WTFDetroit.com

View Full Version : Who are the 6 worst teams in the NFL?

Glenn
07-31-2006, 09:24 AM
Should be fun to look back on after the season.

Niners
Jets
Titans
Bills
Texans
Raiders

edit: changed the thread title from 5 to 6 because I think these 6 are that bad

Black Dynamite
07-31-2006, 05:10 PM
lions, titans, browns, niners, texans, saints

though i'll change my list by week 3 i'm guessing. too hard to tell right now. My original list was going to include every nfc north team besides the bears. but theres worse out there.

Jethro34
08-01-2006, 01:36 AM
While those teams all have a legit shot at being worse than Detroit, the Niners are the only one I can guarantee will be worse. I'll have to think about it some more.

Anthony
08-01-2006, 09:41 AM
I second Gutz list.

Glenn
08-01-2006, 10:21 AM
I think the Bills are every bit as bad as those other teams, can you guys explain why you feel otherwise?

Darth Thanatos
08-01-2006, 10:33 AM
The Bills have a good running game and respectable defense, something those other teams do not have. They're still below average overall.

Glenn
08-01-2006, 11:38 AM
The Bills have a good running game* and respectable defense**, something those other teams do not have. They're still below average overall.

2005-06 Buffalo Defensive Ranks**
Total YPG (29th)
Rush YPG (31st)
Pass YPG (19th)
PPG allowed (24th)

2005-06 Buffalo Offensive Ranks
Total YPG (28th)
Rush YPG (20th)*
Pass YPG (29th)
PPG scored (24th)

They lost Lawyer Milloy and Sam Adams on their defense, and hired the mastermind that is Dick Jauron.

So I'm struggling to see where the improvement comes from. Their running game is killed by their inability to throw the ball downfield, somthing that Kelly Holcomb or JP Losman won't likely fix.

Jethro34
08-01-2006, 11:45 AM
I don't think McGahee and Losman could possibly have worse years than they did last year.(Willis wasn't horrible, he just rarely saw the endzone and needs to get more than 3.8 yards per) They have talent at the skill positions. Lee Evans could have a big year. Peerless returning could provide detailed evidence of just how bad Vick is as a QB.
Besides, how bad can a team with Aaron Gibson on it really be?

As for their defense, you pointed out who they lost. Don't underestimate Takeo Spikes returning from injury. He is a stud. Their first 5 draft picks were all on the defensive side. While several were a reach, they will fill some holes and make an impact.

Darth Thanatos
08-01-2006, 11:49 AM
20th in rushing, which is better than any other team that was listed. Ask yourself this: Would you rather have Willis McGahee, or any of the running backs that are starting for futile teams? If you can name more than one I'd eat my hat.

Those defensive stats are also skewed because they had a key injury to Takeo Spikes, a pretty damn good defensive player. Lawyer Milloy has fallen off a little and has been cut twice in the last two years. He's not a major loss. A lot of the futile teams in this thread have lost a lot more on D than Buffalo(Lions-Holmes/DW, Jets-Abraham) due to FA.

Darth Thanatos
08-01-2006, 11:50 AM
FUCK, JETHRO! :(

Glenn
08-01-2006, 11:59 AM
Well it sounds like Takeo Spikes is going to bring them back to prominence then, lol.

McGahee is fine, but Losman is garbage and that is why I don't see them improving much over the 5-11 they had last year, I won't count on 5 defensive rookies to help that much.

Just my personal opinion, but I think both Evans and Price are overrated. Price moreso than Evans.

Man, I love these threads where we can look back later either say we called it right or wrong. Personal responsibility at it's finest.

Agree to disagree gents, let's see what happens on the field.

Damn, now I need to pull against the Bills.

Jethro34
08-01-2006, 04:33 PM
Sorry bro.
And fwiw, I would rather have McGahee than Droughns, Barlow/Gore (I could go on but I would basically identify a number of RB by commitee set-ups.
Now, I wouldn't take the Bills rushing over the Raiders or Saints. I like Lamont Jordan, and I think the Deuce/Bush combo will be strong. As for the Titans, Brown/Henry/Lendale White will be interesting to watch. They could score a lot, but probably won't combine for a very good ypc. The Lions, who knows? Which Kevin Jones and co. will be there this year? Texans? A healthy Dom. Davis is underrated, but he's not healthy much. Kubiak should help the line do a better job for him.

Unibomber
08-01-2006, 09:43 PM
Lions
Saints
49ers
Bills
Browns
Packers

Jethro34
08-01-2006, 11:19 PM
Ok, I'm taking time to think this out.
1 - I really don't see much good happening for the Packers.
2 - I really don't see much good happening for the Vikings.
3 - I see very little happening for the Browns, but if they can get and keep Winslow and Edwards healthy most of the season, that could change quick.
4 - The Texans have some players but no swagger at all. Even if their offense improves, mediocre RB's can go for 200 against them any given.
5 - The Titans are having an identity crisis. They have some youth that they should hope will be the future, but not enough stop-gapping.
6 - Tie between Jets and Niners. Both need some key guys to step up in a big way to salvage a season.
8 - Tie between Raiders and Eagles.
10 - Another tie - Lions and Bills. There you have it. 11 teams that won't make the playoffs.
And yes, I have the Saints ranked higher than all 11 of these teams in my personal pre-exhibition power rankings. Swagger.

Hank in Chains
08-08-2006, 06:05 AM
Niners, Jets, and the Titans are the only guarantees to be horrible. The Lions will be at least contenders for the cellar too for another year. Same with the Vikings, Raiders, and Texans. I don't see good things happening for the Rams, Bills, or Browns either.

And as far as contenders falling, would it surprise anyone here if the Seahawks completely fell from grace?

Glenn
08-09-2006, 07:54 AM
According to Bodog's current season wins over/unders, the worst teams are:

5 wins
Titans
Niners

5.5 wins
Texans

6 wins
Jets

6.5 wins
Bills
Raiders
Browns
Packers
Saints

Jethro34
08-10-2006, 06:34 PM
Wow, has bodog heard of the Lions?

I guess thet make a good source for the Lions or Raiders thread as well.

The Texans are my sleeper pick for most improved team this year. The Saints are my logical pick for the same award.

Glenn
10-16-2006, 03:12 PM
gentle bump

Darth Thanatos
12-22-2006, 07:35 PM
Sorry for the late bump, but I've been busy with school/work/sleep to post much and I like prediction threads, so BUMPO!

Who would have thought most of the teams we listed would be competing for playoff spots? Bodog had some pretty good lines going into the season and the team with the lowest line(SF) still has a shot at winning the division.

I still think the Jets are bad. The Jets are the 5th seed in the AFC and they've looked average - below average every time I've seen them. Further proof that there should be no WC.

Zip Goshboots
12-22-2006, 09:18 PM
I'm late myself with this, but here's my list for the six worst:
1. Lions
2. Lions
3. Lions
4. Lions
5. Lions
6. Lions