WTFDetroit.com

View Full Version : Mel Gibson filled with holy "spirits" arrested..

Taymelo
07-28-2006, 10:27 PM
http://wtfdetroit.com/forums/images/smilies/welldone.gif

LOS ANGELES, California (CNN) -- Actor and director Mel Gibson was arrested Friday in Malibu, California, on suspicion of driving under the influence, according to the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Office.

Gibson, 50, was pulled over early Friday while driving on the Pacific Coast Highway, said sheriff's spokesman Steve Whitmore. Officers on patrol reported Gibson was driving at an "excessively fast speed," he said.

Gibson was taken into custody and posted $5,000 bond for his release, Whitmore said.

Gibson was not immediately available for comment.

Gibson, who acted in the "Lethal Weapon" and "Mad Max" movie series, won an Oscar for directing 1995's Oscar-winning best picture "Braveheart."

He reportedly financed the controversial movie "The Passion of the Christ" (2004), which he also directed, with $25 million of his own money. The film made $370 million at the domestic box office and ranks No. 10 on the all-time box office list. "Passion of the Christ" was nominated for three Academy Awards.

Gibson's latest movie, "Apocalypto," set in the Mayan civilization of several centuries ago, is due in December.

CNN's Albert Lewitinn contributed

JS
07-29-2006, 12:55 AM
Oscar Winner Mel Gibson Arrested For DUI
AP
MALIBU, Calif. (July 28) -- Mel Gibson was arrested early Friday for suspicion of driving under the influence, a Sheriff's Department spokesman said.

Gibson's vehicle was speeding eastbound on the Pacific Coast Highway when officers stopped him at 2:36 a.m., Sheriff's spokesman Steve Whitmore said.

Gibson, 50, was booked at the Lost Hills Sheriff's station at 4:06 a.m., according to department records. The actor-director was cited and released, Whitmore said. Bail was set at $5,000.

"The investigation is ongoing," Whitmore said. "As we would do with anyone, we don't want to release any more since the information is fragmentary."

Gibson's spokesman, Alan Nierob, said he was looking into the matter.

Gibson won a best-director Oscar for 1995's "Braveheart."

Like his 2004 religious blockbuster, "The Passion of the Christ," which was shot in Aramaic and Latin, his new film, "Apocalypto," was done in an ancient tongue, Yucatec Maya.

http://news.aol.com/entertainment/movies/articles/_a/oscar-winner-mel-gibson-arrested-for-dui/20060728161309990001?ncid=NWS00010000000001

Black Dynamite
07-29-2006, 01:35 AM
I still Don't get the Mel Gibson hate. The guy directed passion of the christ and now he's a priest? Non-issue i think. Unless he socked the officer in the mouth or did an eddie murphy transvestite escapade.

As i say this i realize i'm probally the only person here who doesnt hate Mel Gibson. [smilie=paca.gif]

JS
07-29-2006, 01:39 AM
I am not a hater I just thought the pun worked given the situation.

Black Dynamite
07-29-2006, 01:55 AM
I am not a hater I just thought the pun worked given the situation.
well i begrudgingly admit that it does.[smilie=burgerking.:

Uncle Mxy
07-29-2006, 08:27 AM
Mel Gibson is (mostly) a party-line conservative Roman Catholic, which attracts some hatred from some corners.

I dunno... the only time I hated him was when I was watching Lethal Weapon 4 and he was spending too much time on the screen at the expense of Jet Li. :)

Black Dynamite
07-29-2006, 10:26 AM
you must admit seeing jet li kick him and danny glovers ass was pretty funny.

Uncle Mxy
07-29-2006, 11:23 AM
After seeing Jet Li in the movie, I wished Mel and Danny would've just up and died already so I could see Jet Li do more kicking of ass.

Anthony
07-29-2006, 11:55 AM
The man did braveheart, how can he be hated?

DrRay11
07-29-2006, 12:48 PM
Yeah, I'm no Mel Gibson hater. He's actually a good actor.

Taymelo
07-29-2006, 01:33 PM
My Mel Gibson Hate:

His father is a disgusting and delusional piece of shit who hides behind a fake religion and goes around trying to convince people that the Holocaust never happened, that jews with tattoos numbered on their arms from the prison camps did it themselves to fake out the rest of the world, etc. etc. etc.

Some crazy, wild, terrible stuff. Its what he believes, how he lives, how he's raised his family, and what he preaches to his flock.

Mel Gibson was given many different opportunities to simply distance himself from his dad's comments - as opposed to taking sides against his father as a person.

All he had to do was say "I don't agree with my father on this particular issue, but overall he's a good guy" or something.

He refused to do so, and this was right around the time that Passion came out.

Tell me how that looks? The world comes to find out their favorite actor was raised to believe jews are slime and made up the Holocaust, and then at the same time this guy refuses to disavow it, and also at the same time this guy produces a film showing Christ suffer and bleed horribly for hours as a result of the actions of the jews.

Add it all up.

Stick a fork in him. He's finished in Hollywood - or at least knocked down many a peg on the Hollywood ladder. I don't think its a coincidence that the last two films he's done have been in foreign languages.

He's lucky he made a hundred bazillion gazillion pamillion dollars on Passion, b/c he won't get any more $20 million per film paydays in Hollywood, IMO.

Hermy
07-29-2006, 01:41 PM
And he drives drunk, endangering people's lives.

Black Dynamite
07-29-2006, 01:58 PM
Yes he's evil. :rolleyes:

Is there anybody you DON'T like taymelo that isnt on the decline in your mind?[smilie=reporter.gi:
Funny thing is that your hate probally only derives from the Passion of the christ line that i still dont think is anti sematic in the least bit. And his fathers antics. after that gets in your head everything seems hate worthy from then on.

JS
07-29-2006, 04:13 PM
Why is it that every thread becomes about bullshit, I am so fucking sick and tired of the in your face bullshit about everything. It was meant to be an Off topic thread about DWI, not about how Jesus was killed or How Mel Gibson hates Jews. If I wanted to make it a political discussion I would have put it there. I am so sick of it, the whole fucking world is evil and everyone hates somebody.

Anthony
07-29-2006, 04:16 PM
Tay should lose his syndicate powers....[smilie=escape.gif]

Driving Drunk is obviously wrong.

Taymelo
07-29-2006, 04:27 PM
I still Don't get the Mel Gibson hate. The guy directed passion of the christ and now he's a priest? Non-issue i think. Unless he socked the officer in the mouth or did an eddie murphy transvestite escapade.

As i say this i realize i'm probally the only person here who doesnt hate Mel Gibson. [smilie=paca.gif]

JS:

I'm not trying to start a political debate, or get people to argue.

I was responding to a very specific question.

I was informing Gutz where a lot of the Mel Gibson hate comes from, because he asked where all the Mel Gibson hate comes from.

And I don't apologize for being upset that he doesn't disavow what his father says about the Holocaust never happening, about all the european jews who allegedly died in the Holocaust really just moving out of Europe and into Brooklyn, about how they tattoo themselves for sympathy and to fake like they were in the Holocaust, about how all the world's problems are caused by rich jews, etc. That's what his father says. Don't blame ME for it.

Black Dynamite
07-29-2006, 04:29 PM
Why is it that every thread becomes about bullshit, I am so fucking sick and tired of the in your face bullshit about everything. It was meant to be an Off topic thread about DWI, not about how Jesus was killed or How Mel Gibson hates Jews. If I wanted to make it a political discussion I would have put it there. I am so sick of it, the whole fucking world is evil and everyone hates somebody.
Js no one was serious. relax man. Well maybe Taymelo was. but he's a lawyer(yes that will explain everything somehow).[smilie=paca.gif]

I just remember a mel gibson thread where he got bashed alot. maybe it wasnt as many haters as i thought. either way i'm going to get a cup of whiskey and ride through livonia until someone locks me up.[smilie=burgerking.:

DennyMcLain
07-29-2006, 04:41 PM
Everybody here is a Bunch of Punks®.

So what if Gibson pulled a DUI? Half of Hollywood is drunk three quarters of the time, and one quarter of that time they're either behind the wheel or somewhere in public doing something stupid. He's a family man who's made his mark in film, as both an actor AND as a director/producer.

He's had a clean record up to this point (at least "paper" clean), and nobody said SHIT about his dad until "Passion" came out. Obviously, his father's been around quite a while, and Gibson's been around quite a while, and more than likely his dad was a "well-known secret" within Hollywood circles. Many in Hollywood have their "dark family secrets", as do many of us.

I'm certain many on this board have parents they're either ashamed of or detatched from. Ask them if they see them as role models, if they'd like to be "just like them". I'm certain the answer will be a resounding "no". And why did Gibson say nothing about his dad? Well, that's between him and his handlers. Being a high mucky muck in Hollywood is likened to a Senator or Governor -- you don't run your life insofar as your "cabinet" runs your life.

With talk like that, Taymelo, you're never going to get past New Hampshire.[smilie=rofl.gif]

Anthony
07-29-2006, 05:07 PM
....I loved what women want.

Taymelo
07-29-2006, 07:12 PM
Again, all jews were looking for was for him to say "I don't agree with my dad on the whole Holocaust not happening and jews being the devil... but overall he's a great father and he raised me quite well."

Something like that would have been great, and Denny, don't you think that's something his handlers would have suggested to him, and perhaps he REFUSED to say? Given what you seem to know about Hollywood, don't you think his handlers wanted him to disavow it?

And a couple more things (apparently in my defense):

1. Many people, apparently like Gutz before this discussion, didn't know where the Mel hate came from, and many thought it was JUST because he made Passion of the Christ. I don't give a shit about Passion. I'm pissed he didn't disavow his father's beliefs about jews. This thread is important, in that it educated people on where the Mel hate actually comes from.

2. JS, you're not the only one that started "this thread". This thread contains two different threads - one you started, and one I started in the Politics/Science/Religion forum. Someone (not me) merged my Gibson thread into this one in OT. So, I knew this could get political, and put it in the right forum, someone moved it, and now its not my fault that political discussion has broken out in the OT forum and into your lap.

3. No hard feelings on my part, and I'm sure not yours either.

Cheers.

Black Dynamite
07-29-2006, 07:25 PM
1. Many people, apparently like Gutz before this discussion, didn't know where the Mel hate came from, and many thought it was JUST because he made Passion of the Christ. I don't give a shit about Passion. I'm pissed he didn't disavow his father's beliefs about jews. This thread is important, in that it educated people on where the Mel hate actually comes from.

ummmm i stated the father part too. But nonetheless he doesn't owe you what you're asking for. Its his father and not him. If it were me i wouldnt spill my difference of opinion with my father into the media either. Its a thought process like what you're thinking that helps give tv and media so much power. You seem to think his lack of beefing with his old as dirt pops is a bad message to to people. but anybody trying to get a message out of that is an idiot IMHO. i do apologize for saying so. Either way his father is the town idiot and you hate him for not embarrassing him anymore than he already embarrasses himself saying the silly shit he says.

either way go watch braveheart and you'll feel better about everything in life.

Taymelo
07-29-2006, 07:28 PM
LOS ANGELES, California (CNN) -- Actor and director Mel Gibson issued a statement on Saturday, apologizing to deputies for his "belligerent behavior" when he was arrested on suspicion of DUI in Malibu the day before.

Gibson said that he has "battled the disease of alcoholism for all of my adult life and profoundly regret my horrific relapse," according to the statement.

Gibson, 50, was pulled over Friday on the scenic Pacific Coast Highway after "deputies were alerted by their radar that his speed was above the posted limit," according to a news release from the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department. (Watch how the arrest casts a different spotlight on Gibson -- 1:28)

When officers approached Gibson they smelled alcohol on his breath, and a Breathalyzer test showed that his blood-alcohol content was 0.12, the sheriff's department release said. The California legal limit is 0.08.

He was taken into custody and later posted $5,000 bond for his release, said sheriff's spokesman Steve Whitmore.

The police did not charge him with driving under the influence because it's the district attorney's duty to decide if the arrest merits charges.

In his statement, Gibson acknowledges that he had been drinking Thursday night and that "I did a number of things that were very wrong and for which I am ashamed. I drove a car when I should not have. ... I feel fortunate that I was apprehended before I caused injury to any other person."

"I acted like a person completely out of control when I was arrested and said things that I do not believe to be true and which are despicable," the statement said. "I am deeply ashamed of everything I said."

He added: "Also, I take this opportunity to apologize to the deputies involved for my belligerent behavior. They have always been there for me in my community and indeed probably saved me from myself. I disgraced myself and my family with my behavior and for that I am truly sorry."

Gibson further said he has long battled alcoholism, and "I apologize for any behavior unbecoming of me in my inebriated state and have already taken necessary steps to ensure my return to health."

Gibson, who acted in the "Lethal Weapon" and "Mad Max" movie series, won an Oscar for directing 1995's Oscar-winning best picture "Braveheart."

He reportedly financed the controversial movie "The Passion of the Christ" (2004), which he also directed, with $25 million of his own money.

The film made $370 million at the domestic box office and ranks No. 10 on the all-time box office list. "The Passion of the Christ" was nominated for three Academy Awards.

Gibson's latest movie, "Apocalypto," set in the Mayan civilization of several centuries ago, is due in December.

CNN's Albert Lewitinn contributed to this report.

Damn.

I'd love to see a transcript of what he said.

Was it the Ed Belfour "I'll pay you a billion dollars to let me go", or the ever popular "DO you KNOW who I AM???", or was it the "I make more in an hour than you will in your life"?

DennyMcLain
07-29-2006, 08:12 PM
Again, all jews were looking for was for him to say "I don't agree with my dad on the whole Holocaust not happening and jews being the devil... but overall he's a great father and he raised me quite well."

Something like that would have been great, and Denny, don't you think that's something his handlers would have suggested to him, and perhaps he REFUSED to say? Given what you seem to know about Hollywood, don't you think his handlers wanted him to disavow it?

And a couple more things (apparently in my defense):

2. JS, you're not the only one that started "this thread". This thread contains two different threads - one you started, and one I started in the Politics/Science/Religion forum. Someone (not me) merged my Gibson thread into this one in OT. So, I knew this could get political, and put it in the right forum, someone moved it, and now its not my fault that political discussion has broken out in the OT forum and into your lap.

3. No hard feelings on my part, and I'm sure not yours either.

Cheers.

In the end, he's just another fucking actor.[smilie=burgerking.:

Uncle Mxy
07-29-2006, 08:51 PM
Mel Gibson was given many different opportunities to simply distance himself from his dad's comments - as opposed to taking sides against his father as a person.

All he had to do was say "I don't agree with my father on this particular issue, but overall he's a good guy" or something.
That would be taking sides against his father, though. No matter how he answers the "how do you feel about what your dad said" question, he loses:

- He defends his dad, comes across like an idiot
- He attacks his dad, comes across like an asshole
- He says nothing, comes across like a cold bitch

FWIW, I have a crazy dad. I definitely have some empathy for the situation.

Stick a fork in him. He's finished in Hollywood - or at least knocked down many a peg on the Hollywood ladder. I don't think its a coincidence that the last two films he's done have been in foreign languages.

He's lucky he made a hundred bazillion gazillion pamillion dollars on Passion, b/c he won't get any more $20 million per film paydays in Hollywood, IMO.
Dick Donner's directing him in his 7th buddy movie, Sam And George. Their first six buddy movies each took in >$100 million and made money. Somehow, I think there's another big payday in Mel's future.

Black Dynamite
07-29-2006, 08:58 PM
Mel has too many friends who respect him in important places(richard donner being a big friend and supporter). he won't ever have trouble finding work. and some seem to forget he's doing these foreign films on his own artistic film making reprieve. he definately isnt being forced to.

Taymelo
07-29-2006, 09:07 PM

ummmm i stated the father part too. But nonetheless he doesn't owe you what you're asking for. Its his father and not him. If it were me i wouldnt spill my difference of opinion with my father into the media either. Its a thought process like what you're thinking that helps give tv and media so much power. You seem to think his lack of beefing with his old as dirt pops is a bad message to to people. but anybody trying to get a message out of that is an idiot IMHO. i do apologize for saying so. Either way his father is the town idiot and you hate him for not embarrassing him anymore than he already embarrasses himself saying the silly shit he says.

either way go watch braveheart and you'll feel better about everything in life.

Gutz, you're missing my point, entirely.

Its grown obvious to me, by his actions, that he feels the same exact way his father does...

and so FUCK HIM!!!@#!@$!@#

Black Dynamite
07-29-2006, 09:10 PM
Gutz, you're missing my point, entirely.

Its grown obvious to me, by his actions, that he feels the same exact way his father does...

and so FUCK HIM!!!@#!@$!@#
you never drop one word to prove that theory. Thats your own opinion. dont be surprised if you have trouble selling it. if that was your point then everyone missed it.

Either way i know you have the "if i hate you , i hate you no matter what" gene, so i wont get into this any further. I'll just say that you're entitled to your theory, but i dont see that at all.

Taymelo
07-29-2006, 09:13 PM
In the end, he's just another fucking actor.[smilie=burgerking.:

True enough.

But I look at it this way.

If he was, after a 20 year career, showing his true stripes and/or kinda lost it late in life to become a radical whacko islamist, then he'd be deported in the post 9/11 world.

Instead, he's shown his true stripes and/or kinda lost it late in life to become a radical whacko christian... and he's losing some box office power.

Big deal.

He should count himself as lucky to be an extremist for the religion in power around here.

Uncle Mxy
07-29-2006, 09:38 PM
He's clearly nuts. He didn't marry someone who subscribes to his faith and thinks his wife may be going to hell as a consequence. You don't need to know anything in particular about his father to conclude there's fucked-up stuff about him.

-but-

Mel Gibson's not pushing his beliefs on me. His particular beliefs aren't an imposition on the world the same way, say, Scientology is. He's not a total pod-person tool, either. He opposed to the war on Iraq from the get-go, in contrast to most folks with his beliefs.

He's got problems right now, he's being contrite, and hopefully he'll go on and be in more decent movies, because that's how best to appreciate him.

DennyMcLain
07-29-2006, 10:11 PM
Mel Gibson, STILL better than Ann Coulter.

Mel Gibson, STILL better than Stephen Baldwin.

Mel Gibson, STILL better than Anna Nicole Smith.

Mel Gibson and Tom Cruise... DRAW.

He's got a long way to go to be Numero Uno Kingpin Nutbag.

Taymelo
07-30-2006, 08:40 AM
I agree with Denny.

Mel Gibson's Dad Rants Against Jews

By United Press International
February 19, 2004

NEW YORK -- Mel Gibson's 85-year-old father called a New York radio talk show, ranting about Jewish conspiracies and calling the Holocaust a lie.

"(Jewish people) are after one world religion and one world government," Hutton Gibson, who is Roman Catholic, told Steve Feuerstein of "Speak Your Piece!" on WSNR (620 AM), the New York Daily News reported Thursday. "That's why they've attacked the Catholic Church so strongly, to ultimately take control over it by their doctrine."

Hutton Gibson also said the Holocaust did not happen.

"They claimed that there were 6.2 million (Jews) in Poland before the war, and they claimed after the war there were 200,000, therefore he must have killed 6 million of them," he said. "They simply got up and left! They were all over the Bronx and Brooklyn and Sydney, Australia, and Los Angeles."
Gibson said the Germans did not have enough gas to cremate 6 million people and that the concentration camps were just "work camps."

"It's all -- maybe not all fiction -- but most of it is," he said.

The elder Gibson, who has belittled Jews before, has particularly poor timing for his latest rant with his son's film, "The Passion of the Christ," opening Feb. 25 and already dogged by criticism it is of anti-Semitic.

Taymelo
07-30-2006, 08:56 AM
Does Mel Gibson have a Jewish problem?
Will Gibson's parents' conspiratorial musings and his new film fuel anti-Semitism?

I don't know why anyone should be concerned about anti-Semitic remarks made by the parents of Hollywood star Mel Gibson. After all, according to recent polls, an overwhelming majority of the public pay no mind to what Hollywood celebrities say. And if the public doesn't care what the stars themselves say, who would give a rats ass about some ill-chosen remarks by a stars' parents?

Obviously, there is something very troubling about the Gibson Family message. But there is something even more disturbing about Mel Gibson's recent foray into Catholic Church-building and crucifixion filmmaking.

Gibson has been the darling of conservatives long before his historically-challenged film, "The Patriot" whitewashed the American Revolution: He has been stalwart in his opposition to abortion; he favors capital punishment; has opposed birth control; and has occasionally put his foot in his mouth over gay and lesbian issues.

"They take it up the ass," Gibson told the Spanish publication El Pais in a January 1992 interview, as he bent over and pointed to his rear-end. "This is only for taking a shit," he said.

When asked by interviewer Koro Castellano about working with gays while studying at the School of Dramatic Arts, Gibson added: "They were good people, kind, I like them. But their thing is not my thing." Castellano said, "But you were obsessed with the thought that if you were an actor, people would confuse you with one of them."

"Yes," Gibson admitted, "but I did it. I became an actor despite that. But with this look, who's going to think I'm gay? It would be hard to take me for someone like that. Do I sound like a homosexual?" he asked. "Do I talk like them? Do I move like them? What happens is when you're an actor, they stick that label on you," Gibson said. "I go from playing rugby one week to taking dance classes in black leotards the next. Many of the girls that I met in school took it for granted that I was gay."

Gibson's Catholicism

The Gibson controversy grows in part out of a report that the actor had recently completed the building of a church in near Malibu that caters to a revisionist version of Catholicism. According to the New York Times, "the church is operated by a nonprofit corporation; according to public financial records, Gibson is its director, chief executive officer and sole benefactor, making more than $2.8 million in contributions over the past three years."

News about the new church came on the heels of reports about the actor/director's latest film project -- the making of "The Passion" which, according to ABC News, is "rooted in a theological movement known as Catholic traditionalism that seeks to return the faith to its pre-1962 period, before the Pope issued what is known as Vatican II, a series of proclamations that did away with the notion that Jews were responsible for the crucifixion of Jesus."

Gibson's theology, writes Christopher Noxon in the New York Times, "is a strain of Catholicism rooted in the dictates of a 16th-century papal council and nurtured by a splinter group of conspiracy-minded Catholics, mystics, monarchists and disaffected conservatives -- including a seminary dropout and rabble-rousing theologist who also happens to be Mel Gibson's father."

In the 1992 El Pais interview, Gibson said that "For 1,950 years [the church] does one thing and then in the 60s, all of a sudden they turn everything inside out and begin to do strange things that go against the rules.

"Everything that had been heresy is no longer heresy, according to the [new] rules. We [Catholics] are being cheated. ... The church has stopped being critical. It has relaxed. I don't believe them, and I have no intention of following their trends. It's the church that has abandoned me, not me who has abandoned it," he said.

Frederick Clarkson, the veteran right-wing researcher and author of "Eternal Hostility: The Struggle Between Theocracy and Democracy" (Common Courage Press) told WorkingForChange in an e-mail that "Traditionalist Catholics describes those who insist on practicing the Latin mass and other features of the church prior to the reforms of Vatican II. Some Traditionalists operate within the Church; others belong to a faction, the Society of Saint Pius X that has been excommunicated en mass for disobedience to the Pope. Its far right views include conspiracy theories that the Catholic Church is controlled by liberals as a result of an ancient conspiracy of Freemasons."

According to thelatinmass.com, a web site that aims "to foster devotion to the Tridentine Latin Mass and traditional forms of Roman Catholic piety, and to propagate the orthodox Faith of the Church," Gibson "attends the Tridentine Mass exclusively."

Others Traditionalists or sympathizers include: "Jeopardy" host Alex Trebek; actor James Caviezel, the star of "The Passion"; failed presidential candidate and MSNBC talk-show host Pat Buchanan who is "a longtime supporter of the traditional Latin Mass"; U.S. Supreme Court Justices Antonin Scalia and Clarence Thomas, who "attend the old Mass as well"; longtime National Review editor William F. Buckley, Jr., who "spoke of his own attachment to the Latin Mass" in an interview with PBS' Charlie Rose; and Watergate-criminal and veteran talk-radio host G. Gordon Liddy, who "has also spoken of the deficiencies of the modern liturgy on his radio show."

Meet the parents

Gibson recently told the Italian newspaper Il Giornale that his "love for religion was transmitted to me by my father." According to Christopher Noxon, Hutton Gibson is "a well-known author and activist who has railed against the Vatican for more than 30 years. His books on the topic include 'Is the Pope Catholic?' and 'The Enemy Is Here.'''

In an interview, the elder Gibson told Noxon that he "flatly rejected that Al Qaeda hijackers had anything to do with the attacks" on the World Trade Center and the Pentagon on Sept. 11. "Anybody can put out a passenger list," the elder Gibson said. "So what happened?" Noxon asked. "They were crashed by remote control," said Gibson.

Gibson's father, with his mother Joye apparently in agreement, also claimed that the Holocaust never happened. "Go and ask an undertaker or the guy who operates the crematorium what it takes to get rid of a dead body," Hutton Gibson told Noxon. "It takes one liter of petrol and 20 minutes. Now six million?" The myth of the Holocaust was, the Gibson family contended, a plot between Adolph Hitler and "financiers" to get the Jews out of Germany and into the Middle East where they could confront the Arabs. Joye Gibson added that there "weren't even that many Jews in all of Europe."

'The Passion'

According to press accounts, "The Passion," currently being shot in Italy, purports to be the story of the final 12 hours of Jesus' life. The film is based upon the diaries of St. Anne Catherine Emmerich (1774-1824) as collected in the book, "The Dolorous Passion of Our Lord Jesus Christ." This is Gibson’s first directing effort since he won an Oscar for "Braveheart," In "The Passion," the actors will speak only Aramaic and Latin and there will be no subtitles. On January 17, Gibson appeared on Fox News Channel's "The O'Reilly Factor" to respond to what O'Reilly claimed were people "who want to discredit" him "because he's making a pro-Christian film."

Jack Engelhard, a best-selling novelist whose book "Indecent Proposal" inspired the blockbuster movie of the same name starring Robert Redford and Demi Moore, saw Gibson and a clip of the film on the O'Reilly program. In an op-ed column for Comteqcom.com, Engelhard was disturbed that Gibson "depicts the crucifixion in a most bloody, gruesome manner. Nothing is left to the imagination or to good taste. Gibson conceded, gladly, that it's never been done so vividly before. He's very proud of showing the suffering it all its minute-by-minute horror."

According to Engelhard, Gibson came on with O'Reilly "mainly to denounce alleged media harassment. Apparently -- as was disclosed on the show -- one or more news types have been checking up on Gibson, going over his background, supposedly hounding his 85-year-old father. This is standard procedure when a moviemaker, or any public person, goes into something so controversial -- people want to know where he's been.

"It's called research," writes Engelhard.

"But using O'Reilly as his platform, Gibson envisions something sinister about the research into his background. The New York Post points to the New York Times as 'leading the Gibson investigation.' It needs to be emphasized that nobody on O'Reilly said it was 'the Jews' and, in fact, a follow-up segment the next day blamed the 'secular' media for anti-Christian bias."

Gibson has whined about being persecuted before. In 1997, best-selling author Patricia Nell Warren wrote that Gibson complained of being "chased by automobiles doing dangerous things on the freeway. People have tried to spit on me. It's made me totally paranoid." His "paranoia," wrote Warren, was "due to the Gibson-watch being done by GLAAD and other human-rights activists in the gay community."

Bill O'Reilly and other conservative pundits have enjoyed bashing Hollywood's liberal "elite" over their anti-war political views. The gas-bags would never think to include Gibson in the mix. And while he didn't get to it during his mid-January interview, here's a Gibson quote from a 1995 Playboy interview that O'Reilly might want to delve into sometime in the future: ''There's something to do with the Federal Reserve that Lincoln did, Kennedy did and Reagan tried. I can't remember what it was. My dad told me about it. Everyone who did this particular thing that would have fixed the economy got undone. Anyway, I'll end up dead if I keep talking.''

As a survey recently reported in the Philadelphia Inquirer pointed out, "Anti-Semitism is widespread among America's young adults, with a fourth believing Jews control the media and Wall Street... Another key finding is that 37 percent of American adults, or 65 million people, continue to believe Jews were responsible for killing Jesus. ...The Christ-killer charge remains a pervasive belief."

Will Gibson's film add fuel to anti-Semitism's fire?

When O'Reilly asked Gibson whether his film might particularly upset Jews. ''It may,'' he said. ''It's not meant to. I think it's meant to just tell the truth. I want to be as truthful as possible. But when you look at the reasons why Christ came, why he was crucified -- he died for all mankind and he suffered for all mankind. So that, really, anyone who transgresses has to look at their own part or look at their own culpability.''

Come on, Gutz.

I know you don't like admitting you were wrong or even giving the other argument all that much credit, but I deserve some apologies for people PRETENDING like I'm making crap up about Gibson without any fact whatsoever, and/or am merely attributing crazy old dad's crap to Mr. Wonderful.

The facts are right there. Its about as "circumstantial" as the evidence against OJ Simpson.

The reality is Gibson hid his political beliefs in order to rise up the Hollywood ladder, and also probably he's grown more religious as he's grown older, as most human beings do, and now its clear he's a gay bashing anti-semite who believes jews killed Jesus, run the banks, control the world, and are out to get him - not that his father believes it, but that HE DOES.

For god's sake, he - being Mel Gibson, not his dad - wants the church to abandon forgiveness of jews since the 1960's, and go back to blaming them for all the world's problems.

I'll sit back and wait for people to apologize for claiming that I was punishing the son for the sins of the father.

Also, I'm moving this back to Politics/Science/ Religion, where it belongs and where I put it in the first place.

Taymelo
07-30-2006, 09:00 AM
Its his father and not him. If it were me i wouldnt spill my difference of opinion with my father into the media either. Its a thought process like what you're thinking that helps give tv and media so much power. You seem to think his lack of beefing with his old as dirt pops is a bad message to to people. but anybody trying to get a message out of that is an idiot IMHO. i do apologize for saying so. Either way his father is the town idiot and you hate him for not embarrassing him anymore than he already embarrasses himself saying the silly shit he says..

I don't mean this in a patronizing way... but thanks, Gutz for giving me the incentive to google Mel. I honestly learned a lot more about his own personal anti-semitism and religious zealotry (sp?) than I knew before.

Before I was pissed that he didn't denounce his dad. Now I'm pissed because he's spending his time and money trying to build churches for his dad to spread the kill all the jews message.

Knowledge is power. I'm now more powerful than ever. BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Black Dynamite
07-30-2006, 11:39 AM
Its his father and not him. If it were me i wouldnt spill my difference of opinion with my father into the media either. Its a thought process like what you're thinking that helps give tv and media so much power. You seem to think his lack of beefing with his old as dirt pops is a bad message to to people. but anybody trying to get a message out of that is an idiot IMHO. i do apologize for saying so. Either way his father is the town idiot and you hate him for not embarrassing him anymore than he already embarrasses himself saying the silly shit he says..

I don't mean this in a patronizing way... but thanks, Gutz for giving me the incentive to google Mel. I honestly learned a lot more about his own personal anti-semitism and religious zealotry (sp?) than I knew before.

Before I was pissed that he didn't denounce his dad. Now I'm pissed because he's spending his time and money trying to build churches for his dad to spread the kill all the jews message.

actually it sounds like you googled yourself into propaganda and long posts. you get more republican every day Tay.

Come on, Gutz.

I know you don't like admitting you were wrong or even giving the other argument all that much credit, but I deserve some apologies for people PRETENDING like I'm making crap up about Gibson without any fact whatsoever, and/or am merely attributing crazy old dad's crap to Mr. Wonderful.

I'm sorry Tay but you deserve a rehab clinic for your crack addiction. Seriously that story has alot of anti Gibson intention in it. Theres no mention of Mel Gibson saying anything outside of being influenced by his father in his faith. Doesn't say anywhere about him building churches for his father to run them.

As a survey recently reported in the Philadelphia Inquirer pointed out, "Anti-Semitism is widespread among America's young adults, with a fourth believing Jews control the media and Wall Street... Another key finding is that 37 percent of American adults, or 65 million people, continue to believe Jews were responsible for killing Jesus. ...The Christ-killer charge remains a pervasive belief."
Wow polls are great when they say the looney shyt you're on, but bs when they express a conservative looney bin theory. And how does the Philly Inquirer get their numbers man? And when did they become legit numbers for the country.

Taymelo you're nothing but a "democon", a democrat with an republican approach it seems to only follow the media in your favor.

Some of this isnt even up to date. Or maybe its skewed. A classic conservative tactic.

Some gay rights groups accused Gibson of homophobia,[citation needed] after a 1992 interview in the Spanish magazine El Pais. In the interview, when asked what he thought of gay people, he said, "They take it up the ass." Gibson then bent over and pointed to his buttocks, saying, "This is only for taking a shit." When the interviewer recalled that Gibson previously had expressed fear that people would think he is gay because he's an actor, Gibson responded by saying, "Do I sound like a homosexual? Do I talk like them? Do I move like them?". Gibson later defended his comments on Good Morning America, saying, "I don't think there's an apology necessary, and I'm certainly not giving one. [Those remarks were a response] to a direct question. If someone wants my opinion, I'll give it. What, am I supposed to lie to them?" [7][8]

In January 1997, to make amends with the gay community, Gibson hosted along with Gay and Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation (GLAAD) ten lesbian and gay filmmakers for an on-location seminar on the set of the movie Conspiracy Theory. During the seminar Gibson provided up-and-coming lesbian and gay filmmakers with an up-close and personal look into the inner workings of a major Hollywood feature film. [9]

Other groups were later angry at the depiction of a homosexual character in Braveheart. Although historians agree that the character, the Prince (later King) Edward II of England, was indeed homosexual, and also agree with what was portrayed in the movie of the King being a mere puppet of Thomas of Lancaster (though Edward's father never threw his lover out of a window, as portrayed in the movie), historians dispute the portrayal of Edward as effeminate. It should also be noted that Gibson did not write the screenplay for that film. [10][11]

Gibson was accused of homophobia once more in his movies with his portrayal of Herod Antipas in The Passion of the Christ. Antipas is portrayed as an effeminate homosexual wearing makeup and having 'boy-toys'. Although this was a common caricature of Herod in medieval Passion plays, it does not appear in the Gospels and is contrary to the historical record regarding Antipas. Although, it should be noted that Christ uses the Greek word for a "vixen," or female fox, rather than "fox" when he describes Herod in the Gospel. [12] [13] [14]
leaving 1997 out is irresponsible and proof that its just a bash job. Sorry.

i can't say he's all right. I dare not even say he's consistently sane(he is an alcoholic traditionalist after all). But if all you can post is bash job one-sided articles, then you need to move on. Because you're nothing more than a conservative. I'm glad i dont claim either side in this joke of a political system. Because it seems to fuck up your brain.

Either way Mel Gibson is a nut. But no one denies that.

its just up to everyone individually what they want to be the person mitch albom is giving a serious fuck about it?

MITCH ALBOM: The son must refute father's hateful rants

February 22, 2004

BY MITCH ALBOM
FREE PRESS COLUMNIST

My sister married a wonderful guy. His father was a Hungarian Jew.
During World War II, he and his eight brothers and sisters were imprisoned
in Nazi concentration camps. Some were killed in gas chambers. Others
were put on a boat that was deliberately sunk.

By the war's end, my brother-in-law's father was the only one left. For
years, his wife would find bread stuffed under his pillow, a habit from
Nazi starvation.

Every now and then some nut case says the Holocaust was faked. Usually,
you dismiss him as pathetic.

Last week, however, a man named Hutton Gibson told a national radio
host that the Holocaust never happened, that there were no concentration
camps, only "work camps," and that Jews basically made the whole thing
up.

Hutton Gibson is Mel Gibson's father.

So this nut case must be addressed.

Or someone like Mxy and Mykee here who understands the levity of the scenario.

I'm aware of Mel Gibson's father's words. I am also aware that he was asked to shoot down his father. I know Mel disagrees with his father's stance, but to publicly castrate his father would be disloyal. My father has said some pretty crummy things about people in the past. I've confronted him over these statements, but by no way would I publicly criticize him for the security of strangers.Mel Gibson's concern, if he were to say anything about his father's views, would be the light in which the media would present his statements. The headlines would read, "Mel Gibson thinks his father is a crazy nut." In no way should Mel sacrifice his relationship with his father to please some political powers that be. I have been touched by my father, but one should not then assume that I hold to the same perspectives as my parents.

I think it's about loyalty. Gibson does not owe me or anyone else an apology for what his father has stated. This whole issue is more an attack against Christianity and Gibson's film, The Passion of the Christ, than it is about what father Gibson had stated. I'm certainly not in the business of defending other people's actions; (I have enough trouble taking care of my own actions). My opinion is thatMel does not owe the public any outward condemnation of his father. Mel's actions will speak louder than just some political verbiage. If he holds the same views as his father, it will be revealed in his words and deeds.

Gibson To Produce Holocaust Movie

LOS ANGELES, Dec. 7, 2005
Mel Gibson in Veracruz, Mexico, where he is working on Disney's 'Apocalypto,' Oct. 28, 2005. (AP)

Previous ImageNext Image

"I would tell them to shut up and wait to see the movie, and then judge."
Quinn Taylor, ABC

(CBS/AP) Mel Gibson stirred passions with his blockbuster "Passion of the Christ" and might well again with his latest project — a nonfiction television movie set against the backdrop of the Holocaust.

Gibson's Con Artist Productions is developing "Flory," based on the true-life love story of a Dutch Jew named Flory Van Beek and her non-Jewish boyfriend who sheltered her from the Nazis.

Gibson's involvement in the project has already raised some eyebrows because critics claimed "Passion" contained anti-Semitic elements, a charge Gibson has denied. Gibson's father also is on the record denying that the Holocaust took place.

"For him to be associated with this movie is cause for concern," said Rafael Medoff, director of the David S. Wyman Institute for Holocaust Studies in Melrose Park, Pa., and the author of an annual study of Holocaust denial.

"He needs to come clean that he repudiates Holocaust denial, and that he understands the Holocaust was not just another atrocity that occurred in World War II along with other atrocities."

Gibson was in Mexico working on Disney's "Apocalypto" and couldn't be reached for comment by the New York Times or Daily Variety.

His father refused to discuss his views on the Holocaust when contacted by The Times and said, "I have no idea what he's doing, and frankly, it's none of my business."

Quinn Taylor, ABC's senior vice president in charge of television movies, acknowledged that controversy surrounding Gibson could help publicize the project. But he had a harsh reply for early critics.

"I would tell them to shut up and wait to see the movie, and then judge," said Taylor, who oversaw ABC's Emmy-winning miniseries "Anne Frank." "I'm not about to rewrite history. I'm going to explore an amazing love story that we can all learn from and, hopefully, be inspired by."

"Flory" is based on Van Beek's 1998 memoir, "Flory: Survival in the Valley of Death." With her husband, Felix, Van Beek survived the sinking of their ship as they tried to flee to safety in Chile, and three years of hiding during the German occupation of Holland.

They emigrated to the United States in 1948. She now lives in Newport Beach and is in her early 80s.

The movie has not been formally green-lighted and it wouldn't air until at least the 2006-07 season. It's also unclear whether Gibson will be the executive producer.

"Flory" is being designed as a four-hour miniseries but ABC will make the final decision on the length, said Daniel Sladek, an independent producer who pitched Van Beek's story to the network and is slated to be one of the executive producers.

Sladek, whose own father survived the Holocaust, said Gibson's involvement could help attract a larger Christian audience for the project. The Van Beeks were sheltered by three different families of Dutch Christians.

"It is a tremendous nod to the non-Jewish partisans, the citizens of Holland, who helped this couple along the way again and again and again, without any reason other than being human, doing the right thing," he told The Times.

And Sladek feels there's a link to the Christian community through Gibson's production company, because of "Passion."

I'm not going to call you wrong for feeling the way you do. When its your own culture you take offense. Growing up i took offense to the holocaust getting more sympathy than the middle passage with someone telling me that the middle passage was exaggerated(also his father said exaggerated, not nonexistent). I think his father is a nut honestly, and that he has fucked up issues from it(alcoholism and chain smoking usually reflect that). I just dont think he shares in his father's view, nor do i think he should have to blast him to satisfy you our anyone else.

one more thing. no one is right or wrong. dont fool yourself into thinking everyone should be on your mel gibson hate theory like its a gospel itself. Have a good sunday Tay. [smilie=burgerking.: [smilie=running.gif]

Anthony
07-30-2006, 11:40 AM
Simply put, Mel and his father arent the same person. Just because he wont call his father a bad person, dosnt mean he's like his father.

Taymelo
07-30-2006, 03:49 PM
Democon my ass, Gutz.

I posted an article supportive of my position on this issue.

You posted an article supportive of your position on this issue, the contrary position ( which is usually your position on any issue).

I'm entitled to post articles supportive of my point of view, and you're entitled to post well thought out responses and articles supportive of your position, which you did.

So what's with the democon crap?

Am I supposed to spend the entire day researching both sides of the issue, and then posting both sides?

No thanks.

You want to support Mel, go ahead. But don't call me names for only posting my own beliefs, as opposed to taking the time out of my day to post Gutz's own personal beliefs for him, so Gutz can drink whiskey and not have to google or type anything.

Shit, I want some fucking whiskey too, you selfish asshole. :)

Taymelo
07-30-2006, 08:14 PM

actually it sounds like you googled yourself into propaganda and long posts. you get more republican every day Tay.

Come on, Gutz.

I'm sorry Tay but you deserve a rehab clinic for your crack addiction. Seriously that story has alot of anti Gibson intention in it. Theres no mention of Mel Gibson saying anything outside of being influenced by his father in his faith. Doesn't say anywhere about him building churches for his father to run them.

Wow polls are great when they say the looney shyt you're on, but bs when they express a conservative looney bin theory. And how does the Philly Inquirer get their numbers man? And when did they become legit numbers for the country.

Taymelo you're nothing but a "democon", a democrat with an republican approach it seems to only follow the media in your favor.

Some of this isnt even up to date. Or maybe its skewed. A classic conservative tactic.

I'm not going to call you wrong for feeling the way you do. When its your own culture you take offense. Growing up i took offense to the holocaust getting more sympathy than the middle passage with someone telling me that the middle passage was exaggerated(also his father said exaggerated, not nonexistent). I think his father is a nut honestly, and that he has fucked up issues from it(alcoholism and chain smoking usually reflect that). I just dont think he shares in his father's view, nor do i think he should have to blast him to satisfy you our anyone else.

one more thing. no one is right or wrong. dont fool yourself into thinking everyone should be on your mel gibson hate theory like its a gospel itself.

Gutz:

1. There's no right and wrong in opinion, and I never asked anyone to take my opinion of Mel as their opinion.

I never asked you to bash him, did I? You asked about the hate, I answered, and then you called me a crack addicted democon.

2. When it comes to fact, as opposed to opinion, there is right and wrong.

Here's an example:

Fox News is right now, as we speak (type), reporting that Mel's despicable conduct and shouting towards the police was, and I quote "anti-semitic".

So, I was right to say that there is reason to be concerned about Mel, and you were wrong to suggest that there is nothing wrong with him but people holding the sins of the father against him.

In other words, I WIN!!!!

YES!!!!!!

And seriously, I DID win, so don't ANYONE on this board even try to circle around my victory with any bullshit.

Gutz has been bested.

Mel is an anti-semite.

I'm the big winner tonight.

You can ALL suck it.

And who's next?

Taymelo
07-30-2006, 08:58 PM
LOS ANGELES(AP) A stunned Hollywood debated the future of one of its biggest stars Sunday as a sheriff's watchdog launched an investigation into a possible cover up of a leaked report that quoted Mel Gibson unleashing a tirade of anti-Semitic remarks during a drunken driving arrest.

One media expert said Gibson irreparably damaged his career with his "crazy" behavior following his arrest by Los Angeles County Sheriff's deputies in Malibu early Friday. Charges of anti-Semitism were also leveled against the actor-director with the release of his 2004 blockbuster "The Passion of the Christ."

"It's a nuclear disaster for him," said publicist Michael Levine, who has represented Michael Jackson and Charlton Heston, among others. "I don't see how he can restore himself."

The entertainment Web site TMZ posted what it said were four pages from the original arrest report, which quoted Gibson as launching an expletive-laden "barrage of anti-Semitic remarks" after he was stopped on Pacific Coast Highway.

According to the report, in addition to threatening the arresting deputy and trying to escape, Gibson said, "The Jews are responsible for all the wars in the world," and asked the officer, James Mee, "Are you a Jew?"

The report has not been made public, but the Los Angeles Times reported Sunday that it had independently verified its authenticity.

Gibson's publicist, Alan Nierob, would not elaborate beyond a nonspecific apology Gibson issued Saturday. Sheriff's sources also declined to comment on Gibson's alleged remarks.

Studio executives, who spoke on condition of anonymity because of the sensitive nature of the matter, were divided on how Gibson's behavior would affect his career. One noted that people have short memories, including filmmakers who might want to profit from Gibson's star power.

The Office of Independent Review, a department watchdog panel, has opened an investigation into whether authorities gave Gibson preferential treatment by covering up his alleged inflammatory comments, said its chief attorney, Mike Gennaco.

"Assuming that the report was excised, then the question is was it done for a good reason within regulations," he said.

Gibson has filmed public service announcements for Sheriff Lee Baca's relief committee dressed in a sheriff's uniform.

"There is no cover-up," Baca told the Los Angeles Times. "Our job is not to (focus) on what he said. It's to establish his blood-alcohol level when he was driving and proceed with the case. Trying someone on rumor and innuendo is no way to run an investigation, at least one with integrity."

Gibson said in his apology that he said "despicable" things to deputies during his arrest.

"I acted like a person completely out of control when I was arrested and said things that I do not believe to be true and which are despicable," Gibson said.

Abraham H. Foxman, national director of the Anti-Defamation League, called Gibson's apology "unremorseful and insufficient."

"It's not a proper apology because it does not go to the essence of his bigotry and his anti-Semitism," he said in a statement on the organization's Web site. "We would hope that Hollywood now would realize the bigot in their midst and that they will distance themselves from this anti-Semite."

This is not the first time Gibson has faced accusations of anti-Semitism. Gibson produced, directed and financed "Passion," which some Jewish leaders said cast Jews as the killers of Jesus.

In a 2004 interview with ABC's Diane Sawyer, Gibson said he was not anti-Semitic.

"To be anti-Semitic is a sin," he said. "It's been condemned by one Papal Council after another. To be anti-Semitic is to be un-Christian, and I'm not."
Days before "Passion" was released, Gibson's father Hutton Gibson was quoted saying the Holocaust was mostly "fiction." The younger Gibson has said that he will not speak against his father.

Gibson, 50, was arrested after deputies stopped his 2006 Lexus LS 430 for speeding at 2:36 a.m. Friday. Sheriff's spokesman Steve Whitmore said deputies clocked him doing 87 mph in a 45 mph zone.

A breath test indicated Gibson's blood-alcohol level was 0.12 percent, Whitmore said. The legal limit in California is 0.08 percent.

Gibson posted $5,000 bail and was released hours later.

In his statement, Gibson also said he has struggled with alcoholism and had taken steps "to ensure my return to health."

He won a best-director Oscar for 1995's "Braveheart." He also starred in the "Lethal Weapon" and "Mad Max" films, "What Women Want" and "The Man Without a Face," among other films.

Taymelo
07-30-2006, 09:14 PM
TMZ has learned that Mel Gibson went on a rampage when he was arrested Friday on suspicion of drunk driving, hurling religious epithets. TMZ has also learned that the Los Angeles County Sheriff's department had the initial report doctored to keep the real story under wraps.

TMZ has four pages of the original report prepared by the arresting officer in the case, L.A. County Sheriff's Deputy James Mee. According to the report, Gibson became agitated after he was stopped on Pacific Coast Highway and told he was to be detained for drunk driving Friday morning in Malibu. The actor began swearing uncontrollably. Gibson repeatedly said, "My life is f****d." Law enforcement sources say the deputy, worried that Gibson might become violent, told the actor that he was supposed to cuff him but would not, as long as Gibson cooperated. As the two stood next to the hood of the patrol car, the deputy asked Gibson to get inside. Deputy Mee then walked over to the passenger door and opened it. The report says Gibson then said, "I'm not going to get in your car," and bolted to his car. The deputy quickly subdued Gibson, cuffed him and put him inside the patrol car.

TMZ has learned that Deputy Mee audiotaped the entire exchange between himself and Gibson, from the time of the traffic stop to the time Gibson was put in the patrol car, and that the tape fully corroborates the written report.

Once inside the car, a source directly connected with the case says Gibson began banging himself against the seat. The report says Gibson told the deputy, "You mother f****r. I'm going to f*** you." The report also says "Gibson almost continually [sic] threatened me saying he 'owns Malibu' and will spend all of his money to 'get even' with me." [EDIT: HE HATES JEWS B/C THEY'RE SUPPOSEDLY RICH AND RUN THE WORLD, BUT HE CLAIMS HE'S RICH AND OWNS MALIBU IN AN ATTEMPT TO BUY A COP. NICE!]

The report says Gibson then launched into a barrage of anti-Semitic statements: "F*****g Jews... The Jews are responsible for all the wars in the world." Gibson then asked the deputy, "Are you a Jew?"

The deputy became alarmed as Gibson's tirade escalated, and called ahead for a sergeant to meet them when they arrived at the station. When they arrived, a sergeant began videotaping Gibson, who noticed the camera and then said, "What the f*** do you think you're doing?"

A law enforcement source says Gibson then noticed another female sergeant and yelled, "What do you think you're looking at, sugar tits?"

We're told Gibson took two blood alcohol tests, which were videotaped, and continued saying how "f****d" he was and how he was going to "f***" Deputy Mee.

Gibson was put in a cell with handcuffs on. He said he needed to urinate, and after a few minutes tried manipulating his hands to unzip his pants. Sources say Deputy Mee thought Gibson was going to urinate on the floor of the booking cell and asked someone to take Gibson to the bathroom.

After leaving the bathroom, Gibson then demanded to make a phone call. He was taken to a pay phone and, when he didn't get a dial tone, we're told Gibson threw the receiver against the phone. Deputy Mee then warned Gibson that if he damaged the phone he could be charged with felony vandalism. We're told Gibson was then asked, and refused, to sign the necessary paperwork and was thrown in a detox cell.

Deputy Mee then wrote an eight-page report detailing Gibson's rampage and comments. Sources say the sergeant on duty felt it was too "inflammatory." A lieutenant and captain then got involved and calls were made to Sheriff's headquarters. Sources say Mee was told Gibson's comments would incite a lot of "Jewish hatred," that the situation in Israel was "way too inflammatory." It was mentioned several times that Gibson, who wrote, directed, and produced 2004's "The Passion of the Christ," had incited "anti-Jewish sentiment" and "For a drunk driving arrest, is this really worth all that?"

We're told Deputy Mee was then ordered to write another report, leaving out the incendiary comments and conduct. Sources say Deputy Mee was told the sanitized report would eventually end up in the media and that he could write a supplemental report that contained the redacted information -- a report that would be locked in the watch commander's safe.

Initially, a Sheriff's official told TMZ the arrest occurred "without incident." On Friday night, Sheriff's spokesman Steve Whitmore told TMZ: "The L.A. County Sheriff's Department investigation into the arrest of Mr. Gibson on suspicion of driving under the influence will be complete and will contain every factual piece of evidence. Nothing will be sanitized. There was absolutely no favoritism shown to this suspect or any other. When this file is presented to the Los Angeles County District Attorney, it will contain everything. Nothing will be left out."

On Saturday, Gibson released the following statement:

"After drinking alcohol on Thursday night, I did a number of things that were very wrong and for which I am ashamed. I drove a car when I should not have, and was stopped by the LA County Sheriffs. The arresting officer was just doing his job and I feel fortunate that I was apprehended before I caused injury to any other person. I acted like a person completely out of control when I was arrested, and said things that I do not believe to be true and which are despicable. I am deeply ashamed of everything I said. Also, I take this opportunity to apologize to the deputies involved for my belligerent behavior. They have always been there for me in my community and indeed probably saved me from myself. I disgraced myself and my family with my behavior and for that I am truly sorry. I have battled with the disease of alcoholism for all of my adult life and profoundly regret my horrific relapse. I apologize for any behavior unbecoming of me in my inebriated state and have already taken necessary steps to ensure my return to health."

The arrest report:

http://cdn.digitalcity.com/tmz_documents/gibson_wm_docs_072806.pdf

Glenn
07-31-2006, 07:31 AM
Wow, Taymelo wins.

Mel Gibson the alcoholic anti-semite loses.

That arrest report is classic (what I can read of it at least).

So they found an opened 750ml bottle of tequila in a brown paper bag in the passenger seat and all he can say is "it's not mine"?

LOL

Taymelo
07-31-2006, 07:56 AM
Wow, Taymelo wins.

Mel Gibson the anti-semite loses.

That arrest report is classic (what I can read of it at least).

So they found an opened 750ml bottle of tequila in a brown paper bag in the passenger seat and all he can say is "it's not mine"?

LOL

Mel didn't lose.

Gutz lost.

And I want everyone to know it.

Since he'll never admit it, someone needs to make a record.

Who's marking the time?

Fool
07-31-2006, 08:50 AM
What page does Taymelo start quoting the entire Asimov catalogue again?

Uncle Mxy
07-31-2006, 08:55 AM
Some key questions:

1) Is the report om tmz.com "legit"? The L.A. sheriff's department continues to deny that. No one has deputy James Mee on the record since that alleged leak. But, keep in mind that the L.A. sheriffs have a history of anti-Semitism quite apart from Mel Gibson:

http://www.worldfreeinternet.net/news/nws168.htm

2) Does Mel Gibson even know specifically what he said? My conversations with drunks have had enjoyable remarks like:

- "I am a bathtub?!" We threw our trashed friend into his bathtub so he could piss and shit on himself without our having to clean the friend up. He already barfed enough so we figured he wouldn't choke on us. The Everclear Kahlua was the final straw...

- "Can you girls buy me a happy meal? I'll buy you a happy meal." He was talking to two guys without long hair or obvious girly features. I don't know where the fuck the random drunk got "happy meal" from either, or how he was standing on two feet for that matter.

I'd love to hear and see the tapes on this.

Taymelo
07-31-2006, 09:48 AM
What page does Taymelo start quoting the entire Asimov catalogue again?

Be careful what you ask for.

Taymelo
08-04-2006, 09:58 AM
A little mental housecleaning:

1. A blood alcohol level of .12 is indeed above the legal limit to drive...

but is not very high of a blood alcohol content, AT ALL.

Shit, the legal limit used to be .10, and Mel was a mere .12 - about one whopping half of a can of stale Miller Genuine Draft more than the old legal limit.

In fact, for someone who has been "fighting the disease of alcoholism my entire adult life", it would take SEVERAL more drinks to give you the excuse that you only said and did what you said and did because you were wasted and out of control - the excuse that many on this board are using to explain away his comments.

For example, I have a friend who has truly been fighting the disease of alcoholism his entire adult life. You know what his blood alcohol level is when he gets in trouble? Between .2 and somewhere between .4 and .5.

Think about it. He was barely over the legal limit, but (a) tried to run to his car to escape; (b) violently threw himself around in the police car like those shirtless cracked out rednecks on Cops; (c) threatened to destroy a cop; (d) went off on his antisemetic rampage; (e) insulted a female cop; (f) tried to pee on the floor of the holding cell; and (g) tried to break a phone when he didn't get a dial tone.

ALL THAT, from being just over the legal limit @.12?

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight!

Well, I can tell you that I've been registered at .13, and did none of the above.

So, there are only three possibilities here, AFAICT.

1. Mel Gibson was in his right frame of mind, and is just a raving lunatic, in addition to being an anti-semite, who showed his true colors and got caught on tape.

2. Mel Gibson was not only drinking alcohol, but was using the alcohol to wash down several Oxycontins or other prescription drugs, and the police never tested him for it.

3. Both of the above.

Thoughts?

Uncle Mxy
08-05-2006, 10:08 AM
Deuce Bigalow refuses to work with Mel Gibson!
As if...

geerussell
08-05-2006, 11:56 PM
Well, I can tell you that I've been registered at .13, and did none of the above.

So, there are only three possibilities here, AFAICT.

1. Mel Gibson was in his right frame of mind, and is just a raving lunatic, in addition to being an anti-semite, who showed his true colors and got caught on tape.

2. Mel Gibson was not only drinking alcohol, but was using the alcohol to wash down several Oxycontins or other prescription drugs, and the police never tested him for it.

3. Both of the above.

Thoughts?

You're spot on with that. There's is no way in hell that a regular social drinker, much less a full blown alcoholic is going to be shitfaced crazy at .12

Drugs other than alcohol in his system or lunacy are the only options that make sense. Maybe he's bi-polar or something. Manic people, unmedicated, can go off the reservation like Mel did even when they're sober.

Anthony
08-06-2006, 12:02 AM
I fucking love Mel Gibson.
He's my Hero.
Braveheart is a great movie.
Fuck the haters.

Uncle Mxy
08-06-2006, 09:51 AM
You're spot on with that. There's is no way in hell that a regular social drinker, much less a full blown alcoholic is going to be shitfaced crazy at .12
It can take awhile to build up tolerance if you hadn't been drinking. I know a couple folks where it only takes a few drinks for their personality to change radically, though I can't imagine their BAC is high. In my case, drinking puts me to sleep long before it impairs my personality or judgement, so I'm the guy who'll nurse a Long Island or glass of wine throughout the night.

Mel should've be more like this dude:

http://www.cbc.ca/story/world/national/2005/01/04/drunk-bulgarian-050104.html

Glenn
08-17-2006, 02:47 PM
-- Mel Gibson has pleaded no contest to misdemeanor drunken driving and received three years probation, prosecutors say.