WTFDetroit.com

View Full Version : Donnie Edwards anyone?

JS
04-16-2006, 03:51 AM
Edwards on the block
<Apr. 14> Chargers GM A.J. Smith confirmed to The San Diego Union-Tribune on Thursday that the team is indeed shopping Edwards. The paper speculates that the Chargers are looking to get a first-day draft pick in return for the veteran linebacker.

"If it's not attractive, nothing will be done," Smith said. "If it is, decisions will be made."

Edwards, the Chargers' leading tackler the last four seasons, is in the final year of the $18.75 million contract he signed with San Diego as a free agent in 2002. The 33-year-old has a cap charge of $3.55 million in 2006.

I think the Lions should try to get Edwards. I mean if we could get a fourth for Harrington we could afford to give up a 3rd for Edwards. Maybe we could even give up an 07 pick instead. Edwards is the perfect LB for our defense, he is tough a playmaker and a leader.

Train Wreck
04-17-2006, 03:13 AM
Its hard to give up a day one pick for a 33 year old but I love Donnie Edwards game. I'd give up a 4th rounder for him but no way an early 3rd rounders

BigggChris04
04-17-2006, 03:41 PM
Donnie Edwards is a beast
Anyone know whats going on with E. Holmes right now?

H1Man
04-17-2006, 05:45 PM
Given Edwards' age, I would be highly skeptical of trading a draft pick for him. But if he was released or cut in June, I'd be all for him in a Lion's uniform.