WTFDetroit.com

View Full Version : Conspiracy theories

TK
01-18-2006, 08:35 AM
Any favorites?

I used to buy in to the multiple shooter Kennedy assisination theory, but not any more.

Area 51 also used to intrigue me, but as I've grown older I've started to see through the absurd fantasies of those who claim we have actual alien technology there.

Basically, I can't think of many outlandish ones that I subscribe to anymore.

Anybody have any good ones?

Glenn
01-18-2006, 11:15 AM
Area 51

:shock:

alsoi'mtryingtohelpkeepthisfromgettingswatted

MoTown
01-18-2006, 11:51 AM
David Stern? That's my favorite one. It was ever-so-apparent in the conference finals against the Heat last year.

Matt
01-18-2006, 11:58 AM
Area 51

:shock:

alsoi'mtryingtohelpkeepthisfromgettingswatted

:D

DrRay11
01-18-2006, 12:31 PM
I used to buy in to the multiple shooter Kennedy assisination theory, but not any more.

So you're a firm believer in magic bullets then?

TK
01-18-2006, 12:44 PM

So you're a firm believer in magic bullets then?

Why would I be?

Oh, don't tell me you buy into the Stone ficton....

The bullet traveled in a perfectly straight line, from the window, through Kennedy's neck, through Connely's shoulder, and lodged in Connely's wrist (I think those were the three body parts involved anyway).

The mistake the movie made was the assumption that Kennedy was sitting directly behind Connely, and at the same height. The reality was he was sitting to the right of Connely and about 3 inches higher.

DrRay11
01-18-2006, 12:46 PM
I guess I just don't understand the physics of his head recoiling like it did.

Fool
01-18-2006, 01:04 PM
I've got some about a certain "organization" that runs a certain message board, but nothing I care to share.

TK
01-18-2006, 01:42 PM
I guess I just don't understand the physics of his head recoiling like it did.

Agreed, it looks an awful lot like he got shot from the front, but if you think about it, entry wounds are small, exit wounds are big. What happened to the front of that poor guy's head was definitely not the result of an entry wound.

There've been recreations and tests done, and basically there's really no way of knowing how a head will react when shot. Some flop forward, some flop to the side, some flop backward.

Basically the whole conspiracy is America's way of dealing with it, IMO. We can't grasp the concept that one lunatic can be at the right place at the right time, and all the extenuating circumstances be in place for him to take down the leader of the free world. But I firmly believe that that's exactly what happened.

Check out Peter Jennings' report on the assasination when they replay it on the History Channel some time. It's extremely revealing.

Taymelo
01-18-2006, 05:26 PM
2000 presidential election.

flipscrackers
01-18-2006, 07:24 PM
The moon landings. Some of the reasoning as to why the landings could be a hoax have little scientific logic when they're brought up, so they sound like someone's just whining about it.

Artermis
01-19-2006, 09:03 AM
That that FBI or CIA made black people hooked on drugs.

Art

Glenn
07-19-2017, 10:14 AM
THE EARTH IS HOLLOW AND HAS DINOSAURS AND VIKINGS LIVING INSIDE OF IT

https://www.vice.com/en_ca/article/ywgexk/a-journey-to-the-centre-of-modern-hollow-earth-theory?utm_campaign=Global&utm_source=vicefbca

Uncle Mxy
07-20-2017, 08:00 AM
THE EARTH IS HOLLOW AND HAS DINOSAURS AND VIKINGS LIVING INSIDE OF IT

https://www.vice.com/en_ca/article/ywgexk/a-journey-to-the-centre-of-modern-hollow-earth-theory?utm_campaign=Global&utm_source=vicefbca

I saw this in a 1970s comic book: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warlord_(comics)