WTFDetroit.com

View Full Version : Best Guess List -- remaining FA's

FillyCheezeSteak
03-15-2006, 08:15 AM
I wanted to throw out some names of some of the big FA's that are left and see where everything thinks they will be going.

1. LaVar Arrington
2. Terrell Owens
3. Julian Peterson
4. Willie McGinest
5. John Abraham
6. Kerry Collins
7. Keyshwan Johnson
8. Josh McCown
9. Ryan Pickett
10. Mike Vanderjagt
11. Adam Vinateri
12. Patrick Ramsey

If anyone ele wants to throw a guy out there please feel free. I have heard that the Lions made the final two for Peterson and I think he would look good on the weakside taking over for Dirty Davis!

FillyCheezeSteak
03-15-2006, 02:14 PM
I really would dig the acquisition of Julian Peterson (although I wanted Will Witherspoon from Carolina) and if we were to get Mario Williams somehow I think our defense would improve vastly with speed rushers like Peterson and Williams coming off the edge.

WTFchris
03-15-2006, 02:18 PM
We won't draft Williams after resigning edwards. I don't think he'll be there anyway. I doubt we could trade Edwards, though I suppose we could move Hall if we drafted Williams. Anyway, I like Peterson but I bet we are too cheap to sign him.

FillyCheezeSteak
03-15-2006, 02:22 PM
I'm confused on why you actually think we wouldn't draft Williams.........

A) He is a DOMINANT player that will be a pro-bowler by year 2.
B) We are the team that drafted 3 straight WR's (meaning anything could happen)
C) I love some warm, buttery cornbread, but James Hall and Kalimba Edwards aren't getting it done and with only one of our four secondary players (Bly) legitametly able to cover people it would help to get to the QB and put his ass on the ground once in a while.

WTFchris
03-15-2006, 02:34 PM
What would we do with Edwards? We'd have to trade him because we aren't eating that contract we just signed. Prior to resigning him, I would have agreed with you.

I would hope we could sell a 3-4 team on Edwards playing OLB for them, but that's a hefty contract for someone to trade for now.

kdawg32086
03-15-2006, 06:04 PM
1. LaVar Arrington -Eagles
2. Terrell Owens -Broncos
3. Julian Peterson -49ers
4. Willie McGinest -Browns
5. John Abraham -Jets
6. Kerry Collins -Ravens
7. Keyshwan Johnson -
8. Josh McCown -Raiders
9. Ryan Pickett -Packers
10. Mike Vanderjagt -Dolphins