WTFDetroit.com

View Full Version : Colts favored to win it all in 2007

Glenn
02-07-2006, 03:08 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2322062

Oddsmakers favor Colts, not Steelers next season

ESPN.com news services

Despite winning Super Bowl XL, the Pittsburgh Steelers aren't the favorite next season.

The MGM Mirage has already installed the Indianapolis Colts, who lost to the Steelers in the playoffs this year after being viewed as the favorite much of the season, as 4-1 favorites.

The Seattle Seahawks, who lost Sunday to the Steelers, are the favorite in the NFC at 5-1.

The oddsmakers also have the New England Patriots, winners of three of the past five Super Bowls, at 5-1.

As for the champion Steelers, they and the Carolina Panthers are both listed at 6-1.

Rounding teams at 15-1 or better are Dallas, San Diego and Denver (all 10-1) and Chicago, Tampa Bay and the New York Giants (all 15-1).

At the other end of the spectrum? The New York Jets opened at 125-1, but have dropped top 100-1 in the most recent posting. Also at 100-1 are the Tennessee Titans and the San Francisco 49ers.

Houston and New Orleans are both 75-1.

Complete odds here: http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2322228

Not that you need to know, but the Lions are 50-1.

DennyMcLain
02-07-2006, 05:25 PM
Post pre-season prediction:

2007 SuperBowl will be Dallas vs. Pittsburgh in a battle for an unprecedented sixth Super Bowl ring.

Artis Gilmore
02-07-2006, 05:33 PM
Colts will go 10-6 and win the SB over Washington.

kdawg32086
02-07-2006, 06:18 PM
They're bound to lose some big players. They will have two second year guys starting at the cornerback spots, with Jackson and Hayden. All three LB's are FA's, and I think they'll only keep two of them. Also, they might lose a guy or two on the d-line. Reggie Wayen and Edge are probably gone too.

H1Man
02-08-2006, 03:19 AM
The only way Indy could win it all was if they retained both Edge and Reggie Wayne along with adding a couple impact players on the defensive end. The odds of that happening are very slim.

The Pats would be my pick to win the SB. Their biggest problem has been injuries this season and inexperience of their young guys pressed into service.

kdawg32086
02-08-2006, 07:04 PM
I'm gonna say that Seattle wins it all next year. When they upgrade from D.D. Lewis hrough the draft, add a young WR, and get Ken Hamlin back, they'll win it all.

WTFchris
02-09-2006, 09:33 AM
The only way Indy could win it all was if they retained both Edge and Reggie Wayne along with adding a couple impact players on the defensive end. The odds of that happening are very slim.

The Pats would be my pick to win the SB. Their biggest problem has been injuries this season and inexperience of their young guys pressed into service.

I'm doing the Pats in the Sports Inferno mock and I managed to pull Lendalle White in the first round (crazy). I can still shore up WR and LB and they'll be in great shape. I agree they can be right back in there next year.

the wrath of diddy
02-09-2006, 07:10 PM
LOL @ the odds makers. Picking Peyton Manning to win the big one=flushing money down the toilet.