WTFDetroit.com

View Full Version : Christmas is bullshit.

Koolaid
12-24-2005, 09:34 AM
just figured i'd tell you all that. Christmas is a bullshit holiday with no purpose what so ever. Jesus's birth doesn't mean anything, everyone here was born. He wasn't born in december either, the date is taken from a pagan holiday that predates christ and jesus would probably be upset with us for doing this to his name. So what's the fucking point?

bah humbug bitch!

Taymelo
12-24-2005, 09:42 AM
just figured i'd tell you all that. Christmas is a bullshit holiday with no purpose what so ever. Jesus's birth doesn't mean anything, everyone here was born. He wasn't born in december either, the date is taken from a pagan holiday that predates christ and jesus would probably be upset with us for doing this to his name. So what's the fucking point?

bah humbug bitch!

Someone didn't get the GI Joe with the Kung Fu grip he was waiting for.

On a serious note. All of that is true, and necon republicans would rather have us commercialize the birth of Christ, make it about buying shit at WallMart and give zero to charity and feed no homeless, than have anyone dare say "Happy Holidays".

Koolaid
12-24-2005, 09:59 AM
than have anyone dare say "Happy Holidays".

that's another thing, because christmas is really pagan in origin and things like mistletoe, christmas trees, hanging stockings and exchanging gifts don't have shit to do with christ what so ever people have no excuse to be pissed off when people say 'merry christmas' to them. I don't give a fuck if you're jewish, hindu, muslim, scientologist or whatever the hell you are, shut the fuck up and smile.

There's only two people who really should be able to have beef with christmas, christians who know what's up and pagans who feel it makes a mockery of their religion. Personally, I just think it's really a shame that most people seem to have no clue what they're really celebrating/worshipping.

stonecolddano
12-24-2005, 11:36 AM
Just an excuse for people to act retarded in public shopping places to buy their spoiled brats toys and shit that they'll play with or use for a month, then be forgotten until the next Christmas. Working in retail sales really can make someone bitter towards this season....I agree 100% Koolaid...

Artermis
12-24-2005, 11:51 AM
Have kids and show them what Christmas is all about.

We make our kid donate one toy he gets to kids who otherwise would not be getting anything.

You cannot make a holiday better by being assholes, but by showing people what it is all about.

Art

Mikey
12-24-2005, 12:02 PM
To me, Christmas is a celebration of humanity in general.

Not Jesus.

Fuck Jesus.

What has he ever done for me?

Hey Jesus - http://hasnie.com/blog/images/middle.jpg Right there buddy.

youknowimjustkiddingrightpleaseletmegetallthebestt oysforchristmasamen

ohyeahblesseverybodyonthisboardcepttaymelocuzhisan cestorsnailedyoutothecrossamen

Artermis
12-24-2005, 12:07 PM
OMG I just told the lowest level of human beings to have kids.

I apologize and while Jesus and me dont really talk, I cannot really say fuck you to someone who never did anything to me.

Art

Koolaid
12-24-2005, 01:15 PM
ohyeahblesseverybodyonthisboardcepttaymelocuzhisan cestorsnailedyoutothecrossamen

Just figured i'd bold this so tay could give you the proper fuck you without straining his eyes.

For the record, Jesus is my homie. This ain't his holiday though.

GotCrotty?
12-24-2005, 01:17 PM
Anyone who celebrates Christmas celebrates Jesus.

CHRISTmas.

It's Jesus' birthday, and that is why you celebrate it, yes, you also celebrate kindness and caring, but that goes hand in hand with Jesus.

Mikey
12-24-2005, 01:40 PM
Just figured i'd bold this so tay could give you the proper fuck you without straining his eyes.My Christmas wish is for everyone in the world who lacks a sense of humor to learn how to take a fucking joke.

Koolaid
12-24-2005, 01:57 PM
Anyone who celebrates Christmas celebrates Jesus.

CHRISTmas.

if you went to church and took communion under a cross but called it 'koolaid' does that mean you worship me?

No! the cross and the wafers and wine are symbolic of nothing to me personally. I was never crucified or gave a last supper.

The celebration of christmas predates christ. It was banned for years because people were too rowdy and the religion behind it was not excepted. it wasn't legal until the 1800's in which they attached the name 'christmas' to it for no appearent reason other then to justify the celebration amongst christians.

We all see christ in the word christmas, people choose to ignore 'mas' though. I was told it means death.

A christmas tree is pagan tradition in which they would decorate a tree with apples and shit to ensure their sun god would bless them with plentiful crops when the season came.

The use of holly symbolized menstrual blood of a goddess to people.

The berries on mistletoe represented jizm of the sun god, thereby symbolizing the creation of life.

The exchanging of gifts started in ancient rome. Guys would trade gifts, beat their wives, get drunk and fuck each other.

outside of gay sex and spousal abuse people still do all this (well maybe some homes still do those two but i ain't sayin' anything). but everyone attaches jesus name to it, and it has NOTHING to do with him. This date isn't his birthday either. the date makes sense to the pagan origin though as they thought the days getting shorter then longer again this time of year symbolized the death and rebirth of their sun god.

Koolaid
12-24-2005, 01:59 PM
Just figured i'd bold this so tay could give you the proper fuck you without straining his eyes.My Christmas wish is for everyone in the world who lacks a sense of humor to learn how to take a fucking joke.

oh nevermind i get it...

jews killed jesus!!

HAHAHAHAHAHA

LOL!!

OMG!!
LOL!!

DennyMcLain
12-24-2005, 03:18 PM
You buttpipes, Christmas is about being with family, and sharing love and joy to family memebrs you'd otherwise want to beat the shit outta.

http://byscuits.com/photo/albums/half-christmas/IMG_2749.sized.jpg

Artermis
12-24-2005, 05:04 PM
But Jesus was not born on December 25th. So how can we celebrate his birthday on the wrong day.

Shrug, it is a day to hang out with the family, eat too much and get your wife to swallow as a good gift.

Art

Darth Thanatos
12-24-2005, 06:24 PM
Everyone who dissed Christ and his holy day will be now classified as terrorists.

That is all.

GotCrotty?
12-24-2005, 06:35 PM
Well, what the hell is the point to celebrating christmas if none of you believe?

It is a CHRISTIAN holiday? If you people aren't CHRISTIAN then why do you celebrate a CHRISTIAN holiday. You have taken the meaning of CHRISTMAS and turned it into something its not.

If you are an atheist, you should not celebrate CHRISTMAS, make up a holiday that may be on december 25th called, "hey, lets give each other gifts and visit with relatives day."

Koolaid
12-24-2005, 10:57 PM
Well, what the hell is the point to celebrating christmas if none of you believe?

It is a CHRISTIAN holiday? If you people aren't CHRISTIAN then why do you celebrate a CHRISTIAN holiday. You have taken the meaning of CHRISTMAS and turned it into something its not.

If you are an atheist, you should not celebrate CHRISTMAS, make up a holiday that may be on december 25th called, "hey, lets give each other gifts and visit with relatives day."

I get it, you're illiterate aren't you?

GotCrotty?
12-24-2005, 11:47 PM
Since I am illiterate, I cannot read your brainless responses to a credible argument.

Koolaid
12-25-2005, 01:44 AM
Since I am illiterate, I cannot read your brainless responses to a credible argument.

credible argument?

how is christmas christian again? if you could read you'd know i already tore your whole CHRISTmas theory apart.

GotCrotty?
12-25-2005, 04:30 PM
Well, if you celebrate a christian holiday while not being christian, according to you, I can go celebrate Hannakah and hell why don't I even fast for Rammadan?

I'm not Jewish or Muslim, but what the hell?

Koolaid
12-26-2005, 10:47 PM
Well, if you celebrate a christian holiday while not being christian, according to you, I can go celebrate Hannakah and hell why don't I even fast for Rammadan?

I'm not Jewish or Muslim, but what the hell?

Christmas is not truly christian.

READ MY POSTS!!!!!!!

H1Man
12-27-2005, 01:42 AM

READ MY POSTS!!!!!!!

Even though the roots of Christmas lies in Pagan tradition, it is usually looked at as an Christian holiday. Part of the reason is due to the fact that few outside of North America and Europe/Russia celebrate it and part due to the fact the most people don't know about the Pagan roots.

Koolaid
12-27-2005, 06:38 AM

READ MY POSTS!!!!!!!

part due to the fact the most people don't know about the Pagan roots.

which is exactly what my thread was about. I'm starting think people just don't want to acknowledge the roots.

Pharaoh
12-27-2005, 07:39 AM
koolaid - it's obvious people can't read or research this topic on their own.

You might have to provide links so all they have to do is click, but then again why bother when people can't even read.

Props to you for bringing knowledge though.

Hope you had a good week

MoTown
12-28-2005, 09:28 AM
I think Christmas is not truly Christian because so many people have turned it into a commercial holiday. Many, if not most, non-Christians celebrate the commercial side of Christmas every year. And Koolaid, you're right, it isn't the exact date of Christs birth, mainly because no one knows that exact date. So the date was picked.

Does that make it non-Christian? No. It's still originally based off of the birth of Christ. It is used by ACTUAL Christians to celebrate his birth. Many Christians will go to a Christmas eve and/or and Christmas day service, non-Christians do not.

If you're saying that Christmas is celebrated by non-Christians and Christians alike, then you're correct. But there are still people out there who celebrate it for what it was originally meant it to be celebrated for.

WTFchris
12-28-2005, 09:38 AM
I do not fully know the roots/origin of it all, so I won't comment on whether it's christian or not.

But, I do get pissed off when people try to politically correct all that stuff and say Holiday Tree or crap like that. I don't make Hanuka people call it a holiday candelobra or anything. Call it a Menora if you want, I don't care. You're not making me celebrate it, so who cares?

If someone at a store says "have a good night" and I'm pissed off and what to have a lowsy night, oh well. I don't tell here she can't wish me a good night do I? You either ignore it or wish them a good night too. What's so damn hard about that?

Black Dynamite
12-28-2005, 10:17 AM
Have kids and show them what Christmas is all about.

We make our kid donate one toy he gets to kids who otherwise would not be getting anything.

You cannot make a holiday better by being assholes, but by showing people what it is all about.

Art

good point.

but most people much rather fall in line with the mass society. this happens on most things in life. most parents dont want to teach their kids about the holidays and their meaning. and the ones that do usually teach them to dislike/hate it.

either way... if someone knows nothing about christmas, knows about it but cops an atitude about how other people celebrate it, swear a crusade against it because because they dont believe in it, or just flat out doesnt care for it. thats on them.

Darth Thanatos
12-28-2005, 09:44 PM
What a gay thread.

Comrade
12-29-2005, 01:49 AM
Crotty after a long day of posting on WTFDetroit. (http://media.putfile.com/Lady-Goes-Crazy-on-Trading-Spouses)

koolaid is DARKSIDED!

Koolaid
12-29-2005, 02:24 AM
Crotty after a long day of posting on WTFDetroit. (http://media.putfile.com/Lady-Goes-Crazy-on-Trading-Spouses)

koolaid is DARKSIDED!

the body is a temple ain't it?

some preacher needs to tell her to pop a slimfast and at least look at a toothbrush.

Mikey
12-29-2005, 02:53 AM
Glenn would do her...

"Ohhhhhh talk dirty to me baby please..."

"YOU DON'T BUH-LEEVE IN JAYZUZ!!!" :evil:

Taymelo
12-29-2005, 09:43 PM

Just figured i'd bold this so tay could give you the proper fuck you without straining his eyes.

For the record, Jesus is my homie. This ain't his holiday though.

LMFOA.

Yeah, I did miss it. I gave up on looking at the fine print a while ago.

And as Herm would say, it was the italians that killed Jesus (yes, italians. Don't you know what a Roman is? Sheesh, get a fucking map or use google or something. I swear. It was Vinnie Bobarito, not Saul Goldstone.).

Taymelo
12-29-2005, 09:50 PM
Crotty: You're missing the point. The ONLY reason Christmas is celebrated on December 25th is the Christians looked at their religion as a business, and they were losing customers to the pagans, who celebrated the Winter Solstace on December 25th.

The pagans made December 25th a big party, lit up lights, shared gifts, etc.

The christians decided that in order to take "business" away from the competition, they'd steal their holiday.

Therefore, even though Christ was born sometime around March, the Christians decided to PRETEND that he was born on December 25th, in order to steal the pagan's thunder and try to convert some of the pagans to christianity.

Now do you get it?

PSS: For everyone bitching about "happy holidays", you picked the worst possible year to do so. Hanukkah falls on DECEMBER 25TH this year, although many years it falls in very early December.

In other words, it makes a lot of sense this year to say Happy Holidays, and cover all the bases at one time. If this was a year in which Hanukkah fell on December 3rd, it would make more sense to bitch about people saying "happy holidays" instead of Merry Christmas on December 25th.

Koolaid
12-30-2005, 12:26 AM
And as Herm would say, it was the italians that killed Jesus (yes, italians. Don't you know what a Roman is? Sheesh, get a fucking map or use google or something. I swear. It was Vinnie Bobarito, not Saul Goldstone.).

what the fuck?

i set you up for the slam and this is how you repay me? by passing the blame to my italian ancestors.

jews played a part in killing jesus as well. *in cartman's voice* haven't you seen the passion of the christ?

i guess it don't matter, that was a couple thousand years ago and jews and italians are friendly in current times (like Luciano - Rothstein). however you still get a diego slap.

Elektra
12-30-2005, 05:48 AM
Shrug, it is a day to hang out with the family, eat too much and get your wife to swallow as a good gift.

Art

Awww...
Poor baby that you have to wait till Dec 25th for the swallowing.
My heart goes out to you.
:pukeleft:

WTFchris
12-30-2005, 09:47 AM
Glenn would do her...

"Ohhhhhh talk dirty to me baby please..."

"YOU DON'T BUH-LEEVE IN JAYZUZ!!!" :evil:

By the looks of it, you already jammed your "little guy" into her front teeth mikey.

Tahoe
04-26-2009, 11:25 PM
What a gay thread.

LMAO

DennyMcLain
04-27-2009, 12:43 AM
LMAO

I knew KoolAid.

KoolAid was a friend of mine.

Tahoe. You are NO KoolAid.

Tahoe
04-27-2009, 12:44 AM
I knew KoolAid.

KoolAid was a friend of mine.

Tahoe. You are NO KoolAid.

You, friend, are a lucky fucker.

I was laughing my ass off at some of those.

DennyMcLain
04-27-2009, 12:58 AM
KoolAid's "I'm Learning to Make a Website" is a must-read for new WTF members...

IMO.

Darth Thanatos
04-27-2009, 01:02 AM
Wow. How old school.

Darth Thanatos
04-27-2009, 01:03 AM
Whatever happened to TayMelo anyway?

DennyMcLain
04-27-2009, 01:04 AM
Whatever happened to TayMelo anyway?

He's working for the Obama administration right now.

No, wait... that's Kumar.

Tahoe
04-27-2009, 12:51 PM
Quit wasting my fucking time, Tahoe

Glenn
04-27-2009, 12:53 PM
No Christmas is complete without a Tony Romo jersey.

don't hate me, Ux.

Zip Goshboots
04-27-2009, 04:45 PM
I think Christmas is not truly Christian because so many people have turned it into a commercial holiday. Many, if not most, non-Christians celebrate the commercial side of Christmas every year. And Koolaid, you're right, it isn't the exact date of Christs birth, mainly because no one knows that exact date. So the date was picked.

Does that make it non-Christian? No. It's still originally based off of the birth of Christ. It is used by ACTUAL Christians to celebrate his birth. Many Christians will go to a Christmas eve and/or and Christmas day service, non-Christians do not.

If you're saying that Christmas is celebrated by non-Christians and Christians alike, then you're correct. But there are still people out there who celebrate it for what it was originally meant it to be celebrated for.

This is a crock of shit. If Jesus existed, he wasn't BORN in December, and besides, why buy presents for each other when the so called "Three Wise Men" brought HIM gifts? And the whole manger and no room at the inn thingy is just christian mythology. Like the fucking son of god needs a posh room at the Marriott to be born in. AND, like they'd turn him away. Can you imagine how much bidness it would generate if you put up on your marquis that God's Only Son Was Born Here?
Or, then Jesus could appear in your radio and TV adds: "Jesus, we're out of wine" "Cehck out those vats of water (that EVERYONE keeps around the house LOL) "WOW! It's WINE motherfuckers! Jesus, how do you know how to make wine?" "Well, I WAS born at the Holiday Inn"

DennyMcLain
05-04-2009, 11:27 AM
Chrismas is Pagan, pure and simple.

Big Swami
05-04-2009, 10:57 PM
Something worth looking up: according to Jewish law, Jews are not allowed to have Christmas trees in their houses, and it's not because Christmas is a Christian holiday.

Zip Goshboots
05-09-2009, 02:38 PM
Something worth looking up: according to Jewish law, Jews are not allowed to have Christmas trees in their houses, and it's not because Christmas is a Christian holiday.

I even remember a bible verse (probably written by Paul--man was that guy a fucking pedantic blowhard) about it being wrong to celebrate special days. I guess Paul didn't get the memo about how Valentine's Day helps the economy. I'll bet he never had a wife that would give him a blow job whenever she needed a new mini van, either. He was either gay or he just rolled with whores.

Glenn
12-24-2011, 10:29 PM
Merry CHRISTmas, you guys.

Hope u get chest beefers.

geerussell
12-25-2011, 01:30 AM
I don't think Tebow is a believer today.

Timone
12-25-2011, 05:42 AM
Surprisingly, I saw only one "keep the Christ in Christmas" bumper sticker last night.