WTFDetroit.com

View Full Version : Hall of Famer?

Darth Thanatos
01-16-2006, 03:36 PM
Pretty bored, so I decided to make a thread about the hall of fame. I'll throw out a few Pro Bowl players, and we can all discuss if they are worthy enough if they retired after the season:

Steve McNair
Rod Smith
Terrell Owens
Jason Hanson(just for Lions fans sake)
Ray Lewis
Jamal Lewis
Shaun Alexander
Tiki Barber
Isaac Bruce
Ty Law
Michael Strahan
Drew Bledsoe
Kurt Warner

DennyMcLain
01-16-2006, 04:34 PM
Steve McNair -- No. This is the Hall of Fame, not the Hall of Very Good.
Rod Smith -- No. Solid, but not the best in his category in his time.
Terrell Owens -- Yes. The opposite of the above.
Jason Hanson(just for Lions fans sake) -- Absolutely
Ray Lewis -- Yes. Most feared defender since LT.
Jamal Lewis -- No. Good RB, but only a couple of great seasons.
Shaun Alexander -- Almost. Another couple of great seasons might do it.
Tiki Barber -- No. Very good, but not great.
Isaac Bruce -- No. Will be overshadowed by Holt.
Ty Law -- Yes. One of the best cover men ever.
Michael Strahan -- Yes. 'nuff said.
Drew Bledsoe -- No. Fuck Bledslow.
Kurt Warner -- Yes, because they're afraid of his whore, er...wife.

Artermis
01-16-2006, 05:42 PM
Steve McNair No way. He has been injured too much over the last few years. He would need 3-4 more very good years and he has taken too much punishment.

Rod Smith I would vote him in. He has been one of the top 5 recievers in the league for a long time. Might never have been #1, but very few players are. If Michael Irvin can get in so can he.

Terrell Owens - Depends on the next few years. Great yes, but he still has more work to do to get in.

Jason Hanson(just for Lions fans sake) - No way. I love him, but not good enough.

Ray Lewis He was good for 5-6 years, is that enough to get him in? I think the murder thing hurts him some, but I dont know if he is first ballot.

Jamal Lewis - This guy has 0 shot. This guy is not even in the hall of very good, just good.

Shaun Alexander - Too early to tell. Needs another 5 years of truly great ball.

Tiki Barber - Sees Shaun

Isaac Bruce - His career is not as good as Rod Smith's.

Ty Law - He could. He has a great chance.

Michael Strahan - Done....give him his plaque.

Drew Bledsoe - No way. I will say if he can win a SB he is in.

Kurt Warner - Not even close. Bledsoe has a better chance.

Art

Artermis
01-16-2006, 05:46 PM
I just looked at Ivrin vs. Smith.

Man these two are almost clonse. Irvin has started 147 games to Smith 142. Irvin has 750 catches for 12,000 yards to Smith 797 for 11,000 yards. They each have 65 recieving TD.

Rod has a couple of SB rings just like Irvin. But Rod doesnt have the off the field baggage that Irvin has.

Art

H1Man
01-16-2006, 05:54 PM
Steve McNair - Nope.

Rod Smith - Probably won't but he should. He has been consistant and reliable for so long.

Terrell Owens - If it wasn't for his character issues, he probably does.

Jason Hanson - Nope.

Ray Lewis - Maybe.

Jamal Lewis - Nope.

Shaun Alexander - If he can perform at an high level for the next couple years, yes.

Tiki Barber - Always underrated. I think he should.

Isaac Bruce - Nope.

Ty Law -- Yes. One of the best cover men ever.

Michael Strahan - Yes.

Drew Bledsoe - Nope.

Kurt Warner - Nope.

Unibomber
01-16-2006, 10:54 PM
Pretty bored, so I decided to make a thread about the hall of fame. I'll throw out a few Pro Bowl players, and we can all discuss if they are worthy enough if they retired after the season:

Steve McNair--Yes.
Rod Smith--Yes, but barely.
Terrell Owens--Hell no.
Jason Hanson(just for Lions fans sake)--LOL...the only kicker who could possibly make it at present is Rackers if he keeps this up for years.
Ray Lewis--I'm tempted to say no.
Jamal Lewis--No.
Shaun Alexander--I'm with H1Man. With prolonged execution, he's a lock.
Tiki Barber--No, but close.
Isaac Bruce--Not for a few ballots. Maybe later.
Ty Law--Yes.
Michael Strahan--Yes.
Drew Bledsoe--Yeah, why the hell not?
Kurt Warner--LOL. Fuck no.

Fool
01-16-2006, 10:58 PM
I just looked at Ivrin vs. Smith.

Man these two are almost clonse. Irvin has started 147 games to Smith 142. Irvin has 750 catches for 12,000 yards to Smith 797 for 11,000 yards. They each have 65 recieving TD.

Rod has a couple of SB rings just like Irvin. But Rod doesnt have the off the field baggage that Irvin has.

Art

Wow, I wouldn't have guessed that.

Train Wreck
01-17-2006, 12:09 AM
I think Rod smith is in.

If he plays well in the next few weeks and the Broncos win the Super Bowl, he's a lock.

JS
01-17-2006, 04:06 PM
Steve McNair No, 1 superbowl app not enough to garner HOF status.

Rod Smith No If Art Monk is not in who was the greatest WR in the 80's and won 3 SB no way Smith a HOF.

Terrell Owens, No See Rod Smith then deduct 100 points for being a cancer.

Jason Hanson(just for Lions fans sake)No, 1 true kicker in Canton as of now, Gary Anderson will be the second Hanson isn't either one of those guys.

Ray Lewis- Yes, he isn't Lambert, Ham or Singletary but he is as close to any of them as a guy could be.

Jamal Lewis-No only a couple of good seasons so far seems to be breaking down in Terrell Davis like fashion.

Shaun Alexander- No he still has 5 or 6 more seasons left in him so it is likely but right now he compares to Eddie George a solid not spectacular HOF RB.

Tiki Barber- If he gets 5000 more rushing yards

Isaac Bruce- No, Same comments as Rod Smith

Ty Law- Yes best CB since Michael Haynes

Michael Strahan- Yes but considering LC Greenwood is not in yet it may be a long wait for the jacket.

Drew Bledsoe- No if he can atke the Cowboys to the SB and win he may stand an outside shot, he isn't Fouts like in stats. He doesn't have the playoof record of the snake who is not in the HOF yet. The QB wing needs to remain for only the elite.

Kurt Warner- No his star didn't shine bright enough for long enough.

WTFchris
01-17-2006, 04:19 PM
Only Strahan if they retired RIGHT NOW.

But some of those would get in with a couple more years of stats.

ACfromtheD
01-17-2006, 08:16 PM
How are you guys saying maybe to Ray Lewis? He was the best defensive player in the league for multiple years. He won defensive player of the year multuple times. Was the best player and Superbowl MVP for one of the greatest defenses ever. Had 3 200 tackle seasons, went to 8 pro bowls. Know how many people haev won DPOY more than once? Only 6 (LT, Joe Greene, Mike Singeltary, Bruce Smith, and Reggie White). You can make an arguement he is the greatest LB ever and you guys want to say he maybe deserves to be in? What the fuck?!

H1Man
01-18-2006, 02:33 AM
How are you guys saying maybe to Ray Lewis? He was the best defensive player in the league for multiple years. He won defensive player of the year multuple times. Was the best player and Superbowl MVP for one of the greatest defenses ever. Had 3 200 tackle seasons, went to 8 pro bowls. Know how many people haev won DPOY more than once? Only 6 (LT, Joe Greene, Mike Singeltary, Bruce Smith, and Reggie White). You can make an arguement he is the greatest LB ever and you guys want to say he maybe deserves to be in? What the fuck?!

I think his off the field issues hurt his chances of getting in. He will still be in the Hall but probably not on the first ballot.