WTFDetroit.com

View Full Version : If you Like Joey do you also like Darko?

Gecko
02-10-2006, 01:03 PM
Joey and Darko appear to have the same forces surrounding them.. I have longed wondered if people's opinions on these two end up on the same side of the argument. What I want to know is if you support Joey are you also a Darko supporter and vice-versa?

I am willing to bet that there are very few that support one but not the other. Guess will find out.

For the record I support neither and wish they both would go away.

Glenn
02-10-2006, 01:05 PM
I'm anti to both. Get them both the fuck out of here.

I've been comparing these two for about a year now Geck, I'm glad that someone else sees the similarities.

Gecko
02-10-2006, 01:07 PM
There is one difference between the two.

One likes banging skanky whores from Pontiac and the other well...

WTFchris
02-10-2006, 01:34 PM
I don't like Darko (bad additute), and I'm indifferent on Joey. I like his professsionalism and all, but I'm skeptic he'll pan out here (we'll see with Martz).

Glenn
02-10-2006, 01:41 PM
3 similarities off the top of my head...

1. Hope.
Hope is what keeps everyone from seeing things as they normally would if these guys weren't on the home team. I think most fans of these guys are just hoping upon hope that they pan out and that they weren't draft day blunders.

2. Treated with kid gloves.
Both have been treated with kid gloves by management. You don't want to hurt their feelings or "lose them" or you'll never get them back. Darko gets force-fed playing time and playoff roster slots based only on his draft position and his salary. Joey gets handed playing time for the same reasons. Does anybody actually think that there was ever open competition for the QB job last year before the season? Neither have actually earned ANYTHING.

3. Lack of heart.
I know the "Detroit mentality" thing is a bit overplayed, but I think it's undenyable here. The next time I see either of these guys do something gutsy or something that takes balls, it will be the first.

WTFchris
02-10-2006, 01:47 PM
I agree with the first two. Not the third. Joey has heart IMO. He takes a lot of critism, never backs down from a challenge, plays behind a bad OL and never misses time. He's been boo'd, benched, etc and never complains. He blaims dropped passes on himself.

Darko on the other hand is quick to look at someone else as the reason he's not playing, instead of showing the coach why he should be in there.

One HUGE difference in them is PT. Joey has been the starter here for 4 years. Darko hardly plays.

I actually think Darko is a better comparison to Rogers. Heck, they are even the same pick #.

Minimal PT, questionable additute. Bad off the court habits. Lazy at times. Tons of talent.

Anthony
02-10-2006, 02:44 PM
I agree with Chris here, for the same reasons he listed.

Gecko
02-10-2006, 02:56 PM
What's this the Waffle House thread. I kinda sorta like and hope these guys do well cause awh shucks it would be just disappoinitng and I feel they both could excel if put into the perfect situation surrounded by hall of famers and given ooodles of time to develop.

Gimme a break. You all hate these two and try to find reasons you shouldn't.

darkobetterthanmelo
02-10-2006, 03:31 PM
I like all the 5 Lions young skill position players as well as Darko. I believe the Lions will explode in a good way with Martz, and Darko will sign a large extension and pan out eventually.

WTFchris
02-10-2006, 03:37 PM
I like all the 5 Lions young skill position players as well as Darko. I believe the Lions will explode in a good way with Martz, and Darko will sign a large extension and pan out eventually.

Where?

Varsity
02-10-2006, 04:29 PM

Where?

Some dumb team with money..see Atlanta.

H1Man
02-10-2006, 04:51 PM
I hate Joey and his eternal optimistic attitude but I can't bring myself to hate him after how his teammates (and I am not just talking about Bly) and fans treated him.

Atleast Joey never complains and plays hard everytime and that's more than what can be said of Darko.

Fool
02-10-2006, 04:57 PM
Here is a meaningful difference IMO:

One (Joey) is counted on in order for the team to achieve to any degree right now.

The other is only counted on for the future.

In that light, I don't like Joey as he's underpreforming (or just not performing) and its hurting the Lions in a major way right now. While one could argue Darko hurts the Pistons to some extent, its to a degree small enough that I still don't really care about him.

Jethro34
02-11-2006, 09:37 AM
I think Darko compares best with Charles. Both #2 picks from the same year. Both with a lot of hype. Both with injuries ending their first season. Both with attitude issues.

Gecko
02-11-2006, 09:55 AM
Here's another theory I have on Darko and Joey and this one is based on age. I believe that the majority of Darko and Joey supporters are under the age of 21.

The amount of kids screaming when Darko gets into the game at the palace is just fricking weird. I wish I would never have to look at him again and here are these kids treating him like he's Justin Timberlake.

MOLA1
02-11-2006, 10:16 AM
I hate Joey and his eternal optimistic attitude but I can't bring myself to hate him after how his teammates (and I am not just talking about Bly) and fans treated him.

Atleast Joey never complains and plays hard everytime and that's more than what can be said of Darko.Exactly what I was going to say.
[smilie=cheers.gif]