WTFDetroit.com

View Full Version : ahmadinejad visit...

Tahoe
09-21-2007, 02:01 PM
I've been feeling conservative lately. Its the fucking liberals that push me.

So Columbia invites Ajad to speak at their university, but UC Davis invited, then pulled over protests, former Prez of Harvard Lawrence Summers invitation to speak?

Summers was the guy who in a brainstorming session, about why females aren't excelling in math, said that could it be they are smaller and have smaller brains or something. He said it as a question.

He was forced to resign.

AJad wants to bulldoze Israel and all its peeps into the sea and sez so. He is killing soldiers in Iraq. He denies the Hollocauste happened and on and on.

So when someone like AJad comes along acedemia says we should be tolerant of all views and discuss them. It doesn't mean we have to agree. And when the former prez of Harvard comes along, they shut him up.

moral of the story, don't piss off a women?

Big Swami
09-21-2007, 02:58 PM
I'm about as liberal as they come. And truthfully, Ahmedinejad is a douche, and any people who would trust him with the time of day have defiled themselves. The reason for this is that Ahmedinejad is a backward cretin who is incapable of understanding ideas like understand religious pluralism, women's rights, freedom of speech, separation of religion and state, intellectual honesty, scholastic freedom, the rule of law, the rights of accused criminals, and non-interference of government in science - the kind of ideas that are the core of American freedom.

While I recognize that Ahmedinejad is not that powerful and doesn't really matter that much in the grand scheme of things, I can't fathom why anyone would invite him to visit America considering the kinds of ideas he champions. I gotta hear this garbage from Pat Robertson and people like him. He may be against everything that makes America great, but we can't throw him out of the country, because he is a citizen here and that means he has rights. Mahmoud Ahmedinejad, on the other hand, doesn't really need to be treated with the same level of respect.

It stands to reason that if you want to be free to infuriate people with the crazy things you say, you should probably be fighting for the freedom of all people to do that. Even Iranian people, and even to your face.

Tahoe
09-21-2007, 04:55 PM
Good post.

And, on this lil pissed off thing I'm on, the University won't let US recruiters on campus.

You can't pick and choose, or I guess maybe they can.

AJad lets women get stoned to death (last week) and thats ok, but Summers words in a think-tank session get him banned.

Big Swami
09-22-2007, 01:19 AM
Liberals and conservatives agree: Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmedinejad can pour himself a bowl of dicks and snack away.

P.S. this was the cover of the Daily News yesterday:
http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x147/dspiewak/gal_fp_09_20_2007.jpg

Uncle Mxy
09-22-2007, 04:07 PM
Big Swami is probably running this Firefox extension:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/4249

Hermy
09-22-2007, 04:49 PM
I would want to hear his reasoning behind the intended visit. Does anyone have a statement Ammy?

Tahoe
09-24-2007, 03:50 PM
AJad said, "In Iran, we don’t have homosexuals like in your country. We don’t have that in our country. In Iran, we do not have this phenomenon. I do not know who has told you that we have it."

Glenn
09-24-2007, 03:56 PM
Is this Bollinger the same Bollinger that was the President of the University of Michigan about a decade ago?

Tahoe
09-24-2007, 04:13 PM
Yes but the 'former' give Bollinger a tenuous at best connection to UofM.

Big Swami
09-24-2007, 04:43 PM
Just looking for any instance to use that phrase, aren't you?

Tahoe
09-24-2007, 04:46 PM
cogent :)

Tahoe
09-25-2007, 07:06 PM
Well neither AJad or Bush speech were the most interesting to me. It was Sarkozy. France has made a complete reversal (once Sarkozy was elected) on Iran. Germany has at least moved to the fence on Iran. Eastern Europe is behind the US efforts to stop Iran. Obviously GB is with us.

Some Arab countries are behind the scenes voicing support to stop Iran from getting nukes but afraid to take the lead. Bush wants an Arab country to take the lead. These were reports on FoxNews so discount them if you want.

Normally Arab countries to protest Israel using military force in an Arab country. Did anyone notice that Arab countries said very little about that military strike.

Maybe Bush can get something going before he leaves office on Iran like he has with NK.

xanadu
09-25-2007, 07:29 PM
I think it would have been best if the US let the guy speak at the UN, but otherwise completely ignored his visit from a media standpoint. Everyone knew what he'd say when interviewed anyways.

by the way, bollinger let students into his on-campus house to party after michigan beat penn state and ohio state in 1997.

Timone
09-25-2007, 08:25 PM
Just looking for any instance to use that phrase, aren't you?

Who isn't?