WTFDetroit.com

View Full Version : The Essential Brett Favre Thread

Pages : [1] 2

MikeMyers
02-02-2007, 12:51 PM
http://www.sunherald.com/mld/sunherald/16607933.htm

Glenn
02-02-2007, 01:01 PM
At least he didn't let the drama drag on as long as he did last year.

That shit almost made me stop listening to sports radio.

WTFchris
02-02-2007, 01:26 PM
Somewhere Aaron Rodgers is shooting a Brett Farve fat head wall graphic.

Vinny
02-02-2007, 04:05 PM
So is Packers' management. I think they wanted him to retire last year, part of the reason they dumped Sherman. They just want to move on at this point but they can't say so for the PR disaster.

Black Dynamite
02-02-2007, 04:22 PM
trade farve and be done with it.

Glenn
02-02-2007, 04:23 PM
I suppose it buys the Packers another year to decide if Aaron Rodgers is a bust or not.

DennyMcLain
02-03-2007, 10:51 AM
I kinda like this move by Favre. The Packers grew as a team during the season, and played well near the end. A team most thought would stink up their division at the start of the season posted a respectable 8-8 mark. With a couple of off-season moves, the Pack might make the playoffs in 2007.

I'm almost certain if GB dropped another 4-12 season on Favre, he would've called it quits. Dude still has a cannon for an arm, and he's always thrown interceptions.

Black Dynamite
02-03-2007, 11:27 AM
I'm almost certain if GB dropped another 4-12 season on Favre, he would've called it quits. Dude still has a cannon for an arm, and he's always thrown interceptions.
http://img292.imageshack.us/img292/8462/babyorlyla5rq8ld8.gif:yingyang:

acman1
02-04-2007, 02:12 PM
Somewhere Aaron Rodgers is shooting a Brett Farve fat head wall graphic.
I was thinking more along the Lines of throwing darts at him!

Timone
12-28-2007, 12:29 PM
g8kQpP1YdmI

Big Swami
12-28-2007, 03:24 PM
Whoever made that movie is very, very gay and needs to accept it with courage and fortitude. The only thing more gay than that would be if it were about Tom Brady.

Timone
01-06-2008, 07:55 PM
PV6hzZ7KR3M

This dude is friggin' cool.

and by cool I mean a loser.

Here's more of his vids:

dWYMhLC5_Ok

ZPuaVqI5a9Y

Kzm3I-VvB6A

Fool
01-07-2008, 07:00 AM
Glenn starts crying at exactly 3:05 of that video.

Glenn
01-15-2008, 04:07 PM
mb1DcB-zGSU

Fool
01-15-2008, 04:15 PM
Nice. Really nice.
That's maybe the greatest song ever recorded.

Glenn
01-15-2008, 04:16 PM
This shitty rap one or the Chariots of Fire theme?

Also, you didn't watch the whole thing so you had no idea about the Chariots of Fire theme.

Fool
01-15-2008, 04:24 PM
The shitty rap one. I love how blatantly terrible it is.

Timone
01-15-2008, 04:45 PM
The shitty rap ruined a great commercial.

Timone
01-15-2008, 04:53 PM
This is why I hate Cameron Diaz:

bFdvneZR4wQ

Timone
01-15-2008, 05:54 PM
Terrorists struck at America’s greatest treasure today, detonating a bomb that was placed under Brett Favre’s truck. But the national hero snuffed out the blast with his legendary throwing arm, sparing himself and others from serious injury or death.

“The JFK assassination, the Challenger explosion, these were all great national tragedies – Whoop! Whoop! Whoop!” said NFL broadcaster Chris Berman. “But rooting for Brett Favre is like rooting for America, it just is. And had he been felled, I doubt our country could ever truly recover. Bumbling, stumbling, fumbling!”

President Bush said Favre has been the primary target of terrorists for years.

“Brett Favre is America,” said President Bush. “No one believed we could thread the needle of freedom through the triple coverage of oppression, but we did. And today we stand aging and wiser, yet still a kid at heart. This is why evil-doers wish Brett Favre harm. He is everything that is great about America – but then multiplied by a thousand and covered in rugged stubble. Taking him down is the only thing that would truly hurt this country, and the terrorists know it. And no amount of prescription painkillers would dull that pain.”

The attack on Favre came this afternoon as he was about to leave the team’s facility following practice. The heroic gunslinger spotted a time bomb stuck in his pick-up truck’s wheel well, but decided to cover the bomb with his hulking hand instead of discarding it. The huge blast left Favre’s truck a smoking heap of metal, but made no mark on his hand.

“I haven’t missed a start in my career due to injury and Al-Qaeda thinks a little car bomb is going to hurt me?” Favre asked. “If they believe that, I’ve got some swamp land in Mississippi to sell them. No, seriously, I have lots of swamp land I can sell.”

Packers head coach Mike McCarthy says the bomb scene was vintage Favre.

“People asked me why Brett didn’t just grab the bomb and throw it far out of the way before it blew up,” said McCarthy. “Well, the answer to that is simple. Brett Favre never plays it safe. He never throws it away. In fact, he’d be more likely to throw a bomb into a group of three or four children than to throw it away.”

Old article I dug up on SportsPickle.

Zekyl
01-15-2008, 11:48 PM
I could picture favre throwing a bomb into a group of 4 children, but when i picture it, only one of them has a Packers jersey on. It just doesn't make sense. Why would he throw into that big of a crowd when he's only got one guy in there? I'm glad he never does that in real life.

Glenn
01-19-2008, 11:33 AM
http://a1259.g.akamai.net/f/1259/5586/1d/images.art.com/images/-/Brett-Favre---200th-Start-Photograph-C10212933.jpeg

http://shaq.itgo.com/brett_favre1.jpg

http://artfiles.art.com/images/-/Brett-Favre---Sporting-News-Poster-C10012244.jpeg

http://www.mensjournal.com/feature/0510/images/brettFavre.jpg

http://www.polkonline.com/images/030301/brett-favre.jpg

http://www.andylurie.com/home/andy_photo/SPORTS/FARVE/BrettFavreSB.jpg

http://www.albany.edu/~jr961944/vicodin.jpg

http://img369.imageshack.us/img369/4895/favremadden5rw.jpg

Jethro34
01-19-2008, 12:34 PM
Your wife should be concerned. Madden may be one of only 5 people with a stronger man crush on BF.

Zekyl
01-19-2008, 05:30 PM
Loving the Vicodin pic.

Timone
01-19-2008, 06:31 PM
Awesome thread.

I don't like the pic with Madden though.

Favre's addiction to painkillers was 1000000x more intense than Jesse's addiction to caffeine pills.

Timone
01-20-2008, 10:24 AM
I understand America's love of Favre.

I don't understand why people like Clemens' fat ass though.

Timone
01-20-2008, 10:28 AM
Favre vs. Clemens poll?

Timone
01-20-2008, 01:03 PM
u8HAzI63X8Q

Timone
03-04-2008, 09:34 AM
Just reported on Mike and Mike by Mortensen.

Timone
03-04-2008, 09:38 AM
Jay Glazer initially reported it and Mortensen confirmed it.

The most storied quarterback career in NFL history is coming to a close.

FOXSports.com has learned that legendary quarterback Brett Favre has decided to retire. In fact, it's believed he informed the Packers of his decision within the last few days, although it's unclear when Favre and the team will make his decision known.

So barring an unforeseen last-minute change of heart, Favre will leave the game after 17 years, during which he built himself into a household name and a figure synonymous with grit, toughness and perseverance.

Neither GM Ted Thompson nor head coach Mike McCarthy returned several calls left by FOXSports.com for confirmation.

After flirting with retirement for the last few years, Favre will finally go out on the heels of one of the best seasons of his career.

He led the Packers to the NFC Championship Game after passing for a stunning 4,155 yards, looking very much at times like a younger version of himself. In addition he threw 28 TDs — including an overtime Hail Mary pass to beat Denver in front of a national audience — and had a 95.7 quarterback rating. He was also voted into the Pro Bowl following the 2007 season but declined to go.

Favre leaves the game as the all-time record holder in several categories including wins, passing yards, touchdowns and consecutive games started. A three-time MVP, The southern swashbuckler won fans over with his carefree style that epitomized the "gunslinger" moniker and made fans out of everyone from the guy next door to those already enshrined in Canton.

If in fact, Favre does not have a change of heart, his final pass of a Hall of Fame Career was an interception by the Giants' Corey Webster, setting up New York's overtime win in the NFC title game.

For the last few years, the question of whether or not Favre was going to retire has been the most debated topic during the off-season. Two years ago he let his decision linger as reports both that he was returning and that he was retiring emerged. In fact, at one point he was supposedly going to announce his retirement at his charity golf tournament. Of course, those reports ultimately proved to be false.

Then after his final game of the 2006 season, a tearing and emotional Favre appeared on national TV and seemed to be bidding the game adieu. But once again, he had a change of heart and came back for what proved to be one heck of a final hurrah.

This time, Favre has made his decision and will likely make it publicly known soon. However, like in the past, Favre could wake up any day now and decide to change his mind, although that doesn't seem likely at this point.

The team will now shift to Aaron Rodgers, a former first-round pick, who has had few opportunities to play since being selected with the 24th overall pick in the 2005 draft. But when Favre was injured in a Thursday night game against Dallas this past season, Rodgers looked pretty good in relief. The former Cal star completed 18 of 26 passes for 201 yards and a touchdown — the first of his career — and nearly rallied the Packers to the win.

geerussell
03-04-2008, 10:08 AM
Nice to see him go out on a high note. The season he had was a pretty epic comeback for a guy who was all but written off as washed up.

WTFchris
03-04-2008, 10:25 AM
This just in...John Madden has locked himself in his bus and extensive sobbing can be heard from miles around.

Hermy
03-04-2008, 10:55 AM
Overrated tool.

darkobetterthanmelo
03-04-2008, 11:22 AM
Most storied career? You have gotta be kidding me Jay Glazer. Don't get me wrong, I love favre, but I hate how ESPN has that stupid favre thing on the bottom line. Sunday Night Football, with Michaels, Madden, and Favre?

Big Swami
03-04-2008, 11:34 AM
needs more wrangler

WTFchris
03-04-2008, 12:03 PM
Favre used to be one of my favorite players. The last few years I got real tired of all the circus going on with him staying or retiring. I think his legacy has lost a little luster with that. If he had simply played up until retiring with no debate every year whether he was coming back or not...I think people would view him a little differently.

Tahoe
03-04-2008, 12:24 PM
It looks like ESPN is NOT even going to commercials right now. LOL.

WDFN reporting ESPN flags at half mass.

Timone
03-04-2008, 12:39 PM
Geez, this is getting even more coverage than the Pistons waiving Flip Murray. WTF?

Timone
03-04-2008, 12:51 PM
The NFL (National Favre League) still has Brady at least.

*puke*

Timone
03-04-2008, 01:31 PM
Most storied career? You have gotta be kidding me Jay Glazer.

Well, he's the all time leader in passing yards, passing attempts, passing completions, passing touchdowns (ints too), and wins. Not to mention he won 3 consecutive MVP awards from 95-97.

Of course, if you're talking from a rings standpoint, then I can see why you said that. He has only 1, while others like Bradshaw, Elway, Montana, and even Brady have more than that.

WTFchris
03-04-2008, 01:40 PM
Well, he's the all time leader in passing yards, passing attempts, passing completions, passing touchdowns (ints too), and wins. Not to mention he won 3 consecutive MVP awards from 95-97.

Of course, if you're talking from a rings standpoint, then I can see why you said that. He has only 1, while others like Bradshaw, Elway, Montana, and even Brady have more than that.

Well, the ring arguement is hard really. Bradshaw was no better than Joey Harrington in terms of stats, he just happened to be on a great team and he also made the plays when he had to. You could put Trent Dilfer or Brian Griese out there and probably win those 4 superbowls. I think he's always been overrated.

Favre and Brady have been winning in an era of free agency, which makes it much harder to sustain a dominant team (unlike when Montana was racking up wins).

I'd probably put Favre 3rd on my QB list after Montana and Elway.

Timone
03-04-2008, 01:42 PM
I agree with all of that, Chris. Which is why I don't like it when anyone judges someone's career by how many championships they have/use the championship arguement to compare players.

I don't know where to put Favre in the top 5 for me, but he's there.

Glenn
03-04-2008, 01:49 PM
I am comfortable with this.

Timone
03-04-2008, 01:57 PM
Brett can wear Wranglers all the time now if he wants.

darkobetterthanmelo
03-04-2008, 01:59 PM
Madden won't be wearing any wranglers when him and Favre are using the telestrator.

Timone
03-04-2008, 02:01 PM
Madden should take after Brett and retire too.

Vinny
03-04-2008, 03:26 PM
Freep's Best of Favre Gallery (http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/gallery?Site=C4&Date=20080304&Category=SPORTS01&ArtNo=304002&Ref=PH&Params=Itemnr=11)

Glenn
03-04-2008, 03:26 PM
"Obama/Favre '08" has a nice ring to it

Black Dynamite
03-04-2008, 03:56 PM
Favre is a selfish faggot to wait until Moss's decision before he retired. Basically saying "fuck ya'll cheese dick bums, we can't win shit w/o Moss to carry us".

Timone
03-04-2008, 04:40 PM
My favorite Favre moments: GW td pass in OT to beat the Giants in the NFC title game, then beating the Patriots in the SB.

Sigh...

Wilfredo Ledezma
03-04-2008, 06:02 PM
My favorite Favre moments: GW td pass in OT to beat the Giants in the NFC title game, then beating the Patriots in the SB.

Sigh...

:cogent: , he left a lasting impression on the league.

Tahoe
03-04-2008, 07:31 PM
Well, the ring arguement is hard really. Bradshaw was no better than Joey Harrington in terms of stats, he just happened to be on a great team and he also made the plays when he had to. You could put Trent Dilfer or Brian Griese out there and probably win those 4 superbowls. I think he's always been overrated.

Favre and Brady have been winning in an era of free agency, which makes it much harder to sustain a dominant team (unlike when Montana was racking up wins).

I'd probably put Favre 3rd on my QB list after Montana and Elway.

OMFG...Bradshaw and Harrington equal? You gotta be kidding me. Bradshaw was a warrior. His stats and Joey's stats might be similar but it wasn't 'just cuz Bradshaw played on great teams'. Bradshaw got it done when he needed to, Joey pissed his pants when he needed to get it done.

DennyMcLain
03-04-2008, 08:39 PM
Favre is a selfish faggot to wait until Moss's decision before he retired. Basically saying "fuck ya'll cheese dick bums, we can't win shit w/o Moss to carry us".
I can imagine Gutz crying uncontrollably, hands shaking, as he wrote that.

Black Dynamite
03-04-2008, 10:00 PM
Nope, Just made a statement about the quality of that move. Personally I think its funny.

gusman
03-05-2008, 12:15 PM
I can not believe how much media attention this is getting. I guess I did not realize how popular he really was

Glenn
03-06-2008, 12:29 PM
Mike/Mike were saying this morning that some redneck in Florida named his twin boys "Brett" and "Favre" about two weeks ago.

Glenn
03-06-2008, 12:34 PM
I'm not a huge Caliendo fan, but this segment from yesterday with him as "Madden depressed about Favre's retirement" is really good.

Click on Frank Caliendo under "sound bytes": http://espnradio.espn.go.com/espnradio/show?showId=mikeandmike

The best part is the part about cloning Favre and the space/time continuum.

Tahoe
03-06-2008, 12:39 PM
FoxNews is covering it live. Jesus people, he was a football player.

Tahoe
03-25-2008, 05:50 PM
The drama queen hasn't filed his retirement papers yet. So the speculation begins.

Timone
04-25-2008, 04:13 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/6/6d/Madden_NFL_09_Coverart.jpg/256px-Madden_NFL_09_Coverart.jpg

Also, I'd like to see the name of this thread be changed to Brett Favre Updates.

Timone
07-02-2008, 05:01 PM
Source: Favre has 'itch' to ditch retirement, report to camp

With his family "tugging" on him to play, Brett Favre has an "itch" to come out of retirement and report to training camp with the Green Bay Packers later this month, according to sources close to the team and player.

Favre has communicated his potential desire to coach Mike McCarthy but talks have not advanced to a substantive stage, a Packers source said.

The source said the Packers would be reluctant to open the door for Favre because "Brett retired for the right reasons, even though I know his family is tugging on him [to play]."

Another source conceded Favre was "getting the itch" to play football in 2008.

However, Favre's agent downplayed the likelihood that the quarterback could un-retire or that he was prepared to report to camp July 28.

"As far as I know, right now, Brett Favre is retired and until he tells me something different, that's what it is," James "Bus" Cook, Favre's agent, said.

Favre was unavailable for comment. A Packers spokesman said that McCarthy and general manager Ted Thompson were on vacation.

Favre has two years remaining on his contract at an average of about $12.5 million per season. His salary is not currently counting toward the salary cap because the Packers placed him on the reserve-retired list.

If Favre decides that he absolutely wants to play this season, the Packers could be confronted with a sensitive issue. The entire offseason has been spent preparing Aaron Rodgers to play quarterback to the point where "the offensive scheme has evolved" and, psychologically, closing the door on Favre's legendary 17-year career.

If the Packers resist a stronger push by Favre to return, sources speculate that the quarterback could press the team to release him from his contract so that he could seek a job with another team. A league official said that Favre could force a decision by asking the Packers, in writing, to reinstate him to active status. The team would have to comply or release him.

"That's speculation and I wouldn't go there," a team source said. "We value Brett's legacy, we think he values it, and we'd want to protect that. Brett's a high-quality person and he's not going to push it that far. He'll do the right thing [and stay retired]. This was almost predictable, the idea that Brett would get the itch to play as we get closer to the season."

In an interview done with ESPN around the time Favre retired in early March, McCarthy predicted Favre "will have an itch to come back. I saw Joe Montana go through it, even though I was a younger coach in Kansas City at the time."

McCarthy said it was Favre who convinced the coach that retirement was the "right thing to do."

"I tried to talk him out of retirement," McCarthy said back in March. "Tom Clements [Green Bay's quarterbacks coach] and I were trying to sell him on the concept that he could still play at a high level with 80-to-85 percent of the commitment he had last year. Brett thought that maybe he could do it but he reasoned that when you cut back the commitment, you open yourself up to injury, to not being on top of your game -- which was very important to Brett -- and letting the team down in the process.

"Really, what Brett did was very honorable because the stress and pressure he feels is a direct result of the standard he sets for himself."

Chris Mortensen covers the NFL for ESPN.

Glenn
07-03-2008, 08:43 AM
SHOCKING

CLEMENS AND TIGER WOODS TO FOLLOW

Zekyl
07-03-2008, 04:50 PM
He already came out and denied the whole thing.

Timone
07-03-2008, 06:42 PM
He already came out and denied the whole thing.

Which means it's true...

Timone
07-03-2008, 06:43 PM
Some dushbag on Around The Horn today essentially said Fuck Aaron Rodgers.

Fuck Aaron Rodgers?

FUCK AARON RODGERS?

I just can not get with that thinking. Aaron Rodgers is our starting QB as of right now, and we the Packer fans must always be behind our guy.

UxKa
07-03-2008, 07:28 PM
Some dushbag on Around The Horn today essentially said Fuck Aaron Rodgers.

Fuck Aaron Rodgers?

FUCK AARON RODGERS?

I just can not get with that thinking. Aaron Rodgers is our starting QB as of right now, and we the Packer fans must always be behind our guy.

Yes, Packers do always need to be behind their guy.

Timone
07-03-2008, 07:35 PM
Yes, Packers do always need to be behind their guy.

Nice job.

:cogent:

Zekyl
07-07-2008, 09:29 PM
http://assets.espn.go.com/photo/2008/0705/nfl_a_favre_rodgers_580.jpg
Who looks younger here?

Hell, who looks like a football player and who looks like a bum fan here?

Glenn
07-07-2008, 09:30 PM
Peter King is claiming that Favre is going to have the Packers remove him from the retired list.

Glenn
07-08-2008, 08:33 AM
This seriously looks like it's going to happen, and it even seems like he wants to go elsewhere.

So who needs a QB?

I'd be shocked if he went to a divisional foe, but the Vikings would make a lot of sense, IMO. They're sort of a sleeping giant, and the missing piece is a top flight QB (which Favre may or may not be).

The Bears aren't quite on par with Minny's talent level, but would Favre be an upgrade over Sexy Rexy? Of course he would.

You can forget the Lions. Not only are they miles away from being a legitimate football team, but is Favre really that much better than Kitna at this point?

Another team that makes some sense is Carolina. They'd love him down there, and while Delhomme is solid, he doesn't do anything extraordinary.

How about Tampa Bay? Gruden still runs the WCO and he seemingly is always looking for a QB. Jeff Garcia would not be pleased, of course.

As far as the AFC, can you imagine Favre in NY with the Jets? How about KC, Baltimore, or Miami?

Glenn
07-08-2008, 11:12 AM
Report: Favre sends text message to Packers GM Thompson
ESPN.com news services

Updated: July 8, 2008, 10:27 AM ET

The Green Bay Packers and Brett Favre are publicly remaining quiet on reports that the quarterback is reconsidering his decision to retire. But according to media reports, that doesn't mean there's no activity behind the scenes.

Favre has said little about the report that he was considering a return to the NFL, other than telling the Sun Herald of Biloxi, Miss. that "it's all rumor" and that there was "no reason" for a media frenzy. And the Packers said they had "no reaction" to ESPN's report that Favre had an "itch" to come out of retirement and report to training camp later this month.

But WTMJ-TV in Milwaukee reported Monday that Favre sent a text message to Packers GM Ted Thompson on Saturday -- and that Thompson's reply was that he is on vacation and the two men will have to talk later.

And Sports Illustrated reported on its Web site Monday that Thompson has ignored phone calls from Favre's agent, James "Bus" Cook, while sending an intermediary to Mississippi to talk to Favre. According to that report, Cook is expected to request that Favre be taken off the NFL's reserve/retired list within the next 10 days.

Last week, ESPN's Chris Mortensen reported Favre had communicated his potential desire to return to coach Mike McCarthy, but that talks had not advanced to a substantive stage, according to a Packers source. The source said the Packers would be reluctant to open the door for Favre because "Brett retired for the right reasons, even though I know his family is tugging on him [to play]."

And at least one Packers player said that Favre hasn't completely gotten the game out of his system.

Last week on ESPN's "NFL Live," Packers defensive back Al Harris said: "I've talked to Brett and I know he has the itch to come back and play. If he will or not, I don't know. But I know he's feeling he wants to play."

When asked how Favre expressed his desire to return, Harris said the quarterback said, "I got the itch."

Citing NFL sources, multiple media outlets in Wisconsin reported last week that Favre or his agent contacted the Packers about returning a few weeks ago and the conversation ended with the quarterback asking for his release. The team reportedly refused his request.

If Favre indeed decides to return, that would put the Packers in an awkward situation. The entire offseason has been spent preparing Aaron Rodgers to play quarterback to the point where "the offensive scheme has evolved" and psychologically closing the door on Favre's legendary 17-year career.

If Favre asked the Packers, in writing, to reinstate him to active status, the team would have to comply or release him.

http://tmq2.files.wordpress.com/2007/06/american-flag.jpg

Timone
07-08-2008, 04:00 PM
I NEED TO KNOW WHAT BRETT WAS EATING FOR BREAKFAST WHILE HE WAS THINKING ABOUT IT THIS MORNING. COME ON ESPN!!

Zekyl
07-08-2008, 06:04 PM
Probably eggs, bacon, and anything else American. Also, he was wearing Wranglers.

Timone
07-09-2008, 07:35 PM
Bring Favre back, make him back up Aaron Rodgers, then when Rodgers gets hurt insert Brett back in, win the SB, then he can retire for real. Now that would be an amazing story. I've got tears in my eyes thinking about the movie adaptation.

Glenn
07-11-2008, 04:19 PM
lol

Favre seeks unconditional release from Packers, sources say

By Chris Mortensen
ESPN.com
Updated: July 11, 2008, 3:49 PM ET

HATTIESBURG, Miss -- Three days after a conference call with Green Bay Packers team officials on Tuesday in which quarterback Brett Favre emphatically expressed his desire to play in 2008, Favre on Friday formally asked for his contractual release from the Packers in a letter, sources close to Favre and the team said.

The letter was sent by Favre's agent, James "Bus" Cook, via overnight mail on Thursday and arrived at the Packers facility Friday morning.

Cook, on behalf of Favre, expressed a desire to have an amicable parting, as the Packers have been reluctant to embrace his return. Favre announced his retirement in early March.

During a conference call on Tuesday that included Packers general manager Ted Thompson, Packers coach Mike McCarthy, Favre and Cook, sources say that the quarterback stated emphatically that he wanted to play again.

When Favre was reminded by the Packers' brass that it was in March when the quarterback said publicly and privately that he wasn't 100 percent committed to football, sources said. Favre acknowledged his state of mind at the time, but added that he never felt he was a 100 percent committed in March of previous years, either. Favre felt he had to make a decision to retire because the Packers were pressing him for an answer, a source said.

During the same conference call on Tuesday, neither Thompson nor McCarthy were openly receptive or enthused about Favre's desire to un-retire, the sources said, prompting Favre to direct Cook to request his release from the Packers. Favre has three years remaining on his contract for a total of $39 million. He currently is on the reserve-retired list.

Favre wants a mutual parting rather than having to force the Packers' hand by writing a letter to request his reinstatement to the active 80-man roster. Under league policy, the team would have to comply or release him.

Cook's letter did suggest that Favre's accomplishments for the franchise merited the team honoring his request to be released, also asking that the action be taken "with no strings attached." Favre does not want to be traded, sources said, because he wants the freedom of choice to play for any other franchise.

Favre has been in communication with McCarthy during the past month about his desire to play but until this week had not spoken with Thompson.

Neither Thompson nor McCarthy were available for comment on Friday.

Favre did not wish to speak publicly about his situation when approached while working out Friday morning at a local high school in Hattiesburg. He appeared to be in excellent physical condition and threw the ball with ease, even throwing a football 50 yards "on a rope" with high school receivers. He has been throwing and running with the team for more than a month.

Favre was relaxed and in a positive frame of mind, joking and telling stories about himself, former teammates and coaches. He planned to continue working out next week.

Timone
07-11-2008, 06:10 PM
I definitely don't want him in Baltimore.

Timone
07-11-2008, 06:20 PM
Could we be seeing Favre vs the Packers on opening night?

That'd be pretty interesting, because they're retiring his jersey before the game. lol

BubblesTheLion
07-11-2008, 11:11 PM
Brett Favre really hates training camp.
In all fairness to Brett, he doesn't need to retire, it's all the jackasses that keep trying to retire him and protect his legacy that are the problem. Fuck legacy, he can still play.

Glenn
07-12-2008, 07:33 AM
^Strahanitis

Wizzle
07-14-2008, 01:04 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/pgStory?contentId=8339122&MSNHPHMA#sport=NFL&photo=8337136

check out #2

WTFchris
07-14-2008, 01:23 PM
I'd take him (since he's better than Kitna and both are not the long term solution). I doubt the Packers let him go to any NFC North team, and probably not the NFC in general. Imagine geating beat in Lambeau by Brett in the playoffs.

Glenn
07-14-2008, 03:12 PM
Favre to Fox News: Pack should let me play elsewhere
Associated Press
Updated: July 14, 2008, 3:07 PM ET

MILWAUKEE -- After avoiding public comment through weeks of speculation about his football future, Brett Favre is speaking for himself: He wants to play but doesn't feel welcome in Green Bay, so he's asking to be released.

Favre's first substantial comments on his latest retirement decision reversal come in an interview with Fox News' Greta Van Susteren scheduled to air at 10 p.m. ET Monday.

"I am guilty of retiring early and there is a reason for that," Favre said, according to an excerpt provided to The Associated Press. "And the major issue is 'Why did he retire,' and 'He asked for a release because he doesn't want to play in Green Bay.' That's not true. And I hope people are hearing this and saying 'OK, that clears it up.' "

Fox News lol

Timone
07-14-2008, 09:52 PM
Favre and Balanced.

Glenn
07-15-2008, 07:02 AM
Nice touch.

Glenn
07-22-2008, 04:50 PM
Report: Packers inquiring about trade market for Favre
ESPN.com news services
Updated: July 22, 2008, 4:31 PM ET

What would NFL teams trade the Green Bay Packers for Brett Favre?

The Packers have asked multiple teams what they would be willing to offer for their team icon and former NFL MVP, the NFL Network reported -- a state of affairs once unthinkable in Green Bay.

While it is not known how many teams the Packers have contacted about Favre, they have not limited their inquiries to AFC teams, according to the report.

Favre retired in early March, but recently has been having second thoughts about playing in 2008. He has asked to be released from his contract, a request the team has no plans to grant. The team has said it is committed to Aaron Rodgers, Favre's former understudy, as its quarterback of the future.

The next step for Favre could be to petition NFL commissioner Roger Goodell for reinstatement, a move that would force the Packers to release him or place him on their active roster. But last week, Favre's agent, James "Bus" Cook, said Favre has no plans to do so immediately.

According to the report, one NFL executive speculated that the Packers simply are completing their due diligence on a potential trade market for Favre before deciding whether it would be worth dealing him.

Favre's contractual rights belong to the Packers until his current deal expires after the 2010 season.

Green Bay's players report to training camp on Monday, with the first practice Tuesday.

Jethro34
07-22-2008, 06:19 PM
I heard on WDFN that the Packers have Favre's phone records indicating a number of calls between him and Vikings brass.

This is getting uglier by the day. Somewhere Madden is frowning over a bowl of Moose Tracks.

Zekyl
07-22-2008, 06:33 PM
FOOTBALLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!

Glenn
07-25-2008, 12:29 PM
The New York Jets have received permission to talk to retired Green Bay Packers quarterback Brett Favre, a source told ESPN's Chris Mortensen on Friday.

The Jets and Tampa Bay Buccaneers have expressed interest in Favre, according to a Packers source. Favre, who retired in April, hasn't made a decision on whether to send in his reinstatement letter. Favre has asked to be released from his contract and is aware of the Jets' and Bucs' interest, the source said. The Packers have no intention of releasing Favre from his contract, which expires after the 2010 season.

Also Friday, a Packers source told Mortensen that Favre informed Packers general manager Ted Thompson by phone on Thursday that he was planning to report to the team's training camp Sunday.

Timone
07-25-2008, 12:34 PM
This whole situation reminds me of the Tre/cccsdad thread in the Terrordome.

"stop sending me pms, ur gay"
"no u stop, no ur gay"

Timone
07-25-2008, 12:42 PM
Oh, and Favre on the Jets? I like the idea. They'd definitely be a better team. They don't have anybody on their roster that was there 8 months ago.

Can you imagine all the hype ESPN would give the games with the Patriots?

Timone
07-25-2008, 05:29 PM
According to ESPN, The Packers want a first round pick for Favre.

Glenn
08-01-2008, 09:57 PM
If Brett Favre accepts this $20m "personal services contract" from the Packers, I'm throwing out all of my Wranglers. Brett Favre needs to just be Brett Favre and play football.

Vinny
08-02-2008, 01:45 AM
If Favre would somehow be willing to play here, the Lions should absolutely, positively give them the first round pick. Even if it's just a year, it's the kind of move that could potentially change the image of the franchise for years. It'd be bold and probably not be worth the pick in and of itself, but even a washed up Favre would show that we're willing to do whatever it takes to win and change the whole attitude around here.

Glenn
08-02-2008, 07:26 AM
Please only refer to Brett Favre as "Brett Favre".

Also, do you really think he'd approve a trade to the Lions, of all places?

Timone
08-03-2008, 10:45 AM
REINSTATED

Glenn
08-03-2008, 09:56 PM
The Packers will have an "open competition" for the starting QB position. lol

BRETT FAVRE IS BACK IN GREEN BAY

Oh, and it's been nice knowing you, Mike McCarthy.

Timone
08-03-2008, 09:57 PM
GB don't know what the fuck they're doing.

Jackson sucks, no way in Hell are the Vikings getting to the SB (might not even make the playoffs) with him.

THIS IS THE LIONS' CHANCE!

Timone
08-04-2008, 04:08 PM
Would you hit it?

http://www.deannafavre4hope.com/resources/dsc0140retlrr.jpg

Glenn
08-04-2008, 04:10 PM
Why is everyone talking about Brett Favre?

Timone
08-05-2008, 10:49 AM
Someone clear this up for me.

According to ESPN, the Packers told the Vikings that Favre was available.

Also according to ESPN, both Favre and the Packers agreed a trade would be the best solution, but the Pack told him that they weren't willing to trade him within the division right now.

Glenn
08-05-2008, 10:50 AM
Why would they trade Brett Favre if he is retired?

Glenn
08-05-2008, 01:08 PM
Favre clarified reports that he and the Packers have backpedaled on the premise that there would be an open competition with Aaron Rodgers for the starting job.

"Mike told me, hey, we're a better team with you on it but wanted to know if I have a problem with an open competition," Favre said. "I don't have a problem with competing -- you know that, but Aaron should be the starter right now because he's been out here all this time. This is more than about an open competition and I can do that, absolutely, but this is going to be mass confusion and that's not good for this team.

"I'll practice my butt off, if it comes to that, and I think we all know what the end result will be, but this probably isn't going to work. And I truly understand that if I was in Mike's shoes, I'd see it basically the same way he sees it, I'm sure. And I think if he was in my shoes, he'd see it my way. I think we both agree on that.

"They want to know if I'm committed but I want to know if they're 100 percent committed. The problem is that there's been a lot of damage done and I can't forget it. Stuff has been said, stories planted, that just aren't true. Can I get over all that? I doubt it."

Asked what stories have been "planted," Favre alluded to the reports that said he waffled on un-retiring in late March or early April. He said that's "just not the way it went down, at all."

He also expressed anger with the stories that alleged he had a team-issued cell phone that showed the Vikings were tampering with him.

"Again, that was bull on both parts," he said.

"Then," Favre said, "they tried to buy me off to stay retired."

He added, "So they can say they welcome me back but, come on, the way they've treated me tells you the truth. They don't want me back, so let's move on. I don't know where it's headed. We'll see."

:no sacred cows:

Tahoe
08-05-2008, 02:42 PM
BREAKING NEWS!

My buddy just told me that Favre is expected on the training field at 3pm.

CAN ANYONE CONFIRM THIS?

wow this is exciting

Jmich24
08-06-2008, 11:56 PM
Per ESPN

Glazer Reports
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/8381934/Favre-out:-Packers-trade-legend-to-Jets

Tahoe
08-07-2008, 12:14 AM
I'm so glad this is over. But with him going to the Big Apple, the story will prolly only get bigger.

Timone
08-07-2008, 05:04 AM
I'm so glad this is over. But with him going to the Big Apple, the story will prolly only get bigger.

Considering the fact he's in the same division as Brady, you know it will.

Glenn
08-07-2008, 06:11 AM
I wonder if the Vikes (or Bears) will claim Pennington?

Also,

http://msn.foxsports.com/id/7109996_6_8.jpg

So pimp.

Timone
08-07-2008, 06:36 AM
I wonder if the Vikes (or Bears) will claim Pennington?

How about the Packers? lol

Glenn
08-07-2008, 07:28 AM
He wouldn't work very well in Chicago, IMO.

Not only is the running game pathetic, but his weak arm combined with the wind would be a bad fit.

If he can get to a dome team with a good offensive line, he could be servicable.

Timone
08-07-2008, 07:29 AM
I bet he ends up with the Buccs.

Glenn
08-07-2008, 07:30 AM
BREAKING NEWS

PENNINGTON AND IZZO TO THE LIONS

Timone
08-07-2008, 07:33 AM
If he can get to a dome team with a good offensive line, he could be servicable.

http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/pic/MCG/FD999~Minnie-Mouse-Posters.jpg

Timone
08-07-2008, 07:41 AM
BREAKING NEWS

PENNINGTON AND IZZO TO THE LIONS

JOHN L. SMITH TO REPLACE IZZO

Timone
08-07-2008, 07:42 AM
SAID JOHN L. SMITH AT THE PRESS CONFERENCE: "I MUST BE DREAMING"

http://www.msu.edu/%7Ehuizing7/slapjls.gif

Wilfredo Ledezma
08-07-2008, 08:54 AM
how many more days of constant Favre coverage...

Wizzle
08-07-2008, 08:59 AM
this will go on all season

Zekyl
08-07-2008, 10:10 AM
Does anyone else find it humorous that he's on the cover of Madden in a Packers uniform and he plays for the Jets? I was in GameStop the other day and they had an ad going over the sound system about "which retired pro football player and sure hall of famer is the new face of madden?" and I started laughing.

gusman
08-07-2008, 10:39 AM
great, now espn can talk about this idiot for another month, so boring

Jethro34
08-07-2008, 10:42 AM
If we could get Pennington on the cheap for a few years I wouldn't mind. He can't be worse than Stanton.

BubblesTheLion
08-07-2008, 10:54 AM
If we could get Pennington on the cheap for a few years I wouldn't mind. He can't be worse than Stanton.
Yeah. because Stanton has played enough NFL football to make that assessment :emo kid:

Jethro34
08-07-2008, 11:05 AM
We watched him for years, when he got to Detroit we learned that his mechanics were crap so Martz tore his arm apart and tried to rebuild it. Now we all know that Orlovsky is killing him in the quest for #2.

I think it's certainly safe to say Pennington is better than that.

Not to mention Stanton was drafted to be Martz's QB anyhow. He was a QB with an arm that threw more ducks than spirals but made some good decisions when the pocket fell apart, put himself out there physically (a la Elway and Steve Young with his feet ONLY) and had quickness that made his speed seem better than it was.

Like I said, I prefer Pennington over that. Not sure what happened to Pennington, but he has at least had success in the NFL. Remember 2002? QB rating over 100, 20+ TD, 3,000+ yards, only 5-6 picks, close to 70% completion rate. Yep, I think it's safe to say that even though we haven't seen Stanton in the NFL, he doesn't have that as part of his professional history.
In fact, in any season where Pennington has played 4 or more games he has completed at least 63% of his passes and thrown more TD's than INT's. But adding him would be horrible.

Glenn
08-07-2008, 11:15 AM
Gotta think that Pennington is too smart (Rhodes Scholar finalist) to come here, especially to back up Kitna.

He lost out on the award to someone named "Thiberius Q. Bukdow".

Timone
08-07-2008, 11:16 AM
Stanton would definitely improve the Lions' return game though.

DE
08-07-2008, 11:18 AM
How to sum up the woeful shit sandwich that is being a Lions fan: We actually talk about Pennington backing up Kitna as something positive and with a straight face.

Zekyl
08-07-2008, 11:55 AM
Pennington had something the Lions don't the year he put up those numbers. A great offensive line and running game. That was with Curtis Martin still running like a potential pro bowler.

Timone
08-07-2008, 12:37 PM
I wondered if Fox News covered this as breaking news.

Tahoe
08-07-2008, 12:38 PM
This is the biggest story about a 4th round pick I think I've ever seen.

BubblesTheLion
08-07-2008, 12:43 PM
I wondered if Fox News covered this as breaking news.
FoxNews: French terrorist caught smuggling cannon into New Jersey.

Zekyl
08-07-2008, 01:25 PM
FoxNews: French terrorist caught smuggling cannon into New Jersey.
I lol'd

Tahoe
08-07-2008, 01:29 PM
^ Bubs comes through with some yuks for sure

Jethro34
08-07-2008, 01:32 PM
Pennington had something the Lions don't the year he put up those numbers. A great offensive line and running game. That was with Curtis Martin still running like a potential pro bowler.

Oh, come on. You don't believe in Gosder and Kevin?

Timone
08-07-2008, 01:50 PM
He might believe in the future, but he doesn't believe in now.

Zekyl
08-07-2008, 01:51 PM
Exactly. Neither of them are even starters yet.

Wilfredo Ledezma
08-07-2008, 02:41 PM
What's disgusting is ESPN will somehow spin this into a Belichick/Mangini, Brady/Favre saga, and I'll want to blow my fucking brains out.

Glenn
08-07-2008, 03:41 PM
Source: Dolphins contact Pennington's agent
By Tim Graham
ESPN.com
Updated: August 7, 2008, 2:46 PM ET

The Miami Dolphins are interested in the New York Jets' soon-to-be-unemployed quarterback, Chad Pennington.

The Dolphins have already contacted Pennington's agent, Tom Condon, a source with knowledge of the call told ESPN.com. The Jets are expected to cut Pennington at 4 p.m. Thursday to clear salary-cap space for Brett Favre.

Pennington was drafted in 2000 by Dolphins football operations boss Bill Parcells with the 18th overall pick.
Pennington owns the highest career and single-season passer ratings in Jets history. He owns the five best season completion percentages. Joe Namath, Ken O'Brien and Richard Todd are the only Jets to have thrown for more yards.

But Pennington, 32, lost his job last year to Kellen Clemens and played in just nine games for a team that went 4-12.

Dolphins coach Tony Sparano spoke about Pennington at his daily news conference but insisted he was happy with his three quarterbacks: veteran journeyman Josh McCown, sophomore John Beck and rookie Chad Henne.

"I only know about him from playing against him," Sparano said. "From what I've heard about him, I've only heard that he's a very intelligent player, and he's always been pretty accurate with what he did with the ball. I know the guy's a competitor.

"We have three quarterbacks right now on our team, and we're finding it hard right now to get all three of those guys the work they need. I'm happy with the people we have here right now," he said.

The Dolphins last week gave NFL outcast Quincy Carter a workout. Carter played for the Dallas Cowboys when Parcells was their coach.

Many viewed Carter's tryout as indicative of the Dolphins' displeasure with their quarterback competition. McCown has been erratic, while Beck has struggled. Henne, it can be argued, is having the best camp.

Sparano claimed Carter's workout was nothing more than a casual look-see to satisfy organizational curiosity. Carter hasn't played in the NFL since 2004 because of drug-related issues.

Glenn
08-07-2008, 03:41 PM
Source: Dolphins contact Pennington's agent
By Tim Graham
ESPN.com
Updated: August 7, 2008, 2:46 PM ET

The Miami Dolphins are interested in the New York Jets' soon-to-be-unemployed quarterback, Chad Pennington.

The Dolphins have already contacted Pennington's agent, Tom Condon, a source with knowledge of the call told ESPN.com. The Jets are expected to cut Pennington at 4 p.m. Thursday to clear salary-cap space for Brett Favre.

Pennington was drafted in 2000 by Dolphins football operations boss Bill Parcells with the 18th overall pick.

Pennington owns the highest career and single-season passer ratings in Jets history. He owns the five best season completion percentages. Joe Namath, Ken O'Brien and Richard Todd are the only Jets to have thrown for more yards.

But Pennington, 32, lost his job last year to Kellen Clemens and played in just nine games for a team that went 4-12.

Dolphins coach Tony Sparano spoke about Pennington at his daily news conference but insisted he was happy with his three quarterbacks: veteran journeyman Josh McCown, sophomore John Beck and rookie Chad Henne.

"I only know about him from playing against him," Sparano said. "From what I've heard about him, I've only heard that he's a very intelligent player, and he's always been pretty accurate with what he did with the ball. I know the guy's a competitor.

"We have three quarterbacks right now on our team, and we're finding it hard right now to get all three of those guys the work they need. I'm happy with the people we have here right now," he said.

The Dolphins last week gave NFL outcast Quincy Carter a workout. Carter played for the Dallas Cowboys when Parcells was their coach.

Many viewed Carter's tryout as indicative of the Dolphins' displeasure with their quarterback competition. McCown has been erratic, while Beck has struggled. Henne, it can be argued, is having the best camp.

Sparano claimed Carter's workout was nothing more than a casual look-see to satisfy organizational curiosity. Carter hasn't played in the NFL since 2004 because of drug-related issues.

Again, suck it, bukdow.

Tahoe
08-07-2008, 03:49 PM
Good find GD

Tahoe
08-07-2008, 03:50 PM
Again, Good find GD

Glenn
08-07-2008, 04:05 PM
Again, Good find GD

http://www1.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/760147/2/istockphoto_760147_punch_fists.jpg

Almost used the Obama's terrorist fist bump, but decided not to.

Zekyl
08-07-2008, 04:56 PM
You pound it, but do you lock it and does it explode?

Wilfredo Ledezma
08-07-2008, 05:00 PM
Pennington would be a bust down in Miami...

The Dolphins '07 draft may have been the biggest waste of money ever.

Ted Ginn Jr.- he can run fast, can't do much else
John Beck- already being given up on
Lorenzo Booker- has already been traded to Philly
Drew Mormino- CMU grad, was cut a couple weeks ago
Brandon Fields- lone bright spot, a punter

Jethro34
08-07-2008, 05:15 PM
Pennington would be a bust down in Miami...

The Dolphins '07 draft may have been the biggest waste of money ever.

Ted Ginn Jr.- he can run fast, can't do much else
John Beck- already being given up on
Lorenzo Booker- has already been traded to Philly
Drew Mormino- CMU grad, was cut a couple weeks ago
Brandon Fields- lone bright spot, a punter

If they had a do-over, they could have gone Willis and Woodley in the 1st and 2nd, giving them a freakish 3-4 D with Woodley, Crowder, Willis and Porter as the LB corps. Wow.

Trent Edwards in the 3rd, Brian Smith in the 4th, rest of the draft could stay the same/irrelevant.

KP43
08-07-2008, 05:33 PM
Yay, he's out of the NFC North. The Lions' record just improved by 2 games...maybe. At least Packer games are winnable now.

Zekyl
08-07-2008, 05:47 PM
Potentially. Who knows, Rogers could start a new trend of him walking all over us just as easily. I'm holding out hope, but not getting any high expectations.

Timone
08-07-2008, 06:42 PM
Watching Favre's press conference, I can't help but like the guy again.

Something about him. :mccosky:

Glenn
08-07-2008, 07:25 PM
If the Jets trade Brett Favre to the Vikings at any point, they owe the Packers three #1's.

MoTown
08-07-2008, 11:37 PM
That's a hilarious stipulation, btw.

Tahoe
08-10-2008, 10:55 PM
in practice but is cheered during penatly lap.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/8434500/Fans-cheer-Favre-during-penalty-lap

Courageous! He's just one of the guys.

Vinny
08-11-2008, 01:03 AM
Thank you Tahoe! Please keep the updates coming!

UxKa
08-11-2008, 07:02 PM
Unity lap.

KP43
08-14-2008, 08:08 PM
I wonder how long these unity laps will last.

Timone
10-22-2008, 09:31 AM
YOU BET YOUR ASS I'M ORDERING NOW.

vNdinlup0Fw

https://www.greatqb.com/flare/next

Glenn
10-22-2008, 10:34 AM
Does the coin talk to Matt Millen?

WTFchris
10-22-2008, 12:13 PM
YOU BET YOUR ASS I'M ORDERING NOW.

Too late bitch, I pre-ordered them all

Zekyl
10-22-2008, 12:52 PM
Does the coin talk to Matt Millen?
How dare you disgrace Brett.

Tahoe
12-28-2008, 07:10 PM
Here comes all the Brett Favrah talk again.

Will he retire? Will he come back? Which team? How many tears will he shed?

DrRay11
12-28-2008, 08:50 PM
It won't be quite as big a deal now that he's left GB, I have a feeling.

Tahoe
12-28-2008, 09:19 PM
One can hope

Glenn
12-28-2008, 09:50 PM
I'm comfortable with whatever he chooses.

Timone
12-28-2008, 10:32 PM
It won't be quite as big a deal now that he's left GB, I have a feeling.

You ain't seen nothin' yet

Timone
12-29-2008, 09:37 AM
:emo kid:

Now that the Jets have gone down in flames and started their offseason, we can begin debating two questions in earnest. The first is whether Eric Mangini will be fired for steering the team from 8-3 to 9-7, while the second involves Brett Favre's future. The answer to the second may be contingent on the first.

Jay Glazer of FOX reports today that the veteran quarterback who has made a marketing career out of being just one of the boys doesn't actually like being treated like one of the boys. According to Glazer, the quarterback is chafing at the amount of meetings and quizzes Mangini has for his team. Perhaps most damaging, Favre's play wasn't treated with any deference, unlike his days with the Packers.

With the Jets, however, the sources say that Favre has been called to what they dub "the principal's office" and grilled about making bad throws that turned into interceptions. Those same sources say this is not just done in private. Mangini will also grill Favre about his throws in front of the team, just like everybody else.

Given the amount of bad throws Favre made down the stretch, it must have been a rough December.

The Jets shouldn't fall into the trap of trying to accomodate Favre. If Mangini goes, fine, but the brass must make the decision about the new coach based on all 53 players, not just one who may or may not be taking another NFL snap.

WTFchris
12-29-2008, 10:43 AM
So this was a nice story for them almost making the playoffs and all...but what are they going to do when Favre retires?

Clemmons hasn't exactly lit it up in his first 3 years.

Glenn
12-29-2008, 12:42 PM
Captain Obvious would like to add the the Packers made the right call with Favre/Rodgers.

Timone
12-29-2008, 12:43 PM
Captain Obvious would like to add the the Packers made the right call with Favre/Rodgers.

More people would say it if the GB defense wasn't shit this season.

WTFchris
12-29-2008, 02:08 PM
I think they did make the right move. Rodgers proved he's a pretty good NFL QB. Jay Cutler didn't make the playoffs because his defense sucked too.

Timone
02-11-2009, 09:58 AM
Favre's done, again.

Timone
02-11-2009, 12:57 PM
Is Favre retiring still breaking news after they already broke the news hours ago?

Tahoe
02-11-2009, 12:58 PM
Hey Brett... See ya! Moving on

Glenn
02-11-2009, 12:59 PM
It's definitely time.

Wonder who the Jets go for now?

Prolly won't turn it over to Kellen Clemens (again).

Timone
Garcia?

Glenn
Hmm, maybe.

Timone
02-11-2009, 01:01 PM
I'm sure he'd do his part to help the offense put enough points on the board to keep Jets fans happy.

Plus, he doesn't throw many picks.

Tahoe
02-11-2009, 01:01 PM
I read Garcia to Minni

Timone
02-11-2009, 01:03 PM
I'm sure he might be leaning towards Minny, but I think the Jets should still pursue him.

Tahoe
02-11-2009, 01:06 PM
He'd could prolly keep up the Interception numbers Favre has

Timone
02-11-2009, 01:07 PM
He's thrown 10 picks over the last two seasons, but you're probably right. Not like it'd be hard to throw 2 or 3 a game -- wasn't for Brett.

Timone
02-11-2009, 01:07 PM
Ok, enough of that "alleged" homosexual.

This thread is about BRETT FAVRE.

Tahoe
02-11-2009, 01:10 PM
He's thrown 10 picks over the last two seasons, but you're probably right. Not like it'd be hard to throw 2 or 3 a game -- wasn't for Brett.

Didn't that fuck throw like 10 picks a game when he was here.

Timone
02-11-2009, 01:12 PM
Yeah, true. I'm sure Lions fans are still agonizing to this day over Garcia's tenure here. Good thing they've got Culpepper now.

Tahoe
02-11-2009, 01:15 PM
Yea DC is good but if we had DM, holy shit we'd have won it all last year.

Glenn
02-11-2009, 01:16 PM
Didn't that fuck throw like 10 picks a game when he was here.
Detmer?

Tahoe
02-11-2009, 01:17 PM
We should go after Ben Rothlisberger or Peyton Manning to back him up

Tahoe
02-11-2009, 01:18 PM
Detmer?

I thought Garcia threw a bunch of picks. I could be wrong though, being old and all

Timone
02-11-2009, 01:18 PM
6 in 5 starts. Not out of the ordinary for Lions QBs.

Glenn
02-11-2009, 01:35 PM
6 in 5 starts. Not out of the ordinary for Lions QBs.

Actually, it is.

Tahoe
02-11-2009, 01:38 PM
Actually, it is.

lol

yea, thats not bad for a Lions QB

Timone
02-11-2009, 01:40 PM
Can we PLEASE talk about Favre?

Timone
02-11-2009, 01:50 PM
BTW:

I can imagine Gutz crying uncontrollably, hands shaking, as he wrote that.

That was the best post in this entire thread.

Zekyl
02-11-2009, 02:11 PM
Is Favre retiring still breaking news after they already broke the news a year ago?
Fixed.

Jethro34
02-12-2009, 06:46 AM
Anyone think the Jets might be interested in moving up to get Stafford?

Hermy
02-12-2009, 07:36 AM

Not enough to offer.

Tahoe
02-12-2009, 12:15 PM

Yes, I was thinking that.

Their franchise is prolly worth a ton of money. They don't want to suck anymore. I could see them wanting the best QB in the draft going forward. If they think that is MS, then great for us.

The Giants did it with Eli and that seemed to work out for them.

Timone
02-12-2009, 12:16 PM
Favre retiring saves the Jets 13 mil in cap space, BTW.

Tahoe
02-12-2009, 12:20 PM
Not enough to offer.

I'd take their 1st and a future 1st and ???

Zekyl
02-12-2009, 03:21 PM
Yes, I was thinking that.

Their franchise is prolly worth a ton of money. They don't want to suck anymore. I could see them wanting the best QB in the draft going forward. If they think that is MS, then great for us.

The Giants did it with Eli and that seemed to work out for them.
The Giants moved up from somewhere around 5th though. A far cry from where the Jets are picking.

Tahoe
02-12-2009, 03:40 PM
Agreed, but hopefully the Lions will realize that the 1st pick in this years draft isn't worth as much, imo anyway, as usual years and if the player the Lions are targeting isnt' at the top anyway, move down if you get a future 1st s and stuff. What about a player? Or can't you trade players for picks? <-- brain cramp

Zekyl
02-12-2009, 03:42 PM
You can trade players for picks. I wouldnt mind seeing them trade down but how far down are the Jets? Isn't it right around that Cowboys pick we got?

Glenn
02-12-2009, 03:43 PM
Jets are at #17 and are hoping that Sanchez will be there.

LOL

Jethro34
02-12-2009, 11:13 PM
Not enough to offer.

Multiple picks and a quality DB might do it for me.

Glenn
05-01-2009, 12:04 PM
So, the Vikings you think?

DrRay11
05-01-2009, 12:06 PM
The coffin.

Tahoe
05-01-2009, 12:08 PM
Hopefully he goes hunting with Cheney.

Tahoe
05-01-2009, 08:48 PM
Vikings coach Brad Childress says the team has not discussed Brett Favre yet, but the subject is expected to be addressed at some point in the near future.

Tahoe
05-03-2009, 10:39 PM
per some frickin place...I already forgot. Does it matter? its about Favre.

Though plenty of folks continue to accept at face value the same “I ain’t comin’ back” message that a certain quarterback was communicating as late as early July of 2008, the signs point to the Second Annual Brett Favre Retirement becoming the Second Annual Brett Favre Unretirement.
Why? Favre reportedly still wants revenge on the Green Bay Packers.
“Favre can’t stand Green Bay,” an unnamed league source told Gary Myers of the New York Daily News. “He wants to play Green Bay and say, ‘I told you so.’ His bitterness is creating this. I think he’s calling Minnesota. I think Minnesota is talking about this as we speak. You haven’t heard the end of Favre. No way. He is bionic. As long as somebody will let him in, he will play.”

DennyMcLain
05-04-2009, 11:21 AM
Favre is becoming Uncle Rico. How sad.

Tahoe
05-05-2009, 06:18 PM
(http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=min)Minnesota Vikings (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=min) head coach Brad Childress and quarterback (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=min)Brett Favre (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=112) plan to meet at an undisclosed location later this week to discuss the possibility of the former Packers and Jets quarterback renouncing his retirement from the NFL to play the 2009 season with the Vikings, according to a source with direct knowledge of discussions between the two parties. (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=min)

Glenn
07-28-2009, 05:15 PM
"Staying retired"
Lol

Glenn
07-31-2009, 09:54 PM
Wait and see what happens if Aaron Rodgers gets injured.

Timone
07-31-2009, 10:17 PM
Wait and see what happens if Aaron Rodgers gets injured.

The mere thought makes me want to NOT support GB.

Glenn
08-17-2009, 12:11 PM
"Staying retired"
Lol

Timone
08-17-2009, 01:25 PM
hay someone should try to talk him into coming in and running the WILDCAT!!!

Glenn
08-17-2009, 01:41 PM
http://www.fannation.com/si_blogs/nfl_tracker/posts/74281-report-unnamed-viking-says-favre-deal-already-done?eref=si_topstories

Glenn
08-18-2009, 11:02 AM
WDAM-TV reports that Favre has boarded a plane for Minny. http://www.wdam.com/Global/story.asp?S=10948310

Glenn
08-18-2009, 11:15 AM
WCCO-TV reports Favre expected to sign with Vikes today. http://wcco.com/vikings/brett.favre.minnesota.2.1133319.html

I'm so sick of this a-hole. How blatantly obvious is it that he just wanted to skip training camp?

Timone
08-18-2009, 11:29 AM
This shit isn't even fun to make fun of anymore. It's bukdow.

Favre = clown shoes.

Timone
08-18-2009, 11:36 AM
It'll be fun to watch Rodgers outplay him twice, though.

Glenn
08-18-2009, 11:38 AM
http://tmq2.files.wordpress.com/2007/06/american-flag.jpg

D's Nuts
08-18-2009, 11:56 AM
I haven't seen this much attention whoring since I came onto the site yesterday.

Tahoe
08-18-2009, 12:02 PM
You ain't seen nothin yet.

Glenn
08-18-2009, 12:21 PM
Brett Favre to sign with Minnesota Vikings for between $10 million to $12 million, according to ESPN senior NFL analyst Chris Mortensen.

lol

That's a lot of Wranglers.

El CHUPACABRA
08-18-2009, 03:09 PM
If I died in a fire (but not really in the fire, outside just enough to slow cook and die with a crispy brown crust) I would be much more content than I would be watching ESPN cover Favre.

Glenn
08-18-2009, 03:33 PM
Odds on passing/failing team physical with the Vikings

Pass -1600
Fail +800

via Bodog

WTFchris
08-18-2009, 06:20 PM
This is going to be as annoying as the Pats undefeated run.

I feel bad for all his teammates. He's put three different teams through this BS for 5 straight years.

UxKa
08-18-2009, 06:38 PM
Dusted off my Wranglers today. Glad I kept 'em around.

Glenn
08-21-2009, 09:39 AM
Vikes are shopping Tavaris now, maybe to the Bengals.

Glenn
08-25-2009, 02:42 PM
Apparently, the new issue of Sports Illustrated says "100% Favre Free" on the front cover.

Kind of unusual for SI.

UxKa
08-25-2009, 07:28 PM
Well it's not technically "Favre Free" if it says Favre on the cover is it?

Wizzle
09-02-2009, 07:53 PM
2VfHnCwLp14

MoTown
09-02-2009, 10:04 PM
^It never gets old.

Wizzle
10-05-2009, 08:40 PM
I think I heard something about Brett playing AGAINST the Packers tonight

UxKa
10-05-2009, 09:10 PM
http://remote.lohudblogs.com/files/2007/05/ryan.JPG

... fumbled.

http://www.esquire.com/cm/esquire/images/marlboro-man-0509-lg.jpg

... threw TD.

ESPN shat themselves.

UxKa
10-05-2009, 09:13 PM
http://www.daemonstv.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/nup_116909_0093.thumbnail.JPG

... throws TD.

ESPN = http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_9YXXjbC_4q0/SFf63a1t9eI/AAAAAAAAADM/djCqTpomgsc/s400/Screaming_girls.jpg

Fool
10-05-2009, 09:33 PM
Better than watching it live.

Tahoe
10-05-2009, 11:30 PM
Favrah's arm seems to be fine CUZ THEY'RE FUCKIN WINNING, we'll see if he can handle an entire season.

Glenn
10-06-2009, 06:22 AM
Favre

Glenn
10-06-2009, 04:15 PM
Last night's Packers-Vikings game most watched cable sports broadcast of all-time -- 21.8M viewers.

Timone
10-07-2009, 09:52 AM
Dude is still the shit. Reminded me that it's the excessive coverage I hate and not the man himself.

Timone
10-26-2009, 04:51 PM
It's going to happen.

WTFchris
10-26-2009, 05:02 PM
Dude is still the shit. Reminded me that it's the excessive coverage I hate and not the man himself.

I want to see him not fade down the stretch like last year.

Last year he threw 2 TD's and 7 picks the last 5 games (against some pretty suspect defenses too (DEN, SF, BUF, SEA).

in 2007 with GB he closed his last 5 games with 6 TDs and 7 picks (again with Oakland, Detroit and St Louis in there). He had a passer rating of 8.9 against Dallas in that stretch.

2006 last 7 games: 5 TDs, 11 picks.

2005 last 10: 6 TDs, 22 picks

Timone
10-26-2009, 05:08 PM
I think he threw like 52 passes against the Steelers yesterday. Minny's probably going to lose most games in which he does that.

Timone
10-29-2009, 06:25 PM
WOO

Possibly Redundant Favre-Cam To Debut Sunday On Fox

by Spencer Hall • Oct 28, 2009 5:38 PM EDT

Fox will feature a Favre-cam on Sunday when the Minnesota Vikings visit the Green Bay Packers at Lambeau Field. You, the viewer, will not be robbed of a second of Favre’s return, and will see each ball flip, boyish laugh, cheap downfield block, and carefree interception in all its glory, most likely at the expense of things actually happening on the field while Favre chews his nails on the sideline.

Much to ESPN’s disappointment, the camera will not attempt an in-depth (ha!) examination of Brett Favre’s surgically shortened intestine. (That is best left to the professionals.) The best the WWL could do was take an offhand comment from Favre saying his current Vikings team was “the best I’ve ever been on” from a talent perspective, interview some scorned members of the 1996 team, and then make it the number two story on their NFL page. That’s quality stretching, ESPN, but it pales in comparison to broadcasting his every move on television.

Wait, redact that: they are already in effect doing this every week. It’s FOX that is playing catch-up here. We regret the error.

http://www.sbnation.com/2009/10/28/1105232/the-possibly-redundant-favre-cam

Timone
11-02-2009, 10:04 AM
http://5.media.collegehumor.com/collegehumor/sportspickle/4/9/sportspickle.f181b4d4115b3f0affdde24977c98bce.jpg

Glenn
01-17-2011, 11:24 AM
@alexmarvez: Brett Favre has officially filed retirement papers with the NFL.

DrRay11
01-17-2011, 11:33 AM
it's finally happening

DrRay11
01-20-2011, 06:56 PM
lolworthy:

POyFvDgV2cU

Timone
02-11-2011, 11:09 AM
Dancing with the Stars? lurl

Timone
02-11-2011, 11:16 AM
Favres *

Glenn
07-24-2011, 07:31 AM
Eagles?

http://m.philly.com/phillycom/db_/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=MnmayYT5&full=true#display

Tahoe
07-24-2011, 09:16 PM
This is like a tooth ache coming back after you thought it was done.

Timone
07-25-2011, 02:17 PM
Eagles?

http://m.philly.com/phillycom/db_/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=MnmayYT5&full=true#display

"DISTRACTION"