WTFDetroit.com

View Full Version : Lions Undrafted Free Agent Signings

Jethro34
05-02-2006, 11:53 AM
I'm not sure where the holes are still and if there is anyone that can help, but typically there are some guys every year that make a decent impression this way in camp, and often one or two will stick with the team. What positions would you like to see some extra help with through UDFA's?

As news comes in about who they do sign, this will be the place to post it. I think there have been some signings already, but they haven't been made official yet - ie, not posted on the Lions official site.

KFFL has some up -
FB Matt Berstein, Wisconsin
CB Antonio Malone, Toledo
S Kyler Hall, Florida State (apparently not signed, but trying out with team)
PK Matt Prater, Central Florida
OT Sameeh McDonald, Rutgers
OG Frank Davis, Florida
WR Shaun Bodiford, Portland State
CB LaMarcus Hicks, Iowa State

That's all I have found so far.

WTFchris
05-02-2006, 10:26 PM
Not sure if anyone grabbed them yet, but I'd like to see Parham here and Havner too. We need LB depth in case our starters are hurt (again).

JS
05-03-2006, 12:26 AM
I wish we would have invited Vick. I get not wasting a pick on him but he is the kind of player that if he makes it is high reward, there is moderate to high risk in terms of PR but not in terms of cash, chemistry or picks if he didn't pan out.

Varsity
05-03-2006, 11:17 AM
The Lions are now all about getting character guys or at least guys that they think will be character guys from here on out. I don't think anyone inthe world thinks Vick has changed any.

H1Man
05-03-2006, 08:51 PM
Per KFFL:

Lions | Team agrees with UDFA L. Johnson
Wed, 3 May 2006 17:16:41 -0700

The Clarion-Ledger reports the Detroit Lions have agreed to terms with undrafted rookie free agent P Luke Johnson (Southern Mississippi). Terms of the deal were not disclosed.

Lions | Team signs UDFA C. Downer
Tue, 2 May 2006 21:34:35 -0700

The Anderson Independent-Mail reports the Detroit Lions have agreed to terms with undrafted rookie free agent TE Cole Downer (Clemson). Terms of the deal were not disclosed.

Lions | Team giving UDFA Staton a tryout
Tue, 2 May 2006 14:37:09 -0700

The Daily News Journal reports the Detroit Lions are giving undrafted rookie free agent OG Quinton Staton (Middle Tennessee State) a tryout at their minicamp this weekend. If he impresses Lions' coaches, he could be offered a contract as an undrafted free agent.

Unibomber
05-04-2006, 08:55 PM
Haha. Luke Johnson's an ordained minister. Talk about good character...

The only player I know on the list is Bodiford for obvious reasons, and if he makes the Lions then he must've impressed the fuck outta Marinelli. He's decent for Div. I-AA, but nothing special.

H1Man
05-09-2006, 10:20 PM
Lions Sign Three Tryout Players from Rookie Mini-Camp

The Detroit Lions announced today that they have signed DE Val Barnaby, S Marcus Demps and WR Devale Ellis to one-year deals. Additional contract terms were not disclosed.

Barnaby, Demps and Ellis participated in this past weekend's rookie mini-camp as tryout players. Of the 48 players who took part in the Lions' rookie mini-camp, 28 were tryout players, seven were 2006 Detroit draft selections, eight were undrafted rookie free agents and five were veterans without an accrued season of free agency.

The Lions now have 11 undrafted rookie free agents on their active roster.

Click (http://www.detroitlions.com/document_display.cfm?document_id=445008) for more.