WTFDetroit.com

View Full Version : OST: Eastern Conference Semifinals: (1) Boston vs (4) Cleveland, Boston Wins, 4-3

MoTown
05-05-2008, 02:51 PM
http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/us/sp/v/nba/teams/20080123/80x60/bos.gif -VS- http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/us/sp/v/nba/teams/20080123/80x60/cle.gif

Boston
(66-16) (35-6 home/ 31-10 road)

Cleveland
(45-37) (27-14 home/18-23 road)

Season Series:
Tied 2-2

Series Schedule:
Series tied 0-0
1. Tue, May 6 – at Bos, 8:00 pm EDT (TNT)
2. Thu, May 8 – at Bos, 7:00 pm EDT (ESPN)
3. Sat, May 10 – at Cle, 8:00 pm EDT (ABC)
4. Mon, May 12 – at Cle, 8:00 pm EDT (TNT)
*5. Wed, May 14 – at Bos (TNT)
*6. Fri, May 16 – at Cle (ESPN)
*7. Sun, May 18 – at Bos

Individual
29.8 L. James Scoring K. Garnett 21.0
9.5 L. James Rebounds K. Garnett 8.9
7.7 L. James Assists R. Rondo 7.3
1.3 L. James Steals K. Garnett 2.0
1.3 B. Wallace Blocks K. Perkins 1.7
Team
44.8 Rebounds 39.4
23.0 Assists 24.0
5.8 Steals 8.6
95.5 Points For 99.1
92.2 Points Against 87.1

FYI: LeBron James is only 23 years old.

Wilfredo Ledezma
05-05-2008, 02:56 PM
I'm going with Cleveland in seven.

LeBron single-handedly torched the Celtics twice during the regular season and almost did it a thrid time. Not to mention, the first time the Celtics beat the Cavs this season, LeBron didn't even play...

So take LeBron along with the Cavaliers playoff experience from the past couple years plus the fact they are a pretty decent defensive team (at least compared to the Hawks)...I think they can pull the upset...

ECF- Pistons/Cavaliers

Perhaps I'm reading too much into what happened with Boston in Rd. 1, but I think some major flaws were exploited there. Meanwhile I was impressed with the way Cleveland handled themselves in the Washington series...

Boston can't be feeling too good about themselves having not yet won a game on the road...home court or not, it was the f-ing Hawks...

Glenn
05-05-2008, 02:59 PM
I want to say Boston in 5, but with the refs on Bron Bron's jock, I'll go with Boston in 6.

The Cavs aren't nearly as athletic and fast as the Hawks (Bron aside). They'll need to muck it up to stay close, and that plays right into Boston's hands, IMO.

Wilfredo Ledezma
05-05-2008, 03:09 PM
I want to say Boston in 5, but with the refs on Bron Bron's jock, I'll go with Boston in 6.

The Cavs aren't nearly as athletic and fast as the Hawks (Bron aside). They'll need to muck it up to stay close, and that plays right into Boston's hands, IMO.

Key for Cleveland will be guys like Wally & Delonte West. Wally needs to make his 3's and at least make an attempt to guard somebody every now and then...

Delonte will need to be able to cut to the basket and finish his shots...

Big Ben needs to stop those porkers like Kendrick Perkins and Leon Powe from getting offensive boards off all of Rondo's missed layups when he cuts to the basket...Keep Boston off the Offensive glass, and your going to be successful

To Clevelands credit, with Ilgauskas, Varejao, Joe Smith, Big Ben, and even LeBron, they have enough big bodies to limit the second chance opportunities for the Celtics...

also, Ilguaskas can't break his foot, if he does, they're done.

Tahoe
05-05-2008, 03:20 PM
Hope it goes 7 and don't care who wins.

Gun to my head pick: Boston in 6

Black Dynamite
05-05-2008, 04:55 PM
If the Celtics put themselves on Paul Pierce's back rather than KG, then they may lose this series. Also Pierce touts himself as an exceptionally good defender. I never agreed with him on that. He'll get tested on it this series.

WTFchris
05-05-2008, 05:04 PM

I don't know. I like the Cavs chances. Boston had a lot of trouble with Johnson, and Lebron will be twice as hard to keep in check. In addition, Wally and Boobie can knock down the three if they help onto Lebron. The Cavs also have better rebounders than the Hawks (who played a smaller lineup). I wouldn't be shocked to see the Celtics lose (because Doc Rivers sucks and won't be able to figure out how to stop Lebron). The key for the Cavs is for Wally to keep Allen or PP from going off. I think KG will be quiet because the Cavs have some vet big men that can keep him contained alright. Also, Boobie needs to keep Rondo on the outside.

Timone
05-05-2008, 05:04 PM
I like Boston in 6, but for Cleveland to steal game 1.

Black Dynamite
05-05-2008, 05:14 PM
Doc doesnt draw up the defense i dont think. Tom Thibodeau is responsible and his scheming is solid, his personnel isnt as good imo. And when that comes into play he has to alter a lil' bit and thats when you get joe johnson man of mystery issues. soon to be lebron man of crybaby tears issues.

WTFchris
05-05-2008, 05:24 PM
Boston has a good bench option in Posey to guard Lebron, but what happens when he gets by the first defender? Only KG has the agility to help out of all the Boston bigs. Now if you still had Scalabrine...

Black Dynamite
05-05-2008, 05:32 PM
Lebron will destroy Posey. Posey is a very overrated defender. Shit Eddie Jones gave us more fits honestly. I personally think Lebron would laugh at him.

WTFchris
05-05-2008, 05:34 PM
Proves my point even more. Lebron is going to have a field day against Perkins and Davis (probably won't play at all). I see lots of and-1's against the slow big men. PJ might get there a step sooner and simply get posterized. However, if Wally can't play some defense then Allen or PP can cancell out Lebron's big games.

Kstat
05-06-2008, 12:19 AM
Is this the first time LeBron will ever have Pistons fans behind him?

Black Dynamite
05-06-2008, 01:32 AM
Nope. I think people just dont figure Boston to contain him. But I couldnt care less who we play. Both teams can beat us silly if we dont respect them right and execute.

Tahoe
05-06-2008, 04:19 PM
I'm going to watch this series...or most of it. 1st time I'll be watching a series other the Pistons in a long time.

NO and Lakers will be a good one too.

Zekyl
05-06-2008, 07:36 PM
I have a group of friends that are cavs fans, I'm heading to their place to root against them and drink their beer.

DrRay11
05-06-2008, 08:50 PM
Well played, sir.

MoTown
05-06-2008, 09:06 PM
I have a group of friends that are cavs fans, I'm heading to their place to root against them and drink their beer.

Way too easy... I will leave it be for that reason.

Kstat
05-06-2008, 09:11 PM
team turnover is up 6 on team bricklayer.

Uncle Mxy
05-06-2008, 10:22 PM
LeBron: 1-10
Pierce: 2-13
Allen: 0-4

going into the fucking 4th quarter?!?

WOWZERS

Black Dynamite
05-06-2008, 10:46 PM
Boston may find out the hard way a defensive slow match up is not to their advantage no matter what the experts say. Cleveland lives for ugly games like this. Gives the Big Z a chance to be effective.

Black Dynamite
05-06-2008, 10:48 PM
LOL. Cassell acting woozy when he got kneed in the shoulder more so. Fucking fag.

Black Dynamite
05-06-2008, 10:48 PM
Boston may make it out of here alive.

geerussell
05-06-2008, 10:55 PM
LeBron is on thin ice for missing that layup. He'd better check his PM's.

Black Dynamite
05-06-2008, 10:57 PM
Celts got lucky. If they dont pick up the pace, they'll be in for a long series.

Also I bet no one will complain about the shitty offense that'll happen in this series. But they couldnt stop hating on our low scoring games in our championship year.

Cross
05-07-2008, 04:50 AM
Boston played perfect defense on the last play. Let Bron drive it against their bigs, but guarded the 3ball perfectly. Letting Bron draw the contact(more like refs will call whatever) and him at the line is a much safer bet for Boston.

Ray Allen was a nobody on offense, same with pierece(but he did draw those charges)

If Lebron continues to play like this and end up winning somehow, we should easily take the cavs.

Holding Lebron to 2-18 shooting with 10 turnovers, who the fuck the celtics think they are, the pistons?!

Kstat
05-07-2008, 05:29 AM
perfect defense? They gave up a freaking layup.

Cross
05-07-2008, 08:32 AM
It's lebron homie. he's getting the layup. it was a 2 point game, and im sure boston didnt' want delontewest part 2 to happen again. so what the fk do they do? they let one player defend lebron, and posey, arguably bostons best perimeter defender. Perkins was camping in the lane when big z went to set the screen up at the 3pt line. kg guarded joe smith baseline, ready to help. while tony allen did a fkn good job of defending off boobie while he was still looking out to help. pierce the same with wally. worst case scenario for the c's, Lebron makes the layup or goes to the line. there was no way they'd lose, especiallyto the 3 point shooters they have.

Wizzle
05-07-2008, 09:36 AM
Gun to my head pick: Boston in 6

This saying always makes me laugh

Guy with the gun to Tahoe's head: "Pick the Winner in the Celtics Cavs series mother fucker! AND I WANT THE NUMBER OF GAMES TOO YOU SONOFABITCH OR YOUR FUCKIN' DEAD!"

Tahoe: "oh my god...please don't kill me....uh.....celtics in 6....please don't kill me"

Guy with the gun: "well now we know what you really think"

Zekyl
05-07-2008, 10:00 AM
Brutal game. Cavs couldn't hit a shot to save their life, Celtics just downright played like shit, besides KG and Rondo.

Tahoe
05-07-2008, 01:25 PM
This saying always makes me laugh

Guy with the gun to Tahoe's head: "Pick the Winner in the Celtics Cavs series mother fucker! AND I WANT THE NUMBER OF GAMES TOO YOU SONOFABITCH OR YOUR FUCKIN' DEAD!"

Tahoe: "oh my god...please don't kill me....uh.....celtics in 6....please don't kill me"

Guy with the gun: "well now we know what you really think"

Hey, thats exactly what happened! Was that you behind that mask?

WTFchris
05-07-2008, 01:32 PM
Didn't watch the game, but Boston can't count on more 2-18 performances from Lebron. I heard that most of his misses were layups too. I still think this will be a very long series and Boston will have their hands full.

Black Dynamite
05-07-2008, 02:52 PM
I saw the game, definitely not the type of game Boston should be playing with the cavs. They were smart to put the team on kg's back though(ben has never been able to defend kg ever, which is why we didnt get better at defending him until we got sheed).

Cross
05-09-2008, 11:37 AM
brons getting killed

WTFchris
05-09-2008, 11:45 AM
Worst playoff performance since the 40's. Lol.

DE
05-10-2008, 08:29 PM
So who is that number 4 for the Cavs? He reminds me of someone I once knew but he keeps giving up rebounds he should have had.

Tahoe
05-10-2008, 08:44 PM
Wow...a lil surprising 1st with Cavs up almost 20. I figured they'd come and make a statement, but not like this.

DE
05-10-2008, 08:54 PM
Didn't seem that Posey got Bron that hard, but either way it's a good thing Sideshow Bob's got his back.

Tahoe
05-10-2008, 09:24 PM
WIN A FREAKIN GAME CAVS!

At least wear Boston down a lil bit for us.

geerussell
05-10-2008, 09:48 PM
If cleveland hangs on to win with this 20 point lead, it's going to be time to call out Boston for being 0-4 on the road in the playoffs. For the greatest team of all time, that's sad.

Higherwarrior
05-11-2008, 06:44 AM
i'm hoping this series goes 7. and each game from here on out goes to 7 OT periods. the more worn out the winner is, the better for us.

Cross
05-11-2008, 10:25 AM
boston cant win for shit on the road, good pt gee.

but too bad they got homecourt for the whole playoffs...

Black Dynamite
05-12-2008, 09:56 PM
heated battle this time, but boston is defending the fuck out of lebron scheme wise. Damnit i wish we woulda had Thibodeau last year as our assistant coach, that woulda been a title. Though after looking at his pic, i can see the issue with him scaring Joe D in an interview.

http://cache.boston.com/resize/bonzai-fba/Globe_Photo/2007/10/31/1193884511_3053/300h.jpg

Tahoe
05-12-2008, 10:13 PM
I hope Morrow isn't seriously hurt (really doubt he is) and if he isn't...LOL@Morrow!

Black Dynamite
05-12-2008, 10:36 PM
I'm disgusted with how physical they allow boston to be with Lebron. Never did that with us.

Higherwarrior
05-13-2008, 07:50 AM
^ agreed, can't wait to see how the next series is called. because if they call it closer, i doubt we can win. don't like to be pessimistic but especially against the cavs. as we've seen before, bron becomes completely undefendable when the refs are kissing his ass.

and he can practically singlehandedly win a series.

anyway i'm glad their series is now 2-2. that's at least 2 more games to go and hopefully it goes to 7. we can rest up and get ready while they beat each other up. (although we don't usually play well with a big layoff either!)

Wilfredo Ledezma
05-13-2008, 08:05 AM
Ok, after having watched all 4 games of this series so far, I think it's safe to say that Ray Allen is officially NOT an All-Star. The fact that he's promoted as such (mostly by ESPN) is a complete joke. He's a liability on defense and has only hit three 3-pt shots in the entire BOS/CLE series (2 of which were last night). He's no longer a "lethal" shooter and he turns the ball over way too much.

Ray Allen = garbage.

If Ray Allen were to miss a game, it wouldn't affect the outcome for Boston. They'd be much better off starting James Posey and having Ray be a role player off the bench.

Not to mention, same goes for that fat ass Kendrick Perkins. He forces so many pathetic shots in the paint, it's rediculous. Doc needs to start PJ Brown.

Glenn
05-13-2008, 09:42 AM
I was LingMAO at this last night.

MOMGATE

hl_9z35fz54

Cavaliers' LeBron James keeps Celtics and his mom under wraps in 88-77 win
Cleveland ties the series at 2-2 with an 88-77 victory that drops Boston to 0-5 this postseason on the road.

Associated Press
May 13, 2008

CLEVELAND -- LeBron James put his mom and then the Boston Celtics in their places.

James scored 21 points, delivering a devastating dunk over Kevin Garnett in the final two minutes, as the Cleveland Cavaliers kept the Celtics winless on the road in the playoffs, 88-77, in Game 4 on Monday night to tie the best-of-seven Eastern Conference semifinal series at 2-2.

Still stuck in a shooting slump (seven for 20), James dominated down the stretch and finished with 13 assists -- four in the fourth quarter. The Cavaliers also showed that they can play stingy defense too, holding the Celtics -- the NBA's best defensive team -- to only 12 points in the final period.

"That's what we needed to do," said James, who yelled at his mother, Gloria, to sit down after she came to his defense early in the game after he got tangled with Paul Pierce and Garnett.

The players' momentum had carried them into a crowded front row, where Gloria James told Pierce to leave her baby alone.

"I told her to sit down, in some language I shouldn't have used," James said. "Thank God today wasn't Mother's Day. All I could think about is her. . . . I know my mother. It's fine, we're good."

Boston fell to 0-5 on the road in the postseason after going 31-10 during the regular season.

"It's hard to say. I have no answer for it," Ray Allen said.

Glenn
05-13-2008, 09:44 AM
"LeBron is wise beyond his years."

MoTown
05-13-2008, 10:22 AM
How old is LeBron, anyway?

Black Dynamite
05-13-2008, 11:28 AM
55 thanks to human growth hormone. Dude was shaving his goatee at 11.

Now you see why most moms dont get front row seats. Can't blame him for yelling at her for her own safety, Though i think she coulda took KG.

Uncle Mxy
05-13-2008, 03:38 PM
55 thanks to human growth hormone. Dude was shaving his goatee at 11.
You sure you don't have him confused with Greg Oden? LeBron is only 44, tops.

Glenn
05-13-2008, 03:54 PM
a giffman watch has been issued

Tahoe
05-13-2008, 05:08 PM
I hope Morrow isn't seriously hurt (really doubt he is) and if he isn't...LOL@Morrow!

Oops, this was obviously meant fort the Wings/Dallas thread.

Tahoe
05-13-2008, 05:14 PM
And I'm begining to think Cleveland has a better shot at winning one in Boston, than the Celts in Cleveland...meaing we're playing the Cavs in the ECF fellas.

btw...I reserve the right to change when Boston wins the next game.

DrRay11
05-13-2008, 05:25 PM
Wait a minute, how did we get LeBron Jameson?

Wizzle
05-14-2008, 03:35 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/080514

long but well worth it

DrRay11
05-14-2008, 03:59 PM
That's what she said

Zekyl
05-14-2008, 04:16 PM
Evil Keith-esque if you ask me? Or Kstat-esque from those "chat rooms"

Kstat
05-14-2008, 07:59 PM
I don't know whether to be flattered or offended that Simmons uses so much of my material in his columns.

Oh well, I stole one of his formats once in an article, so we're even.

Black Dynamite
05-14-2008, 08:14 PM
RAJON: Coach, no offense, but my confidence is destroyed. Every time I do something wrong, I look over at the bench now because I think Sam is coming in.

(Doc studies him intently for a second.)

DOC: Nahhhhhh ... I don't believe you. If we end up losing to Cleveland, I'm gonna need to start blaming people, and if I tell people that we lost because "our young guys just didn't have enough experience," my lackeys covering this team might actually buy it. I need a 10-turnover game from you, Rajon, and I need it soon. Sam, you just keep doing what you're doing -- hogging the ball, taking us out of our offense, forcing horrible shots and yelling at your teammates if they do anything wrong.
this was pretty funny.

Tahoe
05-14-2008, 10:04 PM
Dick Stockton said Clevelands coach was an assistant for the Pistons when we won the title. I'm out of touch, cuz I did NOT know that.

Wasn't the Atlanta Hawks coach on our squad too?

jturbo
05-14-2008, 10:20 PM
Mike Brown, Cleveland's coach was with the Spurs I think and Atlanta's Woodson was with us.

Tahoe
05-14-2008, 10:54 PM
Thanks JT. I looked it up a lil bit and I couldn't find anything on it.

Zekyl
05-15-2008, 01:26 AM
Yeah, he was definitely not with us.

Black Dynamite
05-15-2008, 02:07 AM
he's mixing him up with lb's brother herb brown. which is severely pathetic on his part.

Uncle Mxy
05-15-2008, 07:09 AM
he's mixing him up with lb's brother herb brown. which is severely pathetic on his part.
It just goes to show you how great a teacher of the game LB is...

<snark>

Zekyl
05-15-2008, 11:12 AM
LeBron referred to his team as "a LeBron James team".

MoTown
05-15-2008, 11:40 AM
I can't watch this series. I keep trying, but it's so boring I'm asleep by the second quarter.

DrRay11
05-15-2008, 11:43 AM
Yeah, I usually watch the start, then go play video games or something. Shit sucks.

Wilfredo Ledezma
05-16-2008, 03:10 PM
I can't watch this series. I keep trying, but it's so boring I'm asleep by the second quarter.

I find it easier to watch this series than the Hornets/Spurs series. Now that one is brutal, all the games have been decided by more than 10.

Glenn
05-16-2008, 03:44 PM
I think if Doc had the balls, bringing Ray Allen off the bench and starting Posey makes a lot of sense.

Wilfredo Ledezma
05-16-2008, 04:10 PM
I think if Doc had the balls, bringing Ray Allen off the bench and starting Posey makes a lot of sense.

I agree completely. Ray Allen has become strictly a role player. He's a liability on defense (he always has been), and now more than ever, his shots aren't falling...

Doc doesn't have the balls though. Ray is under contract for 3 more years and to our benefit, he's going to keep playing him 40 min per game...

If the C's advance, I hope Flip has a plan to attack Ray every chance he gets. My guess is Ray will guard Rip, so we gotta keep feeding Rip the ball until Doc makes an adjustment.

Plus, if I remember correctly, Ray Allen didnt' exactly "light it up" in any of the 3 meetings this year. He's always been mediocre Vs. the Pistons.

Glenn
05-16-2008, 04:53 PM
LeBron referred to his team as "a LeBron James team".

I like the full quote, something like "a LeBron James team is never desperate"

Glenn
05-16-2008, 08:12 PM
Doris Burke

Aw, hell yeah.

Tahoe
05-16-2008, 09:36 PM
This one is going back to Boston.

Timone
05-16-2008, 10:04 PM
Not so fast my friend.

Uncle Mxy
05-16-2008, 10:14 PM
I agree completely. Ray Allen has become strictly a role player. He's a liability on defense (he always has been), and now more than ever, his shots aren't falling...
He's having a lousy playoffs, that's all. I wouldn't write an obituary for Jesus Shuttlesworth just yet.

Timone
05-16-2008, 10:46 PM
Holy shit, look at that score.

Timone
05-16-2008, 10:51 PM
Boston's going to have to go through Hell if they want to get to the Finals.

Two straight seven game playoff matchups and possibly a third vs us, if they even win vs Cleveland.

BubblesTheLion
05-16-2008, 10:54 PM
I'm not so sure Boston is advancing.

Uncle Mxy
05-16-2008, 10:56 PM
The Boston Road Warriors do it again... NOT!

Higherwarrior
05-16-2008, 10:58 PM
LOL- here comes game 7! and you know what? even though it's in boston, you NEVER want one game to decide it all if you're going against a guy like lebron.

no, he's not jordan and he has a lot more 'seasoning' to be called great. but he IS a great athlete and can carry a team in one game, as we so clearly saw last year.

i wouldn't be completely shocked if they upset the celtics. i hope game 7 goes to 10 OT periods so the winner is dog tired for game 1 against us. we'll need that advantage too since we've had such a long layoff.

Timone
05-16-2008, 11:17 PM
He's having a lousy playoffs, that's all. I wouldn't write an obituary for Jesus Shuttlesworth just yet.

Whatever happened to that guy?

BubblesTheLion
05-17-2008, 12:48 AM
Is Kid Rock a traitor?
I sworn I saw him at the Cavs game. What's next, are they going to adopt teal Jerseys?

Black Dynamite
05-17-2008, 03:14 AM
Kid Rock, Reverend Run from Run DMC and Peter Wolf of Boston's J. Geils Band sat in the front row. They're performing in the arena on Saturday night.

Vinny
05-17-2008, 05:29 AM
Kid Rock, Reverend Run from Run DMC and Peter Wolf of Boston's J. Geils Band sat in the front row. They're performing in the arena on Saturday night.

What a crazy fucking combo. Sorry, a little drunk but all I can picture is some strange combo of Centerfold and Batwida sung to the beat of My Adidas. God I wish I could describe that better right now because I swear to god it's funny as shit in my head. WHAT UP GUSMAN!!!!!!!!!

On another note, i almost hate their road woes because I don't want us to take Boston too lightly at home if they make it. We can beat these fucks.

Black Dynamite
05-18-2008, 07:14 PM
Man imma hate watching the Celts turn into a bunch of mini flexos after every free throw and out of bounds play. Thanks Cleveland for stretching them as far as they'll go. Though i woulda preferred 4 OT's before the result.

Black Dynamite
05-18-2008, 07:15 PM
The cavs lost the game when lebron threw the ball to Ben who coulda went up for a foul at Kg, but decided to rush it back to lebron for the long 3 when they were down by 1 point.

DE
05-18-2008, 07:24 PM
The cavs lost the game when lebron threw the ball to Ben who coulda went up for a foul at Kg, but decided to rush it back to lebron for the long 3 when they were down by 1 point.

:cogent:

IronManKind
05-18-2008, 09:10 PM
I give TheBron credit for the long threes he hits, but when you are that unstoppable going to the rim, all those long shots strike me as lazy.

Another major play when Pierce out-hustled TheBron after Z easily won the jump ball. I believe they were down three at that point.

I hope no one is worried about Pierce having a game like that again. He is averaging what? 17 ppg in the playoffs? as long as you stay in front of him he'll usually shoot a pretty mediocre percentage. The big challenge will be scoring in the paint, that's where Prince and Sheed need to step up.

BubblesTheLion
05-18-2008, 11:27 PM
I give TheBron credit for the long threes he hits, but when you are that unstoppable going to the rim, all those long shots strike me as lazy.

Another major play when Pierce out-hustled TheBron after Z easily won the jump ball. I believe they were down three at that point.

I hope no one is worried about Pierce having a game like that again. He is averaging what? 17 ppg in the playoffs? as long as you stay in front of him he'll usually shoot a pretty mediocre percentage. The big challenge will be scoring in the paint, that's where Prince and Sheed need to step up.

There really is no reason in matchups, or chemistry Detroit should lose this series. Our Roster can score on their roster 1-5, and we neutralize more strengths than they do on our side. Then you add in depth...

The only thing going against us in homecourt, and that should not be a damn problem, just one road win and we are virtually guaranteed the Finals.
Hell, even Flip is the better coach in this one....

Boston also has the consecutive game 7 history going against them as well.
There is a reason for that. They weren't fast in the first place, and they look like they are getting worn down. They started to grind to a halt in the 2nd half of that game 7 at home. I like our chances in a long series, or a short serires, or any series.

The only reason I can see losing this is if Flip epically fails, or the Refs royally fuck us like I expect they shall try.

We, are, better. Regular season records be damned (Titanic Division?), we are the better god damn team. I expect Ray Allen to play a a little better, and Pierce to play ...well like he NORMALLY does.

At least I don't have to change my sig.

Higherwarrior
05-18-2008, 11:35 PM
anyone gonna start the ECF series thread?

DrRay11
05-18-2008, 11:44 PM
I gave it a passing thought...