WTFDetroit.com

View Full Version : Psp

Black Dynamite
12-28-2005, 02:10 AM
Its a nice piece of hardware. expensive as hell though. But its gonna be a great asset for long trips. It can also make pacemakers go wild with its wifi capabilities. ....well maybe thats not a good thing. nevetheless the movies on it are flawless and my only complaint at the moment is that if you wanna download your larger converted movies on there, you're gonna need a seriously large memory card or the 4gb hard drive. either way you're spending 100-230 dollars doing that. otherwise i feel no regret over buying this instead of a 360 since i'll be traveling more this year anyways.

has anyone else tried it out?

ojay
12-28-2005, 03:20 AM
Definitely something if you're on the go. The games, the movies, ability to put SNES emulators, music, and of course interweb, I feel I made a fine purchase.

DennyMcLain
12-28-2005, 03:21 AM
PSP is fucking cool, but how's the battery life on it? I suppose you can buy back-up, but it seems to be a toy were adding option could land you in a heap of debt. Like you said, the memory sticks are bank. Probably, so too, is reserve mobile power supplies.

Black Dynamite
12-28-2005, 10:06 AM
PSP is fucking cool, but how's the battery life on it? I suppose you can buy back-up, but it seems to be a toy were adding option could land you in a heap of debt. Like you said, the memory sticks are bank. Probably, so too, is reserve mobile power supplies.
not as much as the memerory sticks. but no, theres nothing cheap about psp and its products. it last 4-6 hours depending on how you use it. if you blast the sound and leave it on for no reason at all it'll be closer to the 3-4 hour range. this is enough for most plane trips and definately enough for my train ride im taking since trains carry power outlets these days. as far as car travel its enough too if you are spending a night in a hotel. but even some cars have power outlets these days.

@ojay-yea, as much as playstation gets dissed for making their products do everything else along with playing games, but i love it. why not make your products capable of as much mass media as possible when you ask so much for it anyways? I know there will plenty of outside media capabilities for the ps3 and i hope hits the sooner part of this year as opposed to the later part.

Moodini31
03-23-2006, 08:42 PM
I've been thinking about buying a PSP for a long time. My girlfriend keeps getting on my ass saying "You're a 25 year old teacher, you don't need a freaking Gameboy." I'm like, "It's not a damn Gameboy." Her opinion always weighs heavily on me. Someone list me some reasons why I should get it and talk me into it.

Black Dynamite
03-23-2006, 09:52 PM
you cant beat your girlfriends powers over you. But its great IMO.

Graphics are solid
It can play movies,music, and hold slideshow pics.
Can link wireless internet with its own IE browser.
Can be used to play homebrew converted games from n64, snes, genesis, and psone. I even heard theres a tecmo super bowl convert floating around somewhere.
Its pretty lightweight and can be hooked into various other things(pc's, xbox, and ps3)

the bad:
Pricey and buying a 512mb or higher mb is almost a necessity for downloads. And those are also pricey.
Theres no repair market for it. So i recommend that you hold on to your receipt and keep the thing out of the reach of people who'd bust it up. though its pretty durable in most cases.
Its supply of games is still a lil' thin.
The analog stick sucks but its easy removable and can be replaced with a better one.. The only game you need it on though it GTA.

All in all its a solid lil' thing if you can afford the pricey items. but i don't recommend cashing out on it if its not in the current budget. It was a gift to me over the holidays and i probally wouldnt have bought it myself.

Waydowntownbang
03-24-2006, 11:43 AM
I've been thinking about buying a PSP for a long time. My girlfriend keeps getting on my ass saying "You're a 25 year old teacher, you don't need a freaking Gameboy." I'm like, "It's not a damn Gameboy." Her opinion always weighs heavily on me. Someone list me some reasons why I should get it and talk me into it.

Coming from someone who is 29 and recently married, here's your answer.

You're not a pussy.

That's the best reason. If you're like this now, wait until you get married. You might as well leave your balls at the alter.

Black Dynamite
03-24-2006, 11:48 AM

Coming from someone who is 29 and recently married, here's your answer.

You're not a pussy.

That's the best reason. If you're like this now, wait until you get married. You might as well leave your balls at the alter.
i learned not to apply your own relationship to someone else's a long time ago. Too many variables and its just not the same. Nevertheless you're right on a general scale.

Cross
03-24-2006, 06:19 PM
I have it. Got it last April. It was really the thing to have in April for me. I bought 2 games, NBA and Need for Speed at the time. The NBA game sucks ass, but its fun to play. Shooting on it is hard at first, but once you get it down, you dont miss. However, you cant trade in season mode, its very simple, too simple. The need for speed game isnt all that bad. The guy at Best BUy actually recommended the game. With that I got Spider man 2 or something.

Is it worth the 350?

It can be. It can a lot of shit, and its fucking small. The thing is, the memory is very little. You have to buy a big ass memory stick which is about 108 bucks. If you want movies and shit on it, get a 1 gig. When you can buy movies that were made for PSP, play games, music and put your downloaded shit to it, its a very nice thing to have.

Did you know you can get access to the internet? I tried to but im too much of a dumbfuck to know how to do these complicated shit.