WTFDetroit.com

View Full Version : Can "we" get Bosh now?

Glenn
12-29-2008, 09:11 AM
Bosh is frustrated and is probably going to leave Toronto anyways.

Colangelo is said to be "desperate to make a deal".

Do :we: have what it takes to get Bosh?

Rip/Amir
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=294~2769~1977&teams=28~28~8&te=&cash=

AI for Bosh/Parker (expiring)
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=1977~635~366&teams=8~8~28&te=&cash=

Wilfredo Ledezma
12-29-2008, 09:17 AM
I would bet Colangelo would be willing to trade anybody but Bosh.

I'd take Jermaine O'Neal. Even though he's a fraction of his oldself, I've always loved his game.

Glenn
12-29-2008, 09:23 AM
No way on O'Neal.

There is no way that Joe wants anything to do with that contract, IMO.

If Colangelo doesn't want to risk losing Bosh for nothing, he may listen.

Glenn
12-29-2008, 09:23 AM
I wouldn't be surprised to see O'Neal in NY, though, maybe for Marbury's contract.

Wilfredo Ledezma
12-29-2008, 09:24 AM
I`d fancy Anthony Parker. But I thought I read somewhere (RealGM?) that he's considering playing overseas again after this year...

Wilfredo Ledezma
12-29-2008, 09:26 AM
I`d take a flier Bargnani too. I`m bias towards Degos though.

Timone
12-29-2008, 09:26 AM
AI for Bosh/Parker (expiring)
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=1977~635~366&teams=8~8~28&te=&cash=

Hell yeah. :ai:

WTFchris
12-29-2008, 10:35 AM
I think Parker's value is too high as an expiring to get him with Bosh.

I'd do RIP/Amir for Bosh though for sure. Since both RIP and Amir are not FA's, we would still have the space to sign Boozer if "we" wanted to.

DrRay11
12-29-2008, 10:36 AM
RIP and Amir for Bosh... I'd do it, no doubt.

PG Stuckey/Iverson/Bynum
SG Iverson/Afflalo/Acker
SF Prince/Afflalo/Hermann/Sharpe
PF Bosh/McDyess/Max
C Wallace/McDyess/Kwame

That's a pretty hot lineup.

WTFchris
12-29-2008, 01:40 PM
Would you be happy with RIP/Amir for Bosh, followed by letting Sheed and AI walk and signing Boozer and Turk? Not sure what money Turk would want, but let's say his deal was no more than what Tay makes.

Stuckey/Bynum
Turk/
Prince/
Boozer/Dyess
Bosh/Dyess

I'd trade Max for a backup wing. This is of course in a dream world, but you can't say never.

Zekyl
12-29-2008, 01:49 PM
Would you be happy with RIP/Amir for Bosh, followed by letting Sheed and AI walk and signing Boozer and Turk? Not sure what money Turk would want, but let's say his deal was no more than what Tay makes.

Stuckey/Bynum
Turk/Afflalo
Prince/Turk/Afflalo/Sharpe
Boozer/Dyess
Bosh/Dyess

I'd trade Max for a backup wing. This is of course in a dream world, but you can't say never.
Filled out the lineup.

The Raptors would be stupid to do AI for Bosh. What would be the incentive there? They want to resign Bosh or another top tier free agent, so they trade away Bosh? Not going to happen. I guess if they were desperate the prospect of Hamilton and Amir would be decent compensation. You get an all-star caliber SG for Calderon to dish to and a young prospect PF with a ton of potential and athleticism. Maybe we throw in a draft pick to go with it, I'm not sure.

WTFchris
12-29-2008, 01:55 PM
When did I say Bosh for AI?

Timone
12-29-2008, 01:56 PM
Yeah, when did he?

WTFchris
12-29-2008, 01:58 PM
Zekyl, the Cavs would be stupid to trade Lebron for AI.

Zekyl
12-29-2008, 02:22 PM
I was talking about Glenn saying AI for Bosh/Parker. It wasn't related to your post. I just fixed the lineup to include Afflalo and Sharpe first. My mistake, guess it wasn't clear.

Wilfredo Ledezma
12-29-2008, 03:48 PM
I just can't see Colangelo getting rid of Bosh right now.

If that we're his motive, he might as well try and package Calderon with him.

Glenn
12-29-2008, 03:58 PM
I just can't see Colangelo getting rid of Bosh right now.

If that we're his motive, he might as well try and package Calderon with him.
This makes zero sense.

The motivation for trading Bosh would be so they don't lose him for nothing. Calderon just signed a 5 year contract.

WTFchris
12-29-2008, 06:49 PM
Yeah, the motivation for moving Bosh would be to get a good scorer to replace him and team with Calderon and the other euro's. It's a moot point if he thinks he has a chance to resign Bosh.

BubblesTheLion
12-29-2008, 06:55 PM
RIP and Amir for Bosh... I'd do it, no doubt.

PG Stuckey/Iverson/Bynum
SG Iverson/Afflalo/Acker
SF Prince/Afflalo/Hermann/Sharpe
PF Bosh/McDyess/Max
C Wallace/McDyess/Kwame

That's a pretty hot lineup.

That's a title line up.

Wilfredo Ledezma
12-29-2008, 07:00 PM
This makes zero sense.

The motivation for trading Bosh would be so they don't lose him for nothing. Calderon just signed a 5 year contract.

I didn't know they extended Calderon.

Nevermind then.

Vinny
12-29-2008, 07:26 PM
I really don't see this deal happening, but in the few Raptors games I've watched, they definitely are desperate for a wing player.

Glenn
02-02-2009, 09:51 AM
bump

MoTown
02-02-2009, 10:51 AM
It all depends on what Toronto is looking to do - are they looking to dump salary and rebuild? Are they looking for other pieces? Because Detroit could offer them AI + Max + 1st rounder for Bosh and Kapono. But I have no idea what Toronto would be looking to do. I'm sure they could get better offers, but they couldn't clear salary better than that trade.

WTFchris
02-02-2009, 03:14 PM
That depends on whether they think they can instantly replace him with Boozer.

BIG BEN'S FRO
02-04-2009, 11:00 AM
We would have to give them a better financial incentive to dump Bosh now.

I would offer AI in any deal, since it would solve our SG glut and also help the other team sellout the arena. That is an incentive they certainly would want.

Bosh, Jermaine O Neal, and Humphries, for AI, Rasheed, and Amir/Kwame. Hell they might even resign AI to fill the seats.

They would actually still save about 10 mill next season by renouncing their FA's and signing Boozer to a max deal since they would be off the hook with ONeal. They also would be relieved of paying Humphries during the free agency bonanza.

I think they would be pretty decent with Calderon, AI, Kapono, Bargnani, and Sheed and we would be greatly improved with Bosh, Dice, Oneal, and Maxiell as our bigs. Both teams would still be max free agent players in 2010.

BIG BEN'S FRO
02-04-2009, 11:23 AM
Heck that same trade could even be done with Phoenix sending Amare to Toronto, and getting Rasheed and Fabio.

Zekyl
02-04-2009, 02:38 PM
I'd do that deal for sure.

Stuckey
Rip
Tay
Bosh or Dice
O'Neal or Bosh

Calderon
AI
Kapono
Sheed
Bargnani

Would the Raptors make this move? I have my doubts. They'd have a ton of cap space after this year to play with though and if they don't think they're keeping Bosh, getting all that space could be a very tempting deal.