WTFDetroit.com

View Full Version : WTF mock drafts, 1st 10 picks

Jethro34
01-05-2006, 06:26 PM
Ok, here is the place to put YOUR mock draft for picks 1-10. Here's the catch though. I'm not looking for mindless guesses. Put a couple lines or so next to the pick explaining why you think that team will make that selection. Here's the draft order.
1 - Houston Texans
2 - New Orleans Saints
3 - Tennessee Titans
4 - New York Jets
5 - Green Bay Packers
6 - Oakland Raiders
7 - San Francisco 49ers
8 - Buffalo Bills
9 - Detroit Lions
10 - Arizona Cardinals

A couple notes and rules. First, the Oakland/Frisco picks could flip flop subject to a coin flip. For now, we'll keep them where they are. Next, we are going to assume these teams keep their picks - no trading in this thread. Hanes can maybe start a thread later where everyone gets one team, that's kind of his thing. Finally, I started this thread as a mod in this forum. I will delete any posts that don't fit the format of the thread. Until you post your mock complete with comments, any posts ripping someone else's draft will be deleted. Once you have posted your mock, feel free to comment on others posted.

Jethro34
01-05-2006, 07:16 PM
I'll start it off:

Houston Texans - D'Brickashaw Ferguson. Yes, I realize everyone thinks Bush should go #1, but the Texans have an above average RB in Domanick Davis. The offense needs a boost and the best way to do it would be solidifying the line with Ferguson. He'll give Carr time to find Andre Johnson and help make more holes for Davis to run through.

New Orleans Saints - Matt Leinart. Again with no Bush. This time it's Deuce McAllister blocking the way. Deuce has been injured for the better part of the last two seasons, but he'll return and the team was fairly successful on the ground still in his absence. However, Aaron Brooks will be gone and there isn't anyone ready to take over in his place. Leinart will be the starter in New Orleans immediately.

Tennessee Titans - Reggie Bush. Titans also have an oft-injured runner in Chris Brown. Beyond that, they traded for Travis Henry. Well, whichever one is healthy can play the Lendale White role. Tennessee doesn't allow this speedy back to make it past them. Look for them to use him like Marshall Faulk was used a few years ago, lining up as a receiver from time to time.

New York Jets - Vince Young. The Jets have Pennington, but he hasn't been the same since his shoulder injury. They pick Young and start either Pennington or Bollinger for now and give Young time to learn the ropes as an NFL QB. They need a lot of offensive help, but it's too early to draft a WR and Cedric Houston looks like the RB of the future for them.

Green Bay Packers - Mario Williams. The Pack were horrible on both sides of the ball. They have their future QB, and while Ahman Green looks to be nearly done, Davenport and Gado give Green Bay some other options in the backfield. Therefore, the Pack picks up a pass rusher to be a bookend with Gbaja-Biamila. That's a slightly bigger need than OLB which moves Williams ahead of Hawk.

Oakland Raiders - AJ Hawk. The Raiders rejoice when Hawk falls to them. Oakland couldn't stop anyone and Hawk will be all over the ball, giving the offense a few more chances to try to avoid turning the ball over. Raider Nation embraces Hawk's image.

San Francisco 49ers - DeAngelo Williams. The Niners are horrible as well. They're rebuilding their team position by position and RB is next. Kevan Barlow hasn't looked like a quality back is a while and no one else in their crowded backfield can seem to win the job outright. Williams solves that problem.

Buffalo Bills - Chad Greenway. Too early for them to go WR as well, though they need it. They also need OL help but they'll get that in the 2nd round when it's less of a stretch. For now they solidify their LB crew with Greenway.

Detroit Lions - Jimmy Williams. The Lions have a lot of needs but Williams is the best player on the board, something Matt Millen loves. He wins the starting CB job across from Dre Bly and bumps Bryant to the nickle package.

Arizona Cardinals - Jay Cutler. The Cardinals are a young team with exciting offensive weapons. Arrington is the back of the future and Fitz and Boldin are the best young WR duo in the game. They'll need a legit young QB pretty soon. Cutler is the man and Green will try to sit him and let him learn, but that won't last long. Cutler starts by week 7.

H1Man
01-05-2006, 08:07 PM
Houston Texans - D'Brickashaw Ferguson Bush is the more popular choice but they will draft Ferguson if they want to make the smarter decision. They might also be tempted to draft Vince Young because it will help with attendance and sales but I think they will stick with Ferguson.

New Orleans Saints - Matt Leinart Like Jethro said, Leinart will be able to step in and replace Aaron Brooks.

Tennessee Titans - Vince Young I am assuming that they release McNair and will need a QB. Young makes perfect sense for them, given his playing style is similar to McNair.

New York Jets - Reggie Bush. They need a replacement for Pennington but someone like Bush is too much to pass up. Can you imagine the marketability that Bush will create for the Jets in NY market.

Green Bay Packers - A.J. Hawk They have a lot of needs to fill but I can't imagine them passing up Hawk. He is equally good at stopping the run and pressuring the QB.

Oakland Raiders - Mario Williams With Moss and Jordan, their offense could be unstoppable. Their line is awful and Williams alone won't be able to fix it but its a start.

San Francisco 49ers - Vernon Davis They have holes everywhere on their roster. Davis will give them a passing threat and a safety valve for Alex Smith.

Buffalo Bills - Mathias Kiwanuka They need help on both OLine and DLine but since they take pride in defense they will go for Kiwanuka. They also lost Pat Williams last offseason and they might lose Sam Adams too, so DLine is a priority to them. They could also draft Haloti Ngata.

Detroit Lions - Jimmy Williams He is the best pick here unless someone (Justice, McNeill, Hali) has an outstanding workout the combine.

Arizona Cardinals - DeAngelo Williams Arrington didn't show anything last year to make the Cards believe that he can be a starting RB and they ranked 32nd in rushing last year. So look for them to upgrade their running game.

Artis Gilmore
01-05-2006, 10:24 PM
Houston Texans - Reggie Bush you cant pass up a guy like reggie, and Dominick Davis is not getting the job done. They will go with Reggie.

New Orleans Saints - Matt Lienart, they have had too many problems with Brooks and his comments and Todd Boumon is not a good replacement. Lienart can contribute right away.

Tennessee Titans - A.J Hawk How can you pass up hawk if you have Boullock, you know how many guy they will be stopping?

New York Jets - D'Brickshaw Fergurson, they need some one on the line to protect Pennigton considering he has a lot of injury problems

Green Bay Packers - Mario Willams, Need help on their D-line, he should make a big impact.

Oakland Raiders - Vince Young, Kerry Collins. Nuff said.

San Francisco 49ers - Marcedes Lewis I dont know if he comes out or not but SF needs a TE to block and give Smith a target.

Buffalo Bills - Mathias Kiwanuka They need help on both OLine and DLine but since they take pride in defense they will go for Kiwanuka. They also lost Pat Williams last offseason and they might lose Sam Adams too, so DLine is a priority to them. They could also draft Haloti Ngata.

Detroit Lions - Jimmy Williams He is the best pick here unless someone (Justice, McNeill, Hali) has an outstanding workout the combine.

Arizona Cardinals - DeAngelo Williams Worst Running game ive ever seen, he should make an impact right away.

Biochemical Equation
01-05-2006, 11:35 PM
what a cirlce jerk this seems to be. really stupid. some things you all should know

1. reggie bush is still the number one pick. anybody who thinks otherwise based on his "off" night last night (250 apys) is an idiot. you idiots may continue with your jerking off in circular order

2. lendale white will go in the 1st 10 picks and he will be a better pro than reggie bush. again, if you differ in your opinion, I believe jerking off in an order which resembles a circle is a better option for you

cheers.

ACfromtheD
01-06-2006, 12:33 AM
I hate to do this prior to the playoffs even starting, but hey its the curse of the Lions fan. Anyway, this isn't entirely serious and I thought I would through in a couple of far fetched ideas. Take it for what its worth I guess. I'm also assuming Vince Young stays in school since that is what he has said all along.

1. New York Jets - Reggie Bush. NYJ give up their first and second this year and their first and fourth next year in order to move up and grab the heir apparent to Curtis Martin. Houston gets the hell out of here and moves down to the fourth slot.

2. New Orleans Saints - Matt Leinart. Barring some sort of Manningesque move by Matty, I'm pretty sure the Saints are going to be looking for someone to bring in ticket sales and keep Todd Bouwman off the field.

3. Tennesse Titans - AJ Hawk. Outside of Keith Bullock their LB core is fairly mediocre in Kassel, Sirmon and Boiman. Hawk and Bullock should scare the shit out of teams for the next couple of years and will give a lot of credit to a defense that is one corner away from being pretty damn good.

4. Houston Texans - D'Brickshaw Ferguson. The trade works out for Houston and they still get the guy they wanted along with all the picks. This way they can take the monster LT they really needed to anchor their line and not have the public outcry of not taking Reggie Bush number 1.

5. Green Bay Packers - Mario Williams. They need help in a lot of places but with Williams, KGB and Grady Jackson their front line should be set.

6. Oakland Raiders - DeMeco Ryan. This is another questionable pick on my part, but he is a kid that I can see getting a ton of run after the combine. He was the backbone of a fabulously underrated Alabama defense and he has a sincere nastiness to him that Al Davis is going to love.

7. San Fransisco 49ers - Vernon Davis. Another guy that is going to skyrocket after he worksouts for teams. SF is going to be able to line him up in the backfield and on the line as a TE. Again, its hard to guess at what guys are going to do at combines but this kid has a workout marvel written all over him.

8. Buffalo Bills - Jimmy Williams. Nate Clements is a FA at the end of this year and unless they Franchise him, I'm guessing he is gone. Jimmy Williams steps in as his replacement and is going to be boom or bust. I see no middle ground for this kid - either a star or a failure.

9. Detroit Lions - Mathias Kiwanuka. With the lack of talent at the WR position this year, Matty is forced to think elsewhere. This is from The Huddle Report:

"Mathias has excellent size, strength and speed for his position. He has very strong hands to work the O-linemen and uses this strength to keep them away from his body. He has an excellent burst and although he has long legs, he has very good change of direction abilities. Mathias is becoming a student of the game. I have seen him on film, go to the sidelines after a defensive series and write down what just happened in a notebook. This kid on the field shows maturity and the need to learn beyond his age."

I'd be more than fine if he fell to us.

10. Arizona Cardinals - DeAngelo Williams. That whole JJ Arrington thing didn't work out so well.

DennyMcLain
01-06-2006, 03:46 AM
1 - Houston Texans -- No brainer. Bush. But he won't stay. Houston needs and overhaul, and Bush can bring several veterans to a team in desperate needs of some good linemen.

2 - New Orleans Saints -- With Brooks gone, Leinart is a solid pick. He and Joe Horn might make an interesting combo.

3 - Tennessee Titans -- If LenDale White comes out, he goes here. Chow will love to havee this guy, and he's a workhorse like Eddie George used to be.

4 - New York Jets -- Jerome Harrison. I'm still big on this guy.

5 - Green Bay Packers -- A good safety. Probably Jason Allen or Darnell Bing.

6 - Oakland Raiders -- Who gives a fuck. But they'll probably go for aa back... probably DeAngelo Williams.

7 - San Francisco 49ers -- O line. Nick Mangold or Max Jean Gilles to help protect Smith.

8 - Buffalo Bills -- WR, maybe Moss or Hagen.

9 - Detroit Lions -- Marcedes Lewis. It will be the most useless pick in the draft, and he and Mike Williams will get into it during a scrimmage and kill each other, effectively ruining the 2006 campaign.

10 - Arizona Cardinals -- Defense. Dusty Dvoracek would be a good fit.

Taymelo
01-06-2006, 06:42 AM
Can Jimmy Williams protect the quarterback and open holes for an overrated Kevin Jones?

I'll hang up and listen.

PS: Steve Hutchinson is apparently available as a free agent, and may get the highest salary ever for his position. In other words, he won't be a Lion, and the offense he goes to will improve dramatically.

JS
01-06-2006, 07:28 AM
1 - Houston Texans traded to Jets for extra picks Jets select Reggie Bush
2 - New Orleans Saints- Vince Young best way to create buzz for a bad team.
3 - Tennessee Titans- Matt Leinart- Norm Chow knows what he can do.
4 - New York Jets- moved up now Texans pick D'Brickasahw to protect Carr
5 - Green Bay Packers- AJ Hawk Singletary wants what he knows for GB
6 - Oakland Raiders- Jimmy Williams a CB to replace Woodson
7 - San Francisco 49ers-Michael Huff tough Lott like S
8 - Buffalo Bills-Veron Davis top TE and needed saftey valve for Losman
9 - Detroit Lions- Tamba Hali- Hybrid DE/OLB like Ware who we passed on.
10 - Arizona Cardinals- DeAngelo Williams best RB in the draft IMO

JS
01-06-2006, 07:30 AM
Can Jimmy Williams protect the quarterback and open holes for an overrated Kevin Jones?

I'll hang up and listen.

PS: Steve Hutchinson is apparently available as a free agent, and may get the highest salary ever for his position. In other words, he won't be a Lion, and the offense he goes to will improve dramatically.

They will franchise him since Alexander had it written into his 1 year deal that Seattle couldn't use it on him again. Now way Hutchinson shakes loose.

WTFchris
01-06-2006, 10:58 AM
1 - Houston Texans - Bush (have to take him)
2 - New Orleans Saints - Vince Young (they'll buy the hype of Rose Bowl)
3 - Tennessee Titans - Ferguson (they think Volek can get it done)
4 - New York Jets - Lienart (Pennington's hurt too often)
5 - Green Bay Packers - Lendale White (if he comes out)
6 - Oakland Raiders - AJ Hawk (need LB bad after moss deal)
7 - San Francisco 49ers - Deangelo Williams (need RB badly)
8 - Buffalo Bills - Demeco Ryans (need a playmaker at SLB)
9 - Detroit Lions - Mario Williams (makes this best DL in NFL?)
10 - Arizona Cardinals - Vernon Davis (need a replacement to Jones)

ACfromtheD
01-06-2006, 11:15 AM
Denny - You think that Jerome Harrison is going to go ahead of Lawerence Maroney and DeAngelo Williams? You have four RBs going in the top 6? A center going top 10? And Dusty Dvorcek over Gabe Watson, Rodrique Wright, Claude Wroten, Jesse Mahelona, Broderick Bunkley and Haloti Ngata?

Artermis
01-06-2006, 04:19 PM
Seattle has major cap problems and even with the up in SC for 2006, they still might not be able to afford both SA and Hutch.

Art

DennyMcLain
01-06-2006, 04:35 PM
Denny - You think that Jerome Harrison is going to go ahead of Lawerence Maroney and DeAngelo Williams? You have four RBs going in the top 6? A center going top 10? And Dusty Dvorcek over Gabe Watson, Rodrique Wright, Claude Wroten, Jesse Mahelona, Broderick Bunkley and Haloti Ngata?

A center is the leader of the offensive line, and a good one coming out of college can (eventually) do wonders for protection. Dvorcek is a five star stud. Harrison will be the surprise star of this draft.

ACfromtheD
01-06-2006, 05:13 PM

A center is the leader of the offensive line, and a good one coming out of college can (eventually) do wonders for protection. Dvorcek is a five star stud. Harrison will be the surprise star of this draft.

Yeah a center is an important cog, but drafting one in the top 10 would be GM suicide. The highest drafted center in the last 20 years was Steve Everitt when he went 14. Mangold, the best center this year, will go around 20 and thats generous.

Dvorcek will have to have an immaculate combine to get into the first round with the amount of depth of stud DTs in this draft.

Harrison might be the surprise of the draft after its over but for him to get taken above Maroney, Williams, Leon Washington or Joseph Addai will require a bit of magic on his part. Definitly not in the top 10, probably not in the first round and a half.

kdawg32086
01-07-2006, 04:56 PM
1 - Green Bay Packers-Reggie Bush RB USC
The Packers basically give up a lot of picks for Reggie Bush, sending their 1st, 3rd and 4th rounders this year, with a first rounder next year to get their RB of the future, in the hopes that he and Aaron Rodgers can become solid franchise cornerstones.

2 - New Orleans Saints-Matt Leinart QB USC
The Saints take the QB the pocket passer, getting a guy they believe will be able to bomb it deep to Joe Horn, Donte Stallworth, and Devery Henderson. This, along with a re-signed LeCharles Bentley, and a healthy Deuce McAllister could make them one of the leagues most potent offenses.

3 - Tennessee Titans-Vince Young QB Texas
With McNair certain to retire in the near future and a crappy team overall, they take their future franchise player. The Titans think Vince Young can become a superstar(I guess they've never seen him throw a football). I don't really believe any of this, but inevitably, he will be a Titan.

4 - New York Jets-AJ Hawk OLB Ohio State
Adding a guy like AJ Hawk could give the Jets a great defense for the future. Hawk can provide a good pass rush, step up and make tackles, or drop pack in pass coverage. He is the real deal, and should be a solid player. This will allow the Jets to be competitive in 2006.

5 - Houston Texans-D'Brickshaw Ferguson OT Virginia
Realizing that their biggest need is offensive line help, the Texans trade down and decide to rebuild the offensive line that couldn't block for David Carr. They are now able to draft another tackle, 2 guards, a center, and a TE with the 5 remaining picks they will have in the top 4 rounds.[ie. Max Jean Gilles(G), Nick Mangold(C), Andrew Whitworth(T), Taitusi Lutui(G), Dominique Byrd(TE).]

6 - Oakland Raiders-Mario Williams DE North Carolina State
Although the Raiders picked up Pro Bowler Derrick Burgess through free agency last year, the defense was awful. Williams gives them a strong pass rushing defensive end, who along with Burgess, could shrink the pocket and force opposing quarterbacks to step up and make plays, or get hit.

7 - San Francisco 49ers-DeAngelo Williams RB Memphis
Last year, the 49ers began the rebuilding process by taking franchise QB Alex Smith with the first overall pick. This year, they take their franchise RB. Smith and Williams, along with 2nd year lineman David Baas and Adam Snyder can jumpstart a 49er offense that had trouble putting points on the board last season.

8 - Buffalo Bills- Mathias Kiwanuka DE Boston College
The Bills, who pride themselves on defense, had one of the leagues worst defensive lines in 2005. Adding Kiwanuka gives them a solid pass rushin and run stopping DE, who will chase a quarterback all day. In the 2nd round, they will most likely take a guy like DT Rodrique Wright, who can help them up the middle.

9 - Detroit Lions- Winston Justice OT USC
The Lions are not ready to give up on QB Joey Harrington, and since there are no WR's worthy of going top 15 in this draft, they are forced to look elsewhere. Winston Justice improves an offensive line that wasn't good at all last season. He provides some protection for QB Joey Harrington, and might improve the line enough to the point where Kevin Jones might have a 100 yard rushing game or even a 1000 yard season this year.

10 - Baltimore Ravens- Haloti Ngata DT Oregon
The Ravens send their 4th rounder next year to move up 3 spots and take the talented DT. Ngata is the ideal DT for a 3-4 defense (which the Ravens are contemplating a return to) and great in a 4-3 defense. He can stop the run, put pressure on the quarterback, while creating matchup problems and forcing double teams.

Taymelo
01-08-2006, 09:32 AM

Yeah a center is an important cog, but drafting one in the top 10 would be GM suicide. The highest drafted center in the last 20 years was Steve Everitt when he went 14. Mangold, the best center this year, will go around 20 and thats generous.

Dvorcek will have to have an immaculate combine to get into the first round with the amount of depth of stud DTs in this draft.

Harrison might be the surprise of the draft after its over but for him to get taken above Maroney, Williams, Leon Washington or Joseph Addai will require a bit of magic on his part. Definitly not in the top 10, probably not in the first round and a half.

In other words the Lions should trade down to 14-20, take a center, and get another pick for doing so, right?

I'd agree with that.

MOLA1
01-08-2006, 11:06 AM
1 - Houston Texans -- No brainer. Bush. But he won't stay. Houston needs and overhaul, and Bush can bring several veterans to a team in desperate needs of some good linemen.

2 - New Orleans Saints -- With Brooks gone, Leinart is a solid pick. He and Joe Horn might make an interesting combo.

3 - Tennessee Titans -- If LenDale White comes out, he goes here. Chow will love to havee this guy, and he's a workhorse like Eddie George used to be.

6 - Oakland Raiders -- Who gives a fuck. But they'll probably go for aa back... probably DeAngelo Williams.

7 - San Francisco 49ers -- O line. Nick Mangold or Max Jean Gilles to help protect Smith.

9 - Detroit Lions -- Marcedes Lewis. It will be the most useless pick in the draft, and he and Mike Williams will get into it during a scrimmage and kill each other, effectively ruining the 2006 campaign.

10 - Arizona Cardinals -- Defense. Dusty Dvoracek would be a good fit.So you don't think Vince Young's going to go in the top 10? I think you're insane.

DennyMcLain
01-08-2006, 12:02 PM
Sanity is subjective.

MOLA1
01-08-2006, 12:06 PM
Enjoy then.

DennyMcLain
01-08-2006, 12:11 PM
Thank you (wipes uncontrolled drool from half-latched straightjacket).

Jethro34
01-08-2006, 02:40 PM
I don't understand how people have the Jets or Packers getting the top pick. I thought it was pretty clear that these mocks weren't supposed to include rumored trades. Simple instructions are so difficult some times.

DennyMcLain
01-08-2006, 03:07 PM

10 - Arizona Cardinals -- Defense. Dusty Dvoracek would be a good fit.So you don't think Vince Young's going to go in the top 10? I think you're insane.

I had just woken up when I replied before, so let me now explain in full.

I'm probably way off in my mock draft selections, but there's so many bad offensive lines out there that I'd suspect this year might be good for linemen, especially if a team has a major investment like an Alex Smith.

I personally wouldn't draft Vince Young if he declares himself as ONLY a quarterback. Receivers are a funny bunch of punks®, and having a QB on the team who'd rather run than check off his targets would piss the corps off greatly. And the O line would not appreciate a QB who, on passing plays, decides to wing it and pick up 4 yards when, if he had held out for just a second more, could've found a late developing route. Trench warriors would like to feel their work is appreciated and successful, not reduced due to a foot happy QB used to rolling over college opponents and getting the glory for it.

But, if VY decides to go the Matt Jones way, then he can play a TE or WR and then QB on short yardage situations where the third threat of him running keeps the D honest.

Artermis
01-08-2006, 03:10 PM
VY would be a WR if he wanted too, not big enough for TE.

If you are talking about offense lineman than Scoot, Fergason, Justice, McNeil, and the USC guard all would be higher up than any of the O line you have mentioned Denny.

I personally took your mock as you trying to be funny...haha funny not, crazy funny.

Art

DennyMcLain
01-08-2006, 03:27 PM
VY would be a WR if he wanted too, not big enough for TE.

If you are talking about offense lineman than Scoot, Fergason, Justice, McNeil, and the USC guard all would be higher up than any of the O line you have mentioned Denny.

I personally took your mock as you trying to be funny...haha funny not, crazy funny.

Art

Yep. Still, do you draft OL's, or draft a skilled player and trade for OL's?

QB's are getting killed in this league. Is it because of better D's, or a lack of quality Offensive Lineman? If the latter is true, why trade for OL's that are sub-quality when you can draft top quality? If you are SF or Houston, and Smith and Carr are getting their asses rung, then what use is it to own a quality skill player if the 'skin never makes it out of the QB's hands?

I know it's a ridiculous argument. GM's will always draft to appease the owners and fans, and hope to land linemen via later rounds, FA or trade. But shit --if a special lineman is coming into the draft, who's quick and mobile and highly instictive, then wouldn't he be more valuable than some hot shit WR, especially if you're already paying some hot shit QB ridiculous amounts of $$$?

Artermis
01-08-2006, 04:00 PM
I am there with you. If the Lions pick a skill position on O this year, I will be so pissed, I might have to find another team to root for.

The problems it that teams pick skilled position dump a ton of money into them and then have crap left over to sign their Oline up.

I think even average fans realize, if your Oline is very good, your skilled positions players can be average to a little above average and the good to great Oline can make your skilled players look good to great.

Tis a shame most of us are not GMs.

Art

Taymelo
01-08-2006, 04:14 PM
The problems it that teams pick skilled position dump a ton of money into them and then have crap left over to sign their Oline up.

I think even average fans realize, if your Oline is very good, your skilled positions players can be average to a little above average and the good to great Oline can make your skilled players look good to great.

I think that Barry Sanders set the franchise back 40 years, because he was so good with such a bad offensive line, he gave our consistently dumbass management the impression that they don't need offensive linemen to move the ball.

Unibomber
01-08-2006, 05:34 PM
1. Houston Texans--Reggie Bush. No need to explain that.

2. New Orleans Saints--Matt Leinart. Again, no explanation required.

3. Tennessee Titans--Vince Young. They'll think he's the next coming of McNair, but we'll see how well that works out.

4. New York Jets--A.J. Hawk. Sam Cowart won't be around forever.

5. Green Bay Packers--D'Brickashaw Ferguson. That O-line just won't cut it, and Brick could probably step in right away.

6. Oakland Raiders--Mathias Kiwanuka. That defense blows and Sapp may actually have something to play for with Kiwanuka joining the line.

7. San Francisco 49ers--DeAngelo Williams. Him and Frank Gore could be a nice RB pair for a team desperate for offensive help.

8. Buffalo Bills--No one cares who the Bills take.

9. Detroit Lions--Mario Williams. A powerhouse D-line a la the Panthers is born.

10. Arizona Cardinals--Jimmy Williams. Will look good after drafting Antrel Rolle the previous year, but Williams is supposedly a hardcore pothead and Denny Green will kick his ass six ways to Sunday, ensuring a shitty draft for an overrated team.

MOLA1
01-08-2006, 09:30 PM
Last time I checked, Vince had excellent passing numbers.
Just cause he's black doesn't mean he can't throw the ball. Fuck.

kdawg32086
01-08-2006, 10:56 PM
Last time I checked, Vince had excellent passing numbers.
Just cause he's black doesn't mean he can't throw the ball. Fuck.

He throws the ball like a girl, literally. He's gonna get picked off by any halfway decent cornerback in this league. I mean, Chad Pennington has twice the arm(post-surgery) that Vince Young does.

MOLA1
01-08-2006, 11:11 PM
You're nuts. Vince throws stripes dude.

Leinart threw some ducks in the big game, but it doesn't mean he can't play QB.

Vince has a great arm.

DennyMcLain
01-08-2006, 11:24 PM
I'm going to have to agree with kdawg. VY has a great "college" arm. He reminds me of Andre Ware, but a little bigger.

QB's in college aren't used to the size and speed of NFL lines, and having an awkward delivery only magnifies that problem. Vince is a fantastic athlete, but I'm not convinced he's got enough confidence in that arm to make it as an NFL QB. He knows his style sucks, and he knows that safeties and DB's had to respect the run, which allowed many one-on-one opportunities for his receiving unit against commonly weak Big 12 D's.

IMO, he MUST have a great combine to go high.

kdawg32086
01-09-2006, 01:49 AM
Vince is almost a lock to go at #3. Tennessee is stupid enough to take him, after he's called McNair his idol. lol. At least HoustonZ(or whoever gets this) and New Orleans are smart enough to realize that he's a one dimensional wannabe Michael Vick.

Glenn
01-09-2006, 09:08 AM
McNair has to be gone if Tenn takes Young.

They can't have McNair, Young & Volek

WTFchris
01-09-2006, 09:15 AM
They would probably trade Volek then. They could get a late first back for Volek and grab another need. Then they'd still had McNair to buy Young some time to learn.

Jethro34
01-09-2006, 09:36 AM
I don't understand why the team doesn't give Volek a shot. This is the same guy that had over 900 yards and 8 TD's with only 1 INT over a 2 game stretch last year. Most QB's are giddy if they have that in a 3 game stretch. All I'm saying is the guy is 29 years old, he's appeared in 24 games, has 26 TD's with a 2:1 TD/INT ratio and a career QB rating of 86.9. The Titans problem has been defense. Ever since Kearse left their D has been a struggler. Volek and healthy skill position players will do just fine offensively.

WTFchris
01-09-2006, 10:30 AM
I don't understand why the team doesn't give Volek a shot. This is the same guy that had over 900 yards and 8 TD's with only 1 INT over a 2 game stretch last year. Most QB's are giddy if they have that in a 3 game stretch. All I'm saying is the guy is 29 years old, he's appeared in 24 games, has 26 TD's with a 2:1 TD/INT ratio and a career QB rating of 86.9. The Titans problem has been defense. Ever since Kearse left their D has been a struggler. Volek and healthy skill position players will do just fine offensively.]

If you look at my mock, I have them giving the reins to Volek. They'd still have McNair as a backup. I have them taking DeBrickshaw. I think Leinart and Young will go to NO and NYJ (not sure who will go first yet). I was just saying that IF they take a QB, they should trade Volek because someone might give them a first rounder for him.

MOLA1
01-09-2006, 10:47 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v496/realgm/LMFAO/VY.jpg

DennyMcLain
01-09-2006, 12:17 PM
Okay, Mola.

Now, present the stats of Big 12 secondaries, and where they rank nationally.

Jethro34
01-09-2006, 06:23 PM
2 yards away from 3 straight seasons of 1,000 yards and 10+ TD RUSHING, and he's a QB. That's pretty sick. And yet, his DRAMATIC improvement in the passing game is what really impressed me this year.
Like I said several times, I didn't really believe the hype until the Rose Bowl, and at the end of the game when they got the ball back I positively expected them to march down and score.

MOLA1
01-10-2006, 07:03 PM
Okay, Mola.

Now, present the stats of Big 12 secondaries, and where they rank nationally.Why do I have to do homework?

I hope he becomes the greatest QB of all time just to make people
that don't think that athletic QB's can throw can shut the fuck up.

You probably think that Mike Vick suck too right?

I love it.

DennyMcLain
01-10-2006, 08:35 PM
Okay, Mola.

Now, present the stats of Big 12 secondaries, and where they rank nationally.Why do I have to do homework?

I hope he becomes the greatest QB of all time just to make people
that don't think that athletic QB's can throw can shut the fuck up.

You probably think that Mike Vick suck too right?

I love it.

John Elway wasn't "athletic"? Steve Young wasn't "athletic"? Donovan McNabb isn't "athletic"?

All can run. All can throw. All are Pro Bowlers. My thing about VY is that, though he's improved a great deal, really could have used that last year of eligibility to fine tune his passing confidence. I mentioned earlier that he's going to piss off quite a few WR's with his one-look-and-run style of play. He needs to work on his pocket passing. If he consults a pro QB during the offseason to work on it, his stock will rise. But I still think scouts see this as a major negative.

Taymelo
01-10-2006, 08:56 PM
I'll bite on the Michael Vick thing.

Sucks is a strong word, though. How about "will never be all that great"? How about "The Dominique 'Human Highlight Film who never won anything' Wilkins of football"?

MOLA1
01-10-2006, 11:12 PM
TM: KEVIN FUCKING WILLIS WAS THE 2ND BEST PLAYER ON HIS TEAM FOR MOST OF HIS CAREER!!! DON'T COME AT ME LIKE THAT REGARDING NIQUE!!!

Everyone: Same goes for Vick. He's the shit. Brian Finneran?
I know Alge's the shit and Dunn's running but come on man.

DM: Back to Vince. You don't think his passing numbers look all that great? 164 dude? Come on!

Glenn
01-11-2006, 07:52 AM
TM: KEVIN FUCKING WILLIS WAS THE 2ND BEST PLAYER ON HIS TEAM FOR MOST OF HIS CAREER!!! DON'T COME AT ME LIKE THAT REGARDING NIQUE!!!

Everyone: Same goes for Vick. He's the shit. Brian Finneran?
I know Alge's the shit and Dunn's running but come on man.

DM: Back to Vince. You don't think his passing numbers look all that great? 164 dude? Come on!

Analogy time.

Dissing Nique in front of MOLA = Endorsing Laimbeer as our coach in front of me

MOLA1
01-11-2006, 10:03 AM
:sad: but true.

:flower:

NoQuarter doesn't take kindly to that shit either. Nique had no help man.

Next subject.

Jethro34
01-11-2006, 10:07 AM
I just wish they never would have traded Nique. Having to see him go out with the Clippers, Cetics and Spurs wasn't right. I choose to remember him as a Hawk, the last Hawk that was worth a crap.

MOLA1
01-11-2006, 10:15 AM
:salute:

DennyMcLain
01-11-2006, 01:47 PM
I'll bite on the Michael Vick thing.

Sucks is a strong word, though. How about "will never be all that great"? How about "The Dominique 'Human Highlight Film who never won anything' Wilkins of football"?

Okay, this is where we should split this into the NBA forum.

@#!$% Taymelo, Mafia advisor, blowing shit up again because he CAN. :lol:

Shugadaddi
01-11-2006, 02:21 PM
Naw...I love any Michael Vick argument. I'm pretty sure that a week doesn't go by where Mola and I don't argue about Vick. Either that or why I think that Seattle really sucks.

But anyways, back on task: Vick is nothing more than average. I'm pretty convinced that they could win without him no problem. Maybe they should trade for Volek. It might be a killer fit. I can see it now: Brian Finneran - first team all-star.

MOLA1
01-11-2006, 04:18 PM
:sad3:

Jethro34
01-11-2006, 10:09 PM
Here's the deal with Vick. Over the past 4 seasons (I exclude his rookie year because they hadn't officially handed over the reins and it's torture to judge a rookie QB - see Peyton Manning), the Falcons have gone 30-19-1 when Vick plays and 3-11. Sure, their backup QB's haven't been anything to write home about. But neither have very many other players from their team. Vick might not have a lot of qualities you look for in an NFL QB, but anyone that can win you 60% of your games with that supporting cast is a player.

Taymelo
01-12-2006, 07:44 AM
I'm not saying Vick isn't a player.

I'm saying he's not a Super Bowl caliber quarterback.

I'd take a Brady, Manning, Manning, or even Brees over him. (sits back and waits for M1 to blow a gasket over Brees>Vick).

I'll repeat for the umpteenth time: the last six superbowls were won by a pocket passer.

Jethro34
01-12-2006, 09:01 AM
The last 6 Super Bowls huh? Where those all won by pocket passers with shit for a team that had to just strap the team on their back and will them to a victory? Or perhaps does defense win championships?
There's no way you can ever say that if you put Vick on those teams they win or lose, because you can't do that with ANY QB. Fact is, on those teams you can make a very strong argument that Vick would have still won a Super Bowl. Don't blame him that his team didn't have a Super Bowl caliber defense.

Glenn
01-12-2006, 09:05 AM
Pocket passers also outnumber running QBs by quite a wide margin, it's not like they are 50/50.

WTFchris
01-12-2006, 09:25 AM
What the hell is going on here? This is a thread for mock drafts and the last page and a half have nothing to do with it :)

Someone should clean this up.

BTW, Lendale White declared for the draft.

MOLA1
01-12-2006, 07:43 PM
Reggie Bush too.

Taymelo
01-12-2006, 09:33 PM
What the hell is going on here? This is a thread for mock drafts and the last page and a half have nothing to do with it :)

Someone should clean this up.

BTW, Lendale White declared for the draft.

Yeah.

Isn't someone around here like a mod or something?

MOLA1
01-13-2006, 12:52 AM
HAHAHAHAHHAH!!!!

Exactly what I told NoQuarter earlier.

DennyMcLain
01-13-2006, 03:50 AM
I'm not saying Vick isn't a player.

I'm saying he's not a Super Bowl caliber quarterback.

I'd take a Brady, Manning, Manning, or even Brees over him. (sits back and waits for M1 to blow a gasket over Brees>Vick).

I'll repeat for the umpteenth time: the last six superbowls were won by a pocket passer.

Oh no you dident. You didn't just pick Eli over Vick?!!!

I'm so fucking sick of the "baby Manning". He's the Dale Earnhardt Jr. of the NFL -- everybody loves the kid, shower him with accolades whenever the G-men win, and shower him with excuses when they don't.

I'm glad they got their collective asses handed to them last weekend.

MOLA1
01-13-2006, 03:51 AM
Thank you. WE AGREED IN THIS THREAD!!!

I fucking HATE Eli Manning.

Peace.

Varsity
01-13-2006, 03:48 PM
Varsity's Mock 1.0 1/13/06

1. Houston Texans - Reggie Bush, RB USC
This pick is definitely going to get traded as Dom Davis has an extension.

2. New Orleans Saints - Matt Leinart, QB USC
QB has been bad there for a while, maybe Matt can come in and change things, NO really isnt THAT bad of a team.

3. Tennessee Titans – Vince Young, QB Texas
Could be a great situation if they sign McNair to another season and get Vince acclimated to the NFL game in that manner, much like Cinci did with Carson.

4. New York Jets – D‘Brickashaw Ferguson, OT Virginia
NYJ line is terrible, giving Bollinger more time and the RB more holes couldn't hurt

5. Green Bay Packers – A.J. Hawk, OLB Ohio State
Big time help for a struggling defense, best LB in the draft.

6. Oakland Raiders – Mario Williams, DE North Carolina State
Best DE in college football this year. Raiders could use plenty of help on that side of the ball

7. San Francisco 49ers – Tamba Hali, DE Penn State
There are rumors that Julian might get out of dodge...if so, this is a really solid pick.

8. Buffalo Bills – Haloti Ngata, DT Oregon
Bills DT lost a ton when they let Pat Williams go, this guy would be a good replacement. If they lose their big CB (Clements) to FA, then this spot could be Jimmy Williams.

9. Detroit Lions- Mathias Kiwanuka, DE Boston College
The Lions often leave their CBs out on an island because they can't get pressure on any QB. With Hall on one side and Mathias on the other, maybe they could change that.

10. Arizona Cardinals- Lendale White
Zona has a ton of holes, but the biggest one is the running game. They spent a high pick on arrington, but he's whack..This pick could be DeAngelo Williams or they could trade up/down and get a top notch OT or OG.

Varsity
01-13-2006, 03:59 PM
10 - Baltimore Ravens- Haloti Ngata DT Oregon
The Ravens send their 4th rounder next year to move up 3 spots and take the talented DT. Ngata is the ideal DT for a 3-4 defense (which the Ravens are contemplating a return to) and great in a 4-3 defense. He can stop the run, put pressure on the quarterback, while creating matchup problems and forcing double teams.

Since when does a 4th..not even THIS year get you up 3 spots in the 1st? Two years ago, the Lions got a 2nd rder THAT year, just so Cleveland could move up 1 spot.

Unibomber
01-13-2006, 04:04 PM
Varsity, I really like that mock. All the more so because Brick will fill the likely hole of Scott Gragg, who may retire at the end of the year. (If he does, he'll coach HS football near my hometown, that's how I know this shit.)

WTFchris
01-13-2006, 04:07 PM
A trade from pick 14 to pick 10 will cost you 300 "points" according to one team's chart, which is equivilent to the #60 pick (late second rounder) on that same chart.

kdawg32086
01-13-2006, 10:48 PM
I've actually been meaning to change my mock a bit. Ravens trading up 5 spots to #8, and sending Kelly Gregg and their 2nd rounder next year.

Artermis
01-14-2006, 02:45 PM
Please not the dude from BC. Have any of you actually seen him play.

I talked to some people on the BC board and they think he would be better in the 3-4 as an outside LB. He needs to gain weight at the next level because he cannot hold up against the run. He also is very stiff and too often is a nonfactor. I saw him 2-4 times this year and he just was not the best player on the field and he was not doubled team as much as you would think.

Art

kdawg32086
01-15-2006, 12:52 AM
Here is a mock of the first 20 picks with analysis. It took me a long time to do.

1) Green Bay Packers (from Texans)- Reggie Bush RB USC Jr.

The Packers trade the 5th overall pick and their 3rd and 4th round picks this year, as well as their first rounder next year to get the top spot. This season the Packers were plagued by injuries to their running backs, including starter Ahman Green. Green, whose numbers are projected to decline in the near future, happens to be a free agent this summer and will command a large contract. By drafting Bush, the Packers do not have to re-sign Green and can start to rebuild their team, around Bush, as well as second year quarterback Aaron Rodgers.

2) New Orleans Saints- Matt Leinart QB USC Sr.

The Saints entered the 2005 campaign with high hopes. They were picked to possess one of the league’s most potent offenses. But, injuries to key players, and a lack of production by Aaron Brooks led this team to the league’s second worst record. Between Aaron Brooks being on the way out, Todd Boumann being a 3rd stringer forced into the starter’s role, and Adrian McPhereson’s questionable past, the Saints are in need of a quarterback. Leinart gives them the pocket passer to throw to Horn, Stallworth, Henderson, and Williams. In a couple years, this team could possess a very potent offense.

3) Tennessee Titans- Vince Young QB Texas Sr.

After announcing that Steve McNair was his idol, this is all but a done deal. While Young does not have an NFL caliber arm, the Titans have high hopes that Norm Chow can turn him into a quality starter, and potentially a pro bowler. Vince Young almost single handedly won the national championship game, and is one of the best scrambling quarterbacks in college football history.

4) New York Jets- AJ Hawk LB Ohio State Sr.

With AJ Hawk and Jonathan Vilma, the Jets could have one of the league’s most lethal linebacking cores in a couple years. The Jets get in position to jump ahead of Buffalo in the division next year. Hawk brings all of the tools you look for in a linebacker. He can blitz, he can tackle, and he can cover.

5) Houston Texans (from Packers)- D’Brickshaw Ferguson Virginia Sr.

The Texans really have no need for Reggie Bush, so trading down and picking up draft picks is a wise choice. Now, with their six picks in the top 4 rounds, they can completely rebuild the offensive line that had trouble protecting David Carr and creating holes for Domanick Davis. Ferguson gives the Texans a big, physical tackle to protect David Carr’s blindside. With an upgraded offensive line, this team could potentially be a 9 or 10 win team.

6) Oakland Raiders (7?)- Mario Williams DE North Carolina State Jr.

While the Raiders were able to pick up Derrick Burgess through free agency, their defense died sometime last summer. Adding Williams gives the Raiders a lethal pass rush duo to drive opposing offensive lines and quarterbacks crazy. With such a potent threat on the defensive line, the secondary and linebackers should benefit. With an upgraded defense, the Raiders could move closer towards contending for the division title.

7) San Francisco 49ers (8?)- DeAngelo Williams RB Memphis Sr.

Last year, they drafted their franchise quarterback. This year, they pick up their franchise running back. It’s time for the 49ers to realize some things. Kevan Barlow is not a franchise running back and should not be back with the team next summer. And, Frank Gore is going to be nothing more than a backup, provided he can stay healthy. With Williams, the Niners get a stellar athlete, who dishes out more punishment than he receives. Williams could turn out to be one of the league’s top dual purpose backs.

8) Baltimore Ravens (from Bills)- Haloti Ngata DT Oregon Jr.

The Ravens swap first rounders with Buffalo, sending their second round pick next year and DT Kelly Gregg to the Bills. Ngata is the ideal DT for the Ravens’ defense. If they run a 3-4, he can force opposing teams to double him, allowing blitzing linebackers to get through the line untouched. If he is in a 4-3, he can become a solid run stopper, often swallowing up opposing teams’ inside running games.

9) Detroit Lions- Winston Justice OT USC Jr.

Much like with the Texans, the Lions had trouble protecting their quarterback. Joey Harrington was hit seemingly every time he stepped back to pass. With Justice, the Lions address their main need for extra line help. With the addition of Justice, and maybe one more key lineman, Kevin Jones might have a 1000 yard season next year, and Joey might actually make some big plays.

10) Arizona Cardinals- Vernon Davis TE Maryland Jr.

In previous years, they’ve added Anquan Boldin, Larry Fitzgerald, and JJ Arrington, to form a great young nucleus for the offense. This year, it’s time to get a tight end. Davis, is by far the cream of the crop in what may turn out to be the best draft for tight end’s in a long time. He is an offensive weapon any time he steps onto the field, possessing great speed, great hands, and the rare ability to make big plays after the catch. If they find a suitable quarterback, this team could have the NFL’s best passing attack.

11) St. Louis Rams- Michael Huff S Texas Sr.

The Rams defense was pitiful last year. In Huff, they get a ballhawk to pair up with hard hitter Adam Archuleta(if re-signed) next year. Add in DeJuan Groce and Jerametrius Butler, and the Rams could have a solid secondary for years to come. Huff’s ability to put points on the board after an interception and his on the field intelligence make him a great addition.

12) Cleveland Browns- Jimmy Williams CB Virginia Tech Sr.

Last year, the Browns upgraded their secondary by signing Gary Baxter as a free agent and drafting Brodney Pool in the second round. This year, drafting Jimmy Williams will make them even better. Williams has what defensive coordinators dream of, with his size and speed. At 6-3 and over 215 pounds, Williams is able to throw his weight around against physically weaker receivers. He could be a great bump and run corner, as he has the strength to jam a receiver and the speed to stay with almost anyone.

13) Buffalo Bills (from Ravens)- Mathias Kiwanuka DE Boston College Sr.

Trading down five spots helps the Bills. Not only do they pick up a high draft pick for next year, but they also add a much needed defensive tackle, to try to help ease the pain of losing Pat Williams. After picking up Gregg in the trade, the Bills are able to focus their attention to their other big need on the defensive line. Adding Kiwanuka, gives them a fundamentally sound defensive end. At 6-7, Kiwanuka is a big obstacle that opposing quarterbacks must throw over. His superb pass rushing abilities and his intelligence on the field make him a dangerous player.

14) Philadelphia Eagles- Santonio Holmes WR Ohio State Jr.

With the devastating injury to Todd Pinkston and TO’s off the field problems, the Eagles were a bit short handed at the receiver position. Seldom used receiver Greg Lewis and Reggie Brown were pushed into starting roles. With the addition of Holmes, the Eagles get a speedster with the ability to make big plays. His willingness to block almost anyone should help the Eagles establish some sort of a running game, even if it is minute.

15) Atlanta Falcons- Tamba Hali DE Penn State Sr.

One year after reaching the NFC Championship, the Falcons missed the playoffs. A main part of that was the defense. The defensive line in particular. Adding Hali, gives them a pass rush duo to put pressure on opposing QB’s and take it off the secondary and linebackers. After adding a safety in the next round, the Falcons defense should be solid.

16) Miami Dolphins- Jay Cutler QB Vanderbilt Sr.

Since the retirement of Dan Marino, the Dolphins have lacked a real starting quarterback. This past season, they found something that worked, when Gus Frerotte threw for almost 3000 yards. Unfortunately, he turns 35 years old this year. He may only have a few years left in the league, so it is time to find his replacement. Cutler, who played at Vanderbilt has a cannon for an arm. He can be a pocket passer or throw on the run, without worrying about taking the hit afterwards. If he pans out as planned, then he will be the steal of the first round.

17) Minnesota Vikings- Laurence Maroney RB Minnesota Jr.

Minnesota’s backfield has been weak in the last few years. Onterrio Smith is a criminal. Michael Bennett, their best tailback, is a free agent and will go elsewhere. Ciatrick Fason is better suited for a backup running back. Moe Williams has been reduced to a short yardage guy. And, Mewelde Moore is an injury-prone pass catching running back. The drafting of Maroney, who played his college ball in Minnesota gives the Vikings a strong presence in the backfield. Teams will be forced to play both pass and run defense, instead of stacking against the pass.

18) Dallas Cowboys- Marcus McNeill OT Auburn Sr.

The weakness of the Cowboys offense throughout this past season was the inability of their tackles to handle a defensive end by themselves. Rob Petiti and Torrin Tucker just couldn’t protect Drew Bledsoe. At 6-9 and 338 pounds, McNeil is hard to get by. Adding him to the starting lineup next season could lead to an increase in both the team’s passing and rushing yardage.

19) San Diego Chargers- Daryn Colledge OT Boise St. Sr.

With the anticipated retirement of Roman Oben and the rash of injuries last year, the Chargers could use some help in the trenches. Colledge, is perhaps the most versatile lineman in the draft, being able to play both guard and tackle. This gives coach Schottenheimer many options up front, with the most obvious having Colledge play left tackle. He is my sleeper pick. I look for him to make an impact, and as we can see, the Chargers have a knack for finding talent in the draft as of late.

20) Kansas City Chiefs- Brodrick Bunkley DT Florida St. Sr.

The Chiefs need to continue to build up their defense, if they want to be a playoff team again. Bunkley is a guy who does the little things. Sure, he can stop the run, but he will also be able to keep blockers off of his linebackers. As one of those hard workers, the Chiefs coaching staff can be sure that he will never give up in the middle of a play and leave it all out on the field.

BIG BEN'S FRO
01-16-2006, 11:07 AM
Gotta say that Green Bay trading those picks to move up sounds like a great idea. They would be competitive with Bush and Favre for the year, probably just enough to keep that first rounder from being a top 3 pick. Bush, Rodgers, Driver, and Walker certainly are a good core of offensive players to have.

As for my Lions, I think a lot of whom we take is going to depend on who our new coach is. I think if we get Grimm, I think Lendale White could be a possibility. As crazy as that sounds, we would use White in Bettis's role and Kevin Jones in the role Willie Parker filled for the Steelers. Bryson would finally be cut, and Pinner would be a fine 3rd back. The only thing missing would be great offensive lineman and a good QB (joke).

If by any chance AJ Hawk falls to us, I think he would be a no brainer regardless of who is coach.

WTFchris
01-16-2006, 01:04 PM
I don't see why GB would do that. Their team is horrible and needs more things than we do. Why trade 2 picks to get Bush? They could simply draft Lendale White or Deangelo Williams and use those extra two picks to fix their OL.

kdawg32086
01-16-2006, 03:24 PM
I don't see why GB would do that. Their team is horrible and needs more things than we do. Why trade 2 picks to get Bush? They could simply draft Lendale White or Deangelo Williams and use those extra two picks to fix their OL.

I think they can pick up a solid lineman with their second round pick. This draft is very deep in that area. And then, they can use their late rounders/compensation picks(if any) to fill out this year's roster.

WTFchris
01-17-2006, 09:22 AM
But they need LB help, and defensive back help A LOT. Plus they have at least 2 holes to fill on the OL. And they could use a TE too (Franks isn't getting any younger), and possibly a WR (walker had a huge injury, and he is a FA now too). I don't see them trading away picks when their are 2 more stud RB's there for them to take.

Varsity
01-17-2006, 03:06 PM
Please not the dude from BC. Have any of you actually seen him play.

I talked to some people on the BC board and they think he would be better in the 3-4 as an outside LB. He needs to gain weight at the next level because he cannot hold up against the run. He also is very stiff and too often is a nonfactor. I saw him 2-4 times this year and he just was not the best player on the field and he was not doubled team as much as you would think.

Art

You know...after doing my mock..I have heard similar things..but from watching him I know he's strong as hell and fast. He is not very polished, but he also hasn't played a ton of football. That said, athletes like that aren't always available...I think with experience he could be very scary down the road.

kdawg32086
01-18-2006, 12:01 AM
Kiwanuka is also one of the best contain DE's in college football. I have yet to see him allow a QB to get outside.

Taymelo
01-25-2006, 02:23 PM
I just checked out some mock drafts on the net, and they are all over the place.

Take the qb, Cutler, for instance. He is seen as going anywhere from 4 to 16 in the mocks I've read.

And Brick seems to have jumped from around 10 a few weeks ago to a lock at #4 in every mock I've seen - with the exception of the one where Cutler goes #4.

Some of these mocks also have the Lions taking Cutler. I certainly hope they don't.

If they can't get Ferguson (which it appears they can't), I'd trade down to somewhere between 15 and 20 and get one of the other highly rated OL's, like Justice.

Glenn
01-26-2006, 08:17 AM
I think a trade down is the right move for the Lions, but I thought that last year too.

If you are not going to take a skill position player, move down and accumulate picks.

H1Man
01-27-2006, 02:35 AM
I just checked out some mock drafts on the net, and they are all over the place.

Take the qb, Cutler, for instance. He is seen as going anywhere from 4 to 16 in the mocks I've read.

And Brick seems to have jumped from around 10 a few weeks ago to a lock at #4 in every mock I've seen - with the exception of the one where Cutler goes #4.

Some of these mocks also have the Lions taking Cutler. I certainly hope they don't.

If they can't get Ferguson (which it appears they can't), I'd trade down to somewhere between 15 and 20 and get one of the other highly rated OL's, like Justice.

I have not seen Ferguson outside of the Top 10 in any mock drafts yet. The lowest I have seen him going was at #9 to us. Most of the drafts have him going at either #1 or #4.

And the only mock draft that has us taking Cutler is Mel Kiper's.