in a couple of weeks.

Coo. I may have seen you around SVSU a few times, I graduated from there in winter of '03.

Glenn
08-14-2006, 09:15 AM
So Jay Cutler looks pretty good. I suppose that is how a highly drafted QB is supposed to look, huh?

I wonder how long until the Jake Plummer suicide watch begins?

Cutler has the job by week 6, IMO.

Also...
http://www.sptimes.com/2002/01/28/photos/sports-martz.jpg
TOUCHDOWN LIONS!!

Glenn
08-14-2006, 09:21 AM
Here's Martz, apparently expecting rain/high winds inside Ford Field. Tell me that's not a slicker.

http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/sp/getty/65/full.getty-71566955tp010_brncs_lions_11_25_47_pm.jpg

And since when has Mel Gibson been our GM? It's good to see that he doesn't have that "deer in headlights" look anymore.

http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20060808/capt.2b64fb76d58b49c183393f5a4acf8efb.nfl_commissi oner_ilmg102.jpg
http://cache.defamer.com/hollywood/mel-gibson-beard2.jpg

Fool
08-14-2006, 09:39 AM
Damn he got grey (not Martz)! He looks like my rabbi.

Glenn
08-14-2006, 09:46 AM
Which one looks like your rabbi, Gibson or Millen?

It might be fun to try and caption that pic, look at the guy walking with Millen. Check out the look on his face. It's like he's embarassed to be seen with MM or something.

Back to Martz, maybe "smock" is a better description for that thing.

b-diddy
08-14-2006, 12:31 PM
i wonder if thats how everyone is around millen. i mean, would you want to be seen with him? the dudes probably looking out for snipers.

and i like fool's call. it does look like he's become a man of god. this could only bode well for the lions.

Fool
08-14-2006, 01:56 PM
Which one looks like your rabbi, Gibson or Millen?

It might be fun to try and caption that pic, look at the guy walking with Millen. Check out the look on his face. It's like he's embarassed to be seen with MM or something.

Back to Martz, maybe "smock" is a better description for that thing.
Millen. Though I'm not Jewish so I suppose I'm just saying he looks like a rabbi.
As for the God aspect in general, perhaps he reaching out to Kitna?

And Glenn, it certainly hangs like a smock (nice pull).

Glenn
08-14-2006, 02:37 PM
Maybe he did some painting after the game?

(Also Millen is uber religious himself, so it's not a ploy to appease Kitna, IMO)

Fool
08-14-2006, 02:45 PM
Millen is uber religious?

No wonder he hated Johnnie Morton so much.