WTFDetroit.com

View Full Version : NO win cost Lions #2 overall pick

H1Man
01-02-2006, 12:13 AM
Since GB, NY Jets and SF won today, we would have been picking #2 overall assuming we lost the Saints game. Instead we will be picking #9.We could've had a shot at Leinhart, Ferguson, Hawk or even Bush (if the Texans didn't pick him). Or we could try to trade down and get multiple pick in return.

I do like the fact that we won the game. It means that our players didn't quit and played to win. Either that or NO is a really bad team.

But isn't it nice to think of who we could've picked at #2.

Artis Gilmore
01-02-2006, 12:19 AM
OH

MY

FUCKING

GOD

Artis Gilmore
01-02-2006, 12:19 AM
Does any one have the draft picks in order?

H1Man
01-02-2006, 12:26 AM
Does any one have the draft picks in order?
1st - Houston Texans
2nd - New Orleans Saints
3rd - Tenneesse Titans
4th - NY Jets
5th - Green Bay Packers
6th - San Francisco 49ers
7th - Oakland Raiders
8th - Buffalo Bills
9th - Detroit Lions
10th - Arizona Cardinals

That's all I know off the top of my head, I will post the whole draft order sometime soon.

Darth Thanatos
01-02-2006, 01:00 AM
I'll pass on Jason White(Leinart) and Hershell Walker(Bush).

We'll still get the player that we need with the 9th pick(OL, CB).

GotCrotty?
01-02-2006, 02:37 AM
Matt Millen is our team president.

McJosher
01-02-2006, 01:23 PM
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/features/draftorder.html

Artermis
01-02-2006, 01:37 PM
Looking at the draft list...if Vince Young comes out...he goes to Tennessee. McNair only has maybe 1-2 years left and that is the perfect amount of time to get Young ready for them. NO takes Leinhart. I dont want Young and that is my way of getting rid of him...:)

Art

Moodini31
01-02-2006, 02:12 PM
Since GB, NY Jets and SF won today, we would have been picking #2 overall assuming we lost the Saints game. Instead we will be picking #9.We could've had a shot at Leinhart, Ferguson, Hawk or even Bush (if the Texans didn't pick him). Or we could try to trade down and get multiple pick in return.

I do like the fact that we won the game. It means that our players didn't quit and played to win. Either that or NO is a really bad team.

But isn't it nice to think of who we could've picked at #2.

Is that a fact? I made a similar post on our fantasy football message board after the Lions got another late season meaningless win! I was freaking livid and I am again now!!!! AAAAAAAAH! :banghead: The Detroit Lions, the worst organization in professional sports. They can't even get losing right!

VaginaFan69
01-02-2006, 04:09 PM
the titans wont take vince young

volek is thier qb of the future, and they turned down draft picks last year for him.

1. Houston-bush
2. Saints- leinart
3. Titans- ferguson
4. Jets- Deangalo Williams

WTFchris
01-03-2006, 09:13 AM
This is the mock for nfldraftcountdown:

1. HOUSTON TEXANS
REGGIE BUSH RB | Southern Cal

2. NEW ORLEANS SAINTS
MATT LEINART QB | Southern Cal

3. TENNESSEE TITANS
D'BRICKASHAW FERGUSON OT | Virginia

4. NEW YORK JETS
VINCE YOUNG QB | Texas

5. GREEN BAY PACKERS
A.J. HAWK OLB | Ohio St.

6. OAKLAND RAIDERS
MARIO WILLIAMS DE | North Carolina St.

7. SAN FRANCICSO 49'ERS
JIMMY WILLIAMS CB | Virginia Tech

8. BUFFALO BILLS
HALOTI NGATA DT | Oregon

9. DETROIT LIONS
WINSTON JUSTICE OT | Southern Cal

10. ARIZONA CARDINALS
DEANGELO WILLIAMS RB | Memphis

I'm hoping a team like SF or NYJ reaches for Deangelo Williams so we can grab somebody besides an OT not named DeBrickshaw. I'd rather get a OT in the 2nd round since this draft is deep with them.

Black Dynamite
01-03-2006, 12:35 PM
thank goodness the raiders didnt get the higher pick. we are almost sure to grab a DE/LB/S barring the five other teams ahead of us passing on bush or lienhart.

i hope the packers pass on hawk. he would be the best possible pick for my team.

WTFchris
01-03-2006, 12:45 PM
I'm hoping the Jets have faith in Pennington and grab Deangelo Williams. That way the Raiders can take Young and Mario or Jimmy falls to us.

H1Man
01-03-2006, 12:48 PM
I'm hoping the Jets have faith in Pennington and grab Deangelo Williams. That way the Raiders can take Young and Mario or Jimmy falls to us.

If the Jet's don't reach, I hope the 49ers reach for a WR.

WTFchris
01-03-2006, 12:51 PM

If the Jet's don't reach, I hope the 49ers reach for a WR.

If the jets don't grab Deangelo, I think the 49ers might. they need a RB badly too. The Raiders might take Jimmy since they've never made Woodsen happy and I have no idea who else they have there.

MoTown
01-03-2006, 12:57 PM
The way I see it, no matter who the Lions draft, they will end up sucking. It's just a matter of who's carreer we want to screw up the most. Who do the Lions hate? They might as well trade everything they have to get Reggie Bush, just to see if they could ruin his carreer.

Darth Thanatos
01-03-2006, 02:11 PM
Anything other than a CB or OL in the first round is a failure.

WTFchris
01-03-2006, 02:13 PM
Anything other than a CB or OL in the first round is a failure.

What about Mario Williams?

Darth Thanatos
01-03-2006, 02:14 PM
The way I see it, no matter who the Lions draft, they will end up sucking. It's just a matter of who's carreer we want to screw up the most. Who do the Lions hate? They might as well trade everything they have to get Reggie Bush, just to see if they could ruin his carreer.

No negative nancies allowed in this thread. kthx