WTFDetroit.com

View Full Version : 3rd Game on Thanksgiving

MoTown
03-27-2006, 02:50 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2386175

The Lions and the Cowboys will be joined with the Cheifs as our Thanksgiving day entertainment. I, for one, hate the decision. Thanksgiving is all the Lions have. It's tradition. Someone please tell the NFL to stop fucking with the Lions ONLY tradion, besides the losing tradition. Pretty soon they'll start rotating the games.

(The Lions drew the Fish for the game)

Glenn
03-27-2006, 02:56 PM
Wasn't Carl Peterson the one bitching about the Lions and Cowboys always getting the Turkey Day game?

What a coincidence that they throw him a bone.

JS
03-27-2006, 02:58 PM
The Chiefs used to host a Thanksgiving Day game in the AFL days and have long campaigned to host one in the NFL.

"I've thought all those games should be rotated," Chiefs owner Lamar Hunt said Monday. "But it's a plus for us to have the first one at night.

"We have a history in them. We always hosted them before the merger, and we've wanted to do it again."

Okay we just celebrated Super 40, what the Fuck does history matter after 40 plus years of not doing something? Lamar Cunt and Joey belong together. I know he has fought for years for the game to be rotated now he gets a game all of his own and still won't STFU.

Darth Thanatos
03-27-2006, 03:28 PM
I LOVE this decision. Finally something entertaining on Thanksgiving, unlike the Lions filth.

Who gives a rats ass about tradition? Things change over time, and this should be changed. The Lions have sucked on Thanksgiving(and all season) for years and don't deserve to have a game on that day.

They need to ditch the Lions and replace them with an AFC team.

entertainment > tradition and disappointment

Black Dynamite
03-27-2006, 05:30 PM
hmmm i couldnt give a shit about the donkeys vs the chefs. hopefully they'll play to a tie and have 20 players from each side hurt with the punters playing qb. if that happens then it would be watchable.

Gecko
03-27-2006, 08:25 PM
Did I hear right a few weeks back that the Lions are negotiating with the league to give up the thanksgiving day game forever in return for a SB every 7 years? This was either discussed as an actual ongoing dialogue or a what if poll to listeners?

Train Wreck
03-28-2006, 08:56 AM
Did I hear right a few weeks back that the Lions are negotiating with the league to give up the thanksgiving day game forever in return for a SB every 7 years? This was either discussed as an actual ongoing dialogue or a what if poll to listeners?

That was a complete farce started by Shawn Belegian (Sp?) from WDFN. He was messing around around one day to see how fast rumors spread.