WTFDetroit.com

View Full Version : The Illinois Perspective

Baker
01-30-2006, 11:11 AM
This was sent to me on Thursday. It is a collection of posts from the Illinois board. These were all posted during the game and right after. I haven't read any other posts at all so maybe this isn't even being debated. But, if it is...this gives a non-biased perspective.

"Just checked CBSportsline for standard referee incompetence. They indicate 13-4 fouls in favor of the home team. Regardless, MSU with the lead."

"The refs are calling a bunch of super touch fouls on MSU's big men (though not calling it the same way on the other side.) Davis in foul trouble (trannon and gray both have 2) and has been on the bench for a lot of the half. Refs are keeping UM in it."

"23 fouls called on MSU, 9 on UM. Free throws 26-6 in favor of UM. That's not even fair. Refs have handed it to UM."

"scUM is shooting 40% and MSU is shooting over 50%. Lots of FTs for scUM though."

"God damn, that's a lot of free throws! Are these ACC refs taking care of Coach K's boy tonight??? My God! Tell me Izzo's gotten a T. There's no way he hasn't gotten ringed up for one!"

"Pathetic officiating...."

"Officials have done all they can to give Michigan this game, it's quite hilarious to watch."

"Izzo just started laughing with about 10 minutes left. Nothing more he can do."

"I mean, there has to be some sort of BT conspiracy to get as many teams in as possible."

"Winning on the road in the BT is turning out like one of those "No Freaking Way" games for Nintendo where they will not let you win."

"I hope those ******s in Ann Arbor don't think they actually deserved that win. I mean, Jesus Christ, that's a **** load of free throws!"

"That's not gonna keep me from saying that Michigan State didn't get screwed."

"It's certainly a game that was handed to Michigan on the foul line, nevertheless."

"It has become a joke. I'm surprised the BT hasn't done something about it."

"Izzo never complains about the refs in postgame, but he is now. It's hard to win when 4 of your starters are on the bench with 4 fouls. Izzo started the post game being typcial Izzo, blaming himself and his team's horrid performance. But, he is starting to break down. I don't blame him, MSU is CLEARLY the better team."

"I'm not big on complaining on refs--it's pointless, but I'll admit I was mystified tonight at the calls."

"From the 15:12 mark in the 2nd half, to the 4:50 mark, UM had ONE foul called on them, over that time MSU had NINE fouls, thats a foul a minute!"

"The big ten road officiating is crooked...PERIOD. People who say that's whining or whatever are just hiding their head in the ground like an ostrich. It's not a problem, it's a MAJOR problem."

Well, that's what the Illinois fans had to say. I'm glad it wasnt' my goggles. Once again, I won't be back to get into a war. Just wanted to contribute.

Glenn
01-30-2006, 11:14 AM
"Toughts"?

Fool
01-30-2006, 11:18 AM
Lol@Glenn

"scUM is shooting 40% and MSU is shooting over 50%. Lots of FTs for scUM though."

Definately an unbiased sample.

theMUHMEshow
01-30-2006, 11:20 AM
Are you kidding me...CHECK THE WHOLE DAMN SITE Show the other side of the story.

Jethro34
01-30-2006, 11:23 AM
Who split this off? I can't believe we're still crying over this game almost a week later. Both teams have played other games since.

And since when does the opinion of retarded Illinois fans mean crap? I haven't met a single one that had an ounce of common sense.

Glenn
01-30-2006, 11:26 AM
This wasn't a split, Jethro, he posted it as a new topic.

Jethro34
01-30-2006, 11:34 AM
You've got to be kidding me. A new thread? Wasn't all this same crap already in the "my thoughts" thread? Why do we have to use the exact same stuff in two threads? I understand 85% of the threads here end up on the same topic, but the exact same stuff? That's just desperation for symphathy.

Look Tre, I feel for you because I get pissed when my boys lose too. And yes, I try to paint a nice picture of how some calls could have gone the other way and my team could have won. So I understand how you're feeling.

But you have to know your past statements set you up to look bad going there. And you al;so have to know that using message board quotes from freaking Illinois aren't going to do jack for your cause. It's time to let this go and look forward to the Frankenmuth game and then to the rematch at the Breslin.

Jethro34
01-30-2006, 11:37 AM
After looking back through the other thread, I guess the same stuff isn't in there. Maybe Illinois was just mentioned and the whining all sounds the same. Either way - non thread.

JickBoy34
01-30-2006, 12:27 PM
Un-fucking-believable. This is turning into the biggest bitch fest about a game ever. I can't even stand to read Tre's garbage.

Moodini31
01-30-2006, 06:31 PM
Wow! [smilie=jaw-droppin: Tre's credibility has taken a major hit over the last week. [smilie=boxing.gif]

Wizzle
01-30-2006, 07:28 PM
[smilie=bigcry.gif]
you gotta love throwing a punch and not coming back to back it up

JickBoy34
01-31-2006, 12:08 AM
Absolute Clown

http://www.theclownmuseum.org/pics/ckyM80s.jpg

Baker
01-31-2006, 02:36 PM
First of all. I’ll come to WTF whenever the fuck I want. If I want to read posts 24 hours after a game instead of 10 hours after a game, that is what I’ll do. If I don’t want to reply when some jerkoff writes some uninformed shit, that’s what I’ll do. I didn’t vanish from the site. I’m here. Just because I don’t post a reply doesn’t mean I’m not here. If I want to cool down the next afternoon and not spend 12 hours of my day going to war, that is exactly what I’ll do. I didn’t puss out and vanish. I’m still here. So settle the fuck down.

Jethro made the exact same decision I did a couple of weeks ago. He thought he was spending too much time so he cut himself off a bit so he didn’t turn into a message board freak. I’m doing the same. I know myself and I know that I would have been on this damn board all night long if I would have got caught up in the war the day after FoulFest 06. So I let you Wolverines run your mouths and I remained quiet. You’d think you’d be happy that the Spartan was quiet the day after. I really question your obsession if your worried about whether or not DrTre is here to read your posts. Get a fucking life.

Moodini, I would pull back a bit on calling me out. I gave you props for your prediction. I’m still waiting for my props on predicting a Final Four last year 8 months before it happened. Somehow that written prediction vanished during March last year. If you want, I’ll go back and start quoting you. You’ve been wrong far more than you’ve been right. Especially, on MSU. If you want to talk “now” I guess I’ll just pull the Moodini card out and say “not impressed.”

I will have the last laugh. I promise you that. Justice will prevail on the 18th. And MSU will be raising hardware in March once again. Wait on it.

Baker
01-31-2006, 03:37 PM
You've got to be kidding me. A new thread? Wasn't all this same crap already in the "my thoughts" thread?

Did you read the post? These were all Illinois comments. Why are they relevant? Because they prove that everyone viewed the game the way Spartan fans did.

No need to respond. I'm over this topic. But, I felt I should respond or else everyone would get upset.

Jethro34
01-31-2006, 04:07 PM
No, they prove that State fans and a handful of Illinois fans agree for once. That's hardly EVERYBODY. Give me a national media member (your favorite source on Michigan football) that called out the refs on the game.

Baker
02-01-2006, 12:53 PM
Are you kidding? Dude, it was all over. Walked in the locker room on Friday. This big Indiana fan walks up to me, first thing he says, "What do you mean the officiating was terrible (Sarcasm)?" I wasn't even talking about it. He began cracking up and give his opinion.

I can't give you National Media because I don't think the nation was on UPN checking it out.

But, I can tell you that the title of the article on Scout was, "MSU fouled out. Spartans can't overcome questionable officiating."

Similar headlines ran throughout most newspapers.

All over the radio as well.

I'm done, but I thought I would respond to your post.

Glenn
02-01-2006, 01:02 PM
Isn't is "questionable officiating" simply because MSU questioned it?

I doubt that Scout was stating/endorsing that the officiating was poor, they were pointing out that MSU was not happy with it.

That's how I see it, at least.

WTFchris
02-01-2006, 01:04 PM
No, they prove that State fans and a handful of Illinois fans agree for once. That's hardly EVERYBODY. Give me a national media member (your favorite source on Michigan football) that called out the refs on the game.

I do think the national media did say it was questionable officiating. They leave it up to you to decide what that means.

And I'm a CMU fan, so don't think I am taking either side.

Darth Thanatos
02-01-2006, 02:10 PM

I'm not going to lie.......that made me chuckle a little bit.

Baker
02-01-2006, 02:19 PM
I was surprised to see Illini fans using the scUM term. I thought that was an MLive creation.

Jethro34
02-01-2006, 05:41 PM
It's a creation based in football jealousy that rolls over to the entire school. It's very, very creative.