WTFDetroit.com

View Full Version : "Athletes doing stupid things" now featuring Gerald Laird's Grandpa

Glenn
12-27-2005, 10:58 AM
This is a good one.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2272046

Reardon charged with armed robbery

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Associated Press

PALM BEACH GARDENS, Fla. -- Former major league pitcher Jeff Reardon was arrested Monday on charges he robbed a jewelry store.

Reardon, 50, walked into Hamilton Jewelers at the Gardens Mall about 11:50 a.m. Monday and handed an employee a note that said he had a gun and the store was being robbed, according to the Palm Beach Gardens Police Department.

Reardon fled the store with an undisclosed amount of cash. Police found him at a nearby restaurant, recovered the stolen money and charged him with armed robbery.

Reardon was in the Palm Beach County jail early Tuesday awaiting a bond hearing.

The four-time All-Star was 73-77 with 367 saves and a 3.16 ERA in 16 seasons with the Montreal Expos, Boston Red Sox, Cincinnati Reds, New York Yankees and Minnesota Twins.

http://espn-att.starwave.com/media/mlb/2005/1227/photo/a_reardon05_195.jpg

Cross
12-27-2005, 11:59 PM
Artest should be the king of this thread

Artis Gilmore
12-28-2005, 12:22 AM
Pacer Foward caught fucking a pig outside arena

Associated Press

INDIANAPOLIS, Ind.-- Ron Artest gets arrested for fucking a pig

Indiana Pacer foward Ron Artest, was found in Indianaoplis yesterday fucking a pig right in the ass. He was outside of Conseco Fieldhouse when a pig went right by him and Artest just started fucking him. Cops came by the scene and arrested him.

"It's a shame". Said Pacers President Larry Bird. "Thank god we are trading him".

When Jermaine O'neal was asked about Artest fucking the pig, he answered this:

"If Ben Wallace wants to fight me again so be it, I'm ready for dat Ni***."

"WE RIDE TOGETHER, NO MATTER IF HE FUCKED THE PIG OR NOT" Replied teamate Stephen Jackson.

Donnie Walsh just said "Happy Hunnkah"

If covicted, Artest will face 300 hours of community service and 37 days in prison. Plus a month probation.

Cross
12-30-2005, 10:37 AM
HAHA thats too funny.

Unibomber
12-30-2005, 10:42 PM

Associated Press

Indiana Pacer foward Ron Artest, was found in Indianaoplis yesterday fucking a pig right in the ass. He was outside of Conseco Fieldhouse when a pig went right by him and Artest just started fucking him. Cops came by the scene and arrested him.

"It's a shame". Said Pacers President Larry Bird. "Thank god we are trading him".

"WE RIDE TOGETHER, NO MATTER IF HE FUCKED THE PIG OR NOT" Replied teamate Stephen Jackson.

If covicted, Artest will face 300 hours of community service and 37 days in prison. Plus a month probation.

Best. Fucking. Post. EVER!!!

How about Marcus Camby asking for extra money to comply with the NBA dress code. That was the fucking dumbest thing I'd ever heard.

Indiana Pacer foward Ron Artest, was found in Indianaoplis yesterday fucking a pig right in the ass. He was outside of Conseco Fieldhouse when a pig went right by him and Artest just started fucking him.

If I ever see connecting sentences such as those from an AP report I'm going to die laughing.

Mikey
12-30-2005, 10:47 PM

Associated Press

Well, we all know who the greatest human being who's ever lived award goes to.

I'm crying right now this shit is so funny.

Anthony
12-31-2005, 01:38 AM

Associated Press

Too funny.

DrRay11
12-31-2005, 11:49 AM
Am I the only one who didn't laugh at that?

Artis Gilmore
12-31-2005, 02:31 PM
:roll:

DrRay11
12-31-2005, 04:21 PM
I was just asking, steve. No need to get testy.

Artis Gilmore
12-31-2005, 05:51 PM
:roll:

:P

Vinny
12-31-2005, 07:45 PM
No.

ThePriestTouchedMe
01-02-2006, 02:19 AM

Associated Press

How about Marcus Camby asking for extra money to comply with the NBA dress code. That was the fucking dumbest thing I'd ever heard.

Indiana Pacer foward Ron Artest, was found in Indianaoplis yesterday fucking a pig right in the ass. He was outside of Conseco Fieldhouse when a pig went right by him and Artest just started fucking him.

If I ever see connecting sentences such as those from an AP report I'm going to die laughing.

Oi, PNF. If you can guess who this is, I'll give Linh another solid kick for good measure.

Unibomber
01-02-2006, 07:17 PM

Associated Press

Oi, PNF. If you can guess who this is, I'll give Linh another solid kick for good measure.

Welcome. We've been waiting for you. :P

Seriously, good to see you here. And nice name.

ThePriestTouchedMe
01-03-2006, 12:11 AM
Welcome, (What the fuck you thinking?). We've been waiting for you. :P

Remove the name pal.... Don't want the Admin over there at RGM ripping me a new one.

Black Dynamite
01-03-2006, 12:23 AM
No.
me neither actually. valiant effort. but not really laugh funny. maybe i've seen too many artest jokes.

Unibomber
01-03-2006, 02:13 AM
Welcome, (What the fuck you thinking?). We've been waiting for you. :P

Remove the name pal.... Don't want the Admin over there at RGM ripping me a new one.

:shock: Sorry...

Glenn
01-26-2006, 01:11 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-steelers-longautopsy&prov=ap&type=lgns

New ruling: Steelers' Terry Long killed self by drinking antifreeze

January 26, 2006

PITTSBURGH (AP) -- Former Pittsburgh Steelers lineman Terry Long committed suicide by drinking antifreeze, a revised death certificate shows, and his death was not a direct result of football-related head injuries as previously ruled.

The Allegheny County coroner ruled in September that Long, 45, had died of meningitis. The condition, a swelling of the lining of Long's brain, was caused by football-related "chronic traumatic encephalopathy," also known as "punch-drunk syndrome," said the coroner at the time, Dr. Cyril Wecht.

But a revised death certificate, which Wecht's office never publicly announced, was filed Oct. 19, listing the manner of Long's death as suicide from drinking antifreeze. The ruling was changed when outside laboratory tests on Long's tissue and urine showed they contained ethylene glycol, the active ingredient in antifreeze, county officials said.

The finding was first reported by Pittsburgh Post-Gazette on Thursday. The Allegheny County Medical Examiner's Office, which was created to take over the coroner's duties earlier this month, confirmed the ruling to The Associated Press on Thursday.

Long died in a hospital about five hours after he was found unresponsive in his suburban Pittsburgh home on June 7.

The cause of death is still listed as swelling of the brain and the brain lining, but drinking the antifreeze is now listed as the primary reason for the fatal brain injuries.

The original findings reinvigorated the debate over the dangers football players -- particularly linemen -- face from repetitive head injuries.

Dr. Bennet Omalu, a neurologist who worked on Long's autopsy and is still with the medical examiner's office, maintains that football-related injuries contributed to Long's death.

"People with chronic encephalopathy suffer from depression," Omalu told the newspaper. "The major depressive disorder may manifest as suicide attempts. Terry Long committed suicide due to the chronic traumatic encephalopathy due to his long-term play."

Steelers team physician Dr. Joseph Maroon, a neurosurgeon and nationally recognized expert on concussions, disagrees with Omalu.

"I think it's fallacious reasoning, and I don't think it's plausible at all," Maroon said. "To go back and say that he was depressed from playing in the NFL and that led to his death 14 years later, I think is purely speculative."

Long started at right guard for the Steelers from 1984 until 1991, when he attempted suicide with rat poison after he was suspended for violating the NFL's steroid policy. Long later rejoined the team although he was not re-signed after one season.

In March, Long was indicted by a federal grand jury on charges he fraudulently obtained loans for a chicken-processing plant which prosecutors allege he burned to the ground for the insurance money. At the time he died, Long's neighbor said he was separated from his second wife and was depressed about that as well as the federal charges he faced.

Glenn
01-27-2006, 08:29 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2308253

Rider held in California on kidnapping charge

Associated Press

MARIN, Calif. -- Troubled former NBA player Isaiah Rider was arrested by Marin County sheriff's deputies on charges of kidnapping a female acquaintance, authorities said.

Rider, 34, was being held Thursday on $2 million bail at Marin County Jail on charges of kidnapping and battery, said Sgt. Bruce Baker of the Marin County Sheriff's office. Rider, who also faces an outstanding warrant for resisting arrest in Alameda County, was scheduled to be arraigned on Friday.

Rider allegedly got into an argument Wednesday night with the unidentified female acquaintance and drove off with her against her will, Baker said. The woman began to scream, attracting the attention of police. Authorities tracked Rider down early Thursday morning and arrested him, Baker said. The woman was not injured.

Rider racked up hundreds of thousands of dollars in fines and suspensions in his NBA career, which ended in 2001. His offenses ranged from being tardy to practice to spitting at fans and airport personnel to crimes of assault and marijuana possession.

He spent two days in jail for failing to perform court-ordered community service that resulted from a 1994 assault charge for kicking a woman in the back after a disagreement at an autograph signing.

In May 1997 he was convicted of marijuana possession and later pleaded no contest to possessing unregistered cellular phones.

Rider was the fifth overall pick by Minnesota in the 1993 NBA draft and spent three seasons with the Timberwolves, winning the slam dunk championship his rookie season.

He was then traded to Portland in 1996 and spent three seasons with the Trail Blazers. He was suspended for a total of 12 games during his time in Portland, including three by the NBA in 1997 for spitting at a fan in Detroit.

After getting traded to Atlanta for Steve Smith on Aug. 2, 1999, Rider was late to his first day of camp, and never could get along with coach Lenny Wilkens. He was released in March 2000 after refusing to accept a three-game suspension for being late to a game.

He spent the 2000-01 season with the Los Angeles Lakers and was suspended five games that season for violating the league's anti-drug program.

He joined Denver the next season and was waived in November 2001 after playing just 10 games with the Nuggets. Rider never played again in the NBA.

Rider averaged 16.8 points per game in his career.

Unibomber
01-27-2006, 08:11 PM
Birdman Suspended For Two Years
27th January, 2006 - 7:26 pm
Press Release - The NBA announced today that Chris Andersen of the New Orleans/Oklahoma City Hornets has been dismissed and disqualified from the league for violating the terms of the Anti-Drug Program agreed to by the NBA and the National Basketball Players Association.

A veteran player such as Andersen who is dismissed from the league under the Anti-Drug Program cannot apply for reinstatement for at least two years.

The NBA, NBA teams, and the Players Association are prohibited from publicly disclosing information regarding the testing or treatment of any NBA player under the Anti-Drug Program, other than to announce a player's suspension or dismissal from the league.

H1Man
02-10-2006, 06:16 PM
Clarett indicted on robbery, concealed gun charges

Former Ohio State star indicted

Former Ohio State star tailback Maurice Clarett was indicted on charges of robbing two people behind a bar and carrying a concealed weapon, a prosecutor said Friday.

Clarett is accused of flashing a gun and demanding property from a man and a woman early Jan. 1. Police said he got into a sport utility vehicle with two men after he was identified by the bar owner, who happened to come out into the alley.

No one was injured, and only a cell phone was taken, police said.

Clarett, who led Ohio State to the 2002 national championship, was charged with two counts of aggravated robbery and four lesser robbery counts, Franklin County Prosecutor Ron O'Brien said.

He only would be sentenced on two robbery charges if convicted, but O'Brien said the extra counts are "backup charges" to give a jury options.

If convicted of the two most serious armed robbery charges, he would face up to 26 years in prison.

Clarett's attorney, William Settina, said he might issue a statement later Friday. He refused to discuss details of the case.

Clarett, 22, was sought by police for almost two days before he turned himself in about the time the Buckeyes were completing a win over Notre Dame in the Fiesta Bowl on Jan. 2. He posted $50,000 bond and was released from jail.

Clarett rushed for 1,237 yards and scored 16 touchdowns as an Ohio State freshman in 2002.

His final touchdown, in the second overtime of the Fiesta Bowl, gave the Buckeyes a 31-24 upset of top-ranked Miami for the national title.

The prosecutor urged the two people who were reportedly with Clarett in the SUV to come forward. Authorities are continuing to search for them and have not identified them, O'Brien said. They could face charges of being accomplices.
http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/story/5321472

Glenn
07-12-2006, 11:36 AM
I wondered what ol' JR had been up to, looks like it's coke!

http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/chronicle/archive/2006/07/12/SPG13JTF4G1.DTL

Rider arrested for cocaine

Jim Herron Zamora
Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Oakland police reported Tuesday that former NBA player Isaiah "J.R." Rider, 35, was arrested early Sunday for felony cocaine possession at a home in the Oakland hills.

Lt. James Meeks would not say how much cocaine was found nor would he elaborate on details of the bust. Rider was arrested at 5:10 a.m. in the 600 block of Hiller Drive, near the Caldecott Tunnel.

The 1994 NBA slam-dunk champion whose career was cut short by legal troubles, Rider also is awaiting trial in Marin County on a kidnapping charge involving a former girlfriend. Rider, who played for five NBA teams from 1993 to 2001, was born in Oakland and went to Encinal High School in Alameda.

Glenn
08-09-2006, 07:41 AM
LMAO!!

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/local/sns-ap-fbc-clarett-arrested,0,815654.story?coll=orl-sports-headlines

Ex-Ohio State RB Maurice Clarett Arrested

By Associated Press |
Posted August 9, 2006, 7:23 AM EDT

COLUMBUS, Ohio -- Maurice Clarett was arrested early Wednesday after a highway chase that ended with police using Mace on the former Ohio State running back and finding four loaded guns in his truck, a police spokesman said.

Officers used Mace to subdue Clarett after a stun gun was ineffective because the former Fiesta Bowl star was wearing a bullet-resistant vest, Sgt. Michael Woods said.

"It took several officers to get him handcuffed," Woods said. "Even after he was placed in the paddy wagon, he was still kicking at the doors and being a problem for the officers."

Clarett was being interviewed at police headquarters. Authorities planned to charge him with carrying concealed weapons and other counts, Woods said.

Clarett made an illegal U-turn on the city's east side and failed to stop when officers tried to pull him over.

Clarett was being pursued by police while driving eastbound on Interstate 70 when he darted across the median and began heading west. Clarett drove over a spike strip that was placed on the highway, flattening the driver's side tires of the SUV, Woods said.

Clarett exited the highway and pulled into a restaurant parking lot, where officers removed him from the SUV after he failed to obey numerous orders to exit the vehicle, Woods said.

After Clarett was placed in a police van, officers discovered a loaded rifle and three loaded handguns in the front of the vehicle, Woods said.

Woods said he did not know where Clarett got the guns or why he had them and that federal authorities plan to trace their ownership.

Clarett, 22, is currently awaiting trial on two counts of aggravated robbery, four counts of robbery and one count of carrying a concealed weapon in a separate case. Authorities said he was identified by witnesses as the person who flashed a gun and robbed two people in an alley behind the Opium Lounge in the early hours of Jan. 1.

Clarett scored the winning touchdown in the second overtime to lead Ohio State to the 2002 national championship, the school's first since 1968. But that was the last game the freshman played for Ohio State. He sat out the 2003 season after being charged with misdemeanor falsification on a police report, then dropped out of school. He sued to be included in the 2004 NFL draft and lost in court.

A surprise third-round pick in the 2005 draft, he was cut by the Denver Broncos during the preseason.

Matt
08-09-2006, 12:35 PM
W....T....F.......

DennyMcLain
08-09-2006, 11:56 PM
Was the Clarett chase caught on tape? That shit would do "Girls Gone Wild" numbers in Michigan.

UxKa
08-10-2006, 02:18 AM
saw this earlier on tv... all i can say is shit man. 4 guns, a machete, half-empty bottle of vodka, bullet proof vest, spike strip, taser, and mace. wow. hes not gonna be playin with any oblong balls for about 10+ years, just the bad kind :eek:

Glenn
08-16-2006, 02:26 PM
http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory?id=2319762

Ex-NBA player Baxter arrested near White House

Reuters

WASHINGTON - Former Charlotte Bobcats basketball player Lonny Baxter was arrested early on Wednesday after a witness reported gunfire near the White House, a Secret Service spokesman said.

The witness flagged down a Secret Service officer about 2:30 a.m. (0630 GMT) and reported shots fired about five blocks from the White House, Secret Service spokesman Eric Zahren told Reuters. The witness also reported seeing a white SUV in the area, said Zahren.

The officer stopped Baxter's SUV and saw "in plain view a number of spent shell cartridges," said Zahren.

Baxter, 27, was arrested along with his passenger, Irvin Martin, 35, said Zahren.

The men are charged with carrying a pistol without a license and having an unregistered firearm and unregistered ammunition, he said.

Baxter, 6-foot-8 (2.2m) and 260 pounds (118 kg), was a four-year veteran of the NBA and last played for the Bobcats, who did not re-sign him after the 2005-06 season. He averaged just over four points during his pro career.

The power forward recently signed with Italian team Montepaschi Siena, a Bobcats spokesman said.

Baxter was listed as a member of the Bobcats on the team's Web site early Wednesday but later in the day his name was removed.

Zahren did not immediately know why the shots were fired, or if the two men remained in custody.

Uncle Mxy
08-16-2006, 04:47 PM
Rodney White all over again.
What is it about DC and Ballers Gone Shooting?

srt4b
08-17-2006, 07:46 AM
http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/MIN/9604490

MANKATO, Minn. (Aug. 16, 2006) -- The Minnesota Vikings ' long-term investment in receiver Koren Robinson seemed shaky after a DWI arrest that might cost the team one of its top offensive players.

Robinson's blue BMW sedan was caught on radar going more than 100 mph in a 55 mph zone at 10:45 p.m. on Aug. 15, and he refused to stop, St. Peter police chief Matt Peters said. Robinson was arrested by police about 10 miles away in Mankato, where the Vikings hold their training camp.

On Aug. 16, Robinson, who made the Pro Bowl last season after alcohol problems derailed his career in Seattle, was charged in Nicollet County with fleeing from police, a felony, along with two DWI charges and three other misdemeanors. A criminal complaint said a field test measured Robinson's blood-alcohol content at 0.11 percent.

He appeared at a brief court hearing wearing an orange jail jumpsuit and chained at the ankles. Robinson, who posted bail of $50,000, smiled at reporters but didn't respond to questions as he left the courthouse with his wife, Joy, and a friend. His next court appearance is Oct. 17.

His attorney, Joe Tamburino, said Robinson was looking forward to being back with the Vikings as soon as possible.

"Mr. Robinson is a fine individual," Tamburino said. "He takes these matters very seriously."

His agent, Alvin Keels, didn't respond to messages for comment.

Good to know KR takes goin a hunded milonour shitchin lanes liek woahvery seriously

Glenn
08-18-2006, 02:57 PM
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/baseball/2006-08-17-kevin-brown-neighbor-dispute_x.htm

Ex-hurler Kevin Brown, neighbor at odds

MACON, Ga. (AP) — A neighbor accused retired All-Star pitcher Kevin Brown of pulling a pistol during a dispute over yard debris, officials said.
Michael Haws, whose property backs up to Brown's estate, called Bibb County sheriff's deputies Monday after an argument. He said it began when he found Brown throwing grass clippings over the fence into Haws' yard.

Haws told deputies that Brown pulled a gun and warned him against coming onto Brown's property, but did not point the gun at him.

Brown, baseball's first "$100 million-dollar man," told deputies that he carries a gun while strolling through the woods because he often sees snakes, and had seen one the previous day.

"The guy admits he was dumping stuff on my property," Brown told The Associated Press. "I have more than a few neighbors. Some of them dump trash onto my property. If I see it I'll put a limb over the fence into their yard. It's a subtle way of saying 'please stop dumping.'"

"He got irate and he threatened me, he's threatening to take me out. I stepped back away from the fence, took the gun out of my pocket and held it by my side. I think it was something anybody would have done in my situation."

Brown, who once broke his left hand punching the wall outside Yankees manager Joe Torre's office, told investigators that it was Haws who threw yard debris onto his property. He said he found clippings on his side of the fence and tossed a couple of fistfuls back into Haws' yard, the deputies' report stated.

Neither wanted to press charges, the report stated. Deputies said Brown resolved to "put up a taller fence" and Haws said he planned to buy a mulching mower.

Brown, 41, a middle Georgia native who pitched for Georgia Tech, was drafted fourth overall by the Texas Rangers in 1986. He also played for the Baltimore Orioles, Florida Marlins and San Diego Padres before signing a seven-year, $105 million contract with the Los Angeles Dodgers after the 1998 season.

The right-hander went to the Yankees in a December 2003 trade and went 10-6 with a 4.09 ERA the following season but experienced health problems. Toward the end of the season, he broke his hand outside Torre's office. Brown did pitch in the post-season, lasting less than two innings against the Red Sox in Game 7 of the 2004 AL Championship Series.

He missed several games in 2005 due to injury and finished 4-7 with a 6.50 ERA. Brown announced his retirement in February after a 19-year major league career with a record of 211-144.

Glenn
08-31-2006, 07:31 AM
It's hard to believe that it's been nearly a decade since Spree last "choked a bitch" (as far as we know).

Also, LOL @ Spree for using the actual MB logo on his boat.

http://onmilwaukee.com/images/articles/spreeinvestigated_story1.jpg

Exclusive: Sprewell investigated for battery, choking in sexual incident

By OMC Staff Writers
Photography by Craig McKinney

Published Aug. 30, 2006 at 10:05 a.m.

Former National Basketball Association all-star and River Hills resident Latrell Sprewell is being investigated for battery and possible sexual assault, according to sources at the Milwaukee Police Department.

MPD spokesperson Anne E. Schwartz confirmed that Sprewell voluntarily appeared at Downtown police headquarters this morning with his attorneys, Steve Kohn and Jonathon Smith.

According to a police source, a 21-year-old female alleged that she and Sprewell were having consensual sex Tuesday aboard his yacht, "Milwaukee's Best," when Sprewell began to strangle her. Police allegedly observed red marks on the woman's neck.

Police are investigating the allegation and searched Sprewell's yacht for evidence, but it is uncertain at this point whether charges will be filed. A Milwaukee defense attorney contacted by OnMilwaukee.com said that if the sexual contact was consensual up until the choking incident, Sprewell could be charged with battery. If there were threats made, however, he could face a charge of second-degree aggravated sexual assault.

"If the act was consensual, this could be a tough case (for police)," the defense attorney said.

Milwaukee police recently investigated a similar case involving Cincinnati Reds relief pitcher Brian Shackelford. Shackelford was arrested on suspicion of third-degree sexual assault when a woman he met on Match.com claimed that he assaulted her after some consensual contact. The Milwaukee District Attorney's Office decided not to press charges in the matter.

Sprewell, 36, attended Washington High School in Milwaukee, starred in college at Alabama and went on to be a marquee player in the NBA. Despite his success on the court, he is perhaps best known for his choking incident of then Golden State Warriors coach P.J. Carlesimo during practice in 1997.

According to news accounts of the incident, Carlesimo criticized and then approached Sprewell, who threatened to kill him and then dragged him to the ground and choked him until teammates intervened. Sprewell was suspended 10 days without pay for the incident and the Warriors, facing intense pressure from fans and media, voided his contract.

Sprewell ended up sitting out the rest of that season and didn't return to the NBA until January, 1999, when the Warriors traded him to the New York Knicks. Sprewell became a fan favorite at Madison Square Garden, and went on to play two seasons for Minnesota. He sat out last season because he refused to sign with a team for the minimum salary. There was talk that he'd sign with Dallas or San Antonio before the playoffs, but nothing materialized.

Fool
08-31-2006, 10:24 AM
http://www.fenwickgifts.com/military/21-m-1058-1%20Dad.jpg

Glenn
10-06-2006, 07:52 AM
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/B/BKN_PACERS_GUNFIRE?SITE=MIDTN&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

Pacers' Jackson fires gun at strip club

INDIANAPOLIS (AP) -- Stephen Jackson of the Indiana Pacers was struck by a car and fired his gun outside a strip club early Friday, police said.

Jackson told officers he was slugged in the jaw when he went outside the club, was struck by a car and fired his 9 mm pistol in self-defense, Sgt. Matthew Mount told television station WTHR.

There were no reports of anyone being struck by the gunfire, and police did not make any immediate arrests.

The Indianapolis Star reported on its Web site that teammates Jamaal Tinsley and Marquis Daniels were also at the scene and had pistols in their cars. All three of the players had permits for the weapons.

DennyMcLain
10-06-2006, 02:47 PM
The Indianapolis Star reported on its Web site that teammates Jamaal Tinsley and Marquis Daniels were also at the scene and had pistols in their cars. All three of the players had permits for the weapons.

Would YOU give a gun permit to this man?

http://www.land-sharks.com/celeb/Tim%20and%20Stephen%20Jackson%20of%20Pacers.jpg

Oh, I forgot -- it's INDIANA!!!!

Black Dynamite
10-09-2006, 06:21 PM
actually its more surprising he got it in that hick state...[smilie=blaha.gif]

Glenn
12-07-2006, 08:56 AM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16071887/from/ET/

Former Lion Accused Of Crime

A former Detroit Lion is accused of holding his girlfriend and her three children hostage. Police said the woman escaped from a motel room in St. Augustine, Fla., and told a clerk she and her three children were being held against their will by Kerwin Waldroup.

One child told police his head was shaved as punishment.

The other child showed police bruises claiming Waldroup had beaten him, according to police.

Waldroup played defensive end for the Lions in the late 90s.

brihANA
01-05-2007, 12:04 AM
imagine lilving with him i had to. Im the 13 year old girl that lived wth him he made my mom ,ME AND MY BROTHER AND SISTER miserable he WAS VERY CONTROLLING AND ABUSIVE TO MY LIL BRO DID NOT ANYONE SEE THAT HE HAD PROBLEMS BACK THEN. LIKE HIS COACHES HIS TEAMMATES HE HAS SOME REAL MENTAL PROBLEMS .....WHAT REALLY GIVES!!!!!

Black Dynamite
01-05-2007, 01:36 AM
Hey, how did get out of your room?!...When he finds out he's gonna be pissed when he posts bail.

ERRR I kid, unlike Waldroup, Wu Tang is for the kids.

brihANA
01-05-2007, 09:17 AM
HOW DID I GET OUT OF THE ROOM MY MOM GOT OUT SHE LEFT ME AND MY BROTHER OH AND BY THE WAY HE IS NOT 11 HE IS 9 THEY HAD THAT WRONG ...ANYWAY MY MOM CALLED WHEN HER AND MY SISTER WAS ABLE TO LEAVE FOR A MINUTE HE HAD BEEN UNPLUGGING THE PHONE IN THE ROOM AND TAKING HER CELL PHONES THE POLICE FOUND THEM UNDER THE MATTRESS IN THE HOTEL ROOM.... AND FAR AS HIM MAKING BAIL FAT CHANCE HE IS BROKE BECAUSE OF HIS COCAIN HABIT,,,NONE REALLY LIKES HIM LIKE THAT TO HELP HIM PLUS IF BY CHANCE HE DOSE THERE IS A NO CONTACT ORDER

MikeMyers
01-05-2007, 01:25 PM
This might be the first time someone that was involved in a story posted on a board.

Fool
01-05-2007, 01:27 PM
Nope.

Glenn?

Glenn
01-05-2007, 01:31 PM
Nope.

Glenn?

Why me?

http://wtfdetroit.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6714

Matt
01-05-2007, 01:34 PM
Credit Fool for the assist, two points for Glenn.

brihANA
01-05-2007, 04:11 PM
maybe if people involved in situations like this. would speak out more pubilcy. maybe there would be more truth to the stories.people should know about him.

brihANA
01-05-2007, 04:43 PM
and just because im 13........ dnt think i dnt have valid points on seroius issues sooooo.....walk a mile in my shoes

Glenn
02-01-2007, 03:42 PM
http://www.nbcsports.com/cfb/959058/detail.html

Saban acknowledges using ethnic slur on tape

Updated: Feb.1, 2007, 1:55 pm

ESTTUSCALOOSA, Ala. (AP) -- As an audiotape spread on the Internet, Alabama coach Nick Saban acknowledged Wednesday using a phrase considered derogatory to Cajuns but said he doesn't condone such language and merely was repeating something a friend told him.

Saban, a former LSU and Miami Dolphins coach, used an ethnic slur Jan. 3 while telling Florida reporters in Tuscaloosa an anecdote about an LSU fan's angry reaction to his hiring.

When asked about the LSU fans' reaction, Saban related a phone call from a friend on the LSU board of trustees, whom he did not name. In what seemed to be an attempt at humor, Saban told of the friend's encounter with an LSU fan, who speaks in a Cajun dialect.

"He was walking down the street yesterday before the Sugar Bowl," Saban said on the taped comments. "He calls me. There was a guy working in the ditch, one of those coonass guys that talk funny.

"I can't talk like them, but he can. Most people in Louisiana can."

Continuing to tell the story, Saban then quoted the worker's vulgar comment about Saban going to Alabama.

Saban, in a statement Wednesday, said the word "can be taken as derogatory by some people."

"Those comments need to be placed in the proper context, so as to understand the meaning of what was said," Saban said. "The words were used in paraphrasing a story told to me by a friend. I was simply using the same wording used by the person who told me the story.

"The term in question is not language that I use or condone, and I can understand how some would take offense. However, I think it must be noted that those comments were made 'off the record' and the words merely reflected an anecdote that was told to me using that language."

Warren Perrin, president of the Council for Development of French in Louisiana, said the term is "highly offensive."

"I routinely state that the use of that term is highly offensive to descendants of Acadians, who are commonly referred to as Cajuns," Perrin said.

Alabama spokeswoman Deborah Lane said the university had no comment beyond Saban's statement.

Zip Goshboots
02-02-2007, 02:13 PM
Well, Nick Saban has just finished his "sensitivity speech training", and seems to feel pretty good about it. "The, and. If. Mostly, periwinkle" he was quoted as saying.
It seems the teacher of the course, author Timothy J Boodlefick of Harvard, and author of the #1 best seller, "You Can Now Only Say Eight Words", had what he seemed to deem as a successful session with Saban, which included strapping him into a chair and beaning him with cobs of "squirrel corn" every time he uttered an offensive phrase.
"Periwinkle, the, cloud", said Boodlefick. Oddly two of the eight words you can apparently still utter and not offend anyone, according to Boodlefick's book, are "Nice tits".

Glenn
02-07-2007, 10:48 AM
As if we needed any more evidence to prove what a fucking loser Ron Artest is...

http://www.kcra.com/news/10948394/detail.html

Kings Star Accused Of Animal Cruelty
Player Could Face $20,000 Fine If Convicted

LOOMIS, Calif. -- Ron Artest, the Sacramento Kings star forward, is under criminal investigation on suspicion of animal cruelty.

Placer County animal control officers took custody of his black-and-white female Great Dane on Monday. She is now being treated by a veterinarian.

A notice from animal control posted at the front of Artest's Loomis home indicated he is under investigation for failing to feed and nourish the dog.

Neighbors said the dog is often left alone in the yard for months at a time without food and water. They said animal control has taken custody of his dogs on at least three other occasions.

If convicted, Artest could face a fine of up to $20,000.

KCRA 3 has tried repeatedly to contact Artest for comment, but calls have not been returned.

The Kings offered no comment on the investigation.

Fool
02-07-2007, 11:03 AM
Shockingly Pacer players have gotten themselves into another fight.

http://wishtv.com/global/story.asp?s...Type=Printable (http://wishtv.com/global/story.asp?s=6050850&ClientType=Printable)

Police: Pacers Players Involved in Fight

Feb 7, 2007 10:11 AM EST

INDIANAPOLIS - A fight broke out at the Eight Second Saloon, located at 111 N. Lynhurst Drive, early Tuesday morning that police say involved at least two members of the Indiana Pacers.

According to a report issued by the Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department, a man was trying to steal fur coats from a coat check at the saloon when he assaulted a staff member. A scuffle ensued with the suspect and other staff members, drawing the attention of patrons at the saloon.

The manager told police he approached Pacers player Jamaal Tinsley and told him the fight did not involve him or his party. At this time, the manager said Tinsley became hostile towards him and that Jeremy King, another member of the party, shoved the manager.

According to the report, the manager said Tinsley told him, "I guess you don't know who I am. I will ******' kill you," and then Tinsley struck him with a closed fist on the left side of his head. King and Marquis Daniels, another Pacers player, then began to strike the manager, according to the police report.

When the fight escalated outside of the saloon, it drew the attention of IMPD officers working off-duty employment, parking lot security.

Pacers player Keith McCleod was also at the saloon, but the manager said he could not recall whether or not he was involved in the fight.

No Pacers players were arrested during the incident.

The suspect who was reportedly trying to steal the fur coats was unable to be found during the fight.

http://www.able-towers.com/~hicks/tinsley_wthr020707.mov

DBSTUNNA
01-12-2010, 09:27 PM
I'M A LITTLE LATE BUT I'M SO SORRY 2 HEAR THIS. I GREW UP WITH KERWIN OUR FAMILY HAS BEEN FRIENDS FOR OVER 30 YEARS. THIS IS SO SAD IVE ALWAYS ASKED ABOUT HIM BUT IT WAS HUSH HUSH THIS IS WHY. I PRAY FOR YOUR FAMILY FULL RECOVERY. AND KERWIN I HOPE U GET THA HELP U NEED I'M PRAYING FOR YOU.

Glenn
01-12-2010, 09:32 PM
wow.

Glenn
01-12-2010, 09:32 PM
Welcome, btw.

Glenn
01-12-2010, 09:38 PM
Yeah, welcome.

Vinny
01-12-2010, 10:58 PM
I'M A LITTLE LATE BUT I'M SO SORRY 2 HEAR THIS. I GREW UP WITH KERWIN OUR FAMILY HAS BEEN FRIENDS FOR OVER 30 YEARS. THIS IS SO SAD IVE ALWAYS ASKED ABOUT HIM BUT IT WAS HUSH HUSH THIS IS WHY. I PRAY FOR YOUR FAMILY FULL RECOVERY. AND KERWIN I HOPE U GET THA HELP U NEED I'M PRAYING FOR YOU.

KERWIN'S ALWAYS BEEN A BIT OF A BAD SEED! I TOO HOPE HE GETS HELP AND CAN RECOVER!

Vinny
01-31-2010, 06:02 PM
http://www.freep.com/article/20100129/SPORTS02/100129051/1050/sports02/Report-Gerald-Lairds-grandfather-accused-of-inappropriately-touching-NBA-players-wife

A brawl at a U.S. Airways Center lounge which led to the arrest of two professional baseball players also involved the wife of an NBA player who claimed the players' grandfather groped her at the bar, according to a police report released today.
Officers arrested Detroit Tigers catcher Gerald Laird and his brother - New York Yankees prospect Brandon Laird - on suspicion of scuffling with security guards in the drunken skirmish during the Suns' win over the Boston Celtics on Dec. 30. The Lairds' uncle, Gregory Scott Collins, 51, was also arrested on suspicion of assault.

Police listed Charlsie House - wife of Celtics forward Eddie House, a former star with the Suns and ASU - as an investigative lead in the case, according to the report.
Authorities said House quickly left the arena's Verve Energy Lounge after accusing the Lairds' 70-year-old grandfather, who was never cited, of touching her inappropriately.
House said she "did not want any prosecution" and was "reluctant to give any of her information" to officers, according to the report. A bartender told police House claimed she was being harassed prior to the fight.
Officers who responded to the fight said Brandon Laird, 22, shouted derogatory remarks toward House and other women at the lounge before taking a swing at one of the women. The Yankees' prospect was booked on suspicion of misdemeanor disorderly conduct.
Gerald Laird, 30, signed a $3.9 million one-year contract with Detroit earlier this month. The Peoria resident was booked on suspicion of misdemeanor assault for allegedly striking a security guard in the head from behind during the brawl.
The catcher said he felt he was in danger and just trying to "watch the game and have some fun," according to his statements to police. He also told police the fight involved "some lady inside that was bragging about her husband playing for the Celtics."
"I don't know, I didn't try to hurt anyone or strike anyone," Laird told one officer. "The next thing I knew, I was in handcuffs."
Witnesses told police the Laird brothers - who attended the game with Collins, their grandfather and their father - were cautioned by security when they arrived because they appeared intoxicated.
Collins was booked on suspicion of assault after police said he punched a security guard in the face and head as the guard tried to detain one of his nephews.
Police seized video of the melee from the Verge Energy Lounge as part of the investigation.
During the Tigers’ recent caravan, Laird spoke about the incident. He said the Tigers had been supportive, he did not have court date and his attorneys were working on the matter. “We were just having a good time, and one thing led to another,” he said.

Tahoe
01-31-2010, 06:45 PM
"We were just having a good time and one thing led to another" Story of my life.

UxKa
01-31-2010, 07:10 PM
http://multimedia.heraldinteractive.com/images/183435ace5_ltpShannonA111708.jpg

Apparantly she is #3 in the pic. I dunno... I suppose if you're 70?

I mean that in the "I'm willing to risk it to grope her at the bar" sort of way.

abbyg77
03-15-2010, 02:16 PM
WOW!!! I can't believe that he did something so cruel. I dated him for about six months, during football season, at his first year at Michigan. I have to be honest he did have a temper but I NEVER imagined something like that would happen. I remember breaking up with him over the phone, I'm guessing now, for a reason. I'm so sorry for the pain and hurt you recieved from him. God Bless You and Your Family, and may he find some much needed help for his inner demons. Where is he now?? What time did he recieve for this?

Fool
03-15-2010, 02:21 PM
Waldroup
Fans
Together
Detroit

Glenn
03-15-2010, 02:24 PM
Waldroup
Fans
Together
Detroit

Lol @ WFT

Fool
03-15-2010, 02:27 PM
lol@my fail.

Tahoe
03-15-2010, 02:28 PM
It's still a contribution.

Glenn
06-22-2012, 05:36 PM
Curt Schilling is broke.

Timone
06-22-2012, 06:14 PM
^ You only posted that because he's a Repub. Smh.