WTFDetroit.com

View Full Version : DC, Maryland, Virginia primaries today!

b-diddy
02-12-2008, 09:36 AM
obama is projected to keep his momentum and win all three states, difinitively in atleast DC, and maybe the other 2.

Tahoe
02-12-2008, 08:20 PM
58 to 39 BO is winning the women vote in Maryland. Amazing results on the exit polls.

Tahoe
02-12-2008, 08:47 PM
BO has cut into almost every part of Hillbilly's constituencies. Women, low income, latinos, women, etc.

This could be a great day for America.

b-diddy
02-12-2008, 09:40 PM
hilary got her teeth kicked in tonight. sounds like she's preparing to make a last stand in the alamo.

if its true that texas is going to be within the margin of error, hilary is knee deep in her own shit.

b-diddy
02-12-2008, 10:02 PM
telling: in BO's speach he angled much more against mccain than hilary.

Tahoe
02-12-2008, 10:04 PM
I tivo'd it. Just listening to it now. If you are talking about the Madison Wisc speech.

b-diddy
02-12-2008, 10:43 PM
yep. good speech. pretty much a tweek of his basic stump speach.

he probably should have shut it down sooner. he seemed kind of gassed midway. normally i'd be peeved at cnn for cutting in, but i think they kind of did him a favor tonight.

Tahoe
02-12-2008, 10:54 PM
you can say what you want about Karl Rove but even Dems give him credit as being a fairly masterful campaign architect...I mean after all, he did get Bush elected. But he has been saying its still Hillary's race to lose. Tonight he said her campaign is in a collapse. He said it's still possible to come back, but peeps leaving, her stronghold on certain constituencies is gone, etc.

b-diddy
02-12-2008, 11:05 PM
anderson cooper says BO cn sweep the remaining states at 55 / 45 and not get to 2025. essentially, superdelegates are guaranteed to have the final say in this election.

not a big deal, unless they go against the pledged delegates.

b-diddy
02-12-2008, 11:09 PM
theyre showing hilary's speach, she looks rattled. imo, she had come a long way as a presidential candidate in the last few weeks. tonight she looks like the hilary from several months ago.

Tahoe
02-13-2008, 12:12 AM
If the Super delegates go against the masses, then FUCK THE PRIMARIES! Just let the elitists, our appointees (I guess) pick they think we want.

That would be a travesmochery or however that saying goes.

Uncle Mxy
02-13-2008, 06:41 AM
theyre showing hilary's speach, she looks rattled. imo, she had come a long way as a presidential candidate in the last few weeks. tonight she looks like the hilary from several months ago.
I believe what has happened to her since Super Tuesday falls under the general category of "psychological gang-rape". The woman's lived her for the past 15 years, and she knows that's probably the REASON she lost so badly here. Her campaign HQ is in Virginia (in a stupidly high rent part of town, so I've heard). Losing 2:1 in your backyard... oof.

One other primary ended tonight -- the Democrats Abroad one, for Democrats permanently living outside of the U.S. The results won't be counted for another week or so because of how long it takes for mail to arrive, but by all accounts, that will be another Obama victory.

Big Swami
02-13-2008, 08:48 AM
With the size of Obama's wins in DC, VA and MD, it seems to me that the only way Hillary can really win is to lose the popular vote and then call in her superdelegates. She might win in more states but none of them will be landslides, and with the proportional takes the Democrats get, they're just going to add to Obama's numbers also. She would have to use her superdelegates to take the convention, and that would piss off a whole lot of people. At least Howard Fineman at MSNBC (http://talkingpointsmemo.com/archives/178293.php) doesn't think there's a feasible way for Clinton to win this thing.

Uncle Mxy
02-13-2008, 09:32 AM
Every day that Obama has competed with Hillary for pledged delegates, he has tied or gone ahead. She has NEVER had a day where she has cut into Obama's lead in pledged delegates. Here's the compelling narrative that I'm sure the superdelegates must realize:

He won in Iowa
He tied in NH
He won in Nevada
He won in SC
He won on Super Tuesday
He won in every state since

(There's the Florida/Michigan woulda-shoulda-couldas hanging out there, but there's no guarantee Hillary would've won either if John Edwards campaigned, and I wouldn't count Michigan in her corner in a two-way race at this point.)

If Wisconsin and Hawaii go Obama's way, which seems likely, she'll have gone two months without ever winning a single day against Obama.

WTFchris
02-13-2008, 11:01 AM
I believe what has happened to her since Super Tuesday falls under the general category of "psychological gang-rape". The woman's lived her for the past 15 years, and she knows that's probably the REASON she lost so badly here. Her campaign HQ is in Virginia (in a stupidly high rent part of town, so I've heard). Losing 2:1 in your backyard... oof.

The worst part for Hillary is that Virginia was %57 female too. She was winning states early on just based off female votes. Now she's losing in almost every category. How did she do on hispanic votes yesterday (I doubt there are a ton of them in the patomic anyway, but that was the only demographic she was still winning)?

WTFchris
02-13-2008, 11:03 AM
With the size of Obama's wins in DC, VA and MD, it seems to me that the only way Hillary can really win is to lose the popular vote and then call in her superdelegates. She might win in more states but none of them will be landslides, and with the proportional takes the Democrats get, they're just going to add to Obama's numbers also. She would have to use her superdelegates to take the convention, and that would piss off a whole lot of people. At least Howard Fineman at MSNBC (http://talkingpointsmemo.com/archives/178293.php) doesn't think there's a feasible way for Clinton to win this thing.

I think she'd have to win BIG in Texas, Ohio and Wisconsin. Otherwise I see no chance for her. The supers won't back someone that has lost basically every day (as Mxy pointed out).

Uncle Mxy
02-13-2008, 11:32 AM
The worst part for Hillary is that Virginia was %57 female too. She was winning states early on just based off female votes. Now she's losing in almost every category. How did she do on hispanic votes yesterday (I doubt there are a ton of them in the patomic anyway, but that was the only demographic she was still winning)?
The Latino vote went 55-45 for Obama in Virginia, and the reverse in Maryland.

Note that in Texas, the way they get Democratic office holders there routinely involves blacks teaming up with hispanics. I think Texas will be more "in play" for Obama than many pundits are predicting.

Tahoe
02-13-2008, 12:28 PM
BO did cut into the women vote, but I heard that it mainly due to black women breaking from Hill and going to BO. So he has cut into her women constituency, but not older white women, fwiw.